d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    We could have locked down for a few weeks and be attending sporting events now. Our kids would be back in school.
    In other words, we could have done what virtually the entire world did right. And what we did wrong. USA has become the laughingstock of the world.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave d2bets 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    This is still the first wave man. We never got out of it long enough. It is insane
    First wave in the current hotspots. But, for example, if we see a surge in NYC Chicago, etc., I think that would be properly called a second wave snce covid is practically nonexistent in NYC. But it's true the USA has not yet seen a second wave. But it's seems just about inevitable that it will happen as people travel and bring it back home. We can only hope that the countermeasures -- masks, social distancing, etc -- will be followed and will help to mitigate.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    This is still the first wave man. We never got out of it long enough. It is insane
    This.

Our first shutdown was pretty effective, especially in California. Now there needs to be cautioun and selective action, but it could be too late.

Need that action for the second wave.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22592

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    In other words, we could have done what virtually the entire world did right. And what we did wrong. USA has become the laughingstock of the world.
    Totally true!

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern
    SBR_Guest_Pro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2939

we might not get out of the first wave by the time the second wave comes. Then everyone internationally will blame USA for their 2nd wave

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_Guest_Pro View Post
    we might not get out of the first wave by the time the second wave comes. Then everyone internationally will blame USA for their 2nd wave
    Many areas are out of their first wave -- the early hard-hit areas, NYC, Chicago, Detroit. You can see it right on their curves. So if that curves back up and accelerates that's a second wave. But then at the same time other areas might still be in their first wave as they are now. Its rolling waves.

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern
    SBR_Guest_Pro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2939

Many areas are out of their first wave -- the early hard-hit areas, NYC, Chicago, Detroit. You can see it right on their curves. So if that curves back up and accelerates that's a second wave. But then at the same time other areas might still be in their first wave as they are now. Its rolling waves.
    We are "One nation, under God, Indivisible" So we're in this together. If one state has a spike during their first wave, we all are still in the first wave

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_Guest_Pro View Post
    We are "One nation, under God, Indivisible" So we're in this together. If one state has a spike during their first wave, we all are still in the first wave
    That's all nice in spirit and I agree we're in this together, but from an epidemiological perspective and for accuracy, I can't really agree.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

See: pimike

Hot Jerry
    Hot Jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

Yes I do believe that it is right thing to do - MASK and DISTANCING !!

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    See: pimike

lol im sure he wasnt wearing a mask or distancing. will be great to get his expert advise back

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9193

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    I could argue that if the economy suffers enough it will have every bit the impact on lives. Life expectancy is a lot lower for the homeless I assume. Certainly we should be able to protect the high risk ppl without shutting everything down which I gotta assume has ruined quite a few lives.
    You just need people to work together for 6 weeks.

Drama queens claiming the economy has to be destroyed.

Show me the destroyed economies among any of the nations who have completely flattened the curve?

ANY evidence countries who protected the people as priority #1 now have decimated economies? You yanks are just talking complete crap on this subject.

But I think you will get your wish, and drag the rest of the world economies down with you, if the USA continues to dither around arguing about this. Just fix it! Like so many other countries have shown you how to do.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave Optional 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Mac4Lyfe

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post

Show me the destroyed economies among any of the nations who have completely flattened the curve?

ANY evidence countries who protected the people as priority #1 now have decimated economies? You yanks are just talking complete crap on this subject.

But I think you will get your wish, and drag the rest of the world economies down with you, if the USA continues to dither around arguing about this. Just fix it! Like so many other countries have shown you how to do.
    When it comes to this, it's unblelievable over here Opti.

Unbelievable.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

The economy is endless Quantitative Easing such as QE1, QE2, QE5,000. The economy is printing money as they need it and giving it to the corporations, bankers, and their country club members endlessly. You, the evil walked-in wetwear zombie zionite has no clue what an economy is or what they really do to you. The dollar is going to be dead. The mask and virus is for the great depression. You've been checkmated zionite. And now, you have 2 decisions: start WW3 or shut your mouth with a mask until your dead. Which do you prefer?

The reason economies don't get destroyed is because they print money endlessly you evil walked-in wetweared zombie zionite moron. EDIT: But eventually when you print money endlessly other people and countries figure out the scheme.....
    Last edited by hehfest; 07-12-20 at 08:10 PM.

Tanko
    Slow roll
    Tanko's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24822

Opti, exceptionally valid points. I'm curous, what do people outside the US think the reason is that we (Americans) can't get our s#!t together?
    • Lack of national leadership
    • The politicization of the response to Covid-19
    • Failure of states to adhere to scientific facts
    • ?????

What is the opinion outside the US?
    Thanks.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Or just maybe there unknowns to all of it. Let’s wait and see what happens to the places patting themselves on the back, just maybe we busy building up our immune systems so when it comes back all over it won’t even phase us. Shouldn’t have ever shut down anything or start doing it again, business as usual might have been no different. Nobody really knows, everyone just likes to act as if they do.

Mike Huntertz

There are a lot of countries that are on "the other side" of this. Too many to mention.
    Why is America, with all the assets and tools losing this battle?
    The greatest and richest country in the world without a doubt...and sucking the hind teat.
    This is not acceptable, wake up people.
    The world is laughing but with tears.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Tanko View Post

Opti, exceptionally valid points. I'm curous, what do people outside the US think the reason is that we (Americans) can't get our s#!t together?
    • Lack of national leadership
    • The politicization of the response to Covid-19
    • Failure of states to adhere to scientific facts
    • ?????

What is the opinion outside the US?
    Thanks.
    I can't speak for everyone but for me it seems like terrible timing for this to happen in an election year like this in the USA.

I'd think majority of people down here would think Trump is doing a bad thing for USA and the world by not trying to bring people together.

And I think a lot are starting to worry what will happen if USA just lets this thing run rampant so the only way the rest of us can open international travel back up within the next 2 years might be to ban Nth American travel.

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post

Or just maybe there unknowns to all of it. Let’s wait and see what happens to the places patting themselves on the back, just maybe we busy building up our immune systems so when it comes back all over it won’t even phase us. Shouldn’t have ever shut down anything or start doing it again, business as usual might have been no different. Nobody really knows, everyone just likes to act as if they do.
    You're right. I don't think even nations who have done well so far really know exactly what to do and when now.

Kind of caught in limbo with a bunch of restrictions still in place for god knows how long.

But, people aren't dying and most businesses are finding ways to work around the situation whilst we wait for better solutions.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Most of the tough guys that don’t wear one will be crying like a bitch when they’re on ventilators. Fake machismo

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

If you don’t take it serious you will get corona eventually that’s guaranteed

Mike Huntertz

I truly believe Trump would have listened to the experts in year 2 or 3......very bad timing.
    I can't speak for everyone but for me it seems like terrible timing for this to happen in an election year like this in the USA.

I'd think majority of people down here would think Trump is doing a bad thing for USA and the world by not trying to bring people together.

And I think a lot are starting to worry what will happen if USA just lets this thing run rampant so the only way the rest of us can open international travel back up within the next 2 years might be to ban Nth American travel.

You're right. I don't think even nations who have done well so far really know exactly what to do and when now.

Kind of caught in limbo with a bunch of restrictions still in place for god knows how long.

But, people aren't dying and most businesses are finding ways to work around the situation whilst we wait for better solutions.

rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2111

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Most of the tough guys that don’t wear one will be crying like a bitch when they’re on ventilators. Fake machismo
    That's already happened... all over the world

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

like your opinion means fuk all to anyone here

you don't even have enough clean drinking water for everyone in your country!

just fix it !!

we are WORKING keeping America great while Opti is jerking off to fictional news programs basically cartoons

getting the good Crack4Lyfe reach arounds too !!

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 396

Ohio's Cuyahoga County has set up a hotline to report people who are violating Gov. Mike DeWine's order that face masks must be worn, The Hill reported on Sunday.

The county, which includes Cleveland, announced the hotline over the weekend after DeWine issued the order earlier in the week mandating masks in the state's 12 counties with the most coronavirus cases.

County Executive Armond Budish explained that county employees will get in touch with the subject of each complaint to let them know that one has been filed against them and will also inform the relevant city or village, Cleveland.com reported.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Huntertz View Post
    I truly believe Trump would have listened to the experts in year 2 or 3......very bad timing.
    lol come on.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Here's what happens when you think COVID is nothing but hype.

Good for the ignorant bastard

Richard Rose:"Let make this clear. I'm not buying a f---ing mask. I've made it this far by not buying into that damn hype," he posted on April 28.
    37-year-old Port Clinton war vet dies from COVID-19 complications on Fourth of July

Richard Rose in April posted on Facebook that he would not wear a mask. In an unlikely turn of events, he lost his battle with COVID-19 he tested positive for COVID-19 on July 1 and died just three days later.

37-year-old Port Clinton war vet dies from COVID-19 complications on Fourth of July

By Kelly Kennedy | July 10, 2020 at 11:15 PM EDT - Updated July 11 at 8:48 PM

PORT CLINTON, Ohio (WOIO) - Richard Rose was only 37 years old when he died at his home from complications due to COVID-19. He was born and raised in Port Clinton.

Those who knew Rose described him as kind, funny, and caring.

His family said he was very active in helping homeless vets and in preventing veteran suicide.

The Port Clinton man served in the U.S. Army for nine years and did two tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. He died at his home from complications related to COVID-19 on the Fourth of July.

“We were blown away, you know? You hear about this virus and you don’t expect it to affect people, younger people like ourselves,” said Nick Conley, who was Rose’s friend.

Conley met Rose through a shared love of video games. He is crushed that he lost his friend to this virus, but he’s also hurt by something Rose posted on Facebook back in April.

That post has now been shared more than 10,000 times. It reads, “Let’s make this clear. I’m not buying a mask. I’ve made it this far by not buying into that damn hype.”

“Rick is getting slaughtered online right now for his decision that he made not to wear a mask and that’s not right,” Conley said. “We should still be compassionate whether we agree with someone’s beliefs or not. Someone has passed away and we should have some compassion towards that.”

Rose’s family said he tested positive for COVID-19 on July 1 and died just three days later. Rose’s family said he had no known pre-existing health conditions.

“It’s horrible that we lost Rick but the even more tragic part of that is who else became infected because of the actions that he chose,” Conley said.

Conley hopes his friend’s death will serve as a warning to others.

“I know a lot of people that haven’t met someone that they know of that has been diagnosed with the virus and I wanted people to see it was real and my hope is that people will see that this does happen and people will be more cautious,” he said.
    Last edited by PAULYPOKER; 07-13-20 at 08:40 AM.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11078

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Here's what happens when you think COVID is nothing but hype.

Good for the ignorant bastard

Richard Rose in April posted on Facebook that he would not wear a mask. In an unlikely turn of events, he lost his battle with COVID-19 he tested positive for COVID-19 on July 1 and died just three days later.

By Kelly Kennedy | July 10, 2020 at 11:15 PM EDT - Updated July 11 at 8:48 PM

PORT CLINTON, Ohio (WOIO) - Richard Rose was only 37 years old when he died at his home from complications due to COVID-19. He was born and raised in Port Clinton.

Those who knew Rose described him as kind, funny, and caring.

His family said he was very active in helping homeless vets and in preventing veteran suicide.

The Port Clinton man served in the U.S. Army for nine years and did two tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. He died at his home from complications related to COVID-19 on the Fourth of July.

“We were blown away, you know? You hear about this virus and you don’t expect it to affect people, younger people like ourselves,” said Nick Conley, who was Rose’s friend.

Conley met Rose through a shared love of video games. He is crushed that he lost his friend to this virus, but he’s also hurt by something Rose posted on Facebook back in April.

That post has now been shared more than 10,000 times. It reads, “Let’s make this clear. I’m not buying a mask. I’ve made it this far by not buying into that damn hype.”

“Rick is getting slaughtered online right now for his decision that he made not to wear a mask and that’s not right,” Conley said. “We should still be compassionate whether we agree with someone’s beliefs or not. Someone has passed away and we should have some compassion towards that.”

Rose’s family said he tested positive for COVID-19 on July 1 and died just three days later. Rose’s family said he had no known pre-existing health conditions.

“It’s horrible that we lost Rick but the even more tragic part of that is who else became infected because of the actions that he chose,” Conley said.

Conley hopes his friend’s death will serve as a warning to others.

“I know a lot of people that haven’t met someone that they know of that has been diagnosed with the virus and I wanted people to see it was real and my hope is that people will see that this does happen and people will be more cautious,” he said.

sounds like Darwinism to me - survival of the smartest.

PAULYPOKER

Has was a porker too.

Tanko
    Slow roll
    Tanko's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24822

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Ohio's Cuyahoga County has set up a hotline to report people who are violating Gov. Mike DeWine's order that face masks must be worn, The Hill reported on Sunday.

The county, which includes Cleveland, announced the hotline over the weekend after DeWine issued the order earlier in the week mandating masks in the state's 12 counties with the most coronavirus cases.

County Executive Armond Budish explained that county employees will get in touch with the subject of each complaint to let them know that one has been filed against them and will also inform the relevant city or village, Cleveland.com reported.
    Wow. Its come down to implementing a "snitch" line.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Has was a porker too.

Looks like a typical American middle-aged dude.

PAULYPOKER

Looks like a typical American middle-aged dude.
    It appears he is overweight or even obese
    (using the BMI calculator anything 30 and over is considered obese)
    so this is an easy way for the naysayers to dismiss.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    like your opinion means fuk all to anyone here

you don't even have enough clean drinking water for everyone in your country!

just fix it !!

we are WORKING keeping America great while Opti is jerking off to fictional news programs basically cartoons

getting the good Crack4Lyfe reach arounds too !!

Nice one Manny. You just keep your head in the sand and shouting MAGA at yourself.

Meanwhile hopefully more of America will wise up.

The rest of the Western world needs USA to pull a finger out and accept reality, stop arguing, and just fix it! Like the rest of us are doing.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11078

if a doctor can make her/his own determination and mark COVID as the death reason even though the deceased did not have a positive test before dying, then doctors can also make her/his own determination and even if all of the earmarks of a COVID death are there, it can be marked as something else.

IMO - Blue States overinflating Covid deaths. Red States underinflating.

very little question about it in my mind. that's why you see death rates vs infection total so much higher in Blue states than Red ones. both sides are full of SHITT

and i don't want to hear that in AZ, TX and FL it is mostly young people catching it that's why the death rate is <2%. that is a bunch of horse kaka

carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3661

do you guys thinks the 2 dollars masks works??

Wabashwonders
    Wabashwonders's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

It appears he is overweight or even obese
    (using the BMI calculator anything 30 and over is considered obese)
    so this is an easy way for the naysayers to dismiss.
    Like d2bets said, a typical American middle aged dude.

First ... 3456789 ... Last