SoV
    "Why always me"
    SoV's Avatar Become A Pro!

SBR Finance thread

I was indirectly accused of being a loser by a member, who alleged that I didn't leave the house and was wasting my time on here. He was half right - I was/am indeed wasting time on SBR right now, since I need to devote it to completing my finance project. However, 14 straight hours of finance related discussions, examinations and research has taken it's toll and I am forced to distract myself for a bit.

Starting this thread, so all of SBR finance sharps can discuss their take on the day's trade, upcoming stocks, their portfolios etc.

Fire away.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

There is already a thread about finances. Check back 25 pages.

SoV
    "Why always me"

Like I mentioned in another thread, which you are failing to return to, for some obvious reasons, I'm running a regression analysis right now which is handicapping me from perusing older threads, where I might find some information pertaining to the portfolio I'm setting up.

A bump on an old thread would be highly appreciated.

SoV
    "Why always me"

Dreary eyed, and while witnessing the yellowish-purple hues of dawn, I seem to have completed my analysis. A quick nap and a presentation to follow at 8am, then driving down to participate as an extra in George Clooney's new movie.

If anyone wants me to share my portfolio, PM me. I will be willing to share my excel spreadsheet in a week.

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Depends on what your objectives are. For investment I like dividend yeilders enrolled in DRIP. Stuff like MO, MSFT, HBC (can't drip this ADR), PFE, GE. Just a well rounded mix.

In terms of trades, shorter term stuff, I think we are headed for a slight correction based on some Elliot Wave theory. This drives my hunt for lower quality names. I think GMCR is ripe for a pull back but am wary of a short squeeze, might put on a put spread or some other defined risk trade. Otherwise I like ICE, NFLX, and TWGP just to name a few.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Quote Originally Posted by SoV View Post

A bump on an old thread would be highly appreciated.
    You want me to waste my time, for-get-it!

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

I just bought a shit load of CHK.... Ton of natural gas supplies, hopefully they can create a demand. They've also done better since they've started drilling for oil.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

I'm getting killed in AMSC.

BAC is still an uptrade under 16.

MA is the play! Big drop yesterday but has added 50 points in a few months. Looking to grab a Call position with 4 buys over a couple of days.

benjy
    Untitled
    benjy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Highly speculative, and I've already booked some profits, but if you're looking for a flyer take a look at INT:Venture

KingKolzig
    KingKolzig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

i take it Bateman was this accuser?

everything he says about ppl is how he really feels abuout himself. hes like a 4th grader

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

SoV are you usig Excel to do the regression analysis etc...?