eath1
    eath1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 447

Best countries to live in for sports betting

Hello. I've been betting for a while and I'm looking to move to a country that offers better conditions for sports bettors.

I'm mainly looking for:

1) Online sports betting being completely legal and tax free or low taxes.
    2) Being able to bet in Pinnacle (much better if I can register directly instead of through an agent).
    3) Within Europe.

I thought about moving to the UK but as far as I know Pinnacle isn't licensed in the UK and I'm unsure if it's completely legal to bet there through a pinnacle agent.

Cheers.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

https://www.vegasmaster.com/gambling...ree-countries/

Then compare with pinnacle's list of countries on the registration page.

Note Belgium is changing though, soon will be taxing professional gamblers.

It's perfectly legal to use any bookie in the UK, regardless of whether it's licensed or not.

danwinkler
    danwinkler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

if you are a big winner live in a first world country. canada probably best with tax laws, safety etc.
    i would never live in country like mexico/costa rica or any developing/third world countries if i am betting big and making a living with sports betting.

BetJesus
    BetJesus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 310

Freakin ‘Merica!!!!

‘Merica is the best for anything and everything.

We know words. We have the best words. We are building big, beautiful walls somewhere. Our gambling is the greatest. Immigrant free gambling. It’s the best.

Next question.

And whatever it is, the answer is ‘Merica!!!
    Points Awarded:

BetterBizness gave BetJesus 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BetterBizness

relaaxx
    relaaxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14050

Quote Originally Posted by BetJesus View Post
    Freakin ‘Merica!!!!

We know words. We have the best words. We are building big, beautiful walls somewhere. Our gambling is the greatest. Immigrant free gambling. It’s the best.

Next question.

what country has the most people that are white and stupid? real stupid. dumb as a rock , stupid.

danshan11
    I am good at coin flips, I really am!
    danshan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2888

Quote Originally Posted by danwinkler View Post
    if you are a big winner live in a first world country. canada probably best with tax laws, safety etc.
    i would never live in country like mexico/costa rica or any developing/third world countries if i am betting big and making a living with sports betting.
    why?

lonnie55
    lonnie55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12267

Austria was pretty liberal and it's one of the few countries where sports betting is not considered as gambling but as a skill game. But in the meantime online betting has been prohibited in some states within Austria as far as I know, IDK really. It's certainly not tax free when you do it as a profession but at least it would be 100% clean, no grey zone, no "let's hope they don't catch me" or whatsoever. Vienna is a pretty city.

BetJesus
    BetJesus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 310

Freakin ‘Merica!!!!

Next question.

I don’t much care for your attitude, boy. Here in the greatest country God ever created, we know that the country with the most stupid white people is Europe, followed by France.

Don’t be disputing that.

Edit:
    This was for that American hating SoB above.

eath1

Quote Originally Posted by HeeeHAWWWW View Post

It's perfectly legal to use any bookie in the UK, regardless of whether it's licensed or not.
    Thing is, I cannot register on pinnacle in my country directly and in UK it's not allowed either.
    Would it be completely legal if I bet on pinnacle with a broker account?

Thanks for the answer anyways!

Quote Originally Posted by lonnie55 View Post
    Austria was pretty liberal and it's one of the few countries where sports betting is not considered as gambling but as a skill game. But in the meantime online betting has been prohibited in some states within Austria as far as I know, IDK really. It's certainly not tax free when you do it as a profession but at least it would be 100% clean, no grey zone, no "let's hope they don't catch me" or whatsoever. Vienna is a pretty city.
    Will check it out. I don't really mind paying taxes if they're not abusive as long as you say, I earn the money "completely clean".

Thank you!

relaaxx
    relaaxx's Avatar SBR PRO

I don’t much care for your attitude, boy. Here in the greatest country God ever created, we know that the country with the most stupid white people is Europe, followed by France.

Don’t be disputing that.

Edit:
    This was for that American hating SoB above.

here's proof of how stupid white Americans are.
    Points Awarded:

semibluff gave relaaxx 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

HeeeHAWWWW

Quote Originally Posted by eath1 View Post
    Thing is, I cannot register on pinnacle in my country directly and in UK it's not allowed either.
    Ahh OK. Well, from the pinny page I see most smaller European countries still seem possible, it's the larger ones aren't allowed: UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy. Also don't see Sweden and the Netherlands.

Supposedly Pinnacle have just applied for an Italian licence.

Would it be completely legal if I bet on pinnacle with a broker account?
    Yes. I
    n the UK, all things are legal unless specifically prohibited, and there's no law saying you have to bet with a licensed bookmaker. Now, many agents won't take UK customers because they don't want to break UK law, and that's a little restricting, but there are still some.

If I were coming from outside I'd look at Gibraltar. It depends on your needs though, and it might be awkward when it leaves the EU.

danshan11

Quote Originally Posted by relaaxx View Post
    here's proof of how stupid white Americans are.
    that is the dumbest thing I ever heard, this one statement from one person is how stupid ALL "how stupid white Americans are"

one black french dude stole a peanut from a central park squirrel does that mean all french blacks steal squirrel nuts?
    one mexican is one of the wealthiest men in the world, does that mean all Mexicans are rich?

you specifically are a dumb ass, yes you are, not your race or people as a group, JUST YOU!

relaaxx
    relaaxx's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by danshan11 View Post
    that is the dumbest thing I ever heard, this one statement from one person is how stupid ALL "how stupid white Americans are"

one black french dude stole a peanut from a central park squirrel does that mean all french blacks steal squirrel nuts?
    one mexican is one of the wealthiest men in the world, does that mean all Mexicans are rich?

you specifically are a dumb ass, yes you are, not your race or people as a group, JUST YOU!
    it's proof of 1 white american being stupid. proof of white american stupidity is that trump became president and still has 35-40% approval ,which is mostly all white, stupid is being kind.
    Last edited by relaaxx; 02-13-19 at 07:43 PM.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Quote Originally Posted by eath1 View Post
    Hello. I've been betting for a while and I'm looking to move to a country that offers better conditions for sports bettors.

I'm mainly looking for:

1) Online sports betting being completely legal and tax free or low taxes.
    2) Being able to bet in Pinnacle (much better if I can register directly instead of through an agent).
    3) Within Europe.

I thought about moving to the UK but as far as I know Pinnacle isn't licensed in the UK and I'm unsure if it's completely legal to bet there through a pinnacle agent.

Cheers.

Ireland would be near top of the list for me with those wants.

Brooklyn Dick
    Brooklyn Dick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22151

Are you aware of some of the limits now on Pinnacle. College baskets for example. Spread max 4K, but as I post this the limit on all games is circled at 1 k. Totals max at a nickel. Now you can bet 375. And totals are always a 30 cent spread. Spread is a 16 cent spread. If you want to move to another country just for that you need to reconsider.

Alfa1234
    Alfa1234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2544

Where did you find this info about Belgium changing laws? Source plz? As far as I am aware, Belgium has always taxed pro gamblers as any regular work/income. Only occasional wins have been untaxed so far. Please elaborate on this for me.

lonnie55

Quote Originally Posted by lonnie55 View Post
    One addition: Many professional poker players from all over Europe moved to Vienna because of "comfortable" legal and tax conditions

craftbrewer
    craftbrewer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7446

I've been to Vienna. One of the most beautiful cities in Europe. If gambling laws are not strict there then Vienna would definitely be a good choice for living.

moojoo
    moojoo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

Yes and you need to calculate living costs. Its not same if your living costs are 700-800 euro or 2500-3000.

HeeeHAWWWW

Quote Originally Posted by Alfa1234 View Post
    Where did you find this info about Belgium changing laws? Source plz? As far as I am aware, Belgium has always taxed pro gamblers as any regular work/income. Only occasional wins have been untaxed so far. Please elaborate on this for me.
    No personal knowledge, just read ....
    https://blogs.dlapiper.com/all-in/20...ling-winnings/
    https://ace-ten.com/news/new-tax-law...blers-belgium/

Alfa1234

Thank you for those links, some experts still disagree whether that tax applies to sports gambling.

In Dutch:
    https://voetbalgok.be/belastingen-voetbalwedden-belgie/

craftbrewer
    craftbrewer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7446

Quote Originally Posted by moojoo View Post
    Yes and you need to calculate living costs. Its not same if your living costs are 700-800 euro or 2500-3000.
    Living costs are low in Eastern Europe. The most beautiful city in Eastern Europe is Budapest. And it is a cheap city compared to Western Europe. Though I have no idea about Hungarian gambling laws.

Ruifgalmeida
    Ruifgalmeida's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Probably UK and Ireland are the the best for sports, most European regulated markets suck.

eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Quote Originally Posted by relaaxx View Post
    what country has the most people that are white and stupid? real stupid. dumb as a rock , stupid.
    The irony to his post is that Americans are viewed as complete ego driven idiots.

If I could, I’d trade my US citizenship for an EU citizenship.

eath1

Quote Originally Posted by craftbrewer View Post
    Living costs are low in Eastern Europe. The most beautiful city in Eastern Europe is Budapest. And it is a cheap city compared to Western Europe. Though I have no idea about Hungarian gambling laws.
    UK would be the best but pinnacle isn't licensed there

danshan11

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesfan371 View Post
    The irony to his post is that Americans are viewed as complete ego driven idiots.

If I could, I’d trade my US citizenship for an EU citizenship.
    why cant you do that, most countries have an immigration policy and Americans usually have favorable terms from other countries for immigration and citizenship.

HeeeHAWWWW

Thank you for those links, some experts still disagree whether that tax applies to sports gambling.

In Dutch:
    https://voetbalgok.be/belastingen-voetbalwedden-belgie/

Seems to be the case in a lot of jurisdictions. I mean, you could understand why it would be declared taxable, especially for say poker players where the skill element is more clearly understood.

Practically though? Massive pita for them to oversee, for a tiny benefit. If you tax, you probably have to allow players to deduct losses. Then do you allow them to offset cost of computer/internet/etc as business expenses? :-)

In the UK we used to have a fixed 9% tax on bets until about 2001, paid with the stake, but the government figured out it would generate more tax to scrap that and simply tax profits of operators.
    Last edited by HeeeHAWWWW; 02-15-19 at 09:07 AM.

danshan11

Seems to be the case in a lot of jurisdictions. I mean, you could understand why it would be declared taxable, especially for say poker players where the skill element is more clearly understood.

Practically though? Massive pita for them to oversee, for a tiny benefit. If you tax, you probably have to allow players to deduct losses. Then do you allow them to offset cost of computer/internet/etc as business expenses? :-)

In the UK we used to have a fixed 9% tax on bets until about 2001, paid with the stake, but the government figured out it would generate more tax to scrap that and simply tax profits of operators.
    because finding a winner that actually owed taxes was harder to find than a real unicorn

Alfa1234

I always believed if you did anything profesionally in Belgium, it's taxed as regular income to which losses are deductable. After all you are taxed on your income, which means profit minus losses and deductions.

lonnie55

I always believed if you did anything profesionally in Belgium, it's taxed as regular income to which losses are deductable. After all you are taxed on your income, which means profit minus losses and deductions.
    That sounds reasonable. Same situation here in Germany. Nevertheless I do not know one pro that pays taxes and authorities did not sue anyone but a poker pro so far.

moojoo
    moojoo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

In Serbia there is no taxes on betting and gambling per se. Cheap life costs comparing to EU. Lots of local shops with online sites offering everything bet365 for example does including live betting. Same day payouts in you bank account,or you can go to shop and withdraw at sight...

SBE
    SBE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3888

What about Malta ? There are also registered (licensed in Malta) many sportsbetting companies. But I do not know how it is with any tax for professional gamblers...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

now anywhere

Poisec
    Poisec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3225

Nobody suggested Malta? the obvious choice.

seljak
    seljak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

Serbia for sure.With 1500e/month you are fck king here.Pretty girls,cheap beer... All what you need is just good VPN.

1234 ... Last