captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10699

Problem With Book

Ok so i have this problem with a book. A decently rated book and i do not want to name them as this just happened today. I want to get some imput and go from there maybe they will do the right thing idk.

I deposited for a nice promo at this book. A higher amount then normal closer around $480 or so. I normally use my debit card but they give me a problem so i use Bitcoin with them.

I use that coinbase thing. I am not great at it i have used it a few times . When i went to get it from my bank i noticed CB looked different . So i did not want to make a mistake and called the book up. My rep answered .

I am 99.999 percent i said to him (Because i was looking at i when i did it ) do i send this to the Bitcoin cash? He said yes you got it . He did seem busy though .

So i put the money and sent it there to their link or whatever that is. I called and another guy answered and i told him it was done i sent it to Bitcoin Cash and he said "Whoa -hold on " . I find out that i had actually sent it to the wrong place and i can lose my close to $500 .

He gives me a # to call hoping i can cancel it. They will not my money the entire $480 is gone. I am pissed because i called them and the 1st guy told me yes when i asked him. I called THEM so this would not happen.

So i call back and he says they can do a FP for me. Basically i am out my money. I said yea but it was YOUR guy who told me to do this. He started basically saying they mentioned this to me in the past like i guess it was supposed to be my fault idk.

I said it does not matter i called you asking what to do and i was told to send it there. Listen to the recording you will hear that i said that and he said yes. He said we did listen to it. I said Oh then you heard me say that then. He said no you said nothing about cash. So i pressed a bit and he finally admitted he did not hear it management listened to it . So i said Ok -if i said that i will take full responsibility. If i just said Bitcoin and not Bitcoin cash. I want to hear the recording . Send it in an e-mail or something.

Still nothing. I understand he was just busy and did not listen probably. But that cost me. If i as an agent make a mistake which i do once in awhile and cost my client money - i will pay them what i cost them . It has not happened often but i have reimbursed my clients a couple times $300-$400 .

I hope you guys understand my ramblings sorry if this in confusing. I just do not know what to do.

captrobey

So as soon as i finished this i got a recording . It was NOT the e-mail that he said it but an earlier one that i was asking about bonuses . I even say at the end i have to move the money over from my bank i have not done that yet i had not gone onto Coinbase yet to do it . It was then i noticed the site looked different and called them to make sure i did it right. Where the penetrate is that e-mail huh .

PD77
    Bitches!
    PD77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2326

I’m not an expert but I thought you could recover your funds if you accidentally sent BCH to a BTC address. No idea how and if you have to work with Coinbase you’re probably screwed anyway. Were you sending directly from CB to the sports book?

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by PD77 View Post
    I’m not an expert but I thought you could recover your funds if you accidentally sent BCH to a BTC address. No idea how and if you have to work with Coinbase you’re probably screwed anyway. Were you sending directly from CB to the sports book?
    I sent it from my bank to the bitcoin cash and it should have been just bitcoin. I was not sure so i called and asked. They said i cannot get my cash back i sent an e-mail to Coinbase and they said it was gone. IDK where the hell it went someone has my money i used the address the book gave me .

PD77
    Bitches!
    PD77's Avatar SBR PRO

Check out this post on reddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/CoinBase/co...to_btc_wallet/

the processor at the book may be able to recover it for you.

years ago I accidentally had a $5k BTC withdrawal sent to another books old BTC deposit address. It was a huge pain in the ass but they eventually found my $5k. I was sweating bullets. This was before QR code’s were common.
    Last edited by PD77; 11-08-19 at 06:38 PM.

captrobey

Check out this post on reddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/CoinBase/co...to_btc_wallet/

the processor at the book may be able to recover it for you.
    Yea but the book was saying since it was bitcoin cash and not just bitcoin if coinbase would not return it i was screwed. My issue is a asked the book what to do and he told me to do it. I am still waiting for the recording.

PD77
    Bitches!
    PD77's Avatar SBR PRO

This is how I read it, you bought BCH from CB and sent it to a BTC address provided by a book, thinking it was a BCH address. If that’s the case the processor should be able to find the BCH. If it’s an invalid address then it should be returned in 30 days but I’m guessing the transaction is confirmed.

captrobey

Here is the reply from Coinbase saying i am screwed

Hi Robert,

Thanks for contacting Coinbase Support. I appreciate your patience and would be happy to help.

Please note that cryptocurrency transactions are irreversible and these funds cannot be canceled, reversed, or recovered by Coinbase. Because your transaction was sent on the blockchain, Coinbase cannot recover your funds as this is an external process.

In the future, please exercise caution when sending cryptocurrency to an external address. Coinbase also recommends a small test send prior to sending a significant amount of digital currency to an external address.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if there's anything else that I can assist you with.

All the best,
    Coinbase Support

PD77
    Bitches!
    PD77's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by captrobey View Post
    Here is the reply from Coinbase saying i am screwed

Hi Robert,

Thanks for contacting Coinbase Support. I appreciate your patience and would be happy to help.

Please note that cryptocurrency transactions are irreversible and these funds cannot be canceled, reversed, or recovered by Coinbase. Because your transaction was sent on the blockchain, Coinbase cannot recover your funds as this is an external process.

In the future, please exercise caution when sending cryptocurrency to an external address. Coinbase also recommends a small test send prior to sending a significant amount of digital currency to an external address.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if there's anything else that I can assist you with.

All the best,
    Coinbase Support
    Tell them it didn’t help, I can’t believe they’re replied that fast. I’ve waited days if not weeks. CB can’t help you but the book’s crypto processor should be able to. Does the book normally accept bitcoin cash? Or are they BTC only.

captrobey

This is how I read it, you bought BCH from CB and sent it to a BTC address provided by a book, thinking it was a BCH address. If that’s the case the processor should be able to find the BCH. If it’s an invalid address then it should be returned in 30 days but I’m guessing the transaction is confirmed.
    Yea that would be great if it got returned in 30 days. What bothers me is i called thee book to ask and if i said it wrong i will take responsibility but i am positive i asked them like that and he said yes. Now they send me the recording that had nothing to do with when i went onto coinbase. So they are either avoiding the truth or just are not looking in the right place idk. But it would be the recording after the one they sent me. Now i wonder if they will find a way to alter it. Or am i just being paranoid.

captrobey

Tell them it didn’t help, I can’t believe they’re replied that fast. I’ve waited days if not weeks. CB can’t help you but the book’s crypto processor should be able to. Does the book normally accept bitcoin cash? Or are they BTC only.
    I guess BC only because i sent BCCash

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9183

You're a total hot mess Cappy. I've told you before not to send direct from coinbase to a bookmaker but i see you still do that anyway! Not surprised at all that you would send to a wrong currency wallet. And try to blame someone else.

You're raving on with paragraphs of obfuscation here.

All you need to say in this thread is that You stuffed up. You sent Bitcoin to a BitcoinCash address. Can anyone help advise what to do? And tell us the book name.

There is no point calling Coinbase asking them to reverse anything.

But it is possible for the receiver to recover your funds. If they go to a bunch of trouble for you.

What is the book?

I may be able to help or advise what to do.

Optional

Have you sent BitcoinCash to a Bitcoin wallet address? Or have you sent Bitcoin to a BitcoinCash wallet address?

Did you buy Bitcoin or BitcoinCash at Coinbase?

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    You're a total hot mess Cappy. I've told you before not to send direct from coinbase to a bookmaker but i see you still do that anyway! Not surprised at all that you would send to a wrong currency wallet. And try to blame someone else.

All you need to say in this thread is that You stuffed up. You sent Bitcoin to a BitcoinCash address. Can anyone help advise what to do? And tell us the book name.

But it is possible for the receiver to recover your funds. If they go to a bunch of trouble for you.

What is the book?

Have you sent BitcoinCash to a Bitcoin wallet address? Or have you sent Bitcoin to a BitcoinCash wallet address?

I disagree that i messed up. I called them because i was not sure what i was looking at. I asked him if i should send this to bitcoin cash and he said "You got it ". The reason i sent it there is because he said to. Now, they have not sent me the right recording only the recording before the one of him telling me that was where to send it. They will not take my debit card so i am forced to do this. They are trying to make it seem like i never said " Should i send this to Bitcoin Cash - and him answering "You got it" by sending the recording from earlier that was before it happened.

I asked the girl that sent the recording in another e-mail , to tell me when that recording was because i can look on my phone and tell them when the next call i made was after that which was the right recording. Of course you guessed it i have heard nothing since.

If i have a client i give bad information to i take responsibility if i cost that client money. All i want is to hear the recording . The right recording. If he never told me to send it there i will take full responsibility.

I will send you the info of who it is in chat i guess. I want to give them some time to do the right thing.

Optional

I disagree that i messed up. I called them because i was not sure what i was looking at. I asked him if i should send this to bitcoin cash and he said "You got it ". The reason i sent it there is because he said to. Now, they have not sent me the right recording only the recording before the one of him telling me that was where to send it. They will not take my debit card so i am forced to do this. They are trying to make it seem like i never said " Should i send this to Bitcoin Cash - and him answering "You got it" by sending the recording from earlier that was before it happened.

I asked the girl that sent the recording in another e-mail , to tell me when that recording was because i can look on my phone and tell them when the next call i made was after that which was the right recording. Of course you guessed it i have heard nothing since.

If i have a client i give bad information to i take responsibility if i cost that client money. All i want is to hear the recording . The right recording. If he never told me to send it there i will take full responsibility.

I will send you the info of who it is in chat i guess. I want to give them some time to do the right thing.
    Yeah you already typed paragraphs trying to justify blaming them for your error. I get that you think that way.

Did you miss my question? How about answering that?

Points Awarded:

ans61201 gave Optional 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Optional

Send me the wallet address you sent the funds to as well please.

captrobey

Yeah you already typed paragraphs trying to justify blaming them for your error. I get that you think that way.

Did you miss my question? How about answering that?

Bitcoin cash ok i will send that .

captrobey

It looks like the money was received by someone and it was not the book because there is nothing in there.

Optional

It looks like the money was received by someone and it was not the book because there is nothing in there.
    The book controls both the Bitcoin and the BitcoinCash version of that wallet address.

Don't worry, we should be able to get it sorted out for you.

But coming at them telling them it is their fault is probably not the best way to encourage them to go out of their way to manually configure a BCH wallet to get to that address.

We need to ask nicely or they may just stonewall and say bad luck our payment processor wont do it.
    Points Awarded:

ans61201 gave Optional 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

captrobey

The book controls both the Bitcoin and the BitcoinCash version of that wallet address.

Don't worry, we should be able to get it sorted out for you.

But coming at them telling them it is their fault is probably not the best way to encourage them to go out of their way to manually configure a BCH wallet to get to that address.

We need to ask nicely or they may just stonewall and say bad luck our payment processor wont do it.
    That is why i did not want to say who it was . I was hoping they would do the right thing. Thank you for helping me.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47501

What is the book?

You really do have the patience of Job, mate.

It is impossible to talk sense to him as you have seen in his betting thread.

That said, i hope he gets his money back and NEVER sends crypto to a book straight from Coinbase and never sends bitcoin cash to a bitcoin address again!

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15350

Ok so i have this problem with a book. A decently rated book and i do not want to name them as this just happened today. I want to get some imput and go from there maybe they will do the right thing idk.

I deposited for a nice promo at this book. A higher amount then normal closer around $480 or so. I normally use my debit card but they give me a problem so i use Bitcoin with them.

I use that coinbase thing. I am not great at it i have used it a few times . When i went to get it from my bank i noticed CB looked different . So i did not want to make a mistake and called the book up. My rep answered .

I am 99.999 percent i said to him (Because i was looking at i when i did it ) do i send this to the Bitcoin cash? He said yes you got it . He did seem busy though .

So i put the money and sent it there to their link or whatever that is. I called and another guy answered and i told him it was done i sent it to Bitcoin Cash and he said "Whoa -hold on " . I find out that i had actually sent it to the wrong place and i can lose my close to $500 .

He gives me a # to call hoping i can cancel it. They will not my money the entire $480 is gone. I am pissed because i called them and the 1st guy told me yes when i asked him. I called THEM so this would not happen.

So i call back and he says they can do a FP for me. Basically i am out my money. I said yea but it was YOUR guy who told me to do this. He started basically saying they mentioned this to me in the past like i guess it was supposed to be my fault idk.

I said it does not matter i called you asking what to do and i was told to send it there. Listen to the recording you will hear that i said that and he said yes. He said we did listen to it. I said Oh then you heard me say that then. He said no you said nothing about cash. So i pressed a bit and he finally admitted he did not hear it management listened to it . So i said Ok -if i said that i will take full responsibility. If i just said Bitcoin and not Bitcoin cash. I want to hear the recording . Send it in an e-mail or something.

Still nothing. I understand he was just busy and did not listen probably. But that cost me. If i as an agent make a mistake which i do once in awhile and cost my client money - i will pay them what i cost them . It has not happened often but i have reimbursed my clients a couple times $300-$400 .

I hope you guys understand my ramblings sorry if this in confusing. I just do not know what to do.
    Did the bitcoin address start with a "1" or "3"?

PD77
    Bitches!
    PD77's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    Did the bitcoin address start with a "1" or "3"?
    It took me 4 reply posts before I finally realized this thread was about blaming the book for the screwup instead of recovering the funds or discovering what went wrong. I’m sure the processor/book are in no hurry to fix the problem but will eventually get around to it at their leisure.

captrobey

It took me 4 reply posts before I finally realized this thread was about blaming the book for the screwup instead of recovering the funds or discovering what went wrong. I’m sure the processor/book are in no hurry to fix the problem but will eventually get around to it at their leisure.
    IF i am looking at it right it starts with a a
    "p" . And Op is trying to help me now but they did nothing except want me to call to get int cancelled. Op caught something too on their site it does say they accept bitcoin cash and isn't that what this is? Like i said it is very confusing. Still no money in there either.

Optional

It looks like Cappy has not done anything wrong.

He bought and sent BitcoinCash at Coinbase and sent it to a CashAddr format BitcoinCash wallet.

Someone in the book's CS told him "oh no you should not have done that" when he called back in to have the bonus applied.

I think that CS person was either confused or has confused Cappy.

I don't know why the book has not credited the deposit, but it's there on the public record.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47501

IF i am looking at it right it starts with a a
    "p" . And Op is trying to help me now but they did nothing except want me to call to get int cancelled. Op caught something too on their site it does say they accept bitcoin cash and isn't that what this is? Like i said it is very confusing. Still no money in there either.
    You will probably get your money back but it will likely take some time.

Many books do accept bitcoin cash but you have to send it to a bitcoin cash address, not a bitcoin address.

It really isn't that confusing, you really should know this stuff before sending any cryptocurrencies anywhere.

captrobey

He bought and sent BitcoinCash at Coinbase and sent it to a CashAddr format BitcoinCash wallet.

Someone in the book's CS told him "oh no you should not have done that" when he called back in to have the bonus applied.

I don't know why the book has not credited the deposit, but it's there on the public record.
    That i am . Confused. Definitely confused.

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post

Many books do accept bitcoin cash but you have to send it to a bitcoin cash address, not a bitcoin address.

It really isn't that confusing, you really should know this stuff before sending any cryptocurrencies anywhere.
    Like i said i really try and use my Debit card they for some reason they have an issue with it . I did not want to make a mistake which is why i called prior. Turns out maybe i did not make a mistake . I wonder does somebody actually have my money now or is it floating around in limboland.

Optional

Like i said i really try and use my Debit card they for some reason they have an issue with it . I did not want to make a mistake which is why i called prior. Turns out maybe i did not make a mistake . I wonder does somebody actually have my money now or is it floating around in limboland.
    Someone has your money.

You can see that they have not touched it though.

As long as you definitely 100% got that send address from the sportsbook site, and not somewhere else accidentally, you have nothing to worry about. Your money is definitely not lost or in limbo.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post

It's not possible to screw up currency types with the newer CashAddr format for BCH wallets.

It's not what I (we) assumed went wrong to start with.

Just the book not processing it and crediting his account by the looks. I am guessing they have not had many/any users using the method and maybe glitch in automation.

PD77
    Bitches!
    PD77's Avatar SBR PRO

Name the book.

captrobey

It's not possible to screw up currency types with the newer CashAddr format for BCH wallets.

It's not what I (we) assumed went wrong to start with.

Just the book not processing it and crediting his account by the looks. I am guessing they have not had many/any users using the method and maybe glitch in automation.
    Originally the one girl sent me the address in an e-mail but it was in a weird box and it would not copy. So i called and the guy told me to log into their site. It took a couple times but there was an address on the main screen i copied and pasted and that is what i sent. That is gone when i log in now . So it definitely was their address because it was off their own site.

Optional

Originally the one girl sent me the address in an e-mail but it was in a weird box and it would not copy. So i called and the guy told me to log into their site. It took a couple times but there was an address on the main screen i copied and pasted and that is what i sent. That is gone when i log in now . So it definitely was their address because it was off their own site.

99.9% you will see your money soon.

captrobey

Oh i hope so nothing yet

Ant23
    Ant23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11651

Book?

123 Last