jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Its not a death sentence for most people

Its mild actually

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21641

To be a good capper, you have to be good at math.
    Anyone good at math know you are full of sheeyit and this is not just the flu.
    Therefore, I now know you, and anyone who agrees with you, sucks at capping.

Logic.
    Points Awarded:

Don_Omarion gave d2bets 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe gave d2bets 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: spippen

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 384

For some politicians, this is the perfect opportunity to do a trial run on how to control the population through fear and unneeded anxiety. If they can do 2-3 more of these within the next decade, they will have trained an entire generation to think this is the norm, and will have less resistance. Killing the older people in the process is a side benefit.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: CWD, and Fidel_CashFlow

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

It's not a death sentence for sure.

it would be a very risky respiratory illness for a lot of the middle aged posters here that have high blood pressure, obsesity, high cholesterol, former or current smokers, ect

the bigger risk to many here is short term and possible long term economic issues, access to prescription drugs and medical treatments that they already need 4 weeks from now, when the supply chain is crippled for the raw products that their drugs are made from. So many might be going without their important medications in a couple months, many needed procedures, surgeries, tests ect will get post poned.

I'm most worried about what does it look like in a couple months for people with Cancer. What does it look like for people that have cancer but don't know it yet. Will there be a longer lag before people get seen, tested/biopsied, get results back from labs for if their growths are malignant ect. In some cases the differences in life or death in getting treatment could be the few months they lose here.
    Respirator shortages will be gut wrenching for those with respiratory illness.

the shock waves of this crisis, even if it resolves very quickly, could go on for a long time for people that are not super super healthy.

everyday life is gonna just get suckier and suckier for many of us. hopefully the panic and hysteria remain in small pockets.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    It's not a death sentence for sure.

it would be a very risky respiratory illness for a lot of the middle aged posters here that have high blood pressure, obsesity, high cholesterol, former or current smokers, ect

the bigger risk to many here is short term and possible long term economic issues, access to prescription drugs and medical treatments that they already need 4 weeks from now, when the supply chain is crippled for the raw products that their drugs are made from. So many might be going without their important medications in a couple months, many needed procedures, surgeries, tests ect will get post poned.

I'm most worried about what does it look like in a couple months for people with Cancer. What does it look like for people that have cancer but don't know it yet. Will there be a longer lag before people get seen, tested/biopsied, get results back from labs for if their growths are malignant ect. In some cases the differences in life or death in getting treatment could be the few months they lose here.
    Respirator shortages will be gut wrenching for those with respiratory illness.

the shock waves of this crisis, even if it resolves very quickly, could go on for a long time for people that are not super super healthy.

everyday life is gonna just get suckier and suckier for many of us. hopefully the panic and hysteria remain in small pockets.
    Good post.

But we have the power to minimize the damage right now. But every day that goes by where people don't heed the advice, it will get exponentially worse.

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19249

If data were to say that 3% of the people that drive on the freeway will die in the next 2 weeks. Would you still drive on the freeway.

Or would you stay home and not go anywhere???

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

A death sentence is coming here and seeing your retarded bull shit nonstop

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9183

Mid 50s, over weight, smoke, drink beer daily, mild heart condition, mild COPD, unfit and assume BP in higher than avg range.

What do you reckon? +2000 it might hit me bad? +1500? (5% to 7.5% chance for the non cappers)

I agree a lot of the over 50 guys like me need to be thinking about stopping smoking or getting a little more healthy and avoid exposure as long as possible so they can get some benefit. When people start from a very low base like me, I think we may be able to make major improvement in a short time if we try.

The other thought I am having is being in a higher risk group it may actually be best to get it early whilst acute care beds and machines are available.

I do expect almost all of us will be exposed eventually so no use putting head in sand about it.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    For some politicians, this is the perfect opportunity to do a trial run on how to control the population through fear and unneeded anxiety. If they can do 2-3 more of these within the next decade, they will have trained an entire generation to think this is the norm, and will have less resistance. Killing the older people in the process is a side benefit.
    wow

that is pretty deep stuff man

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    To be a good capper, you have to be good at math.
    Anyone good at math know you are full of sheeyit and this is not just the flu.
    Therefore, I now know you, and anyone who agrees with you, sucks at capping.

Logic.
    Wrong. Look at the stats.

Doesn't even affect children
    Points Awarded:

Big Bear gave thechaoz 12 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Optional

I have to go into isolation tomorrow myself.

My son arrives back from Vietnam and a new law came in today saying he and household must be isolated for 14 days.

Law started 16 mins ago.

He lands in about 10 hours. :\

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post

It does not look like it affects young children, but we have 3 schools closed down near after kids came down with symptoms and tested positive.

One expert I listened to said he thinks kids are looking like the main carriers and spreaders. And suggested schools should not be shut down as the faster all the kids get it and build up immunity the faster the under control phase will come.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Optional, even with your situation, you have higher risks. but understand that you are not a number or statistic and that your commorbities might put you in a higher risk bracket, but its still not a death sentence if you were to get this.

I read a report that China actually recently had an over 100 year old person recover from this.

I would see if you can get your prescriptions filled if you have any. And if you can get a month ahead without paying out of pocket do that as well.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post

Children do get infected, and probably are getting infected and are asymptomatic and spreading to others. Correct, the children are not going to die, but they are going to spread it to others that will.

You understand this, right?

jjgold

I media controls most people

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Children do get infected, and probably are getting infected and are asymptomatic and spreading to others. Correct, the children are not going to die, but they are going to spread it to others that will.

This is correct. They are the carriers of the disease.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I media controls most people
    like puppets

they eat this shit up

they could care less about our well being

juicername
    Thomorino - Fade and Get Paid
    juicername's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3972

For 80% it's just like a normal flu while 15% might need to be hospitalized, but still non-critical. For 5% it's critical/deadly, which is way worse than the flu, no?

juicername

Good post.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by juicername View Post
    For 80% it's just like a normal flu while 15% might need to be hospitalized, but still non-critical. For 5% it's critical/deadly, which is way worse than the flu, no?
    keep in mind that numbers that we have, especially the 2-5% critical or deadly that we see in various countries have the denominator of only the people that have tested posted for coronavirus.

there are huge amounts of people that don't ever get tested and aren't part of those numbers so to get the often quoted 3% death rate it looks like this

3/100 but the real numbers might be 3/500 or 3/1000

for example our some are quoting the estimate that some officials have said Ohio might have 100,000 infected right now.... it doesn't mean that 3,000 of them are going to die.

juicername

keep in mind that numbers that we have, especially the 2-5% critical or deadly that we see in various countries have the denominator of only the people that have tested posted for coronavirus.

there are huge amounts of people that don't ever get tested and aren't part of those numbers so to get the often quoted 3% death rate it looks like this

3/100 but the real numbers might be 3/500 or 3/1000

for example our some are quoting the estimate that some officials have said Ohio might have 100,000 infected right now.... it doesn't mean that 3,000 of them are going to die.
    Yeah you're probably right that the risk of dying is way lower than 3-5% which is commonly thrown around, due to the less severe cases going completely under the radar.

Edit: but it probably also mean that there are way more people out there spreading the virus than we think.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

but also keep in mind that the 3% rate also assumes access to a hospital bed, ventilator, possible intubation and respirators, ect. at some point that won't be available to all.

if the curve doesn't get flattened sufficiently. The % might be much higher until bare minimum care is again available.

I wouldn't want to be 80 with health issues and have this in a hospital parking lot tent with over run docs and nurses or at home
    Points Awarded:

juicername gave Chi_archie 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: d2bets

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

ultimately I'm worried for more dying from surrounding panic issues, non access to health care for NON-Corona illness, poor health care due to many docs and staff coming down with corona or just burning out. Medications running out.

imagine how many people a day have a critical care event that requires an ambulance, like a heart attack. Imagine all the people that are just finding out about the stage 4 cancer they have.

I'm very worried about those populations in the coming months

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    like puppets

they eat this shit up

they could care less about our well being
    some still care

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Uninformed fake news is spreading like a virus on Facebook.

I'm so annoyed by people who I thought were not complete idiots.

Fukkk

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Archie hold me

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22592

You've got a good understanding of this. The worst is yet to come and it ain't pretty.

ultimately I'm worried for more dying from surrounding panic issues, non access to health care for NON-Corona illness, poor health care due to many docs and staff coming down with corona or just burning out. Medications running out.

imagine how many people a day have a critical care event that requires an ambulance, like a heart attack. Imagine all the people that are just finding out about the stage 4 cancer they have.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Huntertz View Post
    You've got a good understanding of this. The worst is yet to come and it ain't pretty.
    stop

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Isn’t just the flu?

you guys are causing undue anxiety

can we get back to talking sports?

Don’t forget we can analyze the NFL draft and MLB
    Why don't you do a live experiment? Go catch it and tell us how you feel since it is nothing.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Excellent post which emphasizes why we have to contain this virus immediately. People may or may not die from this BUT this can multiply people dying from other things because we are so stressed from this. Think of all the people that go to the emergency room each day. The service they get will get less and less.

Here in Houston, we saw a huge spike of people getting and dying from infections after Katrina. Certain blood diseases were mutating into diseases modern antibiotics could cure. We will see the same thing with this. There will be mutations. Eventually young people will die from this, I’m certain.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

It’s too late....we just have to assume that everyone has it or is going to get it at one point

nuking Wuhan when the news first broke would have been the only option to minimize it

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

The truth is nobody knows how bad it's going to be. Why cant people just stay positive. All these people talking how everyone's going to get it were all going to die. Is that what you want to happen? Dam.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    The truth is nobody knows how bad it's going to be. Why cant people just stay positive. All these people talking how everyone's going to get it were all going to die. Is that what you want to happen? Dam.
    Correct. Be positive and stay home.

jjgold

Americans are very fearful people

12 Last