THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

UFC on ESPN+ 13: De Randamie vs. Ladd (July 13, 2019)

ESPN+ 8:00 pm ET
    Germaine de Randamie vs Aspen Ladd
    Urijah Faber vs Ricky Simon
    Mirsad Bektic vs Josh Emmett
    Karl Roberson vs Wellington Turman
    Cezar Ferreira vs Marvin Vettori

ESPN+ 5:00 pm ET
    John Allan vs Mike Rodriguez
    Andre Fili vs Sheymon Moraes
    Nicco Montano vs Julianna Pena
    Darren Elkins vs Ryan Hall
    Jonathan Martinez vs Liu Pingyuan
    Livinha Souza vs Brianna VanBuren
    Benito Lopez vs Vince Morales

Points Awarded:

HurlSweatPants gave THE_LOCKSMITH 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Thrilla

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14174

some live dogs here

Pr0ph3t
    Pr0ph3t's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

I like De Randamie, Roberson, and Van Buren. Good luck!

HurlSweatPants
    HurlSweatPants's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3367

Fili is now pick em, have him in a parlay at +120

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

MMA MANIA prelim write ups -

135 lbs.:
    Liu Pingyuan vs. Jonathan Martinez

Liu Pingyuan (13-5) entered the Octagon unbeaten since 2013, ending six of those fights in the first round. Though he’s yet to score a finish in the Octagon, he enters the cage on the heels of decisions over Damian Stasiak and Martin Day.
    Five of his nine stoppage wins have come by submission.
    Jonathan Martinez (10-2) entered the Octagon with just one defeat, a 2015 disqualification loss to future The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) competitor Matt Schnell, but could not overcome Andre Soukhamthath in his short-notice Octagon debut. “The Dragon” went on to face China’s Wuliji Buren, surviving a few takedowns to take a dominant decision victory.
    He opened his career with five consecutive knockouts and landed armbars in his last two pre-UFC bouts.
    This fight favors Martinez so long as it stays on the feet. Thing is, it won’t — Martinez has been taken down six times in two UFC bouts, and though Buren wasn’t a sufficiently skilled submission artist to make the most of his top control, Liu most certainly is.
    Martinez has an avenue of victory if he can stuff Liu’s takedowns and force the Chinese prospect to either try to duke it out or start pulling guard. After seeing his grappling struggles, though, it’s hard to have faith that he can do so. Liu survives some hairy striking exchanges to dominate from top position.
    Prediction: Liu via unanimous decision
    Related
    Up Next! UFC Returns To Sac-Town!

115 lbs.: Livinha Souza vs. Brianna Van Buren

Undaunted by the loss of her Invicta Strawweight title to Angela Hill, Livinha Souza (13-1) picked up two more dominant victories in the promotion before scoring an 81-second submission of Alex Chambers in her UFC debut. Though she had to dig deep, Souza also came out victorious against the overweight Sarah Frota, who used her size and strength to wear down Souza, but ultimately wound up on the wrong end of a split decision.
    Eight of her 10 stoppage victories have come by submission.
    Brianna Van Buren (8-2) opened her career 3-2, but has not tasted defeat since ending a three-year hiatus in 2018. Her breakthrough came this past May in Invicta’s Phoenix Rising tournament, defeating Manjit Kolekar, Juliana Lima and Kailin Curran in a single night.
    The 5’0” Van Buren replaces Cynthia Calvillo on short notice.
    Van Buren is an excellent addition to the roster who could make some real noise in very little time. She’s also up against it in her debut; though likely the physically stronger of the two, Van Buren can’t match Souza’s technical wrestling, and her southpaw stance leaves her open to Souza’s straight right and body kick. To make matters worse, Van Buren is on the wrong end of a five-inch height disadvantage, making it difficult for her to get her boxing going.
    Souza just seems like a little too much, a little too soon for “Tha Bull.” Souza catches her coming in with a reactive takedown, moves to the back, and ends things in the first.
    Prediction: Souza via first-round submission

135 lbs.: Benito Lopez vs. Vince Morales

Benito Lopez (9-1) put on one of the best “Contender Series” bouts in his split decision victory over Steven Peterson, then followed that up with another fun decision over Albert Morales in UFC proper. Injury kept him out of action for all of 2018, after which he tapped to a Manny Bermudez guillotine this past February.
    He stands three inches taller than Vince Morales (9-3) at 5’10” and will have a 5.5-inch reach advantage.
    “Vandetta” looked poised to claim victory on “Contender Series,” where he floored the favored Domingo Pilarte, but succumbed to a comeback submission in the second round. After a victory in Bellator, he unsuccessfully debuted in the Octagon against Song Yadong before upsetting Aiemann Zahabi in May.
    He replaces the injured Martin Day on two weeks’ notice.
    Now this could be fun! Lopez always guns for the first-round knockout and Morales packs impressive heat in his hands for a Bantamweight. It’s a clash of explosiveness and creativity versus fundamentals and resilience.
    Said resilience looks like the key to this fight. Lopez has a habit of slowing terribly after a strong start to the point that even Peterson, whose striking strategy is “lower head, fling hands, and hope for the best,” made it competitive on the feet. “Golden Boy” is unlikely to score a quick finish and lacks the technical polish to deal with Morales once he’s no longer able to counter any given strike with a flying knee. “Vandetta” keeps it competitive in the first before pulling away on the strength of his boxing craft, ultimately putting Lopez away late.
    Prediction: Morales via third-round technical knockout

205 lbs.: Mike Rodriguez vs. John Allan

Mike Rodriguez (10-3) smashed Jamelle Jones with a flying knee on “Contender Series” for his fourth consecutive first-round knockout, earning a UFC contract in the process. “Slo-Mike” dropped a decision to Devin Clark in his promotional debut, struggling with “Brown Bear’s” wrestling, then bounced back by finishing Adam Milstead in Milwaukee.
    He’ll have a 7.5-inch reach advantage on his Brazilian foe.
    John Allan (13-5) put the hurt on Vinicius Moreia on the Contender Series: Brazil, but ultimately tapped to a triangle choke once “Mamute” got his grappling going. He returned to action less than three weeks ago with an impressive finish of unbeaten Alexandre Silva, leaving him 5-1 in his last six.
    He steps in for the injured Gian Villante on little more than one week of notice.
    Allan’s a fun addition to the division, an aggressive power-puncher with a delightful willingness to wreck the body. Even better, his shoddy grappling won’t be an issue against a willing striker in Rodriguez, allowing him to unleash the entirety of his arsenal.
    His flat-footedness and reach disadvantage, on the other hand, will be issues.
    Though Allan’s shown a nice jab, he’s going to have serious issues closing more than half a foot of distance, especially considering the damage Rodriguez can do with knees and straight lefts up the middle. Worse, Allan’s punches tend to get wider when he tries to put together lengthy combinations, leaving him even more vulnerable to the taller man’s linear blows. Rodriguez answers Allan’s relentless advance with a nasty knee sometime in the first round.
    Prediction: Rodriguez via first-round technical knockout
    Related
    Up Next! UFC Returns To Sac-Town!

145 lbs.: Andre Fili vs. Sheymon Moraes

Andre Fili (19-6) alternated wins and losses in the Octagon until 2018, when he followed up a dominant victory over Artem Lobov with a controversial decision over Dennis Bermudez. He was on the wrong end of the next split decision against Michael Johnson, but started 2019 strong by beating Myles Jury in Phoenix.
    “Touchy” has won eight fights via (technical) knockout and three by submission, though his last six bouts have gone the distance.
    Sheymon Moraes (11-3) got a rough welcome to UFC, debuting against the surging Zabit Magomadsharipov and tapping to an anaconda choke, but established himself as a contender in his own right by upsetting “Contender Series” prospects Matt Sayles and Julio Arce. He took on yet another “Contender Series” alumnus in Sodiq Yusuff, going toe-to-toe with the heavy-handed Lloyd Irvin-trained product en route to a competitive decision loss.
    He’ll give up three inches of height and two inches of reach to Fili.
    It’s hard to get a bead on Moraes. At his best, he’s a lethal, accurate Muay Thai machine with one-shot power in his hands. At his worst, he’s content to cruise and bank on the quality of his shots outweighing the superior volume coming back at him. He has the tools to be a contender in a crazy-stacked division ... he just needs to use them properly.
    Fili is out-gunned on the feet, but his wrestling and general well-roundedness make this a toss-up. After seeing the issues Fili’s had with more technical strikers, though, I’ll pick Moraes despite my reservations.
    Prediction: Moraes via unanimous decision
    Related
    UFC Sacramento Poster Drops For ‘De Randamie Vs Ladd’

135 lbs.: Nicco Montano vs. Julianna Pena

Nicco Montano (4-2) defeated Lauren Murphy, Montana de la Rosa, and Barb Honchak in The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 26 house before taking a decision over Roxanne Modafferi to claim the division’s inaugural title. A planned defense against Valentina Shevchenko fell through when Montano fouled up her weight cut, and the Jackson’s product was ultimately stripped of her title.
    She went undefeated (4-0) as an amateur before joining the professional ranks in 2015.
    Despite entering the show on a two-fight losing streak, Julianna Pena (8-3) dominated on TUF 18, finishing three of her four opponents en route to tournament victory. Three more Octagon victories earned her a headlining spot opposite Valentina Shevchenko, who caught “Venezuelan Vixen” with an armbar late in the second round.
    Pena, who replaces the injured Sara McMann, has not fought since Jan. 2017.
    The upset-happy Montano looked like a solid Flyweight threat, but Bantamweight is another story. Pena has been able to take down every one of her UFC opponents, including Shevchenko, and I don’t see Montano winning this fight without consistently establishing top control.
    Ring rust will need to do a lot of heavy lifting to keep this competitive.
    This would be a rough match up for the former Flyweight champ even without the weight difference. Factor in Pena’s size and strength and Montano’s got serious problems. Though it should be fairly even on the feet, Pena’s ability to lean on her wrestling as needed will allow her to take a comfortable decision.
    Prediction: Pena via unanimous decision
    Related
    Pena Vs Montano On Tap With McMann Hurt

145 lbs.: Darren Elkins vs. Ryan Hall

Darren Elkins (24-7) put together a wholly unexpected six-fight win streak from 2015 to 2018, defeating the likes of Chas Skelly, Mirsad Bektic and Michael Johnson along the way. Though he managed to last the distance against Alexander Volkanovski in defeat, “The Damage” couldn’t do the same against Ricardo Lamas, who put away Elkins with vicious ground-and-pound for the Team Alpha Male-trained product’s first stoppage loss since 2013.
    Elkins has scored eight professional wins via (technical) knockout.
    Hall used his Brazilian jiu-jitsu wizardry to reach the semifinals of TUF 22, and though he lost to Saul Rogers, a quirk of fate gave him the opportunity to dominate Artem Lobov on the Finale and claim victory in the tournament. He has since won a decision over Gray Maynard and became the first man to submit B.J. Penn in mixed martial arts (MMA) competition in Dec. 2018.
    Counting his run on TUF, Hall has scored heel hooks on four of his last six opponents.
    Will you look at that, another two-true-outcome fight; Indeed, either Hall taps Elkins early or Elkins repeats Rogers’ efforts and grinds Hall into the dirt from guard. I don’t see Hall keeping Elkins off of him with his funky kicks or playing backpack the way he did against Lobov. For my money, it’s quick submission or bust.
    Luckily, Hall has the goods to get that quick submission.
    Elkins is 35 years old and has taken beatings in four of his last five fights. He managed to come back and win two of those, but I think we’ve seen the best of him. Hall takes advantage of Elkins’ lack of speed and general decline to Imanari roll his way into another heel hook finish.
    Prediction: Hall via first-round submission
    Points Awarded:

Sanity Check gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Teem
    Teem's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3534

"Slow" Mike
    Roberson
    Cezar Ferreira

... Is my parlay

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Feel Vince Morales will want it more...

PaperTrail07

and unless Faber is on Roids...there is not a chance he wins IMO....However it is in Cali and a 3 rounder...

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

The california kid.

"When I grabbed a hold of Conor, he felt like a girl in junior high."

--Urijah Faber

Post bathroom incident.
    Last edited by Sanity Check; 07-11-19 at 03:00 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

This card line up is suspect. Fading Faber ITD as he's to old and has been out for to long.

Pr0ph3t
    Pr0ph3t's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    This card line up is suspect. Fading Faber ITD as he's to old and has been out for to long.
    I like Simon as well. Leaning UD. If he gets smoked by a 40 year old, the bookie can have my money...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Pr0ph3t View Post
    I like Simon as well. Leaning UD. If he gets smoked by a 40 year old, the bookie can have my money...
    Ricky is 26 years old and on a 8 fight win streak.. Too young and to strong and fast for Faber at 40. I think he finishes Faber late after Faber can't get the take downs.. It's a young mans sport.. I think Faber quits late and taps or gets pounded out. He'll understand why he retired in the first place.. Against another older fighter I'd give Faber a chance. Not against young Ricky though..

https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Urijah-Faber-8847
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jacharron17
    jacharron17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2608

Ricky Simon by decision prop, and that is it for me for this event. I am leaning De Randamie, but wish I had a better number.

Sanity Check

TJ Dillashaw vs Urijah Faber.

How would people feel about that?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post

Dill would clean him..

Shagdogy
    Shagdogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5477

Tricky card:

Martinez is more skilled I think, BUT he was bullied by Souk and will have the physicality disadvantage yet again against Liu.

Roberson is a pretty solid prospect, but his kryptonite has been the TD and top control game of stronger grapplers. Turman looks durable, and has shown strong clinch/bodylock TDs and has 7 subs to his name. It's a tough spot for him but the style matchup is favorable for Turman to have a shot. It's -195 but fight doesn't go to decision seems like an okay bet in this fight. If Roberson loses, I think he gets subbed, and he's a pretty solid finisher himself. Turman coming in on late notice might just go for it.

de Randamie has a clear striking advantage. Length and speed in her favor on the feet. Strong TDD in her past few fights against lesser wrestlers, but she did spend a little too much time with back to the cage vs. Holm and made that decision closer than it needed to be. Against Nunes she was dominated once she was secured on the mat, and Ladd can do the same to you if she can get you down and keep you down. Clear paths to victory for both.

Sheymon Moraes might be a decent bet. His TDD is pretty damn good and if it's kept on the feet, his power advantage could pile up over time. I don't love Fili's shot at winning a strictly standup fight vs. Moraes, who I don't think quite gets as much credit as he deserves.
    Points Awarded:

LBfightlife gave Shagdogy 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Sanity Check

Quote Originally Posted by Shagdogy View Post
    Tricky card:

Martinez is more skilled I think, BUT he was bullied by Souk and will have the physicality disadvantage yet again against Liu.
    Good breakdown.

The only thing I can think to add is Martinez took that fight with Souk on 2 weeks notice** and still put up a hell of a fight.
    Last edited by Sanity Check; 07-11-19 at 09:06 PM.

nyrider88
    nyrider88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3636

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post

urijah should fight bj penn at catchweight, both 40 and came back from retirement.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by nyrider88 View Post
    urijah should fight bj penn at catchweight, both 40 and came back from retirement.
    That might be a good match up now.. Sharp and Bellator worthy!!!

PaperTrail07

I feel Fili is smoother on the feet...not as strong but better....

Do you know anything about Turman? It APPEARS he is OK on the ground and that is where Roberson is GARBAGE.....its TKO for Roberson or bust IMO so might as well bet that prop if you like him.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Shagdogy View Post
    Tricky card:

Roberson is a pretty solid prospect, but his kryptonite has been the TD and top control game of stronger grapplers. Turman looks durable, and has shown strong clinch/bodylock TDs and has 7 subs to his name. It's a tough spot for him but the style matchup is favorable for Turman to have a shot. It's -195 but fight doesn't go to decision seems like an okay bet in this fight. If Roberson loses, I think he gets subbed, and he's a pretty solid finisher himself. Turman coming in on late notice might just go for it.

de Randamie has a clear striking advantage. Length and speed in her favor on the feet. Strong TDD in her past few fights against lesser wrestlers, but she did spend a little too much time with back to the cage vs. Holm and made that decision closer than it needed to be. Against Nunes she was dominated once she was secured on the mat, and Ladd can do the same to you if she can get you down and keep you down. Clear paths to victory for both.

Sheymon Moraes might be a decent bet. His TDD is pretty damn good and if it's kept on the feet, his power advantage could pile up over time. I don't love Fili's shot at winning a strictly standup fight vs. Moraes, who I don't think quite gets as much credit as he deserves.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Is Aspen Ladd that cocky broad who said she would be bigger than McGregor? Anyone

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Is Aspen Ladd that cocky broad who said she would be bigger than McGregor? Anyone
    no. that was Maycee Barber
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave firekillex 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    no. that was Maycee Barber
    Thanks Fire. It would have taken me an hour to figure this out. Being on the phone just now for an hour being dicked around i thought i should hope someone knew so i didn't have to waste more time on that

Mackballs
    Mackballs's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12393

Ladd virtually died at the weigh in. Heard she could barely move. Fight might not even happen now. Would suggest getting down on gdr hard while the odds are still the same.

firekillex

Ladd literally looked on the verge of collapsing / death... that’s got to be the most unhealthy weigh in I’ve seen in the UFC... and they said the commission cleared her to fight tomorrow ... WOW

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by Mackballs View Post
    Ladd virtually died at the weigh in. Heard she could barely move. Fight might not even happen now. Would suggest getting down on gdr hard while the odds are still the same.
    To many people i have seen "almost die" rise to the oaccasion. I think we hear that about the Cuban Olympian all the time. Forget his name for fuks sak. Romero lol

PaperTrail07

link pics? was it that bad....? I bet she sneaks an IV and nobody bats an eye
    Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    Ladd literally looked on the verge of collapsing / death... that’s got to be the most unhealthy weigh in I’ve seen in the UFC... and they said the commission cleared her to fight tomorrow ... WOW

firekillex

Its on the mma fighting Instagram page
    She was literally shaking and on the verge of passing out... shocked she got cleared
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave firekillex 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07

Her body will eat that H20 up like a sponge and she will be gigantic....she has plenty of time but yeah-I am surprised they cleared her as well.....

PaperTrail07

As far as winners here is what I am thinking

As far as winners here is what I am thinking

Bektic ML--150
    Roberson-205
    Ferreria +125
    Fili-105
    Elkins -110
    Martinex +130
    Morales -130

Lets get it

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Ricky is 26 years old and on a 8 fight win streak.. Too young and to strong and fast for Faber at 40. I think he finishes Faber late after Faber can't get the take downs.. It's a young mans sport.. I think Faber quits late and taps or gets pounded out. He'll understand why he retired in the first place.. Against another older fighter I'd give Faber a chance. Not against young Ricky though..

https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Urijah-Faber-8847
    Ricky is also a great takedown artist with excellent cardio. Faber's TDD isn't great for a former high level fighter at 60% throughout his UFC tenure. I see Simon wrestling his way to a wide decision.

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Liking Bektic ITD here as well

PaperTrail07

I also don't really think Faber cares if he wins....admits he is not focused 100% on the fight and is busy.....the is simply a paycheck collection and he hopes not to get knocked out... This is an I OWE VEGAS fight......people will see the name and have tickets all over the dog here....all to WHIFF.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    Ricky is also a great takedown artist with excellent cardio. Faber's TDD isn't great for a former high level fighter at 60% throughout his UFC tenure. I see Simon wrestling his way to a wide decision.

PaperTrail07

-155 I am loving it.....will take a wild ko for Emmet to win IMO....
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    I also don't really think Faber cares if he wins....admits he is not focused 100% on the fight and is busy.....the is simply a paycheck collection and he hopes not to get knocked out... This is an I OWE VEGAS fight......people will see the name and have tickets all over the dog here....all to WHIFF.....
    emitt says Uriah is as focused as ever. Who knows with these bullshitters what is really the truth. Uriah might win round one and that is it. Than u have to worry about something remotely close that they give to Uriah. Think i am going to pass but no way i see Uriah winning here unless it is a split nonsense decision.

1234 ... Last