HotStreak
    Smokin'
    HotStreak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 901

UPS Missing Package. Anyone Dealt With This?

UPS tracking says they left the package at front door Monday. I was home all day and nothing.

I am positive the driver made no effort to ring the doorbell and physically hand the package to someone. UPS call center told me to contact the seller to deal with it. I have not heard back from the seller yet. Seller is a good sized company not an individual.

In the end, If I am told it must have been stolen from my front porch. Tough luck. Am I within my rights to dispute the CC transaction.

Value of items is around $100.

Thanks for sharing any experiences.

dbartinbwgc
    dbartinbwgc's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21563

I had the problem with FedEx not UPS.
    I am guessing the procedure would be about the same.
    Call them, they will call your local UPS and Talk to the Driver.
    Then They will call you back.
    Then send you a form to fill out.
    Send it back and they will cut you a check.
    The whole process took about a month for me, but that
    was over christmas/new years and the driver took a week off
    so they couldn't talk to him.
    Also it depends what that value of the package they have a limit
    unless you bought extra insurance.
    Probably around $100 mine was only $80

DEP78
    DEP78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

Check with your neighbors. A couple of years ago I was waiting for a package and tracked it while at work and it said delivered to my house. Got home, no package. Looked on the porch, back deck, side of the house - nada. They were no help, but they said they would call the driver. The driver said he left it in the garage. What? The garage door was closed all day. Went outside and saw my neighbor's garage door opened. Looked in his garage and there was the package. He didn't even know the package was in there. UPS didn't leave anything on his door or even ring his doorbell. They just put the package in his garage and took off.

Long story short. Call and get more info like the name of the guy who signed for it (if someone did). And definitely ask your neighbors - especially the couple on each side of you.

Good luck
    Last edited by DEP78; 03-10-11 at 06:18 PM.

HotStreak
    Smokin'
    HotStreak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 901

So after going back and forth with UPS and telling them I do not want stuff left on my porch, they say they will put a note on my address letting the driver know and that they will no longer just leave things.

The replacement package for my missing package came last week, and was left on my porch. Fuknuts.

djefferis
    djefferis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 437

typical UPS - only use fedex when I have a choice

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

I dunno what's the deal with these guys. I seen them once, knock on a woman's door twice, then drop the package and take off to the truck. Reminded me when I was a kid, playing ring and run.

PDW
    PDW's Avatar Become A Pro!

UPS drivers are the laziest koksmokers on the planet.

mrpooh
    mrpooh's Avatar Become A Pro!

if you want it done right, go with fedex

Brewers in 7
    SBR owes me 45 points
    Brewers in 7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1303

I had UPS do the same thing, it was for my HD box for FIOS, i live in a apartment complex with a private outside entrance and a hallway inside entrance. the tracking said it was delivered on a tuesday and i never got anything, it said it was left by the front door. i checked both doors, under my grill even where the mailboxes are, and nothing.. on thursday i happened to go out back to another entrance to my building and there is a box sitting in the stairwell, the guy dropped the box nowhere near our apartment and not even on the right floor.. Of course UPS did nothing when i told them about this..

sundin4prez
    sundin4prez's Avatar Become A Pro!

i have and ups told me to directly deal with the seller. in my case i had to call (newegg) and then they said give them 2 weeks to investigate and if they find something they would let me know and if not they would just resend my order...

best of luck...

BuckeyeT
    BuckeyeT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Typical UPS for ya.

Thats why anything i have delivered by them i always want a "signature required" so that way i know i will get the package and if no one is home to sign for it they take it back and try again the next day.

FedEx and DHL are much better.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

ive had ups forge my signature and leave the package on my porch except it wasnt even addressed to me.

and a package was opened and taped back. i suspect it was the driver.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by DEP78 View Post
    Check with your neighbors. A couple of years ago I was waiting for a package and tracked it while at work and it said delivered to my house. Got home, no package. Looked on the porch, back deck, side of the house - nada. They were no help, but they said they would call the driver. The driver said he left it in the garage. What? The garage door was closed all day. Went outside and saw my neighbor's garage door opened. Looked in his garage and there was the package. He didn't even know the package was in there. UPS didn't leave anything on his door or even ring his doorbell. They just put the package in his garage and took off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewers in 7 View Post
    I had UPS do the same thing, it was for my HD box for FIOS, i live in a apartment complex with a private outside entrance and a hallway inside entrance. the tracking said it was delivered on a tuesday and i never got anything, it said it was left by the front door. i checked both doors, under my grill even where the mailboxes are, and nothing.. on thursday i happened to go out back to another entrance to my building and there is a box sitting in the stairwell, the guy dropped the box nowhere near our apartment and not even on the right floor.. Of course UPS did nothing when i told them about this..
    Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    ive had ups forge my signature and leave the package on my porch except it wasnt even addressed to me.

and a package was opened and taped back. i suspect it was the driver.

That's pretty funny.

WileOut
    WileOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

UPS does seem to have less employment standards for their drivers than UPS. Fedex just seems more professional but maybe it's just my area.

nyjets15
    nyjets15's Avatar Become A Pro!

sounds like a pain in the ass

Full Time Hobo
    In a Box
    Full Time Hobo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3676

Isn't it required that you sign a paper from the driver upon delivery if the items being delivered are over a certain price?

Grass
    Grass's Avatar Become A Pro!

Was having an iPhone delivered to house one day, FedEx website said attempted delivery but I was there the whole time, WTF? So I called them up, and told them to tell the driver to re-route his ass back and he did. Shady looking character when he showed up I asked what happened, and he said 'oh I went to unit 32 on accident!'

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

yeah, fedex isn't any better.

they've done the 'delivery exception' to me a few times when they never even attempted delivery in the first place. happened with a phone i ordered via overnight delivery.... waited all day but didn't show up, checked online and sure enough 'delivery exception - customer unavailable or business closed.'

drunkenbeaver
    drunkenbeaver's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 811

i worked for Fedex. the companies are pretty much the same...one's union one's not. if there is no signature required any of them will just leave it without knocking on the door. technically that's all they have to do, they have hundreds to drop off each day and can't wait while someone decides to put pants on to open the door or not.

i'm not saying it's right, that's just how it is. as far as the ups faking a signature, i've heard that before. good luck getting something done about it.