mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 805

8-9 glorified scrimmages for this second tier conference.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongside View Post
    If a team goes 8-0 in the Big10, that could very well be enough to make s strong case for being a playoff team. It's an imperfect system to try to figure out the best team in the country. Better to error on the side of spreading it around.

Would be a good year to add an extra week of playoffs. Either 2 or 4 more teams...
    Agreed, with less games being played they can afford to put an extra post season game in for the players.

I would be cool with that format.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Pac 12 not even close to getting in on the action.

Right now, under the current "mandates" from King Newsome, I think it's illegal for Stanford to even practice.

If the QB takes the ball from the center and hands it to the running back they break like three "laws" or county and state regulations.

It's not really up to the leagues, the state is shutting them down.

mjsuax13

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongside View Post
    If a team goes 8-0 in the Big10, that could very well be enough to make s strong case for being a playoff team. It's an imperfect system to try to figure out the best team in the country. Better to error on the side of spreading it around.

Would be a good year to add an extra week of playoffs. Either 2 or 4 more teams...
    Go full playoff. They should revamp it. Give it a try. What the hell do they have to lose?

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    8-9 glorified scrimmages for this second tier conference.
    That thinks they are number 1 in college football What? They had one team, Osu that was a good. But their best defensive player: Wade, he has opted out

mjsuax13

Quote Originally Posted by stake1 View Post
    That thinks they are number 1 in college football What? They had one team, Osu that was a good. But their best defensive player: Wade, he has opted out
    They don’t make the current season any better or any worse and I went to a Big Ten school. Nobody cares. Bunch of whiny bums.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    You are so f**king stupid it is pathetic. There will be games cancelled and you know it. If you really think that they will play every scheduled game, put your money (or your wife's money because we know that you are nothing more than a hen pecked prick) where your mouth is.
    penetrate you

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    They don’t make the current season any better or any worse...
    I am 90% certain that this addition will lead to me making a bunch of bad moneyline bets that cost me some -10 units or so.

Sure, I'll get some wins each week, but it is what it will be.

mjsuax13

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    I am 90% certain that this addition will lead to me making a bunch of bad moneyline bets that cost me some -10 units or so.

Sure, I'll get some wins each week, but it is what it will be.

No doubt. Those rosters have huge question marks on them. The amount of guys that have opted out continues to grow.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Pac 12 not even close to getting in on the action.

Right now, under the current "mandates" from King Newsome, I think it's illegal for Stanford to even practice.

If the QB takes the ball from the center and hands it to the running back they break like three "laws" or county and state regulations.

It's not really up to the leagues, the state is shutting them down.

Same thing in MN. My gym was reshut because people weren't putting their mask on while walking from equipment to equipment.

You imagine trying to get 80 19 yr old dudes to wear their mask in the gym or on the sidelines.

Very bad optics

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

California issued guidelines for institutions of higher learning saying that they can practice in groups of up to 12 people.

Gov. Newsome, in response to the Pac12 saying the states won't let them play said the there is no rule stopping them from resuming football. No county or state rule.

But he doesn't explain how a game of two teams could happen under those guidelines.

Pac 12 welcomes the news and the guidelines for 12 people per practice cohort just may get changed.

Pac 12 could be in action after today's clarifications.

Could be.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Same thing in MN. My gym was reshut because people weren't putting their mask on while walking from equipment to equipment.

You imagine trying to get 80 19 yr old dudes to wear their mask in the gym or on the sidelines.

Very bad optics
    A) you cannot wear a mask on the sidelines. Not if you are a player. What sanitary area would you leave it in when you go in to play? If there is not a sterile area to leave one's mask, then you are doing yourself more harm in wearing it.

B) Myocarditis is not a COVID only concern and anyone who tries to tell you that believes they are talking to an idiot. Myocarditis is also associated with flu and strep. Have you ever heard about colleges doing backflips because of it?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...%E2%80%9311%5D.

https://www.hindawi.com/journals/cric/2014/964038/

C) I have now been to 10 football games this year. No COVID. Nothing but exhausted because going to 3 games a week plus working 45+ hours is exhausting. Kids are all healthy and having a blast.

D) The Big10 thought they were the big boys in college football and decided to be the "leaders" in shutting down. The commissioner admitted it was all political, while his son was getting ready to start playing. And the ACC, SEC, and Big12 told them to have a sit, Miss Nancyboys. Every week that college football was played made them Big10 look even more pansified. (Notice I don't even count the PAC12. I mean, if they don't play would anyone miss them?)

E) Are all of you always so negative?
    Points Awarded:

shopbar picks gave BadNina 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BadNina View Post
    ...B) Myocarditis is not a COVID only concern...
    This is true, but it has still been an issue for doctors, across pro leagues as well. If a highly contagious corona is out there, the athletes will be monitored.

They've been saying as much since the NBA bubble.

It's not reason to shut down, but it's a legitimate concern for high performing athletes...at least they all think so.

No need to compare it to other things like strep and flu, it's really irrelevant to the conversation. They aren't fighting those in these duscussions.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

The Big10 was more concerned w liability issues having just watched 2 of its schools shell out hundreds of millions for misconduct scandals in the past 10 years....they played ut safe waiting and watching the NFL protocols.

When all preseason was canceled the Big10 looked to be in the right, but then NFL started and several schools were going to sue the conference under the non profit laws of the State and/ or try to break the conference.

Nebraska would LOVE to get back into Big12 to recruit Texas, Rutgers, PSU, Indiana and Maryland wouldn't mind leaving either I bet if given opportunities

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Hoops looking at a pushed back Nov 25 start with a 27 game season.

That's good news for now.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

This is true, but it has still been an issue for doctors, across pro leagues as well. If a highly contagious corona is out there, the athletes will be monitored.

They've been saying as much since the NBA bubble.

It's not reason to shut down, but it's a legitimate concern for high performing athletes...at least they all think so.

No need to compare it to other things like strep and flu, it's really irrelevant to the conversation. They aren't fighting those in these duscussions.
    You have to compare it with regards to myocarditis to flu and strep as the they are also either/or viral and/or airborne spread illnesses. That's how the scientific angle of medicine works. They look for common factors.

But no, it isn't a reason to shut it down. The dude from Penn State had to walk back all the fear spreading regarding myocarditis he did once it got out that the numbers he originally tossed out were not based on any study but instead were just told to him.
    Points Awarded:

shopbar picks gave BadNina 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BadNina View Post
    You have to compare it with regards to myocarditis to flu and strep as the they are also either/or viral and/or airborne spread illnesses. That's how the scientific angle of medicine works. They look for common factors.

But no, it isn't a reason to shut it down. The dude from Penn State had to walk back all the fear spreading regarding myocarditis he did once it got out that the numbers he originally tossed out were not based on any study but instead were just told to him.
    My point is that it's a novel virus and they are simply doing their jobs.

You don't have to compare it to flu and strep, you choose too.

They are trying to learn incidence rates as well, Ohio St. has done the most, and mostly in methodology.

Once they learn those things, then you can make your comparisons.

The discussion and study is not about something they've already discussed and studied, don't make it such to minimize or prematurely judge something they are still studying.

And you're going to talk about sientific angles in medicine? I'm guessing you work in the field, maybe a nurse or something.

Unreal.

RM Logic
    RM Logic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7253

There are 3 clear elite teams this year- Clemson, Ohio State and Alabama. No one anywhere will have a problem with OSU only playing 9 games. Just like no one has a problem with Clemson really only playing 1 game- Notre Dame, as pathetic as the ACC is.

The 4th team will be an overrated Texas/ Oklahoma or a 1 loss Georgia/ Florida.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

8 more days and we're back baby!!!

Friday night football

Illinois @ Wisconsin

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

What a worthless game. But the fact is that every game that does not have Ohio State as one of the two competitors is worthless. The Big 10 is rather poor. They have a large number of teams that are nothing but patsies. Look at Ohio States patsy schedule. Crossover games at home against Nebraska and at Illinois. The only team that is close to a challenge for them is their game at Penn State. A major shock if Ohio State loses more than 1 game in the regular season.

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

I still don’t see how any of these teams who have not played a game yet are even allowed to be ranked, or that they can even be bowl or national championship eligible. They wimped out and should not be ranked or eligible for anything jmo

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Best conference

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

who, we are fine without them and the pac 12

First 12