they should make him race for tony stewart they are both hot trash

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22604

Quote Originally Posted by darrell74 View Post
    He is the Danica Patrick of 2020

More known for being a bitchh ,
    than being a driver
    Yup, it's a media world. Talent and ability have no place in todays world.
    Color, sex and who ya screw get you hired.
    Lot's of Paris Hilton's these days.
    No talent, no intelligence....just famous.
    Add Danica and Bubba to that list.

Roger T. Bannon
    Roger T. Bannon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11760

Honestly, Bubba does deserve the car he is getting. The only guys that are better are Jones and DiBenedetto and they might not even be an option and are not going to make as much money. NASCAR does not really have anybody else to go there, especially if they blackball Larson. You could put Buescher in there. But if you are NASCAR owner, you are not going to go with Buescher over Wallace. That is a no brainer.

He deserves it more than Christopher Bell deserves his.
    Points Awarded:

5mike5 gave Roger T. Bannon 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Quote Originally Posted by Roger T. Bannon View Post
    Honestly, Bubba does deserve the car he is getting. The only guys that are better are Jones and DiBenedetto and they might not even be an option and are not going to make as much money. NASCAR does not really have anybody else to go there, especially if they blackball Larson. You could put Buescher in there. But if you are NASCAR owner, you are not going to go with Buescher over Wallace. That is a no brainer.

He deserves it more than Christopher Bell deserves his.
    You brought up one of the driver names I think shows a promotion to a top car is not on merit.

I don't mind Bubba, no problem with anything he has done, and think he is a decent driver. He won't be embarrassing like Danica in a good car.

But Bell, Larson, Reddick, Custer, Moffit, Beuscher, MattyD, Lajoie, Briscoe, Creed, Cindric, Zane Smith and even McDowell and Stenhouse show the signs of serious talent way more than Bubba ever has.

That's not a short list and I'd argue every one of them is more talented.

Roger T. Bannon

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    You brought up one of the driver names I think shows a promotion to a top car is not on merit.

I don't mind Bubba, no problem with anything he has done, and think he is a decent driver. He won't be embarrassing like Danica in a good car.

But Bell, Larson, Reddick, Custer, Moffit, Beuscher, MattyD, Lajoie, Briscoe, Creed, Cindric, Zane Smith and even McDowell and Stenhouse show the signs of serious talent way more than Bubba ever has.

That's not a short list and I'd argue every one of them is more talented.
    That would probably be true up until this year. I think Wallace is actually ahead of Buescher in points. Bell probably has more talent but he has not been as good this year. Wallace has been about as good as Custer with a much lesser car.

Some of the younger guys might have a better future but are they better now? Don't know. Wallace is going to make tons of money for Ganassi if they sign him. Can't fault them for bringing him on board. He's probably earned the chance. All those other guys have alignments that will get them something in time.

If he gets a better car than 42, it will be a little much.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

No argument, he has been decent this year in middling equipment.

I get that he has sponsorship and that is what pays for rides. Don't begrudge him that. I just hope he does something with the opportunity and is just not another seat filler in a top car.

I wish Kenseth and Newman and would follow Jimmie out and open up some more seats.

Roger T. Bannon

No argument, he has been decent this year in middling equipment.

I get that he has sponsorship and that is what pays for rides. Don't begrudge him that. I just hope he does something with the opportunity and is just not another seat filler in a top car.

I wish Kenseth and Newman and would follow Jimmie out and open up some more seats.
    Newman strikes me as a guy they will have to take the wheel away from him.

He will get a few years and probably run like Jamie McMurray. He's going to mint money so good for NASCAR to give him a decent car and see what happens.

From what I read Lajoie may replace Preece.

Bubba car may go to either Ty Dillon, Lajoie or Brandon Jones if get goes Toyota.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

Not sure if Petty got fed up of Wallace leaving him hanging or he got another ride. I dont see Hendricks giving him the #48 car, Wallace should have just took what he could get.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 09-12-20 at 04:38 PM.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

Petty offered him shares in the company they wanted him to stay so bad.

He's off to a much bigger and better deal than Petty for sure.

Not that I think he deserves it. This is similar to Kaepernik for Nike. Not for talent, for publicity.
    Whats that saying the grass is always greener. Unless he has a Hendricks or Stewart-Haas ride, he's lost. Ganassi isn't a bad gig to be fair, but I like Erik Jones for that ride personally.

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11806

I refuse to watching NASCAR when all those white drivers walked done the finish line with him.

carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3661

^^^^^^^^^^ and to top it off the whole rope thing was a 100% lie........

The General
    The General's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Bubba is not George Floyd. He's an experienced veteran driver, who with good equipment, could very well win races. So, he was involved in a noose controversy, which was during a time of serious unrest within America. Let the guy prove his talent in a competitive ride, black or white.
    Points Awarded:

5mike5 gave The General 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

First 12