homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11090

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Anyone else think this could be a correction (meaning 10% drop) week on Wall Street?
    If it drops even 5% from current levels people will line up to buy. Backstopped by Fed and the vaccine/meds positive news cycle will emerge just in time, every time

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26823

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_Guest_Pro View Post
    BETZ or IDEX. Which one?
    Idex going to compliance tomorrow. Has a lot of orders they will be filling by the end of the month

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    If it drops even 5% from current levels people will line up to buy. Backstopped by Fed and the vaccine/meds positive news cycle will emerge just in time, every time
    You got 2950 as a floor?

homie1975

You got 2950 as a floor?
    sounds about right.

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_Guest_Pro View Post
    BETZ or IDEX. Which one?
    I have IDEX but the worry is if you don't have it yet, too many people may buy and the price going up too high overnight, only to drop off. I have a feeling it's going to skyrocket in pre-market and it may be too high to buy. I'd wait to see if it dips during the day because I think it will go higher again down the road. They very likely could sign a deal with Tesla, and when they do, the sky's the limit. It's 2.30 now, I think it hits 2.75 pre-market but drops to 2.40 or 2.50 during the day and ends near $3 towards the end of the week.

I'd hold off on BETZ until there's a confirmation there's going to be sports. The NBA seems to be wavering, MLB may not strike a deal, and I'm not sold on the NFL coming back for sure. I'm wavering right now on the sports betting market with the spike in covid cases.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

$SINT and $KTOV hype this week

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

Where does everyone get their tips from? Who to follow on Twitter? Any recommended scanner?

I want to gamble some more with penny stocks. I made about a nice return with zoom, and other tech but I want to gamble some more

compaqDikk
    compaqDikk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by JayLA View Post
    Where does everyone get their tips from? Who to follow on Twitter? Any recommended scanner?

I want to gamble some more with penny stocks. I made about a nice return with zoom, and other tech but I want to gamble some more
    a bathroom stall on the SE side in CHAZ/CHOP. the bathroom attendant i tip just like at strip clubs has made me a killing sir. jump on the gravy train and thank me later

JayLA
    On to the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by compaqDikk View Post
    a bathroom stall on the SE side in CHAZ/CHOP. the bathroom attendant i tip just like at strip clubs has made me a killing sir. jump on the gravy train and thank me later
    Not sure if serious lol

I was referring more to doing my own research with a nice scanner, that's all.

navyblue81

I get mine from a few areas.

1. I have a financial adviser that gives me tips on long-term stocks. Right now I'm long-term in Apple and The Trade Desk.
    2. For short termers, I check google article over the weekend and occasionally during the week and write down the stocks that look to have some promise. I got into Idex and FMCI/FSLY a week ago and am keeping those this week.
    3. I study charts on each of the stocks that I liked it.
    4. I go on yahoo discussion forums for that specific stock and read some of the shareholders that own the stocks' opinions on news on the stock. Sometimes they give you inside info on upcoming PR news.
    5. I usually pick 2-3 to keep an eye on during the week and focus on them. If you start focusing on too many, you can get into a habit of trading too much and get wishy-washy. Just gotta stick with two or three and pull the trigger.

Give you an example...when I first started trading, I was trying to trade 8 or 9 a week. I ended up losing my ass because every time a stock went up, I switched over. As soon as I did, it dropped, then I moved to another one that was moving up and the same thing. It's hard to keep jumping from one stock to another during a day and make money.
    Last edited by navyblue81; 06-21-20 at 07:26 PM.

JayLA
    On to the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by compaqDikk View Post
    and i was also referring to twitter. there's a lot of winners on twitter sharing their winning picks, in both gambling and stocks, to gain more followers.

i get your joke though.
    Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post

1. I have a financial adviser that gives me tips on long-term stocks. Right now I'm long-term in Apple and The Trade Desk.
    2. For short termers, I check google article over the weekend and occasionally during the week and write down the stocks that look to have some promise. I got into Idex and FMCI/FSLY a week ago and am keeping those this week.
    4. I go on yahoo discussion forums for that specific stock and read some of the shareholders that own the stocks' opinions on news on the stock. Sometimes they give you inside info on upcoming PR news.
    5. I usually pick 2-3 to keep an eye on during the week and focus on them. If you start focusing on too many, you can get into a habit of trading too much and get wishy-washy. Just gotta stick with two or three and pull the trigger.

Give you an example...when I first started trading, I was trying to trade 8 or 9 a week. I ended up losing my ass because every time a stock went up, I switched over. As soon as I did, it dropped, then I moved to another one that was moving up and the same thing. It's hard to keep jumping from one stock to another during a day and make money.
    thanks! i'm relatively new to the market but like sports bettering, i have a lot of those around me doing well.

I'm always open to new input. cheers

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10359

SHLL (Tortoise Acquisitions) is merging with Hyliion, which is another EV aspiring semi-truck company, except this one looks to convert trucks to EV and has option for diesel+EV hybrid.

Honestly haven’t done a ton of research but I can see this one following a similar run as NKLA just on FOMO

CanuckG

Twitter list of people I follow

@InvestorsLive
    @buysellshort
    @TradeHawk
    @holiday613
    @_PennyMachine_
    @IncredibleTrade
    @TradeOnTheWire1
    @traderstewie
    @ACInvestorBlog
    @TheLioncom
    @Ultra_Calls
    @RichHamiltonJr
    @beach_trades
    @ideanomicshq
    @StanTradingMan
    @JamesHoward18
    @MrZackMorris (favourite one)
    @anyatrades
    @AjTrader7
    @justinHRandolph
    @King_Biotech
    @ValueInvestorRN
    @simbatrading
    @FonsieTrader
    @GuyGentile
    @RocketCatchnBob
    @alexcutler247
    @incrediblebob12
    @yatesinvesting
    @iluvstocks1
    @daveportnoy11
    @The_Analyst_81
    @StockAuthority
    @TheStocksmen
    @Hugh_Henne
    @DipDeity
    @PJ_Matlock

I also use the Atlas trading discord scanner that will alert me of any movements and benzinga pro for their platform.
    Points Awarded:

JayLA gave CanuckG 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

maxell
    maxell's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18897

Been out of stocks for a spell. What brokerage do you guys use? Thinking about diving into the pennies.

navyblue81

Anyone have stock in SHLL? Thinking about purchasing some shares this week. Read some good stuff on it. Looks like it could be a good three-month play.

homie1975

You got 2950 as a floor?
    SPX was 3059 at fri close so 5% down is basically 2900. So I'll put support at 2850ish

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    SPX was 3059 at fri close so 5% down is basically 2900. So I'll put support at 2850ish
    No, 3098 close Friday. 5% down would be 2,943.

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10359

Plan for the week.

Its clearly going to be a kangaroo market defined by volatility for the foreseeable future and so much is overvalued.

Going into every investment thinking of the future post-covid, 2-5 years from now.

I added some GOOGL, Spotify and WEX last week for long positions.

Hotels like Marriott, MGM And LVS are undervalued, have also noted travel stocks tend to be ahead of market dips before other sectors, Airlines, Cruises all took beatings last week which may indicate more market corrections this week?

I’m still of the opinion we won’t see crazy covid spikes or shutdowns during the summer, but the pain is coming in the fall.

Also added to my positions in ETFs=> CLOU and XSW
    If you study every historical market crash, from the Great Depression to the Dotcom bubble, each has ushered in a new industrial revolution, it’s pretty clear that cloud, cyber security, software, fin tech tech and e-commerce are the next generation, I honestly believe the least risky play is Amazon, Alibaba and Sea Limited and wouldn’t blame anyone for liquidating everything for these positions.

I am hoping to add to positions in Alibaba and Sea Limited as my Asian growth e-commerce plays.

I will be starting to research environmentally focused companies in case Biden wins but there’s still a long road ahead.

buying SHLL for swing play, I think this can run just on FOMO from NKLA

homie1975

No, 3098 close Friday. 5% down would be 2,943.
    ok i must have seen the AH close on Friday night then because it was more like 3059. you will have to take my word for it or take a look, Bud.

i'll say we have support at 2950ish then.

anyhow we went down aboutt 115 pts tonight on the DOW and are now up 177 as i type

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by allabout the $$$ View Post
    i keep seeing sint on my twitter timeline
    closed friday at .77 right around 3.00 now

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by allabout the $$$ View Post
    closed friday at .77 right around 3.00 now
    2.25 had to jump in

CanuckG

SINT hype is real

navyblue81

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    SINT hype is real
    That’s insane. Too late for me to jump on but that is one hell of a pre-market surge.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

What do you think of drrx?

navyblue81

IDEX going crazy again.
    Loving it.

JayLA
    On to the next one...

IDEX going crazy again.
    Loving it.
    Fkkkkk shit hasn't even opened

navyblue81

Fkkkkk shit hasn't even opened
    I may sell early today. A dip has to come with it. I don’t want to drop FSLY (been growing way too much) and also want to get in on SHLL. May take my profits with IDEX. Already paid out nicely.

CanuckG

How’s my KTOV looking

cornmeal
    cornmeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1208

How’s my KTOV looking
    Solid Canuck-how high you thinking it will run?
    Last edited by cornmeal; 06-22-20 at 08:19 AM.

CanuckG

Quote Originally Posted by cornmeal View Post
    I got out at .75. Took my 5k ish canadian and ran. I think it could hit $1 but I want the cash to swing other tickers

chico2663

How’s my KTOV looking

lets go

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by cornmeal View Post

just bought 500 units . hopefully doesn't fall

chico2663

How’s my KTOV looking

2nd time you did a bait and switch. not cool

navyblue81

Damn IDEX about to crack $3.

chico2663