Kenny King
    Kenny King's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 642

Through May 26, 2016 the Reliever Plays were 73-55. We aren't far off pace, only 5 games on the W/L ratio which is really all that matters! Slow and steady wins the race. Do you remember what your longest winning and losing streaks were last year DD? I THINK the longest slide so far this year was 6. I have no idea what the longest win streak has been so far. I know none of this really matters, but I'm a numbers guy and love stats.

Any chance the regular plays will be coming back?
    Last edited by Kenny King; 05-25-17 at 08:28 AM.

doubledime
    doubledime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8870

Points Awarded:
    PokeyAristocrat gave doubledime 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Thanks Pokey

doubledime

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny King View Post
    Through May 26, 2016 the Reliever Plays were 73-55. We aren't far off pace, only 5 games on the W/L ratio which is really all that matters! Slow and steady wins the race. Do you remember what your longest winning and losing streaks were last year DD? I THINK the longest slide so far this year was 6. I have no idea what the longest win streak has been so far. I know none of this really matters, but I'm a numbers guy and love stats.

Any chance the regular plays will be coming back?

I don't remember exactly, but I think 6 was the longest win and also loss streak I had last year, but I really do not know for sure.

I may start some regular plays soon. It's really a time thing right now for me.

doubledime

Good morning,

Reliever Plays:

Yesterday: 01-1
    YTD: 56-43

Regular Plays:

Yesterday 0
    YTD: 0-7

doubledime

Good morning,

Reliever Sides:

Yesterday: 2-1 +1.45 units
    YTD: 4-6 -2.05

VMI:

Yesterday: 0
    YTD: 0-3 -3.25 units
    Last edited by doubledime; 05-25-17 at 12:56 PM.

doubledime

Good morning,

The Reliever Play for Thursday:

Pit/Atl over 9 (early game)

The Reliever Sides:

See post #475 for explanation of Reliever Sides and VMI

St. Louis
    Boston
    (Too big of a fav for my taste but it fits the Reliever criteria)

No VMI play today

Good luck
    Last edited by doubledime; 05-25-17 at 09:28 AM.
    Points Awarded:

JamesC gave doubledime 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

doubledime

Points Awarded:
    JamesC gave doubledime 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Thanks JC, always appreciated.

doubledime

Quote Originally Posted by doubledime View Post
    Good morning,

The Reliever Play for Thursday:

Pit/Atl over 9 (early game
    Strange game. 5 runs in the top of the second and it looked as if it was going to be an easy winner. Then a couple of more runs in the 5th, but needed the relievers to do their part to get us the winner.

DD
    Points Awarded:

RetardStrength gave doubledime 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

doubledime

Points Awarded:
    RetardStrength gave doubledime 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Thanks RS

bozeman
    bozeman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5145

ur thread just shows us how baseball is the only sport to be predicted by numbers

SlickRick1382
    If hustlin' is a must; be Sosa, not Tony
    SlickRick1382's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11517

Anything for evening games?

doubledime

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick1382 View Post
    Anything for evening games?
    Just noticed your question. The Reliever Plays are always released all at once, (unless I miss one) since they are always based on just past 1 to 3 days, so once I post them, 98% of the time, that's it.

doubledime

Quote Originally Posted by bozeman View Post
    ur thread just shows us how baseball is the only sport to be predicted by numbers
    IMHO that is very true and here is the main reason. Baseball is the only sport where emotion does not play a big factor in the game. For example, in hoops the players are constantly touching the ball and constantly involved in offence and defense. Therefore, if they are on an emotional high and really want to play hard they can make a difference. Whereas, in baseball if you are the center fielder you may only touch the ball 3-5 times in a game and only bat 3-4 times in a game and if the pitcher so desires they can walk you and "take you out of the game." A baseball player can be on an emotional high but they just don't get the opportunity to make a difference.

That's also why pitching is so important since they are controlling the ball more than any other player on the field and emotion will be more of a factor.

DD

doubledime

Good morning,

Reliever Plays:

Yesterday: 1-0
    YTD: 57-43

Regular Plays:

Yesterday 0
    YTD: 0-7

doubledime

Good morning,

Reliever Sides:

Yesterday: 1-1 + 0 units
    YTD: 5-7 -2.05

VMI:

Yesterday: 0
    YTD: 0-3 -3.25 units

HeeluvaGuy
    HeeluvaGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3926

IMHO that is very true and here is the main reason. Baseball is the only sport where emotion does not play a big factor in the game. For example, in hoops the players are constantly touching the ball and constantly involved in offence and defense. Therefore, if they are on an emotional high and really want to play hard they can make a difference. Whereas, in baseball if you are the center fielder you may only touch the ball 3-5 times in a game and only bat 3-4 times in a game and if the pitcher so desires they can walk you and "take you out of the game." A baseball player can be on an emotional high but they just don't get the opportunity to make a difference.

That's also why pitching is so important since they are controlling the ball more than any other player on the field and emotion will be more of a factor.

DD
    Hey now ... there's plenty of reliable math in college basketball totals.

Glad to see the thread off to a good start this year. Have a great holiday weekend DD!

doubledime

Quote Originally Posted by HeeluvaGuy View Post
    Hey now ... there's plenty of reliable math in college basketball totals.

Glad to see the thread off to a good start this year. Have a great holiday weekend DD!
    Thanks HG, good hearing from you again.

Agree about the reliable math in college hoops but, I feel emotion plays a bigger role in hoops than bases, and thus has to be figured into the equation when handicapping much more than in bases.

You too have a great and profitable Holiday weekend.

DU46
    DU46's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3146

Anything for today DD?

doubledime

Good afternoon,

Almost forgot to post since there were no Reliever Plays

No Reliever Plays

The Reliever Sides:

Reds
    Pit
    Cubs
    SF
    Toro
    Balt

VMI Play:

SF

See post #475 for explanation of Reliever Sides and VMI

Good luck

doubledime

Quote Originally Posted by DU46 View Post
    Anything for today DD?
    My auditor/reminder

DU46

My auditor/reminder

Just doing my job!

Kenny King
    Kenny King's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 642

I have been doing well following the reliever plays, but tonight because there weren't any I completely lost my discipline and dented my bankroll with the other plays that are for tracking purposes only. I hate when I sabotage myself like that. It's hard to mentally shake it off and move forward. I am so pissed at myself right now.

juicername
    Thomorino - Fade and Get Paid
    juicername's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3972

I have been doing well following the reliever plays, but tonight because there weren't any I completely lost my discipline and dented my bankroll with the other plays that are for tracking purposes only. I hate when I sabotage myself like that. It's hard to mentally shake it off and move forward. I am so pissed at myself right now.
    Been there, done that. Key is to not be too hard on yourself, what's done is done and no good will come from chasing to try and get back to where the bankroll was quickly. Instead you should try and realize WHY you did what you did in order to try and prevent it in the future. Most likely you placed a bunch of bets because you were bored and needed action? It's hard to eliminate those bets completely if you're a bit of a degenerate, so my tip is to make it a habit of playing those "action induced" plays with much smaller stake than your "scheduled" plays.

PokeyAristocrat
    PokeyAristocrat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1154

We've all been there man. Just try and shake it off best as possible. BOL going forward, and again, big thanks to DD for what he does

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by juicername View Post
    Been there, done that. Key is to not be too hard on yourself, what's done is done and no good will come from chasing to try and get back to where the bankroll was quickly. Instead you should try and realize WHY you did what you did in order to try and prevent it in the future. Most likely you placed a bunch of bets because you were bored and needed action? It's hard to eliminate those bets completely if you're a bit of a degenerate, so my tip is to make it a habit of playing those "action induced" plays with much smaller stake than your "scheduled" plays.
    Forget that, don't play them period. I say that with love. It's taken so much of my life to actually act right but ultimately you gotta find discipline to succeed. My issue was I treated being up like free money and it no such thing, once I stopped looking at it like that things became easier. Couldn't tell you how many seasons on paper I did great but didn't make shit cause my poor mentality. It too hard to win at this already, why give back for sake of action!?!? Gotta be more diverse in life and have other interest that keeps one from simply looking for action..

juicername
    Thomorino - Fade and Get Paid
    juicername's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3972

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Forget that, don't play them period. I say that with love. It's taken so much of my life to actually act right but ultimately you gotta find discipline to succeed. My issue was I treated being up like free money and it no such thing, once I stopped looking at it like that things became easier. Couldn't tell you how many seasons on paper I did great but didn't make shit cause my poor mentality. It too hard to win at this already, why give back for sake of action!?!? Gotta be more diverse in life and have other interest that keeps one from simply looking for action..
    Fair enough. Unfortunately action junkies gonna action junkie. The point about being more diverse in life is absolute key though. No doubt several bankroll would have been saved if we could walk away from the computer to do something else instead of pushing bets.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by juicername View Post
    Fair enough. Unfortunately action junkies gonna action junkie. The point about being more diverse in life is absolute key though. No doubt several bankroll would have been saved if we could walk away from the computer to do something else instead of pushing bets.
    Obviously if it a must your suggestion beats the alternative but does that satisfy the beast? I mean the action doesn't hold same intensity when stakes lowered, from my experience anyways..

like I said I'm saying all this with love and understanding as god knows we all got the action junkie in us! Years back when I got serious about actually turning profit I honestly had one my brothers make all my plays and no access to my accounts so I couldn't do anything dumb! Lol.. after awhile I realized how rediculous it was I couldn't control myself and got a handle on things. Other hobbies/interest helped a great deal, realizing individual games mean very little helped a ton, I love baseball so I still watch a decent amount but I don't nessicarily go looking for a game I have a wager on. That in itself was a adjustment as like most of us I had gotten to point I had no interest watching if I had nothing on the line. I found it very freeing when I got a handle on it all.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: juicername

Mackballs
    Mackballs's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12393

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Obviously if it a must your suggestion beats the alternative but does that satisfy the beast? I mean the action doesn't hold same intensity when stakes lowered, from my experience anyways..

like I said I'm saying all this with love and understanding as god knows we all got the action junkie in us! Years back when I got serious about actually turning profit I honestly had one my brothers make all my plays and no access to my accounts so I couldn't do anything dumb! Lol.. after awhile I realized how rediculous it was I couldn't control myself and got a handle on things. Other hobbies/interest helped a great deal, realizing individual games mean very little helped a ton, I love baseball so I still watch a decent amount but I don't nessicarily go looking for a game I have a wager on. That in itself was a adjustment as like most of us I had gotten to point I had no interest watching if I had nothing on the line. I found it very freeing when I got a handle on it all.
    Bank, what did you do to get a handle on it? I feel like I'm at that point right now in my life that you are referencing. I follow the plays of a couple guys that are proven to turn profits season after season, yet I find myself losing every season due to action bets and pushing bets for more money when these guys go on a bit of a dip. I just wish I could place the bets I'm taking for the amount I set for myself, turn off my account for the night, not check scores all night, and then log in in the am and see the results. I guess for me it's hard to imagine actually winning over the course of an entire season because these down swings take a toll on me mentally and emotionally. I feel like if there's 5, 6, 7 losses in a row that I just want to quit or bet more to get back that losing streak quickly. If I could just understand that variance is inevitable and that it's about the season as a whole (fukkin 6 month season to when talking bases) then I would be fine and Probably make some cash just tailing these select guys. I guess I'm a victim of the instant gratification illness that a lot of losers suffer from. This was more of a vent as a I can't sleep this morning due to all of it snd wanted to at least get it out there. Sorry for the bitch session DD.

2daBank

There no easy answer brother, some of things I mentioned helped. I'm kinda out of time this morning as my day beginning. I don't wanna clog DD's thread anymore, if you would like you can pm me and I'll get back to you later this evening and try to give you some suggestions that helped me. Honestly coming to the realization that you seem to be is the biggest step so you on your way!

doubledime

KK It's happened to most is not all of us at one time. This is why I have second thoughts just posting these. I try to warn everyone by stressing I'm doing it so we can all track them together. I even put this in BOLD AND RED font.

It's taken me over 40 years of handicapping to learn discipline and I still can deviate occasionally. I recommend the book Don't Sweat The Small Stuff" ......and it's all small stuff. One quote in is goes something like this: "In a year from now, will it really make a difference?"

DD

doubledime

Good morning,

Reliever Sides:

Yesterday: 2-4 -1.85 units
    YTD: 5-7 -3.90

VMI:

Yesterday: 0-1 -1.05 units
    YTD: 0-4 -4.30 units

doubledime

Good morning,

No Reliever Plays for Saturday

Reliever Side:

Mets

No VMI Play

May have a Regular Play later this afternoon.

Good luck

doubledime

No more plays for Saturday

Good luck

DU46

Thanks DD, have a good evening.

bozeman
    bozeman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5145

i am on metz too by the way - hope they finish as well as they started had i read your thread before i would have doubled my bet

First ... 12131415161718 ... Last