will wear helmet snowboarding today thank you Slayer

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

Ya after watching a guy zoom in and out on a small room of old people being looked at by doctors I am convinced. Sign me up for the hysteria. Of course they show old people CDC said 8 out of 10 deaths from this are old people. No shocker there it is the same with basically every other virus.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Ya after watching a guy zoom in and out on a small room of old people being looked at by doctors I am convinced. Sign me up for the hysteria. Of course they show old people CDC said 8 out of 10 deaths from this are old people. No shocker there it is the same with basically every other virus.
    lol

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

Bingo

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

there are very very many reasons why its not like typical viruses or the flu.

but the reasons that are scariest to me as told to me by people I know in research and the health profession as a whole is that, even in some patients that had moderate symptoms and recovered they are seeing reduced lung function of 20-30% even after they are rid of the Virus and negative. the fear is that this Virus is extra strong at attacking lung cellular function, and it is mutating as fast as hell, and by next season or the season after it will have mutated to come back and finish off what it started with the people that got it this year. We don't know that people are building immunity to it, as we have seen subsets of people that A) can't get rid of virus for 40 days and counting now and B) we have people that have seemingly reacquired the virus after recovering and testing negative. In terms of what experts know on this and what they will need to learn they are on page 20 of War and Peace.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: swordsandtequila, GunShard, and PAULYPOKER

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

drink only bottled Beer

canned beer too risky to exposer

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11860

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    drink only bottled Beer
    canned beer too risky to exposer
    Actually, according to the research I've seen, you are better off with 40's in a paper bag

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

why do we hear everyday that 53 people have come up with a vaccine or a way to curb the virus yet nothing happens....shit or get off the pot already so called medical experts!!!!!!

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    Actually, according to the research I've seen, you are better off with 40's in a paper bag

used to drink this in college

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    why do we hear everyday that 53 people have come up with a vaccine or a way to curb the virus yet nothing happens....shit or get off the pot already so called medical experts!!!!!!
    we will get a vaccine quick. I'm sure of it. We've never had a problem that so many of the most intelligent people were focused on with such fervor ever in the history of the universe.

BUT seeing as how this vaccine will be literally given to BILLIONS of people the trialing needs to be rigorous and thorough and we just have to let that process play out and that will take about at least a year.

Imagine a scenario where you develop a vaccine and YAY it works! we tested on a group of people and they are now impervious to getting covid19! let's rush this to a bigger population as fast as we can!

now we are injecting millions of people daily.

1 or 2 months down the road or maybe a year or two later. We have people start showing extreme kidney damage or liver failure or any shit... its not reversible and in a very short period of time they will now die.

We've just taking a pandemic and through the soluation created a situation this is 100x or 1000x or 10000000x worse.

you can't just blindly inject shit into billions of people's bodies and not know what it does to them 6 months later.

that subject in the trials will need to be closely tracked and monitored and you can't speed up that time.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: semibluff

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    we will get a vaccine quick. I'm sure of it. We've never had a problem that so many of the most intelligent people were focused on with such fervor ever in the history of the universe.

BUT seeing as how this vaccine will be literally given to BILLIONS of people the trialing needs to be rigorous and thorough and we just have to let that process play out and that will take about at least a year.

Imagine a scenario where you develop a vaccine and YAY it works! we tested on a group of people and they are now impervious to getting covid19! let's rush this to a bigger population as fast as we can!

1 or 2 months down the road or maybe a year or two later. We have people start showing extreme kidney damage or liver failure or any shit... its not reversible and in a very short period of time they will now die.

We've just taking a pandemic and through the soluation created a situation this is 100x or 1000x or 10000000x worse.

you can't just blindly inject shit into billions of people's bodies and not know what it does to them 6 months later.

that subject in the trials will need to be closely tracked and monitored and you can't speed up that time.
    it was just more of a rant because I cant seem to read anything other than this

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

The bigger problem than all of this is what happens when we get a vaccine?

It will take months and months to deploy to everyone.

health care providers will get it first....but then what?

do a draft? certain serial numbers get called every week and you are told what day to report and to where? you obviously can't have lines and first come first serve, or you'll have people camping out for weeks and giving out and catching the virus while they do so.

some people will have to wait months and months to get their vaccine and people are going to riot.

rolling it out will be hard.

right now we can't even get enough ventilators for a much much much much smaller population needed, and those things exist! we know how to make them!

yet we still are super super slow to even supply those.

how can America hope to give shots to 300 + million when we can't get thousands of ventilators to people that needed them last week

Sam Odom

drug companies will have indemnity

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

The bigger problem than all of this is what happens when we get a vaccine?

It will take months and months to deploy to everyone.

health care providers will get it first....but then what?

do a draft? certain serial numbers get called every week and you are told what day to report and to where? you obviously can't have lines and first come first serve, or you'll have people camping out for weeks and giving out and catching the virus while they do so.

some people will have to wait months and months to get their vaccine and people are going to riot.
    yeah...will it be like getting randomly called to take a piss test while on probation? call you on a monday and you had better be ready that day

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    yeah...will it be like getting randomly called to take a piss test while on probation? call you on a monday and you had better be ready that day

its gonna create so much anxiety and fear while people wait.

imagine the moment when they give the people that get to get vaccinated that day or week ahead. The people that don't get it will get increasingly crazy and angry. Lots of domestic violence and possibly antifa type "warriors" rioting in the streets

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

I don't even buy new gaming consoles until they work the bugs out.

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

Who is that Goddamn scared about this? Seriously? Gonna flip the fukk out bc you can't get vaccinated that day? People need to find shit to do

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

It viscious

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by slayer14 View Post

It viscious

unde0087
    Did we win?

but the reasons that are scariest to me as told to me by people I know in research and the health profession as a whole is that, even in some patients that had moderate symptoms and recovered they are seeing reduced lung function of 20-30% even after they are rid of the Virus and negative. the fear is that this Virus is extra strong at attacking lung cellular function, and it is mutating as fast as hell, and by next season or the season after it will have mutated to come back and finish off what it started with the people that got it this year. We don't know that people are building immunity to it, as we have seen subsets of people that A) can't get rid of virus for 40 days and counting now and B) we have people that have seemingly reacquired the virus after recovering and testing negative. In terms of what experts know on this and what they will need to learn they are on page 20 of War and Peace.
    chi, you are one of my favorites here but you aren't going to convince me. I just spent a week at a hospital for work as we have a guy that is on his death bed. I asked every person working there about this and everyone said the same thing. The numbers don't back the hysteria and it won't ever back it. The predictions are so outlandish by what we are seeing. I am not going to fight you on this. Hell maybe all of a sudden people will drop like flies and then I will finally be running to buy a hazmat suit but I highly doubt it. Good luck on your bets we can't place because everyone freaked out.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22592

The virus mutating is what truly scares me. That is why we haven't controlled the flu yet.

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

If what happening in NYC is a indication of whats to come nationwide we are in trouble. It may be affecting older folks more deadly, but now they are saying 40% of the people in ICU beds are under 40, so thats not promising, its going to overwhelm the health care system. JMO, but there will be no sports in 2020, short of a miracle, jmo

later

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by capitalist pig View Post
    If what happening in NYC is a indication of whats to come nationwide we are in trouble. It may be affecting older folks more deadly, but now they are saying 40% of the people in ICU beds are under 40, so thats not promising, its going to overwhelm the health care system. JMO, but there will be no sports in 2020, short of a miracle, jmo

later
    who is saying this? you? Like most just saying shit that someone said and repeating the bullshit? Is any reputable place actually reporting this? If they are I haven't seen it. I guess the CDC must have missed this as well.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

calm down all
    Points Awarded:

Big Bear gave jjgold 25 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

I’m not getting vacinated hell nah

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

You don't know what long term results are on lung function. 20% 30% less lung function now. Okay, what about in 5 months? Who's to say you won't be 100%?

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    I’m not getting vacinated hell nah
    bear that attempt to improve your social networking skills have taken. this post and the kenny rogers one was brilliant. keep up the good work.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    You don't know what long term results are on lung function. 20% 30% less lung function now. Okay, what about in 5 months? Who's to say you won't be 100%?
    Nobody knows, that's what's scary.

Anyone have a good resource for how one can prepare their body? Is it just exercise, eat right, sleep and remain as calm as possible?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Nobody knows, that's what's scary.

Anyone have a good resource for how one can prepare their body? Is it just exercise, eat right, sleep and remain as calm as possible?
    Exercise, drink lots of alcohol, smoke lots of pot, Hot tubs, Have sex, drink protein shakes, and get exposure to sunlight if you can.

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

I have lost 30% lung function due to having had 3 lung surgeries since 2016, it only affects my breathing in extreme physical conditions. Stage 4 metastatic kidney cancer, I was given a 15% chance to live 5 years in 2011 and Im now going on 10 years, and will find out this Monday when I have my cancer scans to see if Im still cancer free. Hang in there people we can get through this,jmo

later

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

because your own body's immune response coupled with the damage that the virus does on a cellular level in your lungs has been creating a known condition called Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome. This is something that we already know about and we know the outcomes. A number of different things can cause it, like inhaling dangerous toxic chemicals, an accident that causes extreme injury to your thorax and lungs, overdosing on certain classes of drugs, having bad pnemonia for awhile ect.

so we are now seeing Corona patients develop ARDS.- the diminished lung capacity that I mentioned

So with the body almost no damage is permanent on cellular levels. Our Bodies are amazing self correcting and healing machines if you take away the cause of damage and give it time and what it needs to repair. (unless its done to cardiac or brain/nervous tissue and some other exceptions) So you are right, they could get better just not in 5 months. its more like 10-15 years with Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome.

the problem is that the population that gets this generally will not have 10-15 years to build back to they are just going to be facing seasons an seasons of respiratory illness with a diminished lung capacity.

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

53 more dead in the UK and another 800 in Italy

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

They need to open gyms back up this is whoreshit

12 Last