kkkkk
    kkkkk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16072

Another closed Betfair account

As we read recently few topics about closed accounts, i always though what could be the reason. Or is it betfair or the customer correct.

So now it happened to me. My Account was closed 1 hour ago while i was betting.

2 Minutes later i got the standard email :

Hello,

We are sorry to inform you that your account with betfair has been closed.

This decision has been made by our Security department on business grounds and in line with our terms and conditions.

For further information please find out Terms and Conditions, here.

Kind Regards,
    Betfair

They send some auto emails last weeks about Creditcards, to what it cant be related to.

I could not find what could be the reason. After i clicked here and there i though i have to send some documents, so i send fast Driver License and Electricity bill.

But i dont believe it is that. I also saw somewhere that i have to contact them by phone if i want to get my account reopened. But there is no phone support, i do believe it doesnt exist for 2 years.

Then i contacted betfair over twitter, as i cant contact the chat - account is closed and i get always logged out.

So i spoke to an Agent there, M.A, of course i dint get much info, only plain answers its says all what have to be said. Then i asked about contacts i can write to to discuss the matter. Got the answer to reply to their message but after i wrote i got it back undeliverable. Try to contact them again on twitter, no success till now. At it sounds for me , A ) there are not allowed to share info and B) they dont have the rights to share details.

So i would kindly ask someone to share contact details and help me to solve the matter. I hope to reopen the account.

About me - the account is opened back between may and december 2007 i think, first bets were either tennis or MLB. I cant remember the exact date, it could also be 2006.

Since then i mainly bet on basket, volleyball, rarely tennis, MLB , all Sports during Olympics , Word Championships and so one. No Soccer! And i have placed bets , i will really guess right now, on 50 000 markets.

Account is at least 13 Years old, i pay Premium Charge since it was annonced in 2008 . I have paid till now 59500 EUR Premium Charge to them.

Over the years betting patterns didnt change much - i trade mostly live. I use information to trade - open and close positions.

Im not related to money laundering or transfers from one account to another account. Neither im involved in syndicate betting.

Current bets are on basket, volleyball, ice hockey, as there are not many markets due to COVID 19.

As stated in one thread , most of this games are fixed, but im not a person to fix games in Russia, Belarus or Taiwan. Thus i got an experience and could guess, what will be the score of the game at the end.

There are also bots on betfair from at least 2 years, who profit from some mistakes i guess from betfair or leaches in their system. I have won some small money from them.

Furthermore there are syndacates that transfer money from one account to another on betfair, but i have 0,00 % correlation to them.

I do mainly trade and profit from that and information i get, so win from peoples mistakes.

I also posted a thread back in 2013 , where i stole from a mistake from betfair bot or VIP Customer 2,300 EUR on a single market. The bet was 100 % from my side. Then Betfair reverted the bet and canceled the score.

However my account was not closed neither then or in the next years, it was closed exact now - saturday morning during live traiding. And yes i got opened bets for a game and few other games laters, that will result in a loss.

That could be a small problem , as the only exact answer i got during the live chat over twitter was , that all my money are confiscated / retained.

Not to forget i paid 20 % Premium Charge over the years and i would have been soon subject to 60 % PC. I have contacted the support back in April 2019 to discuss this and got offer for straight 10 % oder 30 % on Net profit, so i cant understand the situation now

So i would like to kindly ask someone to help me to solve the matter - either with contact details i can contact some related department.

I dont understand their strategy as there is not much to bet right now and its not clear if there will be more soon and they decide to get rid from some fragment of their customers.

Hope to get some help

Cheers

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

escalations@betfair.com is the email to dispute rulings like this.

If they do not explain properly, ask for a deadlock email so you can take the matter to IBAS.

kkkkk

Thanks for the fast reply.

The question about the deadlock email should be send right now or after no positive score at the end ?

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by kkkkk View Post
    Thanks for the fast reply.

The question about the deadlock email should be send right now or after no positive score at the end ?
    If you cannot come to a agreement with them then you ask for it.

I would start by asking for my balance to be paid if they want to close your account.

kkkkk

Just got the next standard email from them :

Hi xxxxx ,

I hope you are well.

From what I can see here, there has been a closure applied to your account. Your account has been closed on Business Grounds unfortunately.

I'm afraid we won't be in a position to provide any further information regarding the closure of your account beyond the fact that this is a business decision.

I apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks,

Mxxxxa,
    Betfair Customer Service Management

Optional

I would reply saying you do not think it is reasonable or fair to confiscate your balance with no explanation and you would like a deadlock email so that you can take the matter to IBAS for review.

The last person on here who did that found that they suddenly could help him instead of giving him that deadlock email.

kkkkk

Thanks a lot Optional. I do remember the case.

Before reading this last post of you, i have answered quick the same first question, still not mentioned the deadlock email.

I got the reply that it will be sent to the relevant department for revision. I have so far no idea what chances i have.

dealer wins
    dealer wins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11819

OMG Betfair again. They are becoming a scam site!!

nerdyguy
    nerdyguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 676

Yep, too many issues with them

kkkkk

I just got following E-Mail from betfair:

Account Security (Betfair)
    Apr 19, 17:04 IST
    Hi ,

Can you please explain your recent activity on Poker?

Kind Regards,

Betfair Account Security

I don't know if its typo or not, but I don't play Poker. If this is really meant so and they found some activity there, that means someone hacked my account. This can be easy proven, at least, I hope so...

I really don't know what to think right now

Optional

I just got following E-Mail from betfair:

Account Security (Betfair)
    Apr 19, 17:04 IST
    Hi ,

Can you please explain your recent activity on Poker?

Kind Regards,

Betfair Account Security

I don't know if its typo or not, but I don't play Poker. If this is really meant so and they found some activity there, that means someone hacked my account. This can be easy proven, at least, I hope so...

I really don't know what to think right now
    Good news.

At least they have stopped trying to send you away with no explanation now.

If you haven't played poker there you don't have to prove anything. Just say that.

ratioxz
    ratioxz's Avatar Become A Pro!

As I see you need to download and install client on your PC in order to play poker at betfair.Also you can secure your betfair account with google 2-Step Verification to avoid getting account hacked.

kkkkk

The last update : i just got the email, that the account is reopened and it was closed due to a mistake. Check it and its all fine, so it ended positive in my case.

Quote Originally Posted by ratioxz View Post
    As I see you need to download and install client on your PC in order to play poker at betfair.Also you can secure your betfair account with google 2-Step Verification to avoid getting account hacked.
    I have stopped playing poker probably in 2011 or 2013 as a i have not time to learn it enough and b i was winning regularly on sports trading.

Yes, there was a client you can play through.

I just tried to check what might have been happen and try to log into poker but it says there is no registered account with my name all.

But i will be careful further in the future and wont keep much money in my betfair account

ZAMAZA
    ZAMAZA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1567

The last update : i just got the email, that the account is reopened and it was closed due to a mistake. Check it and its all fine, so it ended positive in my case.

I'm glad that good news.

Can I ask you two questions?

kkkkk

Sure, i guess you might here or PM ?

Optional

Good to hear, but concerning that there have been 3 recent similar matters, where Betfair tell someone they are confiscating funds, but then decide they were mistaken when pressed for real justification.

nerdyguy

Excellent news that you managed to fix it! Good work Optional for showing the right way !

kkkkk

I meant the same, i will be always careful, as i was since my previos issue in 2015

I dint press them much, only the guys on chat

There is nothing to bet on right now, only fixed tajikistan and russian volley - when you see market behavior, you know it is

I hope that dont give them reason to close my or any other account

kkkkk

Quote Originally Posted by nerdyguy View Post
    Excellent news that you managed to fix it! Good work Optional for showing the right way !
    Yes thats 100 % correct

ZAMAZA

Sure, i guess you might here or PM ?

If it's all right with you, I can ask here.

kkkkk

Just shoot, if I'cant answer , will tell you

ZAMAZA

OK.

What country do you live in now?

* Some countries charge taxes on gambling winnings.

Do you bet on any other books?

* Most bookmakers throw out the winners.

Thanks.

kkkkk

1. Uk

2. No, rarely bet365

nerdyguy

I have recommended my friend who has around 10k stucked for almost 2 years to do the same.
    He emailed them and they forwarded it to relevant department so I will post if it's sucessfull or not
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave nerdyguy 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ZAMAZA

1. Uk

2. No, rarely bet365
    Thank you for responding.

nerdyguy

Update:
    after asking for deadlock e-mail, they said that relevant department will contact my friend. Since then 3 days passed and still no contact from them..maybe they will wait another year

Optional

Update:
    after asking for deadlock e-mail, they said that relevant department will contact my friend. Since then 3 days passed and still no contact from them..maybe they will wait another year
    Give them at a few days and try again. If after 10 business days they have not answered your email, you can complain to the UKGC that Betfair are ignoring your requests to mediate the dispute or supply a deadlock email to allow you to take it to IBAS. (just complain about that, not your actual dispute)

Send that to the address for complaints about the UKGC itself (as their main job for consumers is to make sure books offer proper mediation), notify@gamblingcommission.gov.uk and CC that email to escalations@betfair.com

Don't do that if they are still replying and asking you to wait though. Save it for when you really are 100% stuck and there is no way the book can justify it any longer. As it will work then, but won't work if the book can show they have been communicating.
    Last edited by Optional; 04-25-20 at 05:18 AM.

kkkkk

Contact them via chat ans ask for update

nerdyguy

He can't go on chat when he can't even login in account for 2 years . Money not paid out

nerdyguy

Karl
    (Betfair)

Apr 27, 15:42 IST
    Hi Slavko,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Unfortunately speaking, we have not yet received a reply from the appropriate team regarding this matter as this is still being reviewed.

Rest assured that we will be in touch with you as soon as we receive an update from their end.

Thanks,

Karl Z,
    Betfair Customer Service Management

So they still wait for the relevant department, acc has been locked for 2 years..What do you guys think, should my friend go for IBAS or what cause its obvious that they wont give him deadlock email....

nerdyguy

Short update:
    They said they have contacted relevant department again and waiting response. It's like they are sending inquiries to own department by chariot or horse lol

kkkkk

Short update:
    They said they have contacted relevant department again and waiting response. It's like they are sending inquiries to own department by chariot or horse lol
    Probably they do W@H / Home Office

Contact them via twitter

Optional

Short update:
    It sounds like it's a match fixing related investigation if it is taking so long and they are still saying wait but telling you nothing.

IBAS is supposed to report back on progress for you every 6 months if that is the case here.

nerdyguy

Well it was European league match and they said they are investigating it. Funny thing is that one of guys i know bet opossite and of course they took his money normally...stil its been 2 years and i just want my money back, even without winnings

Optional

Well it was European league match and they said they are investigating it. Funny thing is that one of guys i know bet opossite and of course they took his money normally...stil its been 2 years and i just want my money back, even without winnings
    Over 90% chance you will get your money back in end. Just keep on regularly and politely asking for a proper update or a deadlock email so you can go to IBAS.

They will probably offer you your bet amount back, without the winnings, just to get rid of you if you keep that up and stay nice and professional so they have no excuse to ignore you.

12 Last