Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5045

Little excitement for NFL this year.

No Preseason, so no rooting for the underdog to make an impact.

Pushing Black Lies Matter is going to make for a crapshow.

Drew Brees wearing the name of a career criminal wanted for a sexual assault of a 14 year old physically made me sick.

Yes I'm still going to watch my Saints and will still bet on the games. But as for buying merchandise, tickets, and watching other games? Not going to happen.

Black Lies Matter.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

who are u kidding cheap skate, u don't buy anything unless it's on clearance isle
    Points Awarded:

JayDr3am gave cincinnatikid513 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

leovegas
    leovegas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 329

You have no money to bet. So there's no interest?

Ok.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

You are going to have a lot of company.

jizay
    Update your status
    jizay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by Carseller4 View Post
    Drew Brees wearing the name of a career criminal wanted for a sexual assault of a 14 year old physically made me sick.
    Yes I'm still going to watch my Saints
    And there you have it. They'll keep pushing this nonsense because they know you'll take it. Try not watching. Maybe it won't be as bad as you think. Think about how many hours of your life you'll get back to do other things.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: beerman2619

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Yes I'm still going to watch my Saints and will still bet on the games. But as for buying merchandise, tickets, and watching other games? Not going to happen.

Black Lies Matter.
    Haha, triggered much? Take a knee.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47523

I have not given much thought to football..can't believe it starts so soon

Once the games start, the chatter will pick up

I'm certainly not going to watch any pregame shows or national anthem bs
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Carseller4

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

i got excited once i started my fantasy draft for my work league. getting the fever a little. excited for red zone sundays.

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    i got excited once i started my fantasy draft for my work league. getting the fever a little. excited for red zone sundays.
    I have a SBR fantasy draft tonight, going to do a few mocks before it starts

love red zone, i rarely watch the games anymore

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    I have not given much thought to football..can't believe it starts so soonOnce the games start, the chatter will pick upI'm certainly not going to watch any pregame shows or national anthem bs
    Did you ever watch pregame shows and the anthem before all the bullshit? I can’t remember ever watching the anthem unless I was at the stadium or it was the Super Bowl. Why do people get triggered by what other people do? Hell I’ve seen people take a crap in the restroom while the anthem was played at our HS games. Who gives a shit.

im excited for football. Any football. HS, CFB, NFL. If it’s on, I’m watching or going. I just hope it doesn’t get cancelled by an outbreak but I’m not sure they can complete a season without a bubble?

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 422

College football Thursday. I only watch the games for action wouldn't even watch if I wasn't betting

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Did you ever watch pregame shows and the anthem before all the bullshit? I can’t remember ever watching the anthem unless I was at the stadium or it was the Super Bowl. Why do people get triggered by what other people do? Hell I’ve seen people take a crap in the restroom while the anthem was played at our HS games. Who gives a shit.

im excited for football. Any football. HS, CFB, NFL. If it’s on, I’m watching or going. I just hope it doesn’t get cancelled by an outbreak but I’m not sure they can complete a season without a bubble?
    No but I'm going to specifically avoid it or have on mute going forward.

Mac4Lyfe

No but I'm going to specifically avoid it or have on mute going forward.
    I try to avoid all political bullshit, especially local stuff here in Houston. I have zero interest in politics. Zero. Unfortunately, we are bombarded with the anthem. It’s overused. I’ve seen it played before a school play, most school sporting events, at the courthouse before a parade. Hell, it was on repeat in front of Kroger one day a couple years ago. I go to walk in the store and some guy is playing the anthem on a loudspeaker. I stop in front of the entrance while it’s playing with my hand on my heart. Then after it finished it played over again. WTF? I went grocery shopping, came out and he’s still playing it. I have no clue why or what he was doing but I was actually pissed that he got me to stop and stand.

JAKEPEAVY21

I try to avoid all political bullshit, especially local stuff here in Houston. I have zero interest in politics. Zero. Unfortunately, we are bombarded with the anthem. It’s overused. I’ve seen it played before a school play, most school sporting events, at the courthouse before a parade. Hell, it was on repeat in front of Kroger one day a couple years ago. I go to walk in the store and some guy is playing the anthem on a loudspeaker. I stop in front of the entrance while it’s playing with my hand on my heart. Then after it finished it played over again. WTF? I went grocery shopping, came out and he’s still playing it. I have no clue why or what he was doing but I was actually pissed that he got me to stop and stand.
    Agree. I try to avoid it as well but it is impossible to avoid. Can't watch sports, go on the internet or damn near anything else without being bombarded by it.

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

I will be watching football this season
    When they start the BLM nonsense I will mute the TV.

Problem solved.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

I miss the good ol days when watching sports was only about sports

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by clockwise1965 View Post

Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by marcoloco View Post
    I miss the good ol days when watching sports was only about sports

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

I have a SBR fantasy draft tonight, going to do a few mocks before it starts

love red zone, i rarely watch the games anymore
    red zone 100% makes football better. i can't just sit and watch a game, even in the playoffs.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

red zone 100% makes football better. i can't just sit and watch a game, even in the playoffs.
    I feel like this is the only way I can watch games at home now

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by clockwise1965 View Post
    Problem solved.
    What nonsense? I haven’t seen anything in NBA games outside of the BLM shirts and on the floor? Heck I thought they were going to play the black national anthem. I never saw it? I like hearing anthems being sung to see who the artists is, even though I think it’s too much. I always remember Whitney Houston singing the anthem at a Cavs game once. It was incredible. People were crying in their seats. It was silent for several seconds afterwards then the announcer said... “Now that’s the way it’s supposed to be sung”. This was months before she sang at the Super Bowl.

Mac4Lyfe

I put Red Zone on my main screen but will put my Browns on another screen as well as key other games on another.

JAKEPEAVY21

Even more reason to watch only red zone this year..I am not going to contribute to the NFL's ratings

I'll stream any primetime games online

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

I know the political stuff can be annoying but ignoring or trying to avoid stuff is the issue that causes a lot of problems down the road. Do you think if people discussed more political things year after year that we would allow shitty two party systems to get away with everything they do. Unfortunately without discussion people just turn their head until it hits them in the face. Our society is way too reactionary and it’s why we are so divided now

mcaulay777
    mcaulay777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16303

Well right now I have dish network. Dish is where sports channels go to die.The Red Zone and nfl network is blacked out and the fox stations have all been gone since Aug of 2019.So I may be not watching Nfl anyway.No Red Zone no Football.Wont switch providers till sports come back to normal.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It will be ok

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by mcaulay777 View Post
    Well right now I have dish network. Dish is where sports channels go to die.The Red Zone and nfl network is blacked out and the fox stations have all been gone since Aug of 2019.So I may be not watching Nfl anyway.No Red Zone no Football.Wont switch providers till sports come back to normal.
    I used to have Dish and Directv. Dish was great for local content, college sports and their boxes did a better job with the DVR. I had Directv just for NFL. I moved to xfinity and TiVo boxes now.

carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3661

people get so excited about the nfl and a lot by the 6th week are buried, because they play too many games for action to watch at the bars or home with their drinking buddies on any given weekend 2 to 3 games max to win in the long run

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

Quote Originally Posted by carolinakid View Post
    people get so excited about the nfl and a lot by the 6th week are buried, because they play too many games for action to watch at the bars or home with their drinking buddies on any given weekend 2 to 3 games max to win in the long run
    this. This. This.

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

it will be a strange season

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19468

Cancelled my Last Man Standing pool
    Lack of Interest
    also it would really screw up your strategy if some criminal gets shot by the police, and the NFL just protest an entire week of football
    Me and my group are going to wait till next year

Also, cancelled a fantasy league

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

Black Lies Matter.
    couldn't bet on the ravens to cover preseason spreads