robzilla
    An SBR Legend.
    robzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

Sheen fired... duh, winning!

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03...-sheen/?hpt=C2

he has too much tiger blood for that show.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Sheen Fired From 'Two and a Half Men'

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=634140&GT1=28103

"After careful consideration, Warner Bros. Television has terminated Charlie Sheen's services on 'Two and a Half Men' effective immediately," the company, which produces the show, said in a statement.
    But it may not be the end of the series: Warner Bros. spokesman Paul McGuire said "no decision has been made regarding the future of the show."

The decision was reached based on Sheen's actions after the show's cancellation for the remainder of the season, an individual close to the show told TheWrap.
    Since the cancellation, Sheen has been on a media tear, bringing phrases like "winning," "Vatican assassins," and "tiger blood" into the lexicon while raising questions, at times, about his own grip on reality. Just Friday, he called into a Philadelphia radio station to say he believed a deal was close for him to return to the show.

Something was indeed in the works. But not his return. TMZ posted a statement Monday in which Sheen embraced his firing.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

It boggles the mind how stupid Warner Bros. is for doing this. They have a gold mine in Sheen and they're throwing it away over nothing.

Jericholic
    The Ayatollah of Rock 'N Rolla
    Jericholic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8286

Can't say this is a huge surprise.

jmush
    jmush's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

if he came back everyone would have watched that next episode...would have been huge

cloudagh
    cloudagh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

Somehow this ties in to his dad's performance and experience in Apocolypse Now

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    It boggles the mind how stupid Warner Bros. is for doing this. They have a gold mine in Sheen and they're throwing it away over nothing.
    Gold mine?
    pfft
    They can get a Stamos for pennies on the dollars, and the show will still draw millions of viewers.
    Sheen losing, WB winning.

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by robzilla View Post
    http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03...-sheen/?hpt=C2

he has too much tiger blood for that show.
    Just like Suzanne Summers from Three's company

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post

Gold mine?
    pfft
    They can get a Stamos for pennies on the dollars, and the show will still draw millions of viewers.
    John Stamos is not going to carry that show. That show is dead.

Sheen is going to get so many other tv offers, he'll make more than he would have with "Two and Half Men" and he still might get paid from them on top of it.

UZI Suicide
    semper in excretum
    UZI Suicide's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7765

Jerry O'Connell to replace Charlie Sheen on Two and a Half Men?

stevenash

John Stamos is not going to carry that show. That show is dead.

Sheen is going to get so many other tv offers, he'll make more than he would have with "Two and Half Men" and he still might get paid from them on top of it.
    The dude is getting no offers from any studios.
    He's damaged goods.
    No major studio is going to risk having to them what Sheen did to WB.

WB carries so much clout, I wouldn't be surprised if he's blackballed.

TodayIsForgotten
    TodayIsForgotten's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 615

All silliness aside with Sheen. Did anyone else feel a bit small knowing the dude makes 2 million per episode? How many episodes are there in season, 16?

raggman
    raggman's Avatar Become A Pro!

.. duh, winning!

---that's so funny

Bluehorseshoe

The dude is getting no offers from any studios.
    He's damaged goods.
    No major studio is going to risk having to them what Sheen did to WB.

WB carries so much clout, I wouldn't be surprised if he's blackballed.
    He just got fired today. How could anyone offer anything yet?

He's also in a deal to sell advertising on his twitter account. He's going to get $25,000 per tweet.

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

Gold mine?
    pfft
    I can only speak for myself, but 2 and half men was one of my favorite shows and I wouldnt watch a second of it if Charlie Sheen is not on the show. The show is nothing without him. Bottomline both Sheen and Warner Bros are losers in this. He will never get another golden goose like this show was and WB cant do anything with the show now, except reap in syndication $$$$

stevenash

He just got fired today. How could anyone offer anything yet?

He's also in a deal to sell advertising on his twitter account. He's going to get $25,000 per tweet.
    By 'no offers' I mean he's not going to get any offers any time soon from a major studios.

danso
    danso's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3036

Charlie sheen is perfect for any HBO shows

Bluehorseshoe

By 'no offers' I mean he's not going to get any offers any time soon from a major studios.
    No chance. There's too much money to be possibly made from putting him in a show right now. He's a train wreck that EVERYONE is following. Someone is going to sign him to a two year contract and take a shot.

Ibrakadabra
    Ibrakadabra's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Can´t believe he´s fired when he´s better than ever.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

I'm pretty sure they're doing Major League IV

Flexin
    Flexin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 51

Quote Originally Posted by ehp6737 View Post
    I can only speak for myself, but 2 and half men was one of my favorite shows and I wouldnt watch a second of it if Charlie Sheen is not on the show. The show is nothing without him. Bottomline both Sheen and Warner Bros are losers in this. He will never get another golden goose like this show was and WB cant do anything with the show now, except reap in syndication $$$$
    I agree. I love the show. He was the show. I would still check it out if it was on but its not going to be the same. I feel bad for the other actors/actresses that were not getting 2 million an episode. Them and the people behind the show are going to be hurt the most. WB and Charlie made a killing and will be fine.

James

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post
    I'm pretty sure they're doing Major League IV
    I hear John Stamos will be offered the role of Wild Thing.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11977

sheen would be good in a short term reality show, everyone and their mother is following this guy, so why not strike while the iron is hot.

heard a rumor cuban is looking to make a show on his channel hdnet with sheen.

Flexin
    Flexin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 51

No chance. There's too much money to be possibly made from putting him in a show right now. He's a train wreck that EVERYONE is following. Someone is going to sign him to a two year contract and take a shot.
    I agree. He got 1 million followers on Twitter in 24 hours. 6 days later he is sitting at 2134365. He is hot right now and I'm sure he will be picked up for something. Hell even movies.

James

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

CBS cut the guy so much slack (rehab, kidnappings, shootings etc). He'll make sweet appearance fees (nightclub appearances pay huge for "in" celebs).

No way he gets a better deal than he had with CBS. The guy was in place to make 40 million next season (based on 20 episodes) - and how much more beyond that plus syndication etc.

CBS can bring out CSI Seattle or CSI Dallas and make up the difference over time. Sheen will not make 40 million rambling on about 9-11 on his Podcasts.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8478

The need to suspend and now to terminate Mr. Sheen's agreement

Looks like it's officially over.

Warner Bros. to Charlie Sheen: You're Fired!

http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/newsdesk...een_full_b.pdf

In the 11-page letter, obtained from sources connected to Charlie, Warner Bros. states, "Your client has been engaged in dangerously self-destructive conduct and appears to be very ill."

The letter then goes on to describe Charlie's hijinks, including trashing the Plaza Hotel in NYC, coke binges, on-set failures because of drug fatigue, and diatribes against "Two and a Half Men" creator Chuck Lorre.

The letter also notes that Charlie derailed production when he went into rehab, and then he fired his sobriety coach. In fact, Warner Bros. claims it was so concerned about Charlie's well-being, "Warner Bros. had an airplane waiting" to take him to a treatment facility ... but Charlie would have none of it.

As for why Charlie got fired, the letter says there is a clause in his contract saying they can fire a performer who commits "a felony offense involving moral turpitude."

The letter says, "There is ample evidence supporting Warner Bros. reasonable good faith opinion that Mr. Sheen has committed felony offenses involving moral turpitude (including but not limited to furnishing of cocaine to others as part of the self-destructive lifestyle he has described publicly) that have 'interfere[d] with his ability to fully and completely render all material services required' under the agreement."

In short, that's why Charlie was fired.

Charlie's lawyer, Marty Singer, has demanded Warner Bros. pay Charlie for the eight canceled episodes -- or else.

Warner Bros. seems undaunted by the threat, even reserving its right to take legal action against Charlie.
    Last edited by DwightShrute; 03-07-11 at 07:14 PM.

sonyman
    sonyman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

very sad---hate his kids have to watch him self destruct like this

stevenash

Over / under on Sheen related threads tonight

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

everyone is making such a big deal about this BS! I dont get it

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11977

Charlie!! Charlie!! Charlie!!

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8478

It was a good show. I enjoyed it. Too bad it's over. Go Charlie Go!

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

To the Saloon with that trash

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    CBS cut the guy so much slack (rehab, kidnappings, shootings etc). He'll make sweet appearance fees (nightclub appearances pay huge for "in" celebs).

No way he gets a better deal than he had with CBS. The guy was in place to make 40 million next season (based on 20 episodes) - and how much more beyond that plus syndication etc.

CBS can bring out CSI Seattle or CSI Dallas and make up the difference over time. Sheen will not make 40 million rambling on about 9-11 on his Podcasts.
    How did CBS cut him slack? He came to work everyday. Never missed a production of the show and the ratings were through the roof. What's the problem?

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Their audience members are all squares, they'll refuse to watch the show because of the drug influence. He needs to go work at the comedy channel or something.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

How did CBS cut him slack? He came to work everyday. Never missed a production of the show and the ratings were through the roof. What's the problem?
    A year from now he'll look back at this and feel like an idiot that he let the media expose his mental illness like this.

12 Last