onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyMayo View Post
    Quite possibly the two most ignorant responses I have ever read in my life... Having no food is an excuse to shoot at your helping hand? What were they defending themselves against??? EACH OTHER...not the help that was being provided. And NO, no sane man would shoot at their help
    the most advanced country has a natural disaster in their own backyard and it takes days for aid to arrive of course im gonna bust some of those motherfuckers, its a learning experience. air supplies dont take days, u and i both know that if u dont then ur the ignornat racist. let some shit like this happen in new england, there would be motherfuckers ready to wipe their ass before they had time to take a shit.

OnlyMayo
    OnlyMayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

I was put on alert before Katrina even hit. We were flying down there and evacuating people days before....Its not the countries fault that the governor of Louisiana decided to wait until the last minute to evacuate New Orleans. There was help there days BEFORE Katrina hit, I was a part of it, don't tell me it took days for help to arrive!
    Points Awarded:

rsnnh12 gave OnlyMayo 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

onetrickpony

Also correct. The governor controls the National Guard assets when they are not mobilized...So why is the blame on Bush and not on the Governor of Louisiana? Why are some making this a racial thing when the governor of Louisiana (who had control of the aid) was black?
    when state of emergency is declared its a federal issue at which point fema takes over. fema should have been prepared if they knew a hurricane the magnitude of Katrina was coming. why wasnt fema ready? can u tell me that? i dont give a shit if ppl were given a chance to get out of there, there is no way u can evacuate a million plus in such short period.

OnlyMayo

I think its safe to say its not 100% the government's job to evacuate everyone. They issue the evacuation order, some may require assistance to get out but others need to take the advice and get out. Not sit around and wait.

FEMA is a whole different story in itself, and may or may not could of been controlled differently.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by onetrickpony View Post
    when state of emergency is declared its a federal issue at which point fema takes over. fema should have been prepared if they knew a hurricane the magnitude of Katrina was coming. why wasnt fema ready? can u tell me that? i dont give a shit if ppl were given a chance to get out of there, there is no way u can evacuate a million plus in such short period.
    What did you expect FEMA to do? They found out how serious it was at the same time everyone else did... and while a state of emergency was declared before it got bad, I'm pretty sure there is more that the governor needs to do before the President is allowed to order troops in.

The biggest problem was too many people thought they could ride out the storm, as they had countless times before. Katrina was on a whole other level, though.

Hopefully our country learns from the mistakes made, and nothing gets mismanaged this bad again

OnlyMayo

I got to go to bed..

Look, if you were affected personally by Katrina then I am sorry. I don't know how that feels. It was a Natural Disaster. One that no one could prepare for or know what to do after. But don't downplay what I was involved in which was the evacuation and help after it hit. Something of that magnitude is not something anyone can be prepared for, so there will be flaws. Help was there. We were there. It was overwhelming and no matter what anyone says, nothing within ANYONE'S power could of made everyone happy! Also, my heart and prayers go out to those affected by the disaster in Japan!

onetrickpony

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    What did you expect FEMA to do? They found out how serious it was at the same time everyone else did... and while a state of emergency was declared before it got bad, I'm pretty sure there is more that the governor needs to do before the President is allowed to order troops in. The biggest problem was too many people thought they could ride out the storm, as they had countless times before. Katrina was on a whole other level, though. Hopefully our country learns from the mistakes made, and nothing gets mismanaged this bad again
    yeah thats what happened they had no clue that it was a cat 1 then cat 3 then it didnt make landfall they had no clue, i mean how would they know. 2 days before it made landfall, W bush declared a state of emergency on their behalf.

onetrickpony

I got to go to bed.. Look, if you were affected personally by Katrina then I am sorry. I don't know how that feels. It was a Natural Disaster. One that no one could prepare for or know what to do after. But don't downplay what I was involved in which was the evacuation and help after it hit. Something of that magnitude is not something anyone can be prepared for, so there will be flaws. Help was there. We were there. It was overwhelming and no matter what anyone says, nothing within ANYONE'S power could of made everyone happy! Also, my heart and prayers go out to those affected by the disaster in Japan!
    i dont give 2 shits what happened to those ppl, i slept like a baby during and after the event. its funny how white ppl will go to such great lengths to prove something thats not allowable esp in the us of a. that situation could have been handled soooo much better but it wasnt and thats all im saying. just admit bush,fema,govt handled it wrong, beating a dead horse is not gonna make it from wrong to right.

OnlyMayo

i dont give 2 shits what happened to those ppl, i slept like a baby during and after the event. its funny how white ppl will go to such great lengths to prove something thats not allowable esp in the us of a. that situation could have been handled soooo much better but it wasnt and thats all im saying. just admit bush,fema,govt handled it wrong, beating a dead horse is not gonna make it from wrong to right.
    If you want to be a racist moron than ok, "black people" could of handled it sooo much better! Does that make you feel better....Obama is doing such a great job!

You may say Bush didn't help people in Louisana, but Obama just ****** up EVERYONE'S health care...

By the way, you are more than welcome to move to a communist country if you are unhappy with the way the US is running.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by Carseller4 View Post
    The people expecting government help after Katrina were put in that position because they relied on government help in the first place.
    Says the point addict...

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

u never been in that situation so its easy for u to pop off at the mouth. those niggas didnt have food and basic necessities, hmm survive or wait for aid that may or may not come. fuking moron
    Repubs= hating hypocrites...

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Repubs= hating hypocrites...
    Dems= lazy wimps...

Aren't stereotypes fun?

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    Dems= lazy wimps...

Aren't stereotypes fun?
    Lazy wimps?????

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Many Red states= welfare states..... Lazy???

rsnnh12

Lazy wimps?????
    Oh, you have a problem with that stereotype? Its the equivalent of your Repub comment...

onetrickpony

Lazy wimps?????
    i think he meant to use this .

rsnnh12

Many Red states= welfare states..... Lazy???
    Oh really? Because almost 30% of the nations welfare recipients are in these 10 counties- LA, NYC, Philadelphia, Cook (Chicago), Sacramento, Shelby (Memphis), San Diego, Baltimore City, Fresno, and DC. Guess which party at least 8 of the 10 support? (don't feel like looking up San Diego and Fresno)
    Last edited by rsnnh12; 03-14-11 at 02:38 AM.

treece
    treece's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    obama had nothing to do with getting help to japan
    obama has nothing to do with anything. a classic puppet.

ElLoco23
    ElLoco23's Avatar Become A Pro!

Whats the matter with these Japanese people. how come they arent looting and stealing? lol

Marigold HD
    Marigold HD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47737

I heard japan ask for help from new zealand and australia only. The us invited themselves to the party. As they always do. Take care of your own people.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

my guess is japan means more to the US than new orleans

Fed_42420
    Fed_42420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 227

I got to go to bed..

Look, if you were affected personally by Katrina then I am sorry. I don't know how that feels. It was a Natural Disaster. One that no one could prepare for or know what to do after. But don't downplay what I was involved in which was the evacuation and help after it hit. Something of that magnitude is not something anyone can be prepared for, so there will be flaws. Help was there. We were there. It was overwhelming and no matter what anyone says, nothing within ANYONE'S power could of made everyone happy! Also, my heart and prayers go out to those affected by the disaster in Japan!
    At least you can admit they made alot of mistakes! One of those was going home to home to take peoples guns in prominent neighborhoods. These people where doing nothing but defending themselves with these guns and taking them was WRONG!!! So when you said my response was ignorant earlier you are wrong. It doesn't matter who or what they needed to defend themselves against they have that right and needed there guns. Taking them was not helping anyone in any way so the people taking them where not helping! Therefore when I said I would shoot at them too if they tried to take my guns, I was right and I would. If you wouldn't you need to educate yourself on why you should!

falconticket
    falconticket's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1762

They refused the help initially that was available at a minutes notice. What were you living under a rock? This was freely available information.

tad0matic
    tad0matic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2027

didn't see any japs out shoooting at aid workers coz they are made welfare checks weren't delivered in time.

tad0matic
    tad0matic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2027

Quote Originally Posted by Fed_42420 View Post
    At least you can admit they made alot of mistakes! One of those was going home to home to take peoples guns in prominent neighborhoods. These people where doing nothing but defending themselves with these guns and taking them was WRONG!!! So when you said my response was ignorant earlier you are wrong. It doesn't matter who or what they needed to defend themselves against they have that right and needed there guns. Taking them was not helping anyone in any way so the people taking them where not helping! Therefore when I said I would shoot at them too if they tried to take my guns, I was right and I would. If you wouldn't you need to educate yourself on why you should!
    if you chose to live in a chocolate city then you should chose to arm yourselves too. LIke always they only try to take the guns away from the law ab\iding citizens and let the drug dealing pimps run amock.

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

One thing for sure in life/govt. etc. It takes blowing/making a mistake to learn how to do it the right way.

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3691

There has been little to no Looting in Japan since the disaster. I think this proves that desperate situations/poverty does not cause crime. Criminals cause crime and they can't wait for an excuse to cause it.

txmagnolia2
    txmagnolia2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

There were buses in new orleans in 12 hours.

First 12