Enfuego
    Enfuego's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2459

Your #1 Most Confident Play UFC Fight Night: Shevchenko vs. Carmouche 2

I'm going to make an effort to start this thread each week.

Please, post your most confident play to include props. I understand you can always post Shevchenko -1200 but please be reasonable.

Enfuego

Tecia Lyn Torres -150

Simply put, I think this line should be much higher and we're getting a gift from the UFC gods with an experienced fighter like Torres at this line.

I've seen a number of Torres' fights and although small in stature, I'm always impressed by her toughness and tenacity. In her last four fights, she's taken on Waterson, Zhang, Andrade and Joanna. I understand out of that 4 she only beat Waterson however, she was in every fight and went to a decision in each of her losses. People forget, Torres also fought Thug back in 2016 and lost a decision there too. Torres has faced the best of the best UFC competition and been competitive.

On the other side of the experience scale we have Marina Rodriguez. She has two UFC fights with one being a draw with Randa Markos and a unanimous decision win over Jess Aguilar. If she would've beaten Jess Aguilar five years ago, I'd have been impressed. I'm not impressed with the win over the current Jag Aguilar.

Tecia is the younger fighter and the much smaller fighter with a reach disadvantage but what fighter has she gone up against where she's the bigger fighter? None.

Having lost three straight, Tecia is very desperate for a win. Her four losses have come against the best and those women have a combined 25-7 UFC record.

I fully expect the more experienced, more athletic, tougher fighter to find openings at distance and to take Rodriguez down a few times.

I have Torres by decision.

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Vicente Luque.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave Unwritten Law 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

I think Luque is the best value play on this card.

Enfuego

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    I think Luque is the best value play on this card.
    I think Luque is better everywhere Hugo.

For those that like Perry, they are basically saying he will KO Luque because Perry won't beat Luque if it goes to a decision based on their output.

Perry hasn't been knocking anyone out. Can it happen? Sure, is it likely? No.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave Enfuego 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Quote Originally Posted by Enfuego View Post
    Perry hasn't been knocking anyone out. Can it happen? Sure, is it likely? No.
    Perry has 13 wins on his record.

11 wins via KO/TKO.

Good thing he "hasn't" been knocking anyone out.

Enfuego

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    Perry has 13 wins on his record.

11 wins via KO/TKO.

Good thing he "hasn't" been knocking anyone out.

Dude, since December 2016, Mike Perry has fought 8 times. Five of those 8 fights have gone to a decision with one of those being a sub.

When I say he "hasn't been knocking anyone out" that's exactly what I mean and it's accurate.
    Points Awarded:

jacharron17
    jacharron17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2608

My bad lol line is 2.5.
    Last edited by jacharron17; 08-09-19 at 08:17 PM.

jacharron17
    jacharron17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2608

Under 1.5 Mike Perry vs Vicente Luque +155. I expect these two to finish one another early.

Sanity Check

Dude, since December 2016, Mike Perry has fought 8 times. Five of those 8 fights have gone to a decision with one of those being a sub.

When I say he "hasn't been knocking anyone out" that's exactly what I mean and it's accurate.

Who faced tougher opposition though.

Mike Perry didn't beat Paul Felder via KO/TKO. Felder has never lost via KO/TKO except due to a cut. The same could be said of all of Perry's opponents, they're all extremely tough and durable guys who don't get finished often.

Many of Luque's opponents have lost via KO/TKO multiple times.

You could say Luque has gotten the easier fights.

Enfuego

Who faced tougher opposition though.

Mike Perry didn't beat Paul Felder via KO/TKO. Felder has never lost via KO/TKO except due to a cut. The same could be said of all of Perry's opponents, they're all extremely tough and durable guys who don't get finished often.

Many of Luque's opponents have lost via KO/TKO multiple times.

You could say Luque has gotten the easier fights.
    All I said was he hasn't been knocking anyone out which is accurate.

Sanity Check

All I said was he hasn't been knocking anyone out which is accurate.
    If Mike Perry wins, I'm going to laugh.

Especially if he wins via TKO/KO.

That's all I can say.

Enfuego

That's all I can say.
    Well, back to the point of the thread that had nothing to do with Luque/Perry, do you have a best bet you'd like to share or do you just want to argue about semantics?

Enfuego

I'll go with you Sanity Check.

Sanity Check

I'll go with you Sanity Check.
    Its not just empty talk, bro.

Whether its in a parlay or a straight play I'll be on Mike Perry.

Good luck 2 u!!

Enfuego

That's all I can say.
    What if he doesn't win and what if it goes to a decision? Can I laugh?
    Points Awarded:

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Baraldsson

Baraldsson
    Baraldsson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 660

Nice work.

Enfuego

Quote Originally Posted by Baraldsson View Post
    Nice work.
    I think that De Freitas decision was wrong but I also think the Luque decision was wrong so it all works out I guess.

Sanity Check

What if he doesn't win and what if it goes to a decision? Can I laugh?
    You can laugh if you want.

There isn't anything to laugh about though.

Some of you get insecure and offended when someone challenges what you're saying. For no reason.

But do you understand sometimes things need to be said cuz of the things people say are borderline boneheaded.

"Mike Perry doesn't have KO Power." That is a boneheaded and silly thing to say regardless of the outcome.

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

You can laugh if you want.

There isn't anything to laugh about though.

Some of you get insecure and offended when someone challenges what you're saying. For no reason.

But do you understand sometimes things need to be said cuz of the things people say are borderline boneheaded.

"Mike Perry doesn't have KO Power." That is a boneheaded and silly thing to say regardless of the outcome.
    But that's not what he said. He just said that "Perry hasn't been knocking anyone out." That's a true statement as Perry hasn't had a KO/TKO win since September 2017 (six fights ago).

In total, he has 11 of his 13 pro wins by KO/TKO so he definitely has knockout power. He knocked out four of his first five UFC opponents: Hyun Gyu Lim, Danny Roberts, Jake Ellenberger, and Alex Reyes. When we look back at these four we find that they weren't elite durability wise. Lim got TKOed by Neil Magny, Reyes had been TKOed on the regional scene, Roberts gets hurt in every fight and has been KOed stiff twice after the Perry fight, and Ellenberger was totally shot with four KO/TKO losses already at the time he fought Perry. I think these fights showed that Perry has the power to destroy opponents with concerning durability.

Since then, he's decisioned Alex Oliveira, who has above average durability, and Paul Felder, who has elite durability. I think this shows that the most durable guys can still survive what Perry throws. Luque fits in along with these guys, showing elite durability by never getting KO/TKOed in his career despite several wars.

Overall I'd say Perry has above average power but he's no Anthony "Rumble" Johnson.

Sanity Check

Ha. Ok, then.

"Perry hasn't been knocking anyone out." (That's a way of saying "Perry doesn't have KO power" same thing but we don't have to go there)

I bet when you watched the fight you were worried Luque might have been hurt by some of those punches Perry landed.

Which would say the opposite of everything being applied to paper here.

That's good enough for me.

DavidGoliath5003
    DavidGoliath5003's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3319

i thought Perry deserved the fight, he actually had more significant punches landed.

Sanity Check

Quote Originally Posted by DavidGoliath5003 View Post
    i thought Perry deserved the fight, he actually had more significant punches landed.
    Enrique Barzola and Vicente Luque may both have gotten south american home team decisions.

I thought Mike Perry might have won. Until I saw Mike Perry's nose, than I was like oh damn maybe he didn't win after all.

Enfuego

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    But that's not what he said. He just said that "Perry hasn't been knocking anyone out." That's a true statement as Perry hasn't had a KO/TKO win since September 2017 (six fights ago).

In total, he has 11 of his 13 pro wins by KO/TKO so he definitely has knockout power. He knocked out four of his first five UFC opponents: Hyun Gyu Lim, Danny Roberts, Jake Ellenberger, and Alex Reyes. When we look back at these four we find that they weren't elite durability wise. Lim got TKOed by Neil Magny, Reyes had been TKOed on the regional scene, Roberts gets hurt in every fight and has been KOed stiff twice after the Perry fight, and Ellenberger was totally shot with four KO/TKO losses already at the time he fought Perry. I think these fights showed that Perry has the power to destroy opponents with concerning durability.

Since then, he's decisioned Alex Oliveira, who has above average durability, and Paul Felder, who has elite durability. I think this shows that the most durable guys can still survive what Perry throws. Luque fits in along with these guys, showing elite durability by never getting KO/TKOed in his career despite several wars.

Overall I'd say Perry has above average power but he's no Anthony "Rumble" Johnson.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Not in my wildest dreams would I say Mike Perry doesn't have KO power. That's not what I said and so to challenge me based on something I didn't say is actually borderline bonheaded and actually, just lazy.

He hasn't been knocking anyone out and once again, I'll say it again, that statement is true. And once again, he didn't KO another opponent.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave Enfuego 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Enfuego

Ha. Ok, then.

"Perry hasn't been knocking anyone out." (That's a way of saying "Perry doesn't have KO power" same thing but we don't have to go there)

I bet when you watched the fight you were worried Luque might have been hurt by some of those punches Perry landed.

Which would say the opposite of everything being applied to paper here.

That's good enough for me.

This statement isn't true and just intellectually lazy.

Sanity Check

This statement isn't true and just intellectually lazy.
    That dishonesty on your part could be one reason you'll NEVER be good at capping.

Have a good day.

Enfuego

That dishonesty on your part could be one reason you'll NEVER be good at capping.

Have a good day.

I mean, you can say whatever you want but even Hugo told you straight up what I said and what you claim I said are very different things. It's not just me saying it. Dude, you're just wrong. Move on.

Sanity Check

I mean, you can say whatever you want but even Hugo told you straight up what I said and what you claim I said are very different things. It's not just me saying it. Dude, you're just wrong. Move on.
    "Mike Perry hasn't knocked anyone out recently. He's not much of a KO threat."

Isn't that kind of like saying Jacare Souza shouldn't be considered a threat on the ground due to him not submitting anyone in awhile?

You don't have to agree with me, just so long as you understand what I'm trying to say.

Enfuego

Isn't that kind of like saying Jacare Souza shouldn't be considered a threat on the ground due to him not submitting anyone in awhile?

You don't have to agree with me, just so long as you understand what I'm trying to say.
    What you keep claiming I said:

What I actually said:

"Perry hasn't been knocking anyone out."

Do you see why I took issue with your comments? You're just flat out wrong claiming I said something I didn't say and Hugo pointed it out too.

I never said Perry couldn't or wouldn't knock Luque out. I just said he hasn't been knocking anyone out which is accurate.

Enfuego

Then, you actually said if Perry came out and KO'd Luque ITD you'd come back in and laugh at this thread haha.