king7811
    Update your status
    king7811's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 517

Do you use a tipster service?

Do you know a good tipster service useful for a newbie like me? Or is it not necessary? Sorry but I'm at the beginning and I need help
    Points Awarded:

cincinnatikid513 gave king7811 12 Betpoint(s) for this post.

sriks1391
    Update your status
    sriks1391's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

Quote Originally Posted by king7811 View Post
    Do you know a good tipster service useful for a newbie like me? Or is it not necessary? Sorry but I'm at the beginning and I need help

you can take a look at all the best handicapping services here:

http://betverify.com/verified-handicappers/

my reccomendation for newbies is zcode. it is a community for bettors, you can learn a lot about placing sportbets.

http://zcodesystem.com/
    http://www.bettingtools.biz/zcodesys...nd-free-trial/

achilleas 21
    achilleas 21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

1) dont use any service yet.first try to learn about money managment.otherwise you can loose all your money even if the tipster service is good
    2)when is the time to bet ,after some months or more,dont use any service before you double check first their profit ,roi ,hit rate and be sure that there are no mistakes at their maths/numbers/correct time of picked vagers

3)dont use any service that promise you crazy winnings especially if is paid service.There are a lot of jerks in the web that will try to set you up cause they will get comission from your money that you will lost and you will lost for sure money since you are a new bettor. .
    4)learn first all thinks about bookies.Where to bet,wich rules they have different than others..
    5)at the beginning bet very small amounts just to see what is happening and get experience.All those money you will use at the beginning ,just forget about them ,propably they are already lost.Just think that you will pay something like tax or fees for just to learn how to bet.
    Points Awarded:

icaroleite89 gave achilleas 21 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BigGoatDaddy

BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

therber2 who used to post here until the beitches drove him away does procomputegambler is the best in my opinion, and I have no shame in promoting him. NFL is consistent year after year, and last year one office pool I was in exclusively used his picks and nailed 3rd of 70... the other forum has his picks now anyhow...

maheshwari2012
    maheshwari2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Do not use tipster service that charge money for its services because no matter how sure their bets are, their bets can lose. bettingexpert.com is the best free betting community.

king7811
    Update your status
    king7811's Avatar Become A Pro!

You are right! Thanks, guys

Dan Kelly
    Update your status
    Dan Kelly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

The main thing a new bettor must know is that tipsters are FIRST AND FOREMOST marketers. Tipsters primary concern is getting money from bettors for their picks, their secondary concern is picking winners.

BoL

mcfugly
    mcfugly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 411

Tipsters are a joke. If they could pick winners then why would they be desperately trying to get your money to buy their picks
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Dan Kelly

BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

Quote Originally Posted by mcfugly View Post
    Tipsters are a joke. If they could pick winners then why would they be desperately trying to get your money to buy their picks
    Some people - oddly enough - like to help people for some strange reason. You're point is valid, why would they when they can live in Vegas and just pound the sht out of their picks.

I guess that's the part of life that's funny... not everyone follows the same playbook.

I do know though, last year, following the raw numbers of the guy I mentioned in this thread on every game - I shared 3rd place in 60 guys in my office spread pool... and so far this year I'm top 10... My BTP picks are also a combination of his and mine.. so far top 100...

Ultimately I think the market bares if you suck, or if you don't... unless you are a Lang where people buy your picks to fade...

I don't know

Gaze73
    Gaze73's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1192

Quote Originally Posted by mcfugly View Post
    Easy. Let's say you make $10k a month with your picks. Now if you get just 100 subscribers paying $100 a month you will make an extra $10k just for sharing, and you'll get emails of gratiude to boot.

Dewey_Cheatum
    I got 5 on it
    Dewey_Cheatum's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Years ago when i was still in school

some friends + I went in on

DR BOB's?? pick subscription service

I think that was the guy

Long story short, the prior year the guy was 60% correct

the year we all chipped in

he was less than 25% correct.

We all lost money, buyer beware

Carlos Prada
    Carlos Prada's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Tipsters

It's so difficult to find good tipsters!!
    There are a lot of scammers in tipsters world, so.....be careful

Jnelson1182
    MBF
    Jnelson1182's Avatar Become A Pro!

^^^ agreed. What I have started doing is using a few different sites that off both paid picks as well as some free ones along with game wroteups an kinda take in all the information I can find before making my bet. I just can't hustiy paying someone else to make my bet for me when I am just as capable of doing the research myself an using the money I save on bets loll.

Capitols44
    Capitols44's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah heres a tip take a bath every day. no seriously if you are buying tips you should be fading them most of the time other wise get out of gambling.

aliceinchains
    aliceinchains's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 757

i recommend you not to rely on tipsters so much, learn it yourself first. so that you can compare them and make judgements about them. of course time to time it's good to check what they think about some particular matches but like everybody else they also have a chance of losing. and it's the reason that i am especially against paid tipsters unless they can see the future.

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33414

NO! Touts are leaches on sportsbettors. If they really had special info that would allow them to win, they would bet their info themselves and become rich. I have known touts who are sincere, but even still the edge on a winning bet is small, and paying for picks will wipe out that edge unless you are betting huge.

Just bet your own picks. Even if you lose, you will lose less than you would paying for picks.