djeffectz
    djeffectz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Is bovada down for anyone?

I want to make a wager right now but i keep getting this blue screen that says, "It's time for a refill"

Kike Anderson
    Kike Anderson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 145

Site upgrade. They have been promoting it for a while.

djeffectz
    djeffectz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

sorry bro, i havent been on the site for a week or so.

Kike Anderson
    Kike Anderson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 145

Didn't mean you should have known about it. I was surprised when I couldn't log in as well. Guess they picked the best day to do it as no major sports going on today. Just hope its back up by the time the Open tees off.

7deuceoff$uit
    7deuceoff$uit's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 412

I got an email the other day about maintenance on July 18th. Should be back up tomorrow

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

bovada relaunched and is working, however i cant see any pending wagers or old transaction history.

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    bovada relaunched and is working, however i cant see any pending wagers or old transaction history.
    Same. Hopefully they get their shit together

7deuceoff$uit

Also, plastic deposits are now subject to a 10.9% fee.

dimaggio8
    dimaggio8's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 883

Quote Originally Posted by 7deuceoff$uit View Post
    Also, plastic deposits are now subject to a 10.9% fee.
    That can't be serious. 10.9%?

7deuceoff$uit

Quote Originally Posted by dimaggio8 View Post
    That can't be serious. 10.9%?
    Ridiculous.... I know, but my **** on file was 10.9. If i use new plastic they cut 5% off, basically putting it at the old fee.

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

When you login to new site, click on icon on top right corner where your balance is. In the new box that pops up, click transactions (right underneath between deposit and withdraw buttons). It'll take you to a new page; once there, click on the "open bets" tab located under the net activity amount and your pending wagers should show up.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Quote Originally Posted by mrpapageorgio View Post
    When you login to new site, click on icon on top right corner where your balance is. In the new box that pops up, click transactions (right underneath between deposit and withdraw buttons). It'll take you to a new page; once there, click on the "open bets" tab located under the net activity amount and your pending wagers should show up.
    it only shows "new" pending wagers, i.e., bets placed after the site update.

all "old" wagers, e.g. mlb future bets places months ago, do not show up. hoping this gets fixed soon. bovada not acknowledging this problem on twitter and haven't replied to my emails.

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

all "old" wagers, e.g. mlb future bets places months ago, do not show up. hoping this gets fixed soon. bovada not acknowledging this problem on twitter and haven't replied to my emails.
    It's showing both of my "old" pending wagers (pre-update), so there may be a glitch with your account.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

It's showing both of my "old" pending wagers (pre-update), so there may be a glitch with your account.
    damn, that's concerning. i just checked and i'm only seeing new bets. nothing from pre-update.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

consider yourself lucky. i just chatted with cs and he confirmed that bets placed prior to July 18th will not show up in pending wagers.

he said they are working on fixing it, but could not confirm whether it would get done. he said if they don't get this fixed, then the customer will just see the old wagers in the transaction history AFTER it is graded.

KrauseOasis
    KrauseOasis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

consider yourself lucky. i just chatted with cs and he confirmed that bets placed prior to July 18th will not show up in pending wagers.

he said they are working on fixing it, but could not confirm whether it would get done. he said if they don't get this fixed, then the customer will just see the old wagers in the transaction history AFTER it is graded.
    Good evening, my friend, I have a similar problem. My account in the bovada has closed and funds have been transferred to bodog because the bovada will not work in Latin America. I live in Brazil.It turned out that my balance was transferred but I had several future bets made in June 2018 in the 2018/2019 English premier league but were not transferred to the Bodog. They answer me emails every day saying they will fix it, but it's been five days and nothing.I'm getting worried because I do not have print of these future bets made. are more than 3 thousand dollars.Has your problem been fixed?

jbayko
    jbayko's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1259

Guys, I can shed some light on this, both because I have this issue and because I’ve spent 17 years in software development working with dozens of clients in a wide array of industries.

Never believe customer service when it comes to explaining technical issues. They don’t know what they’re talking about and are only telling you what they or their managers believe will get you off the phone or to end the conversation thread quickly.

What they have is an issue migrating old Open Bets from their old database to their new one. However, it is not affecting all Open Bets from before the July 18th cutover to their new site - only a subset.

I should have 89 old Open Wagers, but I am missing 32 for a total of over $1700 (stake). There doesn’t appear to be any rhyme or reason to which ones weren’t successfully migrated, as far as I can tell. I have some super old ones missing and some more recent ones missing too.

I am not too worried but this definitely should have been fixed by now IMO. However, as we’ve seen, these offshore books don’t always have the most competent or appropriately staffed IT teams (because they are skimping on cost for somethig which is viewed as not very important outside of times like these, I’m sure).
    Last edited by jbayko; 07-23-18 at 12:23 PM.
    Points Awarded:

mrpapageorgio gave jbayko 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

dens105
    dens105's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 486

I think they need to restore backed up data for us to see our history.

jbayko

Quote Originally Posted by dens105 View Post
    I think they need to restore backed up data for us to see our history.
    Not quite. It’s not like they lost the old data and they need to go to a backup source to restore it.

As part of their effort to transition from old Site A to new Site B, they had to move all existing data from Database A to Database B. But some of that data failed to move over for whatever reasons (there are hundreds of possibilities). So they just need to figure out why that missing data failed, fix the problem(s), and try to move it over again
    Last edited by jbayko; 07-24-18 at 10:20 AM.

jbayko

Hey @Optional, is there any way SBR can reach out to Bovada and get the scoop on this missing Open Bets issue that seems to be affecting many people?

Customer Service doesn't really say anything besides "don't worry" (in a nutshell). But I have no proof that this isn't just in line with their standard response for all site upgrade issues. "Don't worry...we're working on it! (Now stop bothering me)". We aren't talking about the lack of a search bar here. We're talking about wagers gone - money disappeared - poof!

It would be nice to hear from Bovada management (via SBR) that they are aware of this issue and are giving it the serious attention that it deserves. And some sort of timetable for when we can expect to get our wagers/money back would be nice also...or at least a commitment to provide updates vs. the information we receive now, which is nothing.
    Last edited by jbayko; 07-24-18 at 12:02 AM.

KrauseOasis

I'm really very worried. I have a total of $ 3,000 invested in future 2018/2019 English Premier League bets and it's been seven days since the upgrade the site that does not appear on my open bets.I'm starting to believe that in the upgrade our bets are gone and they can not restore.Then they will ask me to prove my bets. But I do not shoot print of all my bets, especially future bets.I'm afraid of losing money and bets.I'm really very worried.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

Quote Originally Posted by jbayko View Post
    Hey @Optional, is there any way SBR can reach out to Bovada and get the scoop on this missing Open Bets issue that seems to be affecting many people?

Customer Service doesn't really say anything besides "don't worry" (in a nutshell). But I have no proof that this isn't just in line with their standard response for all site upgrade issues. "Don't worry...we're working on it! (Now stop bothering me)". We aren't talking about the lack of a search bar here. We're talking about wagers gone - money disappeared - poof!

It would be nice to hear from Bovada management (via SBR) that they are aware of this issue and are giving it the serious attention that it deserves. And some sort of timetable for when we can expect to get our wagers/money back would be nice also...or at least a commitment to provide updates vs. the information we receive now, which is nothing.
    I have asked Admin about this

jbayko

Thank you!

PS: Yesterday, I noticed that 3 of my 32 missing Open Bets had appeared. Today, another 1 missing Open Bet has appeared. So whatever they are doing, they're making progress...albeit very slowly. Maybe they have someone typing them into the new system by hand
    Last edited by jbayko; 07-24-18 at 03:51 PM.
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave jbayko 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

KrauseOasis

finally my future bets made in May and June and July are appearing on open bets.... all right.

jbayko

Quote Originally Posted by KrauseOasis View Post
    finally my future bets made in May and June and July are appearing on open bets.... all right.
    No change here. I'm still missing 29 open bets.

FakeNews916
    FakeNews916's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1434

Is it just me or is this new and "improved" site clunky? I have a solid wifi connection, s9+ phone, and to find lines/add to a parlay and to lay the bet is delayed for up to 10 seconds sometimes.

I am in IT and this is a poorly designed upgrade. Also, did they get rid of search or is it hidden somewhere? I loved the search function

SilverSpoon111
    Do me a favor please hold this L
    SilverSpoon111's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by FakeNews916 View Post
    Is it just me or is this new and "improved" site clunky? I have a solid wifi connection, s9+ phone, and to find lines/add to a parlay and to lay the bet is delayed for up to 10 seconds sometimes.

I am in IT and this is a poorly designed upgrade. Also, did they get rid of search or is it hidden somewhere? I loved the search function
    Yea they "said" there going to be bringing the search bar back they "say" again whenever that is who knows because a number of people have been bitching about that, me peronally i dont like really like it either to much white i like the black and red also after there new update they took away Pick 3,4 and DD's in horse racing the day before Saratoga the biggest horse racing meet of the year mind blowing tbh.

7deuceoff$uit

Their live betting sucks now.

jbayko

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Has SBR received any update from Bovada management?

It has now been 60 hours since Bovada’s last message in which they assured me this would be resolved within 48 hours. I am still missing over $1700 worth of wagers, have no idea what is going on, and have no confidence that Bovada appreciates the severity of this issue.

Also, I misspoke earlier when I stated that a few of my missing wagers had appeared. I was failing to account for parlays correctly in my count. All 32 of my original missing wagers are still missing.
    Last edited by jbayko; 07-26-18 at 03:02 PM.

temple2010
    temple2010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4189

they can't even fix the baseball wagering to show listed pitchers vs action bets- must be rocket science I guess- WTF

jbayko

It's difficult to tell because Bovada is not providing any updates, but reading between the lines in a message I recently received from Bovada, it appears that they might believe this issue is resolved. So I just spent another half an hour going through my Open Bets one-by-one.

Unsurprisingly, I am still missing 7 wagers. This whole ordeal has been a disaster. I keep wasting my time testing the data migration that Bovada should have tested themselves in the first place before telling their customers that everything was a-ok.

temple2010
    temple2010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4189

Quote Originally Posted by temple2010 View Post
    they can't even fix the baseball wagering to show listed pitchers vs action bets- must be rocket science I guess- WTF
    this is fixed now

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

It's difficult to tell because Bovada is not providing any updates, but reading between the lines in a message I recently received from Bovada, it appears that they might believe this issue is resolved. So I just spent another half an hour going through my Open Bets one-by-one.

Unsurprisingly, I am still missing 7 wagers. This whole ordeal has been a disaster. I keep wasting my time testing the data migration that Bovada should have tested themselves in the first place before telling their customers that everything was a-ok.
    I understand your concern. It's dragging out a long time now.

Have they actually directly told you your account is right now?

If they have, send in a complaint form with a copy of that message, and a list of the missing bets, and SBR can reach out to them about that.

But if they are still asking you to wait, that's pretty much all they are going to say to SBR too.

They are a good/big book. You can be pretty certain they will get it sorted out.

jbayko

I understand your concern. It's dragging out a long time now.

Have they actually directly told you your account is right now?

If they have, send in a complaint form with a copy of that message, and a list of the missing bets, and SBR can reach out to them about that.

But if they are still asking you to wait, that's pretty much all they are going to say to SBR too.

They are a good/big book. You can be pretty certain they will get it sorted out.
    The problem is I am not speaking to anyone of significance. So I'm pretty sure these front-line customer service reps have no idea and they don't share any useful information. I thought they were telling me in the last cryptic message that it was fixed. I don't know if I was wrong or if I interpreted it correctly but they claimed victory too early.

I called them again today and didn't get anywhere. I'm expecting a call back from a supervisor...maybe.
    No complaint to be filed yet. Let's see what this guy has to say.

jbayko

The problem is I am not speaking to anyone of significance. So I'm pretty sure these front-line customer service reps have no idea and they don't share any useful information. I thought they were telling me in the last cryptic message that it was fixed. I don't know if I was wrong or if I interpreted it correctly but they claimed victory too early.

I called them again today and didn't get anywhere. I'm expecting a call back from a supervisor...maybe.
    No complaint to be filed yet. Let's see what this guy has to say.
    It has now been exactly 3 weeks since I last spoke with a Bovada supervisor and he assured me that my remaining 3 missing open bets would be added to the system shortly. Those 3 open bets are still missing. Even worse, 3 additional open bets which were not missing on 7/29 have since gone missing! These 3 new missing wagers are future bets, so it is impossible for them to have been graded yet. But just in case, I checked the transactions list, and there is no record of them at all. They simply disappeared!

Bovada transitioned to their new software on July 18th - one month ago. It is simply unacceptable for wagers to still be missing from their system. In fact, I'm sure that they're no longer working on this issue, which is even worse. Anyone who has ever moved data from one database to another knows that you have to compare the keys (which would be Wager # here) between source and target systems to make sure that no records are missing. Their technical team just didn't do their job correctly. And they've left me having to do their testing FOR THEM. I've now had to compare my old wagers with their new system a half dozen times. And because of the new sh*tty way that they display wagers where you have to open up each one individually to see it, this exercise takes about an hour each time to perform.

Thank god I had a record of all my wagers. I wonder how many customers have had futures $ stolen from them because of this issue and still have no idea.

Unacceptable.
    Last edited by jbayko; 08-19-18 at 04:30 AM.

12 Last