robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

pa 9.99 lb

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    lobstermen are cutthroat mf'ers...you can't get into maine's coastal waters for fishing unless your family has been in it for a long time...guys will cut all your lines sending traps to the bottom forever...real low-life cokksuckers will even steal your catch and send traps back down without baiting, etc...it's illegal for lobstermen to carry guns on the boat because back in the day it was nothing to have shootouts on the water...these guys are hard as fukk.
    Really dirty business for the most part. My ex-roommate (from New Hampshire) said he and his dad poached some pots before. He was a real selfish ass.

Grass
    Grass's Avatar Become A Pro!

I thought lobster any other way than steamed is a sin... that is until I had a lobster roll. Thing was delicious with a little mayo.

cbiscuit
    cbiscuit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1714

Quote Originally Posted by MadTiger View Post
    Really dirty business for the most part. My ex-roommate (from New Hampshire) said he and his dad poached some pots before. He was a real selfish ass.
    Do not mess with anyone's lobster pots, they WILL come after you! As a rule they are dead serious about that and very competitive and territorial amongst each other.

FWIW, about 15 years ago I had so much lobster that summer that I literally got sick of it and stayed off it for a few years. For whatever reason it was like any time I socialized or summer places I stayed at, lobster was everywhere.

I have been to at least 3 places where they claim they have the best lobster rolls in the world. They were all superb but it's hard to claim "best"... it's all about amount of mayo, trust me. I think it's like the restaurant just puts out a sign claiming 'best lobster roll in town' and most people buy into it and believe it.

Manaconda
    Manaconda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1292

man i was at a nice resturaunt the other night where a 1.5lb lobster was $65, even if theyre selling them at half that price theyre makin a killing on them!

ejfel01
    ejfel01's Avatar Become A Pro!

Never eaten one in my life. How is it? Has that swamp taste to it like other fishes I tasted?

Bongo
    Bongo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I had lobster a few times. Really good

masr
    masr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5933

Quote Originally Posted by ejfel01 View Post
    Never eaten one in my life. How is it? Has that swamp taste to it like other fishes I tasted?
    That shit is great...add some melted buteer and lemon...mmm

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!

They have a seafood buffet at a hotel in Matamoras, Pa on Fri/Sat. it is about $60 or $65. They have all the lobsters you could eat. About 1lbs or a little more. it is a fun time.

Shack
    Shack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Wow interesting tidbits I wasn't aware of. I like shrimp and lobster about the same. By itself I think shrimp tastes better. But I love my variety.

First 12