Risto234
    Risto234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10307

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Masks are cool
    Ski mask yes. In theory motorcycle helmet would be decent mask aswell ...

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by Risto234 View Post
    Ski mask yes. In theory motorcycle helmet would be decent mask aswell ...
    No it would't. It has vents to allow air. If you close the vents it will fog up and you would not be able to breath.
    Last edited by pavyracer; 06-18-20 at 12:02 PM.

hawkeye 16
    Update your status
    hawkeye 16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10404

I can just hear Jesse James in his grave saying "You mean they encourage you to wear masks when you go into a bank? Damn, I wish I was still alive."

Personally, I'm not sure they do much good, but I'll wear them in a business establishment. Then again, I'm not a doctor or scientist. I think everybody will eventually get this crap, and then it's just a matter of genetics or something. Nobody knows.

Ironically, we have hospitals around here that are saying that they are going to have to file bankruptcy and close because nobody can get any procedures done. It might actually cause more deaths.

I don't have the answer. Just some observations.
    Last edited by hawkeye 16; 06-18-20 at 12:11 PM.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9183

Quote Originally Posted by wikkidinsane View Post
    Option I like you bruv. A man of common sense and a great person. Guy I want to know if you are going to defy orders and walk in businesses without your masks. It's more gangsta if you do it in texas or Florida. Big time red states
    I've been mindful to social distance and not have group gatherings and not travel interstate.

But there is no order to wear masks here. Maybe 25% of people at supermarket choose to.

I don't think mask use needs to be enforced really. But the people like Emily, Rudy and Carolinakid above are part of a group that are just against being told to do anything for the public good.
    Points Awarded:

wikkidinsane gave Optional 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Risto234
    Risto234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10307

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    No it would't. It has vents to allow air. If you close the vents it will fog up and would be able to breath.
    Maybe yes but then again i haven't been wearing mask not even once during last 3 months lol ...

Buckandadime
    Act as if
    Buckandadime's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1153

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    California has mandatory masks

had the highest amount of new cases yesterday at 4179

keep telling us how those mask work and that we must wear them
    The population of California is 40,000,000..
    Do the math on that...
    Your statement makes no sense..

BOA12
    BOA12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2035

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I've been mindful to social distance and not have group gatherings and not travel interstate.

But there is no order to wear masks here. Maybe 25% of people at supermarket choose to.

I don't think mask use needs to be enforced really. But the people like Emily, Rudy and Carolinakid above are part of a group that are just against being told to do anything for the public good.
    trump warriors "R" fearless.

Wrongside
    Only Backdoor'd; never backdoor
    Wrongside's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 773

Re: Optional

you are right in a lot of ways, but know that the vast majority of the ones not practicing community minded behavior and potentially spreading it to others are not the same types as those voicing political opposition to all the nonsense.
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave Wrongside 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye 16 View Post
    I can just hear Jesse James in his grave saying "You mean they encourage you to wear masks when you go into a bank? Damn, I wish I was still alive."

Personally, I'm not sure they do much good, but I'll wear them in a business establishment. Then again, I'm not a doctor or scientist. I think everybody will get this crap, and then it's just a matter of genetics or something. Nobody knows.

We have hospitals around here that are ironically saying they are going to have file bankruptcy and close because nobody can get any procedures done. It might actually cause more deaths.

I don't have the answer. Just some observations.
    ^^^ feel almost exactly the same way. That we will all have to face it at some stage.

Well I did, but now the virus has been virtually completely stopped down here, I am becoming hopeful that my mother with seriously compromized health may not end up having to get it now.

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11516

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    I’ll be attending the BLM rally in brigantine nj
    When I was living in the hood in the 80s and 90s
    Brigantine was 96% white and very wealthy..

When did that all change..back then I do believe
    no protests of that kind would take place there.

Brigantine, Margate, OC. Wildwood,AC.

Nicky Scarfo Was the man back then out of Philadelphia.
    Frank Rizzo was mayor of philly and Jerome Brown died in a car crash.

I did 20 years on the wildwood boardwalk but loved hanging out in brignantine.

hawkeye 16
    Update your status
    hawkeye 16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10404

^^^ feel almost exactly the same way. That we will all have to face it at some stage.

Well I did, but now the virus has been virtually completely stopped down here, I am becoming hopeful that my mother with seriously compromized health may not end up having to get it now.
    If you Aussies can handle snakes, spiders and scorpions that are like 100 times more venomous than any other part of the world, you'll be OK. Prayers for your mother.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Don’t play with your health guys listen to the authorities

Mikelewis
    Mikelewis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

To be honest with all the large protests the last few weeks, with thousands of people in close quarters many without masks...the whole contain the spread logic should've gone out the window...its too late for that, its time to dump the whole mask thing...think herd immunity.

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern
    SBR_Guest_Pro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2939

dumb idea. I'll be at home all day

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Mikelewis View Post
    To be honest with all the large protests the last few weeks, with thousands of people in close quarters many without masks...the whole contain the spread logic should've gone out the window...its too late for that, its time to dump the whole mask thing...think herd immunity.
    That seems to be the reality of the situation.

And not being in Nth America, that would honestly be in my best interests too as it would get the US back on track fastest.

But as a people, do you you really want to endorse a govt strategy that would probably end up killing several million people before their time and have 10s of million of other older people living in fear for years?

Once you vote for that, you are endorsing the idea that it's justifiable for a govt to cull their own populations. Something the western world has loudly shouted about being wrong for my entire lifetime.

Not that I have a plausible solution to offer myself right now.

Optional

Here's a Machiavellian thought for you.

What if the NWO has calculated that killing off an entire generation early would create economic benefits from costs of aged care, to reducing retirement fund commitments, to releasing assets to the next generation earlier to stimulate economy etc, and are now trying to sell the whole herd immunity idea to the people?

If you told me a year ago that any first world nation would be having serious discussions about doing that I would have not considered it for even a second as possible.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Buckandadime

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Quote Originally Posted by Al Masters View Post
    When I was living in the hood in the 80s and 90s
    Brigantine was 96% white and very wealthy..

When did that all change..back then I do believe
    no protests of that kind would take place there.

Brigantine, Margate, OC. Wildwood,AC.

Nicky Scarfo Was the man back then out of Philadelphia.
    Frank Rizzo was mayor of philly and Jerome Brown died in a car crash.

I did 20 years on the wildwood boardwalk but loved hanging out in brignantine.
    It is now 99% white.

Rally funded by the Kennedys. It’s 100% political & has nothing to do with race relations. Trying to drum up democratic supporters

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern

Ha, Governor Newsom just announced that California now has a mandatory mask policy for indoor places. For the entire state

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15307

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_Guest_Pro View Post
    Ha, Governor Newsom just announced that California now has a mandatory mask policy for indoor places. For the entire state
    Another disgraceful democrat giving into the social justice mob.

Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

Governor Newsom just announced that California now has a mandatory mask policy for indoor places for the entire state.

...and will it be enforced should a patriotic young African-American male decides the mandate is inappropriate?

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 311

A Republican sheriff in Arizona who in April said he would refuse to continue enforcing the state’s coronavirus lockdown order has tested positive for the contagion during a visit to the White House.

Pinal County Sheriff Mark Lamb announced his positive diagnosis on Facebook Wednesday. Lamb said he likely contracted the virus at a campaign event Saturday. He was asymptomatic when screened at the White House on Tuesday, where he said he’d been invited to join President Donald Trump.

Trump on Tuesday announced his executive order on police reform.

Lamb said he would self-quarantine “for the next 14 days minimum.” The Pinal County Public Health Department is tracing everyone who came into contact with him following the campaign event.

“Unfortunately, as a law enforcement official and elected leader, we do not have the luxury of staying home,” he wrote. “This line of work is inherently dangerous, and that is a risk we take when we sign up for the job.”

Check out Lamb’s full Facebook post here:

Lamb in late April railed against Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey’s (R) two-week extension of the statewide stay-at-home order aimed at slowing the spread of COVID-19.

Pinal County deputies would “educate and advise” business owners flouting the restrictions but would not make arrests, Lamb told the Phoenix New Times at the time.

“I’m not trying to change his policy, I’m just disagreeing with it, and I won’t enforce it. I don’t think it’s right,” said Lamb, who described the order as unconstitutional. “I don’t want to make criminals out of people who are just trying to keep their business from going under,” he explained.

Pinal County Sheriff’s Office Pinal County Sheriff Mark Lamb announced his positive diagnosis for the coronavirus on Facebook.
    Arizona’s statewide stay-at-home order was lifted on May 15.

This week the state experienced a record rise in confirmed cases of the virus.

At least 40,000 people in the state have now been sickened by the disease, according to the Arizona Department of Health Services. It has killed more than 1,200 people statewide.

The nationwide death toll is expected to pass 120,000 in the coming days.

President Donald Trump, meanwhile, is reportedly planning to attend a 2020 campaign rally on Tuesday at the Dream City Church in Phoenix.

The president will hold a similar event at the 19,000-capacity BOK Center in Tulsa, Oklahoma, on Saturday. Public health officials have warned against hosting the indoor rally, however, over fears it could supercharge the spread of the virus.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Lots of people are getting corona now be careful

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11941

I'm not sold on masks as a great solution.

But the people who demand they should not be forced to do the right thing for the entire community deserve all the derogatory language thrown at them I think.

Why is there no major arguments about this stuff in any other countries?

Why do the rest of us have to deal with this problem much longer because only in America will people not do the right thing and work together to stop the virus?

Selfish. And any other excuse is simply to hide that selfishness. There is no worthy excuse.
    Opti have you ever lived in the States?

Education is not necessarily our strong suit

carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3661

i went by the corona beer today and pass for coors reg.i did not get it with or without a mask

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

dumb idea. I'll be at home all day
    Exactly

Black Coffee
    Black Coffee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2360

Newsom must have some ownership in a mask company...

Or maybe this..

https://timesofsandiego.com/politics...ar-mask-deals/

Newsom full of sh*t...

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Newsome is too left for me. Hes alright 60 percent of the time though

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern

Newsome is better than Cuomo though

GzaTheGenius
    GzaTheGenius's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15193

Too hot for masks, stores were up tight about it at first. Still mandatory here in ny/nj , grocery stores they yell at you. Gas stations you're usually fine at, I penetrating hate this mask shit. Too fukking hot for this shit.

If you're scared of the virus stay home, open everything up.
    Do it live

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

alot of sbr tough guys
    Last edited by lonegambler23; 06-18-20 at 06:20 PM.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Here's a Machiavellian thought for you.

What if the NWO has calculated that killing off an entire generation early would create economic benefits from costs of aged care, to reducing retirement fund commitments, to releasing assets to the next generation earlier to stimulate economy etc, and are now trying to sell the whole herd immunity idea to the people?

If you told me a year ago that any first world nation would be having serious discussions about doing that I would have not considered it for even a second as possible.
    and what if that same group knew that locking people in their own homes, away from sunlight (vitamin d), away from human contact, weddings, funerals, work, church... would cause irreparable mental and physical damage? and that same group knew that wearing masks cause brain damage and other illnesses, while doing nothing to prevent the spread of a virus? would that change your mind on all this "selfish behavior" from people not wanting to wear masks and breathe back in their own carbon dioxide?

GzaTheGenius

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    and what if that same group knew that locking people in their own homes, away from sunlight (vitamin d), away from human contact, weddings, funerals, work, church... would cause irreparable mental and physical damage? and that same group knew that wearing masks cause brain damage and other illnesses, while doing nothing to prevent the spread of a virus? would that change your mind on all this "selfish behavior" from people not wanting to wear masks and breathe back in their own carbon dioxide?
    Sources??

I think you are wrong here.

Maybe a N95 but basic surgical masks or cloth masks you're fine

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by GzaTheGenius View Post
    Sources??

I think you are wrong here.

Maybe a N95 but basic surgical masks or cloth masks you're fine
    well pretty much any mask is against OSHA regulations... you actually need a source to tell you that covering your nose and mouth while you breathe isn't good for you?

isn't it strange that all the areas with the most restrictions, worst lockdowns, mask requirements, etc keep having MORE cases per capita than the areas with less restrictions?

almost nobody wears a mask in wisconsin and we're happy and healthy... i even shook some hands today! the fukking horror!

GzaTheGenius

well pretty much any mask is against OSHA regulations... you actually need a source to tell you that covering your nose and mouth while you breathe isn't good for you?

isn't it strange that all the areas with the most restrictions, worst lockdowns, mask requirements, etc keep having MORE cases per capita than the areas with less restrictions?

almost nobody wears a mask in wisconsin and we're happy and healthy... i even shook some hands today! the fukking horror!
    I've been shaking hands the whole time, and I think the mask is pointless for the record.

But to me it seems that enough air gets in and out where you won't face any negative consequences from wearing them. Unless you have copd or some other lung issues where it is already harder to breathe.

I live in Ny. People are fukking dicks , scared . But wont hesitate to yell at you or bar you from entering a store without one. Shits weak

Buckandadime
    Act as if
    Buckandadime's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1153

Doctors, nurses and surgeons been wearing masks for years, hours at a time with no repercussions..
    Would have thought if its as bad for a person as you say, another alternative would have been found a long, long time ago..
    Not condoning the wearing of a mask just think it's not harmful as you say..
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: wikkidinsane

First 123 Last