Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Otter the problem is people lose 50x that amount trying to win one
    JJ I'm down $35 betting horses for a week not bad

carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3661

congrats Otter on the win........
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Otters27

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

nice man

never hit a trifecta

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    nice man

never hit a trifecta
    They all 3 blew the field away. It was a box so no sweat on the finish

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

otters, you are really a novice at this and yes you nailed the three dead chalks in order in a six horse field. it would be impossible to explain to you why you should not be making a play like this. it did overpay by about six or seven dollars but didn't see the chart so i don't know if you're 3rd place horse was the 3rd or 4th choice. regardless, anytime you come across a 6 horse field or less and recently they are rare due to lack of tracks operating do not bet them. pass. there is no value and it will chew up betting units. your sbr horse racing moderator is not qualified to be one with that inaccurate statement of someone losing 50x that amount before you hit one. glad to see you are making vertical plays instead of horizontal ones though. (exactas, tri's and supers as opposed to pik3's, 4's, 5's or 6's) daily doubles are a lost art but there is some value in those. if you bet vertically you get to choose the races to bet as opposed to horizontal where the track dictates the races in a sequence. your tendency to play favorites has carried over from sports to this and it is just wrong with horses. you want to win the money that people lose betting favorites as this is a pari-mutuel wagering. you are not betting against the track you are betting against other players. every chalk player has gone broke at the races. most others too. in a 10 race card you can usually throw out half the races as unplayable whether it be for short fields, 2 yr old maidens that have never run or a multitude of laid off horses or shippers in a particular race. the only guy on here other than me with concise horse race betting knowledge is the louisville kid who should be the moderator. however, there is not enough interest here in the game for anyone born after 1985. the takeout is too high and sports betting offers better value but this is more fun. glad to see you joined twinspires and it is impossible not to get paid the next day with no fees if you need to cash out. i know you are only doing this because there is nothing else. betting soccer in belarus is folly. somewhat shocked that they are allowing horse racing tracks to run. start boxing the 3rd, 4th and 5th betting choices in exacta's in 8 horse fields and you will be pleased.
    Points Awarded:

JayTris07 gave unusialsusp5 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MadTiger, and PittsburghPlayer

Otters27

Thanks ususal.

I hit these guys as longer shots

Gulfstream Park$37.30
    Race 10
    $1.00Win/Place/Show
    7-9,12,13

9,12,13 finish

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

unusialSusp5`s write-up was very enlightening, though I`m sure I`ll never bet another horse race again I know it is an art to even be and stay in the game
    meaning one has to be a smart bastard to play the ponies

going to buy a Miller 8-pack tomorrow or the next day thanks to this thread, Otterman

they are not a bad little beer every once in awhile

unusialsusp5

nice, ok. you bet 5 different horses in the same race 1.00 wps. never saw anyone make a play like that but it worked. you lost out on a 380.00 exacta potentially there. what you did is called red boarding. the normal way to red board is to only play a few long shots to win only and different amounts on each of them to end up with the same profit regardless which one wins. i know this is just for fun for you and you seem to be having some.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22592

Beauty, I'm still trying. I had 2,5,4
    Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    Gulfstream Park$73.80

Race 8

$2.00Trifecta

Otters27

Mgd?

Otters27

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    nice, ok. you bet 5 different horses in the same race 1.00 wps. never saw anyone make a play like that but it worked. you lost out on a 380.00 exacta potentially there. what you did is called red boarding. the normal way to red board is to only play a few long shots to win only and different amounts on each of them to end up with the same profit regardless which one wins. i know this is just for fun for you and you seem to be having some.
    Ok. I'm starting to get it.

Thanks
    Last edited by Otters27; 04-23-20 at 05:32 PM.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

keep winning otters

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19456

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Otter the problem is people lose 50x that amount trying to win one
    Congratulations Otters. Good win

JJ, that's bad gamblers etiquette. Congratulate winners when they win. Discussing the angles has a time and place.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 848

otters, you are really a novice at this and yes you nailed the three dead chalks in order in a six horse field. it would be impossible to explain to you why you should not be making a play like this. it did overpay by about six or seven dollars but didn't see the chart so i don't know if you're 3rd place horse was the 3rd or 4th choice. regardless, anytime you come across a 6 horse field or less and recently they are rare due to lack of tracks operating do not bet them. pass. there is no value and it will chew up betting units. your sbr horse racing moderator is not qualified to be one with that inaccurate statement of someone losing 50x that amount before you hit one. glad to see you are making vertical plays instead of horizontal ones though. (exactas, tri's and supers as opposed to pik3's, 4's, 5's or 6's) daily doubles are a lost art but there is some value in those. if you bet vertically you get to choose the races to bet as opposed to horizontal where the track dictates the races in a sequence. your tendency to play favorites has carried over from sports to this and it is just wrong with horses. you want to win the money that people lose betting favorites as this is a pari-mutuel wagering. you are not betting against the track you are betting against other players. every chalk player has gone broke at the races. most others too. in a 10 race card you can usually throw out half the races as unplayable whether it be for short fields, 2 yr old maidens that have never run or a multitude of laid off horses or shippers in a particular race. the only guy on here other than me with concise horse race betting knowledge is the louisville kid who should be the moderator. however, there is not enough interest here in the game for anyone born after 1985. the takeout is too high and sports betting offers better value but this is more fun. glad to see you joined twinspires and it is impossible not to get paid the next day with no fees if you need to cash out. i know you are only doing this because there is nothing else. betting soccer in belarus is folly. somewhat shocked that they are allowing horse racing tracks to run. start boxing the 3rd, 4th and 5th betting choices in exacta's in 8 horse fields and you will be pleased.
    Wow. This is the smartest post I have seen at SBR in quite some time. Nice write-up.

PittsburghPlayer

Mgd?
    Miller High Life, Miller Genuine Draft and Coors Light in 7-ounce pony bottles.
    As for the nickname, “pony beer dates back to the late 19th century.

my sloppy copy and paste post

hanco21
    The Lord of No Rings..AJ Smith Egomaniac
    hanco21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2113

Very nice

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

Gulfstream Park$73.80

Race 8

$2.00Trifecta

nice hit..

Otters27

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    Wow. This is the smartest post I have seen at SBR in quite some time. Nice write-up.
    He's super smart

Jellymancan
    Jellymancan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11998

He's super smart
    Yup. Wish he would post his thoughts more often, really sounds like he knows his stuff and he's right about Lkid being the horse mod. Horse mod on here just mocks stuff all the time. Really good look.

JayTris07
    JayTris07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Gulfstream Park$73.80

Race 8

$2.00Trifecta

Congrats on the hit.

Ignore BALDIE and heed unusialsusp5

unusialsusp5

well thanks. hard to believe horse racing, boxing, baseball and bowling were once the four major sports in this country. now they are near the bottom four. not a pro here so not respected along with many dumb ass posts i have made but like to help.
    Last edited by unusialsusp5; 04-23-20 at 07:12 PM.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Lol I was born in 1985

I gotta say tho, the horse forum has more talent , than it seems.

Lots of guys have good takes

I am trying to build it up

I know the JJ handle to be mod was just mockery

Whatever we don’t get along I guess

But hope you share more brother!

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 848

I didn’t know we had a Horses Moderator.

unusialsusp5

he hasn't been too active or inspiring but is respected. he should delegate duties out. i believe he is residing in pennsylvania which has a 30% takeout chop at their horse tracks in some of their exotic pools which is outright thievery. avoid parx, penn natl, pocono, the meadows, presque isle and harrah's philadelphia (chester) like the plague.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

We don’t

The General
    The General's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Otters, 35 x 52 x lifetime = bad....

Otters27

Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post
    Otters, 35 x 52 x lifetime = bad....
    Yes but it's better than blowing it all 2 hours on poker

PittsburghPlayer

well thanks. hard to believe horse racing, boxing, baseball and bowling were once the four major sports in this country. now they are near the bottom four. not a pro here so not respected along with many dumb ass posts i have made but like to help.
    ever read a post w/out looking to see who wrote it?

I just did and it was this guy, the undisputed Poster of the Month for April for his post # 7 above.

what caught my attention is that he is also humble along w/ being smart, a pleasant combination

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

As a horse racing moderator I can tell you it’s only a fun game and is absolutely the worst sport to even remotely try to make a buck.

The hold percentages are just too

There’s guys that are sharp at sports betting laying 2% and the average horse bet is 15% please stop before I own all of you

People that bet horse racing are flat broke

People thinking you can win are Compulsive Gamblers and delusional

A Common trait of a compulsive gambler is denial and delusion

unusialsusp5

lot of truth to that but there's nothing else to play until fall. you really do not have to risk a lot of money to have some fun with the ponies. ten cent supers have been the rage for ten years now for the down and out. i knew a guy who went to the track with .80 and lasted all day. many go with 10.00 and bet 1.00 a race. no one can go now but minimum deposit in an ADW is 10.00. deposit more and it is a 100% cash bonus with no rollover and instant free payouts. or you can use most offshore accounts but read the rules.

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10850

Good thread
    Congrats Otters

JayTris07
    JayTris07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

he hasn't been too active or inspiring but is respected. he should delegate duties out. i believe he is residing in pennsylvania which has a 30% takeout chop at their horse tracks in some of their exotic pools which is outright thievery. avoid parx, penn natl, pocono, the meadows, presque isle and harrah's philadelphia (chester) like the plague.

RESPECTED?????? Surly you jest.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

You guys need to learn about take-out rates although horse players were never the brightest bulbs Just Compulsive Gamblers in denial

12 Last