PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

it happens lol...and true....why not---the market DOES exist for it
    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    I've been binge watching some videos on Youtube the past few weeks and trying to bone up on things again. I told myself i was going to calm down a few days ago but dropped another $1200 or so yesterday lol. I figure I'm invested in bitcoin/crypto and the stock market, why not diversify my portfolio and throw a few thousand at some PSA graded cards?

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

NBA is hard to watch now a days.. A lot of talent but, no real rivalry and everyone's all best friends with each other not like the old days where they all just really hated each other. Probably the reason why NBA total has sky rocketed, they just let their best friend on the other team score.

PaperTrail07

100% agree....hard to watch IMO unless its playoffs.... regular season is glorified practice at 3/4 speed......no heart to win, wont go to the floor or even tie up......entitled millionaires trotting up and down the court taking jumpers with their buddies.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Monitor-Tan View Post
    NBA is hard to watch now a days.. A lot of talent but, no real rivalry and everyone's all best friends with each other not like the old days where they all just really hated each other. Probably the reason why NBA total has sky rocketed, they just let their best friend on the other team score.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    100% agree....hard to watch IMO unless its playoffs.... regular season is glorified practice at 3/4 speed......no heart to win, wont go to the floor or even tie up......entitled millionaires trotting up and down the court taking jumpers with their buddies.....
    How horrible is it when you see a team is like 6 for 37 from 3?!?! Jfc stop shooting them already and take it to the rack!

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47650

Quote Originally Posted by sosawestbrook View Post
    facts. Im getting raw cards for the personal collection. mostly under the radar prospects for dirt cheap. figure its low risk high reward.
    Yep, that is the only scenario I'd buy raw cards...when they are dirt cheap like you are doing. I would not spend significant money "hoping" to get a potential PSA 9 or 10...

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47650

Quote Originally Posted by Monitor-Tan View Post
    I have not watched the NBA in years, i think it's a crappy product(at least compared to when I was growing up in the late 80s early 90s). That said, now that I snared a couple of Doncic rookies, I'll be more interested to track my investment.
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave JAKEPEAVY21 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    I have not watched the NBA in years, i think it's a crappy product(at least compared to when I was growing up in the late 80s early 90s). That said, now that I snared a couple of Doncic rookies, I'll be more interested to track my investment.
    I think that's really the best way to go about watching it. Totally agree those were some of the best of times. I can't imagine how crazy NBA would be if in the 80's 90's we had social media and mass internet and etc. I think the rivalry and product would've been crazier. I'd imagine a good chunk of people watching sports have cards or DFS or sports betting to add to excitement at least for hoops and probably baseball too...
    Points Awarded:

JAKEPEAVY21 gave Monitor-Tan 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32186

OUCH......yeah I found an Elway yesterday.........same my parents back in the day mostly got me donruss and topps LOL.....agree Ive started looking into selling a few to buy some others ect....atleast google is around so you don't have to buy a "current Value" book anymore LOL.
    Isn't Ebay basically the current price guide these days?

Just look up what the card has been selling for and theres your price?
    Points Awarded:

JAKEPEAVY21 gave DiggityDaggityDo 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07

exactly....selling for..
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    Isn't Ebay basically the current price guide these days?

Just look up what the card has been selling for and theres your price?

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Zack cashed in...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Just as I got to work my phone goes off and boom my Bol Bol lot sold for $180. Pretty happy about it too �� <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/thehobby?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etf w">#thehobby</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BolBol?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" >#BolBol</a> <a href="https://t.co/qISDWQFcI9">pic.twitter.com/qISDWQFcI9</a></p>&mdash; Zack Cunningham (@zack0978) <a href="https://twitter.com/zack0978/status/1286379415115423744?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" >July 23, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Has to cut down on fouls

First 12