CMNoney
    CMNoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6389

When is winning going to effect Aaron Rodgers legacy?

He's 1-3 in NFC Championship games and has only played in 1 SB (which granted he did win).

You all crowned this guy way too early. He's getting up there in age now and this is all that is on his resume.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

team game pal......not his fault the defense gave up a first down on literally every run play.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7588

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    team game pal......not his fault the defense gave up a first down on literally every run play.
    Bro stop

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25388

I think Rodgers is honestly over football. I really do.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11824

Your way off here man. In the words of Giselle, he can't throw the ball and catch it too.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Bro stop
    nah, I'm just calling it how it is... guy is an all time great. definitely not the reason they have lost any playoff game.. Been saying all week Niners were gonna smoke these dudes. better TEAM.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Farve wasn't great in the playoffs and only won one Superbowl. Hell, he even sent pics of his schlong to Jenn Sterger, and it didn't hurt his legacy.

CMNoney
    CMNoney's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Farve wasn't great in the playoffs and only one Superbowl. Hell, he even sent out pics of his schlong to Jenn Sterger, it didn't hurt his legacy.
    Favre during his prime won 3 straight MVP's and got to consecutive SB's. He faltered later on except for 2009. His peak was def better than Rodgers no matter what anyone says.
    Points Awarded:

dmncnlou gave CMNoney 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

I would take Rodgers over p.manning and Manning is or will be HOFer

CMNoney
    CMNoney's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by MiDNiTe View Post
    I would take Rodgers over p.manning and Manning is or will be HOFer
    Rodgers was trash this year. Go look at his numbers. The only elite thing he did was not turn the ball over.

This guy gets the biggest pass for not winning that I have ever seen any player get.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by CMNoney View Post
    Favre during his prime won 3 straight MVP's and got to consecutive SB's. He faltered later on except for 2009. His peak was def better than Rodgers no matter what anyone says.
    get your eyes checked.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Aaron Rodgers is looking like just another good quarterback. Nothing special, just looks better losing than everyone else. He completed nearly 80% of his passes and the game was never close. He is not quite a fraud, but he sure is looking like whodini who drowned versus whodini who got out of cuffs and out of the water.

MiDNiTe

Rodgers was trash this year. Go look at his numbers. The only elite thing he did was not turn the ball over.

This guy gets the biggest pass for not winning that I have ever seen any player get.
    I think Peyton is a bigger choker, nearly every big match Peyton was shit

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24875

You guys are dumb. The Packers were over a touchdown underdog for a reason; these teams aren't even close.

Jimmy Garoppolo threw for 77 yards and 0 touchdowns and his team won by 17 points. Catch my drift?

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32174

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Farve wasn't great in the playoffs and only won one Superbowl. Hell, he even sent pics of his schlong to Jenn Sterger, and it didn't hurt his legacy.

To be fair, who wouldn't send her dick picks if they had their number?

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29910

Assuming you think that Tom Brady is the GOAT, maybe you'll recall the article from a year or 2 ago when Brady pretty much straight up said Rodgers was better than him and that he's just had better teams? You can call it false humility but a) that doesn't seem too Brady-like, and b) there's really no reason for him to say something so extreme if he doesn't believe it:

In a conversation with an NFL coach within the past few seasons, Brady said that if Rodgers had the Patriots' offensive system and exhaustive knowledge of opposing defenses, "He'd throw for 7,000 yards every year. He's so much more talented than me."

It's just the nature of a team game. And not even one like basketball where a superstar obviously plays both sides and can have way more control in general. All QBs can do is throw the ball or run when there's an opening. Brady won a goddamn super bowl with an offense that scored 13 points while playing like garbage for the most part. The defense won the game for them, but he gets the credit. Rodgers hasn't had that luxury.

You just have to be rational about it, use your eyes, use your brain

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

I think Peyton is a bigger choker, nearly every big match Peyton was shit
    4 SB 2 with 2 different teams with a different HC every time

3-1 vs brady teams in AFCCGs

he's so good he dragged some indy teams into the playoffs with defenses/special teams play that were so average that the team had no chance vs great steeler/patriot/charger prime teams... seriously, the 2 yrs in a row they lost to charger teams first yr was yr following SB win and they didn't have Freeney (same as having an injured Freeney vs Saints) and Harrison ruined that games momentum with a very bad fumble and his RB was a complete nobody ... then next yr they had to go on road because chargers won their shitty division and the game went to 08 (this a colt team that started 1-3 or something with manning playing at 50% then ended season 12-4 winning bunch of close games then had to go to OT vs Chargers and Chargers got the ball first and this is when u only needed a FG to win and they won after they converted 3 3rd downs in OT with referee flags... complete joke pal

rodgers and brees combined like 2-6 in conference championship games... missed playoffs numerous times when they didn't have better defenses... while peyton dragged his average teams at least to the playoffs

not even a contest

peyton > brees and rodgers

he even bested big ben and brady teams to get to super bowl 50

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16085

People continue to give Rodgers excuses...sad

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Favre was an INT machine in his prime.... Guy was a true gunslinger. Rodgers is better than Favre.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by blankoblanco View Post
    Assuming you think that Tom Brady is the GOAT, maybe you'll recall the article from a year or 2 ago when Brady pretty much straight up said Rodgers was better than him and that he's just had better teams? You can call it false humility but a) that doesn't seem too Brady-like, and b) there's really no reason for him to say something so extreme if he doesn't believe it:

In a conversation with an NFL coach within the past few seasons, Brady said that if Rodgers had the Patriots' offensive system and exhaustive knowledge of opposing defenses, "He'd throw for 7,000 yards every year. He's so much more talented than me."

It's just the nature of a team game. And not even one like basketball where a superstar obviously plays both sides and can have way more control in general. All QBs can do is throw the ball or run when there's an opening. Brady won a goddamn super bowl with an offense that scored 13 points while playing like garbage for the most part. The defense won the game for them, but he gets the credit. Rodgers hasn't had that luxury.

You just have to be rational about it, use your eyes, use your brain
    "So much more talented" does not mean better...

A QB's ability comes down to leadership in the end.

Brady is the greatest leader we've ever seen.

Rodgers is one of the most arrogant players ever to lace them up. Teammates don't play for Rodgers the way they fight for Brady...

This is part of one's true talent, true measure of legacy, if you ask me.

blankoblanco

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    4 SB 2 with 2 different teams with a different HC every time

3-1 vs brady teams in AFCCGs

he's so good he dragged some indy teams into the playoffs with defenses/special teams play that were so average that the team had no chance vs great steeler/patriot/charger prime teams... seriously, the 2 yrs in a row they lost to charger teams first yr was yr following SB win and they didn't have Freeney (same as having an injured Freeney vs Saints) and Harrison ruined that games momentum with a very bad fumble and his RB was a complete nobody ... then next yr they had to go on road because chargers won their shitty division and the game went to 08 (this a colt team that started 1-3 or something with manning playing at 50% then ended season 12-4 winning bunch of close games then had to go to OT vs Chargers and Chargers got the ball first and this is when u only needed a FG to win and they won after they converted 3 3rd downs in OT with referee flags... complete joke pal

rodgers and brees combined like 2-6 in conference championship games... missed playoffs numerous times when they didn't have better defenses... while peyton dragged his average teams at least to the playoffs

not even a contest

peyton > brees and rodgers

he even bested big ben and brady teams to get to super bowl 50
    Hard agree with this as well. The notion that Peyton was a choker is so dumb. Guy was an incredible QB who almost always elevated/carried his team to a level beyond where they should've been. Not to say he never had bad games when it mattered but his teams let him down many times

Goat Milk

I think Rodgers is right there with Dan Marino. I would say for sure a top 7 or 8 qb of all time. He's definitely better than Big Ben. Probably better than Steve Young. Better than Brees. He might even be top 5.

Goat Milk

Hard agree with this as well. The notion that Peyton was a choker is so dumb. Guy was an incredible QB who almost always elevated/carried his team to a level beyond where they should've been. Not to say he never had bad games when it mattered but his teams let him down many times
    Manning is a top 3 or 4 qb of all time but he always had this smug look on his face, or often times an annoyed look when his wrs dropped a pass. He never would call them out publically but those facial expressions are easy to read if you're a player on the sidelines. That's a poor leadership quality and I believe that's where Brady also separated himself from Manning.

blankoblanco

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    "So much more talented" does not mean better...

A QB's ability comes down to leadership in the end.

Brady is the greatest leader we've ever seen.

Rodgers is one of the most arrogant players ever to lace them up. Teammates don't play for Rodgers the way they fight for Brady...

This is part of one's true talent, true measure of legacy, if you ask me.
    I'm not even saying Rodgers is better than Brady because I don't think he is. I'm just saying he's up there in skill level, and Brady himself thinks so, and the team and system you have around you matters so much that an individual legacy in NFL has to be about more than titles

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

all u have to do is look at his last game as a Colt... dragged a 6-6 team to the playoffs at 10-6 to win division but had lots of offensive talent injured and backups playing

faced the Jets at home and late in game dragged random guys on offense to a field goal attempt to take lead with less than a min left and Vinny hit it... then the special teams proceeded to allow a bad kickoff to get returned to midfield and then the jets ended up getting into easy FG position after the dumb Colts prop head coach Caldwell inexplicably called a timeout that gave the jets time to come up with something good

remember peyton and broncos up 7 vs Ravens in 2012 with little time left? all good right... no... end up with one of the worst goofs in NFL history allowing a Flacco bomb deep to be completed. that game going into OT was a joke.

time and time again...

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Manning is a top 3 or 4 qb of all time but he always had this smug look on his face, or often times an annoyed look when his wrs dropped a pass. He never would call them out publically but those facial expressions are easy to read if you're a player on the sidelines. That's a poor leadership quality and I believe that's where Brady also separated himself from Manning.
    also having better special teams and defenses and bill belichick didn't hurt... tuck rule, being hurt vs steelers in 01 afccg but his team still winning... seattle passing on the 1, atl collapse... dee ford off sides

luck and inexplicable outcomes his entire career... facing injured chargers team in afccg in 07 and playing like a turd but moving on...

playing pretty average vs balty in 2011 afccg but moving on after the late drop from WR then the shanked 30 yard FG to tie...

on and on and on and on...

MiDNiTe

Still rather have Rodgers than Peyton, what is Peyton best stats in his 4 Superbowl appearances?

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Still rather have Rodgers than Peyton, what is Peyton best stats in his 4 Superbowl appearances?
    what was brady's stats vs foles eagles and his stats in 01 vs rams and his stats vs rams last year?

which games did he win and lose of those 3? stats lol

CMNoney
    CMNoney's Avatar SBR PRO

A lot of excuses being made for Rodgers.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    what was brady's stats vs foles eagles and his stats in 01 vs rams and his stats vs rams last year?

which games did he win and lose of those 3? stats lol
    Brady set the superbowl record for passing yards lol

Brady's never gotten blown out in a superbowl, every SB has been 1 score that he's lost. 2 against the giants and 1 against the eagles he had a hail mary at the end to try and win all of them.

blankoblanco

Brady's never gotten blown out in a superbowl
    Getting back to the team thing though: Brady won a super bowl playing like crap with an offense that put up 13 points. If he has a weaker defense, they get blown out. Many great QBs are forced to play with those weaker defenses

Ifs and buts, etc, I get that. It's just the reason I don't like that argument

MiDNiTe

Manning combined Superbowl appearances 3td 5picks I understand if people love Manning that's their opinion, guy was shit nearly every big game I watched
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave MiDNiTe 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Brady set the superbowl record for passing yards lol

Brady's never gotten blown out in a superbowl, every SB has been 1 score that he's lost. 2 against the giants and 1 against the eagles he had a hail mary at the end to try and win all of them.
    ??? a loss is a loss rookie

peyton never lost a SB as a 2 td favorite

if u want to play games
    brady never started a SB with his center sending the snap into the end zone to gift wrap points and the ball to the opponent ... and the 2013 hawks were the ultimate version of the legion of boom hawks... ton more depth that year vs 2014 and stars weren't playing the super bowl with injuries... and they didn't lose their nickel corner to freak injury after he got a pick like what happened to hawks vs brady after he threw dumbass pick in the end zone to Lane. he abused Lane's backup later in the game once he figured out to do that

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Manning combined Superbowl appearances 3td 5picks I understand if people love Manning that's their opinion, guy was shit nearly every big game I watched
    and what was his stats in 5 afc title games? or are those not big time games... so the games today weren't big time?

mahome's stats won't count in 7 years when we look back and say "he got to play Tannehill" so that doesn't count... boy did it count earlier today when people had their money loaded up on titans spread/ML

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10202

Rogers is a good QB who's been running for his life
    for most of his career.

12 Last