Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

There's nothing wrong with this. This is America who ever wants to give something out has the right to give it out to whomever they want.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by GOIRISH View Post
    Do you know ******* anything? slaves got food and shelter from plantation owners.
    whipped and beaten too....

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    whipped and beaten too....
    not in all places

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by GOIRISH View Post
    not in all places
    No, some slaves just had to work against their will.....

kiefynugs
    Update your status
    kiefynugs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

How is education less Important to Latinos... I see alot of middle class Latinos making education the most important thing... What you are talking about is poor Latinos... The parents work two jobs each... Of course, less focus on their kids......Latinos don't get in college because of their race... You just want to think that, so you can feel better about yourself....
    Affirmative action policies do apply to latinos fyi. Not saying that is the only factor that gets minorities into college but it definitely plays a role in the numbers.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladarus View Post
    There's nothing wrong with this. This is America who ever wants to give something out has the right to give it out to whomever they want.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by kiefynugs View Post
    Affirmative action policies do apply to latinos fyi. Not saying that is the only factor that gets minorities into college but it definitely plays a role in the numbers.
    Latinos don't deserve affirmative action... Latinos don't ask for it...And the policies probably do apply to Latinos but I never see a Latino affirmative action hire..do you???

OMGRandyJackson
    OMGRandyJackson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4054

This story had me fuming me all day yesterday. Why is it ok that there can be scholarships for african-american males, asian males, hispanic males, etc. etc. but if it is for white males, it is a problem? That makes no sense.

CNN had two people on yesterday morning debating this topic, one a white male, the other an African-American White House Correspondent. The white male saw no problem with this scholarship if scholarships for other ethnicities exist. While the African-American lady saw this as a "STEP BACKWARDS IN SOCIETY" and yet she agreed "100% SCHOLARSHIPS SHOULD BE AVAILABLE FOR POOR PEOPLE OF CERTAIN ETHNICITIES BUT NOT WHITE PEOPLE"

Some people are straight up ignorant.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Latinos don't deserve affirmative action... Latinos don't ask for it...???
    Latino group asks UC to end affirmative-action ban

A group of 18 prominent Latino faculty members Monday called on the University of California's Board of Regents to repeal its 1995 ban on affirmative action and drop the tiered admission system that requires 50-75 percent of each entering class to be admitted based solely on academics.
    http://aad.english.ucsb.edu/docs/bartindale3.html

oops

Originally posted by King Mayan
    And the policies probably do apply to Latinos but I never see a Latino affirmative action hire..do you???
    And you're able to tell how? You are insanely naive if you think colleges/businesses/organizations don't consider race/ethnicity when hiring, even if it not official or technically legal.

Read this article about Berkeley freaking out about plunging latinos/black numbers and then convince yourself they aren't pulling strings to get more of them.

http://diverseeducation.com/article/8495/

California is by far the most by diverse state in the country, and they need still need affirmative action to level the playing field. Deniers of reality. Pathetic.
    Last edited by Sunde91; 03-02-11 at 06:08 PM.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

you can get all the articles and numbers you want, but I have actually seen it and lived it... Talk about naive.... And talk about pulling strings, many whites don't belong in college but their daddies pulled some strings so all the numbers balance out...

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

King, you are right, yet you are wrong. You have a good beat on what the Latino people are about. More so 15-30 years ago, but still. And this is why Libs are dangerous. The people who represent the Latin Politcal voice in major issues, especially this one, do not espouse the same views as the average Hispanic.

Same old story. Latin people Latin Politicians ...

Sunde is right on.

Sunde91

So your own personal experience, confined to your narrow and limited perspective, is > facts about what institutions are actually doing? Genius.

many whites don't belong in college but their daddies pulled some strings
    Perhaps you can explain what the hell you're talking about, or quantify the number of whites "who don't belong in college". Like they didn't qualify acaedmically and were bought in? Zero substance garbage.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    So your own personal experience, confined to your narrow and limited perspective, is > facts about what institutions are actually doing? Genius.

Perhaps you can explain what the hell you're talking about, or quantify the number of whites "who don't belong in college". Like they didn't qualify acaedmically and were bought in? Zero substance garbage.
    and you have substance because of articles... My wife tried to get in pepperdine and she was denied(with good grades in high school).. I told her if she checked the latino/race box... She said yes...

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah View Post
    King, you are right, yet you are wrong. You have a good beat on what the Latino people are about. More so 15-30 years ago, but still. And this is why Libs are dangerous. The people who represent the Latin Politcal voice in major issues, especially this one, do not espouse the same views as the average Hispanic.

Same old story. Latin people Latin Politicians ...

Sunde is right on.
    I can say the same for all races, bud....

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

I can say the same for all races, bud....
    Not the way you are thinking. Yeah everywhere people want to say people so good, politicians so evil.
    The disconnect is palpable with Hispanics and who they vote for here at least.

Hispanics - Anti abortion, hard work, you get what you work for, conservative. No going to ask for handouts.

Yet Hispanic politicians are usually pushing the agenda of the left, which is well...you get the picture.

Sunde91

and you have substance because of articles... My wife tried to get in pepperdine and she was denied(with good grades in high school).. I told her if she checked the latino/race box... She said yes...
    Your wife? What a mighty fine sample size

"Good grades" means nothing. Could mean a remarkably average 3.0 from a shit high school, or a 4.4 with 5 AP classes from a good one. Unless she had the latter + 1000 service hours + debate team captain, it's another dime a dozen rejection.

And sounds like she applied years after high school, which isn't going to help.
    Last edited by Sunde91; 03-02-11 at 07:01 PM.

guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9424

Isn't Pepperdine private? Do private schools have to have AA?

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    Your wife? What a mighty fine sample size

"Good grades" means nothing. Could mean a remarkably average 3.0 from a shit high school, or a 4.4 with 5 AP classes from a good one. Unless she had the latter + 1000 service hours + debate team captain, it's another dime a dozen rejection.

And sounds like she applied years after high school, which isn't going to help.
    Well, she's Mexican-American.. Damn affirmative action...

Conan
    Conan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 818

You should change that Latino kid to black...Latinos don't get breaks, we make it from our strong work ethic......the reason most Latinos don't go to college is not because we don't want to or are too lazy... It's because we start working at a very young age to help the family and our families can't afford tuition....So, we end up stuck in our jobs and never had the time for a stress free education....
    the real problem is RACEISUM as in blacks latinos and aisians perscribing to the fact that they are somehow "entitled" to scolorships and the like because of there races hard times in the past there are plenty of whites who go through the same difficulties they just don't have there rase to blame its about personal motivation i was fortunate to live confortably growing up not because i was white but because both my parents worked two jobs and my mother worked and went to college full time while sleeping in her car most of the time. Personal drive people try it.

Conan
    Conan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 818

you can get all the articles and numbers you want, but I have actually seen it and lived it... Talk about naive.... And talk about pulling strings, many whites don't belong in college but their daddies pulled some strings so all the numbers balance out...
    ya all the top 10%ers got there daddies to pull the strings be they whight black latino or other its about means not race.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19581

what's the percentage of white college students compared to minorities?????? Many minorities come from poor families...many whites don't have that problem... Get a clue....
    Where one comes from should have no bearing whatsoever; either one is intelligent enough to go to college or one isn't. That should be the one and only factor and if it results in 99% of the members of any race, regardless of which one, being excluded then so be it.

Blax0r
    Blax0r's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1512

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    Where one comes from should have no bearing whatsoever; either one is intelligent enough to go to college or one isn't. That should be the one and only factor and if it results in 99% of the members of any race, regardless of which one, being excluded then so be it.
    Agreed, and I would expand this to jobs as well. I just don't see how one can argue against a performance-based criteria.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    That's the problem though...Some white kids have connections and get in to schools they don't deserve to get into... Also, some whites get jobs they don't deserve just because their dads buddy hooks him up or some other connection scenario... It all evens out bro..... I don't believe in affirmative action but some whites have a giant head start without their brain......

samdapatriotsfan
    samdapatriotsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1040

Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    Flip of the coin as to how this plays out. It will fall on its face or be wildly successful. I just believe that the underprivileged needs to be the only group. Shouldn't matter color or nationality.

Well said Dad, well said.

I will say I was a bit disappointed when I saw a thread from Dad and there was no skin involved.

Alas I now know, Dad is only human like the rest of us.

Dad
    2011 Adult Entertainer of the Year
    Dad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

I'm not sure what there really is to discuss. Minorities are fine and often encouraged to create groups to represent their interests, but the moment whitey does the same thing it's a problem.

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

king calm down

king calm down

First 12