SmokinGood
    SmokinGood's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why cant you transfer points in the service play forum

This is rediculous...is this just a glitch that is being fixed or did they take that away for good?

owl
    owl's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 27946

Hope there is an explanation for this.

Durden
    May the Schwarzt be with you!
    Durden's Avatar Become A Pro!

I enjoy giving points to peeps who post picks and I think it is an incentive for them to do so...

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

No Glitch...Become PRO and avoid the problem.

MrMiami
    MrMiami's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 27472

I believe you can transfer 2 pts. Or less. At least as of this past Monday you could. No more unless you are a pro.

DirkDiggs
    Clippers ML!
    DirkDiggs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I actually think he is right. I tried to transfer points yesterday in here and couldn't. Still can't now. There is no coin button.

Trident
    Update your status
    Trident's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2791

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Innings View Post
    Even if you are a pro you can't give points in this section as of today, I use to share plays all the time here that I bought but see no reason to from here on out. Points were a added bonus for sharing, now you just make it easier for the freeloaders not to contribute.

bruce0
    bruce0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3463

This forum keeps going downhill
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 8 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: yogohama, Dzuro, G's pks, nskoex, Perg, SmokinGood, playit, and arsenalgunnerfan

30K Millionaire
    Fade Yourself
    30K Millionaire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 592

Seems like SBR wants to take away the incentive to post service plays. Maybe pressure from the books or services? Don't know why though since over half of them lose.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Hey guys - SBR John addressed this in another thread earlier today. Let me dig up his explanation for you. Just bear with me for a second.

shari91

Here is his response in another thread. Just in case a Moderator doesn't respond in time, can you please pass this info on should someone else ask the same question? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    Sorry about the Service Plays forum. We are having some legal issues there. I think you can still use the transfer function but just not appear to be buying picks from pay services. So I do sincerely apologize for that. We certainly never wanted to do that but rather we had no choice.

RavenHair
    RavenHair's Avatar Become A Pro!

no you can't even transfer 2 points anymore. i read the statement and i still do not get it. it is either worded wrong or i am stupid.
    do you get it?
    Points Awarded:

wizardofoddz gave RavenHair 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by RavenHair View Post
    no you can't even transfer 2 points anymore. i read the statement and i still do not get it. it is either worded wrong or i am stupid. do you get it?
    You'll need to do a manual transfer. Click betpoints below your name. At the top of that screen you'll see the Transfer option. Fill in the info of who you want to transfer to and you'll be able to give them 2 points.

Alternatively you can also search the posts of the user you wish to transfer to. If they've posted outside of the Service Plays forum, you can give them points there.

G's pks
    Update your status
    G's pks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    You'll need to do a manual transfer. Click betpoints below your name. At the top of that screen you'll see the Transfer option. Fill in the info of who you want to transfer to and you'll be able to give them 2 points.

Alternatively you can also search the posts of the user you wish to transfer to. If they've posted outside of the Service Plays forum, you can give them points there.

It takes some a while just to learn the gold coin now you want people to do manual transfers!

G's pks
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by bruce0 View Post
    This forum keeps going downhill

This...

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by G's pks View Post
    It takes some a while just to learn the gold coin now you want people to do manual transfers!
    While I assume some may be frustrated by having to take a few extra seconds to transfer the points, I guess maybe all of us should be grateful that there is at least a solution to this issue until it eventually gets sorted one way or another. It's better than having no option to transfer points at all.

G's pks
    Update your status

While I assume some may be frustrated by having to take a few extra seconds to transfer the points, I guess maybe all of us should be grateful that there is at least a solution to this issue until it eventually gets sorted one way or another. It's better than having no option to transfer points at all.
    go through the process and stop just before you do it...see how long it takes to go into the sbr store find the correct area and than try to remember how to spell one of the names you want to give points to... if it takes more than 15-30 seconds (which would be extremely fast) it is not a good idea..clicking the coin took under a sec...

FadeJay
    FadeJay's Avatar Become A Pro!

Can people who post daily start a second thread say in the nhl or basketball forum leaving a link in the service plays thread so that after people come in and get the plays they can click on that link and then send points?

shari91

go through the process and stop just before you do it...see how long it takes to go into the sbr store find the correct area and than try to remember how to spell one of the names you want to give points to... if it takes more than 15-30 seconds (which would be extremely fast) it is not a good idea..clicking the coin took under a sec...
    I understand that but I also explained step by step how to do it above in the thread. Like I said, for those of you who post plays to begin with - having this as a temporary solution is better than nothing at all, which is what you guys thought you had, right? This forum has managed to overcome a lot of adversity and changes even just during the 2 years I've been around here so I'm confident you'll do it again. I posted 2 fixes to the problem - maybe not ideal but at least for the time being they're something.

G's pks
    Update your status

I understand that but I also explained step by step how to do it above in the thread. Like I said, for those of you who post plays to begin with - having this as a temporary solution is better than nothing at all, which is what you guys thought you had, right? This forum has managed to overcome a lot of adversity and changes even just during the 2 years I've been around here so I'm confident you'll do it again. I posted 2 fixes to the problem - maybe not ideal but at least for the time being they're something.

Maybe I had a vision (seriously no) but I ended my thread on Friday so for all the time I put in...turned out ironically to be perfect timing...

People can swear and act like jackazzes in the players forum and get points within a second...people within this forum are seriously working on different strategies for winning a little money and reward those who put the time...or money...or both to help others and now to get a few points across... have to fill out a 1040ez...

RavenHair
    RavenHair's Avatar Become A Pro!

thank you for taking the time to give me more instructions.
    i am afraid i was a little lost--which happens quite often.

heleanth
    heleanth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8720

They should just eliminate points altogether for all non-pros. By the way, I am sure SBR appreciates all you "Pros", since I am sure they get a cut out of what you lose. So keep up the good work!

shari91

Maybe I had a vision (seriously no) but I ended my thread on Friday so for all the time I put in...turned out ironically to be perfect timing... People can swear and act like jackazzes in the players forum and get points within a second...people within this forum are seriously working on different strategies for winning a little money and reward those who put the time...or money...or both to help others and now to get a few points across... have to fill out a 1040ez...
    I get what you're saying but I have to believe what John said - This isn't a decision to punish people in the Service Plays forum or to give the impression that they're thought of as any less important as those who post elsewhere. If he truly thought that, he wouldn't have given directions as to how to still transfer points in his post. Currently it appears to be a legal issue - with two fixes available - which actually is quite awesome. They may be a bit more cumbersome but they're at least available. And like I requested earlier - if everyone in here just references John's post or this thread when the question comes up in the near future I'm sure that will help to sort itself out.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenHair View Post
    thank you for taking the time to give me more instructions. i am afraid i was a little lost--which happens quite often.
    Raven, I'm always lost! Story of my life.

I'm happy my instructions made some sense and all the best with your bets.

funnyman
    funnyman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5616

Going to try it.

funnyman
    funnyman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5616

It worked fine; very easy.

rafa martin
    !
    rafa martin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1000

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Innings View Post

and how do become a pro.. what we must do in order to have a pro status?

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Quote Originally Posted by rafa martin View Post

and how do become a pro.. what we must do in order to have a pro status?
    Becoming PRO will not enable the gold coin to transfer points in the service play area.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

So two points is legal, but more is jailtime?

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

SBR John has a legitimate reason for not allowing the transfer of points in the service points forum. I say roll with it, and lets see if the retract the new rule on the transfer of points.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    So two points is legal, but more is jailtime?
    Please read John's post. I interpret it to mean that the appearance of paying for service plays is the issue - not the amount involved. If you're an SBR Pro, I assume you can transfer more than 2 points should you desire to do so although I'm obviously not able to test this for myself. Chilidog - If you'd like to run a trial for 10 points and transfer them to a Non Pro in here, please do so and I'll reimburse you the points personally. If I don't respond in here right away it's solely due to the time difference so just PM me and I'll fix you up in the AM Australian time.

I know it's frustrating for you guys but I hope everyone will be patient until it's all sorted. As funnyman said, it's a VERY EASY PROCESS to get around this. Please just follow that should you desire to.
    Last edited by shari91; 02-28-11 at 11:27 AM.

heleanth
    heleanth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8720

Make it easy on yourselves. Eliminate points for the non-pros. Why bother with two points here and two points there. Not worth the effort.

RITZ
    RITZ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12521

SBR Shaving their own points?

clownpunch
    clownpunch's Avatar Become A Pro!

nominate the post you want to give points to by clicking the "thumbs up", a duplicate post will be created in the nominated posts section after you do this, you can give pts on that duplicate post.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: G's pks

sLim901
    sLim901's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5396

the majority of posters can only transfer a meaningless 2 points a day anyways

DodgerFreak
    DodgerFreak's Avatar Become A Pro!

Whatever the legal problems are I would love to be able to transfer points again for people posting picks.

123 Last