THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

UFC Fight Night: Kattar vs. Ige (July 15, 2020)

ESPN+ 10:00 pm ET

Calvin Katter vs Dan Ige
    Frankie Edgar vs. Pedro Munoz
    Carla Esparza vs. Marina Rodriguez
    Abdul Razak Alhassan vs. Mounir Lazzez
    Jared Gordon vs. Chris Fishgold

ESPN+ 7:00 pm ET
    Modestas Bukauskas vs. Vinicuis Moreira
    Molly McCann vs. Talia Santos
    Ricardo Ramos vs. Lerone Murphy
    John Phillips vs. Dusko Todorovic
    Tim Elliott vs. Ryan Benoit
    Diana Belbita vs. Liana Jojua

Last edited by THE_LOCKSMITH; 07-03-20 at 11:31 AM.
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave THE_LOCKSMITH 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja gave THE_LOCKSMITH 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Unwritten Law gave THE_LOCKSMITH 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07 gave THE_LOCKSMITH 23 Betpoint(s) for this post.

spurginobili gave THE_LOCKSMITH 12 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Thrilla

THE_LOCKSMITH

Frankie Edgar vs. Pedro Munoz, Carla Esparza vs. Marina Rodriguez done.....
    Last edited by THE_LOCKSMITH; 07-14-20 at 05:18 PM.

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Jack Shore, Alhassan, Ige, Fishgold, Chimaev.

hankcream
    hankcream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5458

Was hoping Jimmy Rivera would have been closer to even money

WolfTicketDealer
    WolfTicketDealer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7615

Like Murphy and Gordon but not a whole ton of value on this card imo

magpie878
    magpie878's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7049

I barely know anyone on this card!

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47642

Nothing really jumps out at me here. Stamman/Rivera and Elliot/Benoit look likely to go over. I haven't looked at those lines but I'm sure they're both highly juiced at over 2.5.

Looking forward to hearing thoughts from Hugo, Papertrail and Co.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

There are a few dogs on this card I like.

Looks like one of the harder events to cap with many unfamiliar names.

hankcream

This guy does his homework and has pretty good insight on some of these lessor known guys as well as some good info on the main guys UFC Gambling Addicts

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

MMAMANIA write ups -

185 lbs.: John Phillips vs. Khamzat Chimaev

John Phillips (22-9) didn’t make quite the immediate splash he wanted in the Octagon, dropping his first three fights to Charles Byrd, Kevin Holland and Jack Marshman. He finally managed to showcase his notorious power in Sept. 2019 with a 14-second knockout of Alen Amedovski that earned the Welshman a $50,000 bonus.
    All of his wins have come inside the distance, 19 of them by form of knockout.
    Khamzat Chimaev (6-0) — a training partner of Alexander Gustafsson and other UFC veterans at Allstars Training Center — ran through his first six professional opponents in less than two rounds apiece. His 2019 campaign saw him starch unbeaten Sambo champion Ikram Aliskerov with a gnarly uppercut and choke out knockout artist Mzwandile Hlongwa with a second-round d’arce.
    He replaces “Contender Series” veteran Dusko Todorovic on less than one week’s notice.
    If Chimaev is even half the prospect he looks like, he could be among the most significant signings this year. Between his terrific wrestling and surprisingly crisp and powerful stand up, he might be Sweden’s most promising mixed martial artist since a prime Gustafsson. Even if he doesn’t turn out to be all that, though, he should still have more than enough to destroy Phillips, whose complacency with his power led him to never develop any boxing or grappling skills.
    Chimaev is admittedly moving up in weight for this short-notice fight and Phillips admittedly hits like a particularly pasty meteor, but “Borz” has shown that he doesn’t dally on the feet when the takedown is there. He takes Phillips to the mat and either pounds or chokes him out in the first few minutes.
    Prediction: Chimaev via first-round submission
    Related
    Up Next! Wednesday Night Wars On ESPN!

145 lbs.: Ricardo Ramos vs. Lerone Murphy

Ricardo Ramos (14-2) put together a 4-1 Octagon record at Bantamweight, beating the likes of Kyung Ho Kang and Journey Newson, before moving up to 145 pounds last year. His divisional debut went about as smoothly as possible, as “Carcacinha” choked out Eduardo Garagorri to earn a “Performance of the Night” bonus.
    He’s dispatched seven professional opponents by submission and another two by knockout.
    Four months after a first-round knockout win in his native England, Lerone Murphy (8-0-1) headed to Abu Dhabi to face Zubaira Tukhugov in his Octagon debut. Though he suffered an early knockdown, “The Miracle” took advantage of his opponent’s cardio troubles to fight his way to a split draw.
    He’ll enjoy a 1.5-inch reach advantage.
    As praiseworthy as his efforts against Tukhugov were, the fact remains that “Warrior” took Murphy down effectively at will, even when gassed to death. That’s more than a little concerning against Ramos, a capable wrestler with a lethal submission game. Even if he’s not a physically dominant as Tukhugov, being a long-time Bantamweight, Ramos still looks likely to put Murphy on his back without issue and dominate from there.
    Murphy is still the more dangerous striker, but Ramos is no slouch on the feet, and the threat of the Brazilian’s ground game should go some way towards limiting Murphy’s willingness to let his hands and feet go. Unless Murphy can catch him coming in, Ramos takes him down and wraps up a quick rear-naked choke.
    Prediction: Ramos via first-round submission
    Related
    Video: Inside The Fight Island Quarantine Zone

205 lbs.: Modestas Bukauskas vs. Andreas Michailidis

Lithuania’s Modestas Bukauskas (10-2) has won six straight, all by stoppage, since hitting a two-fight skid in 2016. In his most noteworthy fights to date, he knocked out Marthin Hamlet Nielsen for the Cage Warriors title in June of last year and did the same to Riccardo Nosiglia in his first defense.
    He has not won by decision since his pro debut, knocking out seven.
    Andreas Michailidis (12-3) rebounded from a loss to Vladimir Mineev with three consecutive first-round knockouts, including a wheel kick finish of UFC veteran Marcel Fortuna. His efforts set up a Cage Warriors Middleweight title bout against Nathias Frederick, only for the event to fall through because of the ongoing pandemic.
    “The Spartan” replaces Vinicius Moreira — who tested positive for COVID-19 — on less than two weeks’ notice.
    Bukauskas doesn’t get the virtual “gimme” he had with the underwhelming Moreira, but this still looks like a successful debut in the making. Michailidis is a natural Middleweight, making Bukauskas’ own lack of size a non-issue, and is notably outclassed on the feet. Though the Greek’s wrestling and ground game are a threat, especially since Bukauskas has chronic issues with getting taken down against the fence, his lack of cardio and Bukauskas’ scrambling abilities mean he’ll quickly run out of steam if he goes that route.
    Between Bukauskas’ speed, cardio and crisper striking, Michailidis needs a finish in the first five minutes if he wants the win. Odds are he won’t get it. Bukauskas survives some hairy grappling in the early going to outlast and beat down a fading “Spartan” late.
    Prediction: Bukauskas via second-round technical knockout
    Related
    Report: Mystery USADA Impersonator Steals UFC Fighter Dan Ige’s Blood

145 lbs.: Jared Gordon vs. Chris Fishgold

Jared Gordon (15-4) beat down Michel Quinones in his UFC debut before successfully returning to Lightweight with a decision over Nova Uniao veteran Hacran Dias. He has since struggled to recapture that momentum, suffering knockout losses in three of his last four bouts.
    “Flash” Gordon is the taller man by one inch.
    Chris Fishgold (18-3-1) — the former Cage Warriors Featherweight champion — put his UFC debut loss to Calvin Kattar behind him with a second-round submission of Daniel Teymur. He couldn’t do the same to Makwan Amirkhani, who tapped the Englishman with an anaconda choke in Stockholm.
    Thirteen of his professional wins have come by submission, all but one by guillotine or rear-naked choke.
    The oddsmakers currently have this pegged as the closest fight on the undercard and I’m inclined to agree. Gordon’s cardio and incredible output look potentially problematic for the explosion-heavy Fishgold, but “Flash’s” chin has failed him over and over recently. What narrowly edges it for the Brit is that according to UFC’s website, this is a Featherweight bout. The last time Gordon tried to make that cut back in 2017, he weighed in at 149 pounds.
    Now, he’ll have to make it with three knockout losses’ worth of additional trauma and under the non-ideal circumstances of “Fight Island.” Having to fend off a wrestler and submission artist as potent as Fishgold with that sort of baggage sounds like a tall ask — Fishgold scores an early takedown and finds his neck soon after.
    Prediction: Fishgold via first-round submission
    Related
    Rodriguez Vs. Esparza Scratched From ‘Fight Island’ Due To COVID-19

125 lbs.: Diana Belbita vs. Liana Jojua

Diana Belbita (13-5) brought a four-fight win streak into her Octagon debut, which pitted her against rising prospect Molly McCann in Boston. Despite a surprisingly strong effort, “Warrior Princess” ultimately fell by decision after giving up five takedowns to “Meatball.”
    She’ll have three inches of height and six inches of reach on Jojua.
    Georgia’s Liana Jojua (7-3) short-circuited prospect Marina Mokhnatkina’s rise with a majority decision victory in 2018, claiming the Fight Nights Global Bantamweight belt in the process. Sarah Moras proved a taller task, pounding Jojua out midway through the third round.
    “She-Wolf” has scored five first-round finishes during her time in the paid ranks.
    Jojua badly underperformed in her UFC debut, but I’m willing to chalk up a good chunk of her struggles to being extremely undersized for Bantamweight. I expect her to look a fair bit better at 125 pounds, especially with the Octagon jitters ostensibly behind her. Still, I’m not sure that’s enough for me to pick her here; beyond the considerable height and reach advantages, Belbita proved hard to hold down against Molly McCann and threw more than five times as many strikes in that bout as Jojua did against Moras.
    While Belbita’s three submission losses should give Jojua some hope, the Romanian’s length and output will make actually getting in on Belbita’s hips an issue. Barring the move to her proper weight class turning out to be a panacea for Jojua’s problems, Belbita overwhelms her on the feet to claim a wide decision.
    Prediction: Belbita via unanimous decision
    Related
    Pic: UFC Fight Island 1: ‘Kattar vs Ige’ Poster Drops!

135 lbs.: Jack Shore vs. Aaron Philips

Wales’ Jack Shore (12-0) tore through the Cage Warriors ranks, knocking out Mike Ekundayo for their Bantamweight title and defending it with a third-round submission of Scott Malone. He was similarly dominant in his UFC debut, in which he earned “Performance of the Night” by tapping Nohelin Hernandez.
    “Tank” has finished 11 of 12 pro opponents, with only UFC vet Vaughan Lee lasting the distance.
    Aaron Phillips (12-3) washed out of UFC in 2014 after a winless (0-2) run, then suffered an injury technical knockout loss in his next effort. After nearly three years away, he returned to win each of his last five, four of them in less than two rounds apiece.
    He steps in for the COVID-afflicted Anderson dos Santos on 10 days’ notice.
    Philips’ original two-fight UFC tenure saw him land 56 cumulative significant strikes and get taken down 11 times in the span of 30 minutes. His recent efforts on the regional scene saw him once again struggle with wrestlers and get dropped in the process. It does not take a Sherlock Holmes-esque feat of deductive reasoning to determine that Shore’s going to brutalize him.
    “Tank” remains a standout prospect in a division full to bursting with young talent, boasting the skills to keep up with Philips on the feet and utterly demolish him on the mat. He racks up the ground-and-pound until Philips’ neck presents itself.
    Prediction: Shore via second-round submission
    Related
    UFC Unveils Lineups For Every ‘Fight Island’ Event In July

205 lbs.: Jorge Gonzalez vs. Kenneth Bergh

Mexico’s Jorge Gonzalez (16-4) scored the biggest win of his career when he knocked out UFC vet Luke Barnatt in February of last year, setting up a Professional Fight League (PFL) tournament bid. When that fell through due to injury, he suffered a loss to unbeaten Nasrudin Nasrudinov and subsequently choked out unbeaten Marcos Rodriguez.
    He replaces Germany’s Timo Feucht on five days’ notice.
    After an unsuccessful bid on The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 23, Kenneth Bergh (8-0) fought his way onto “Contender Series,” where he suffered a first-round submission loss to underdog Antonio Trocoli. The loss was subsequently overturned because of Trocoli’s failed drug test, since which Bergh has stopped two opponents in a combined 62 seconds.
    He has scored seven first-round finishes, four of them by submission.
    I am very much not sold on Bergh being a prospect, especially after the Trocoli fight, but he should dominate here. Gonzalez is a slugger to the core, disdaining technical striking or any semblance of defense in favor of hurling haymakers. Though he can wrestle and grapple a bit, he hasn’t got much to offer besides well-timed entries on reactive takedowns that he lacks the polish to finish properly.
    Bergh’s reckless aggression does admittedly give Gonzalez a genuine puncher’s chance, especially if he follows in Barnatt’s example and gets too comfortable teeing off on Gonzalez’s unprotected face. The likeliest outcome still sees “Ymir” take him down early, mash him with elbows, and choke him out soon after.
    Prediction: Bergh via first-round submission
    Points Awarded:

Sanity Check gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

shooms79 gave JIBBBY 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

The Jordan of MMA threads gets 23 points for this one====Wednesday Card====good action -LETS GO

PaperTrail07

I mean is it crazy to play the decision on both sides? lol

Kattar +230
    Ige +600....

These guy are both tough to finish....

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    I mean is it crazy to play the decision on both sides? lol

Kattar +230
    Ige +600....

These guy are both tough to finish....
    I could see Kattar getting the KO here..

PaperTrail07

No doubt.... I just see both guys giving respect at least in the first 1-2 rounds.....lot of footwork, respect and clean boxing..then it starts to get more dirty by the round lol.....if Kattar is the first to finish him PROPS..
    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    I could see Kattar getting the KO here..

THE_LOCKSMITH

Calvin Kattar and Dan Ige

Tim Elliott and Ryan Benoit

Jimmie Rivera and Cody Stamann

Abdul Razak Alhassan and Mounir Lazzez

Khamzat Chimaev and John Phillips

sosawestbrook
    sosawestbrook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4486

I'm surprised Ige took this fight especially on such quick turn around. I think he's definitely a top five talent in this division but Kattar is just on another level. that man is a DOG. future world champion in my eyes.

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by sosawestbrook View Post
    I'm surprised Ige took this fight especially on such quick turn around. I think he's definitely a top five talent in this division but Kattar is just on another level. that man is a DOG. future world champion in my eyes.
    You have Ige Top 5? Who else is in your Top 5?

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

it's amazing how Ortega has held onto #2-3 after being inactive for nearly 2 years with his last win March 2019.
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave Unwritten Law 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07

Man Kattar's a beast....could be right Peavy....we will see........
    Points Awarded:

JAKEPEAVY21 gave PaperTrail07 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Man Kattar's a beast....could be right Peavy....we will see........
    Ige has 2 split decision wins in a row(I thought he lost to Barboza). I think his streak and luck run out tonight.

PaperTrail07

I would agree....didnt realize the size diff...
    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    Ige has 2 split decision wins in a row(I thought he lost to Barboza). I think his streak and luck run out tonight.

hankcream

(2) + money plays so far:
    Lerone Murphy + 145
    Alhasaan / Lazzez over 1.5 rds +155

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Kattar has some of the best boxing and hands in MMA.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave Sanity Check 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07

Bets:

Kattar Sub +1200
    Fishgold Dec +600
    Murphy Dec +300
    Phillips Chimev playing both sides in dec +600
    Alhassan by Dec +600
    Main Event Completes 3 rounds -135
    Ige Dec +600

Just playing weird stuff.....
    Points Awarded:

WolfTicketDealer gave PaperTrail07 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07

Parlay (2 Picks)

Khamzat Chimaev wins by 3 round decision
    +550
    Abdul Razak Alhassan wins by 3 round decision
    +650

Risk: 15
    Win: 716.25

PaperTrail07

Alhassan -340 +650 by decision......god forbid he wins a round or 2 before gassing

Same with Fishgold

+120 +600 by dec....

Chimaev -380...by decision +550.......

Hugo de Naranja

UFC on ESPN 13: Kattar vs. Ige Picks:
    Jack Shore Round 3 Submission (Rear-Naked Choke)
    Diana Belbita Unanimous Decision (30-27 x3)
    Chris Fishgold Round 1 TKO (Punches)
    Modestas Bukauskas Round 2 TKO (Punches)
    Lerone Murphy Unanimous Decision (29-28 x3)
    Khamzat Chimaev Round 1 Submission (Rear-Naked Choke)
    Abdul Razak Alhassan Round 1 KO (Punch)
    Molly McMann Unanimous Decision (30-27, 29-28 x2)
    Jimmie Rivera Unanimous Decision (29-28 x3)
    Ryan Benoit Round 2 TKO (Punches)
    Calvin Kattar Unanimous Decision (49-46 x3)

Hugo de Naranja

UFC on ESPN 13: Kattar vs. Ige

ESPN Prelims:

Fight #1: Shore vs. A. Phillips
    Shore ITD (-143) 2.15u to win 1.5u
    Shore Round 3 (+850) 0.25u

Fight #2: Belbita vs. Jojua
    No Bet

Fight #3: Fishgold vs. J. Gordon
    Fishgold KO/TKO (+660) 0.5u

Fight #4: Bukauskas (DEBUT) vs. Michailidis (DEBUT)
    No Bet

Fight #5: Murphy vs. R. Ramos
    No Bet

Fight #6: Chimaev (DEBUT) vs. J. Phillips
    Chimaev+J. Phillips Under 1.5 (-155) 1.16u to win 0.75u

Hedge:
    J. Phillips ITD (+425) 0.75u

Main Card:

Fight #7: Razak Alhassan vs. Lazzez (DEBUT)
    Razak Alhassan (-250) 2.5u to win 1u
    Razak Alhassan ITD (-165) 1.65u to win 1u
    Razak Alhassan+Lazzez Won’t Start Round 2 (+100) 0.75u

Fight #8: McCann vs. T. Santos
    No Bet

Fight #9: Rivera vs. Stamann
    Parlays

Fight #10: Benoit vs. Elliott
    Benoit ITD (+322) 1u
    Benoit KO/TKO (+450) 0.4u

Hedge:
    Elliott Submission (+445) 0.35u

Fight #11: Kattar vs. Ige
    Kattar Decision (+275) 1.5u

Hedge(s):
    Ige Decision (+600) 0.25u
    Ige Split/Majority Decision (+1700) 0.1u

Prop Parlays:
    Shore/Rivera+Stamann GD (-156) 1.17u to win 0.75u
    Chimaev+J. Phillips WSR3/Rivera+Stamann GD (-107) 1.1u to win 1.03u
    Shore Decision/Rivera (+500) 0.3u
    Shore Round 3/Rivera (+1529) 0.1u

Multi-Event Parlays:
    Rivera+Stamann GD/Tsarukyan+D. Ramos GD (+117) 1u
    Kattar+Ige Over 2.5/Jackson (+142) 1u
    Points Awarded:

WolfTicketDealer gave Hugo de Naranja 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

spurginobili gave Hugo de Naranja 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07

You caught amazing #'s hugo..... shore -215 ITD now...ARA-340....
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave PaperTrail07 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

GL gents!! Going with most of the favorites tonight as I'm just not seeing alot of dogs hitting tonight...

Let's win some money boys!!

PaperTrail07

Yesssssir Locked and loaded....GL JIBBBERS
    Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    GL gents!! Going with most of the favorites tonight as I'm just not seeing alot of dogs hitting tonight...

dawg58kahn
    dawg58kahn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1235

put the mortgage on riviera tonight dawg and thank me later

dawg58kahn
    dawg58kahn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1235

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post

are you going to give your plays pre fight today for a change?

PaperTrail07

Smooth by Shore as expected...

spurginobili
    Llano Estacado
    spurginobili's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20421

Damn, that was nice work by Shore

1234 ... Last