pacocn
    pacocn's Avatar Become A Pro!

ftl, i think you did the right thing by not testing,
    get a great lawyer and they will reduce all the charges,
    spare no expenses on the lawyer they are worth their weight
    in gold. A good lawyer will save your liscense and your reputation.

forloveofthegame
    forloveofthegame's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 595

thanks for all the support guys. I woke up really down on myself but i realize i can only change the future. I am getting a top notch lawyer and going to bare the expense to get quality help.

Btw, Kentucky covering would help ease the pain

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Quote Originally Posted by onetrickpony View Post
    u went over 29mph the limit and u got a dui, why get a lawyer ur fuked
    29 over the speed limit can also be considered reckless driving, which is another major traffic violation.

jkilla990
    jkilla990's Avatar Become A Pro!

Its hard to believe that idiots like this exist, not only are you drunk driving but you were speeding 20 miles over the limit, its like you wanted to get pulled over.

stevex
    stevex's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11350

Was stupid enough to get one myself and the best advice I can give you is to learn from the shit and move on. Lost my license for 6 fuckin months and trust me it's not fun AT ALL. Having to get rides and shit. Had two jobs at the time and eventually lost 1 of them from not being able to get to work in the morning.

Just whatever you do, don't get a 2nd one because then your pretty much ******. In Jersey they take your license for 2 YEARS AND double the fines.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

I got one also 8 years ago never again. Good luck bro hopefully it works out.

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Quote Originally Posted by jgray View Post
    Wow. Harsh world you live in. Out of curiosity, when's the next bible study session?
    I think Dirty Sanchez has been raped before. Anytime someone even mentions the word "jail", this homo comes with his vaseline jokes. Fukkin homo

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

depends on the state whether or not you should refuse the test.
    in wisconsin there is nothing to be gained by refusing, because if you refuse you are automatically assumed to be over .08

so here you might as well take a few really deep breaths and hope for a low reading

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    3-4 and you didn't take a sobriety test? Do you weigh 120lbs?
    should've took the test..

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    should've took the test..
    Never take the test. A DUI is a lot better than an aggravated DUI.

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

take it from someone who has had 2 DUI's.

You did the right thing by not taking the tests. It is an automatic 1yr license suspension, but you more than likely wont be charged with a DUI. If you take the tests you will fail unless you had only had 2 beers, so you are fuked. If you dont take them there's really no evidence but its an admission of guilt so you lose your license but theres no DUI charge on your record, no fine, no SR-22 insurance.

Most people take the test because of course you are not really drunk & are naive thinking the tests will show that or you're drunk enough to think you're fine and can pass all the tests with flying colors & that all of your ex girlfriends want to hear from you
    Points Awarded:

forloveofthegame gave THE PROFIT 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets
    EDDIE MONEY LINE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3311

I shouldn't have taken the test....damn

Herky
    Herky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4589

Quote Originally Posted by EDDIE MONEY LINE View Post
    should not have refused the tests
    never ever take the tests unless you haven't had a drink in a couple days.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why would you possibly drive 30 mph over the speed limit after drinking? I drive home after drinking plenty often but that's when you gotta be the most cautious, never go more than 5 over if you've had ANY alcohol. Not worth it.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    too bad u didnt get the rodney king treatment

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Congratulations.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Well, it's a good thing you didn't try to out run them. You could've killed someone
    or yourself.

I did what you did, no test. Probably a mistake. 1 1/2 yr suspended license, ARD classes, had to
    be evaluated, 40 hrs community service and probation for 6 months. After all that is complete,
    your criminal record will be expunged.

My lawyer didn't do shit, don't waste the money.

I drove to work and back. Here's a tid bit of info for you. Make a copy of your license.
    Use your scanner to copy and print on heavy photo paper, paste them together and
    laminate it. It's not to be used for anything other than for identification when you go to the
    bank or where ever.

Pay attention when you are at ARD, you will learn something. Like, not speeding, don't bar hop,
    go right home after, and get home before 12am.

You will be treated as a 1st time offender after 7 yrs. Caught again within that time and you're
    toast.

GL

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    If you didn't blow or take any field tests, any lawyer gets you off with little effort. It's pretty simplistic if this is the actual case. There is no evidence, there is nothing to prove you even had a drink other than what the officer said.

And agreed with above, you always refuse to test if there is any question of your sobriety. A good lawyer can pick apart these sort of cases - but if you blow and you're over, you're fukked.

untrue - the video, in-car and/or at the jail, will be the determining factor on what you should do

your lawyer will get a copy

but never submit to breath/blood test or fst

RUSS28
    RUSS28's Avatar Become A Pro!

if this is your first dui dont even worry its nothing but a slap on the wrist. pay the fine do the probation and thats that. if this aint your first rodeo lawyer up and dont be afraid to spend some of the winnings it will help

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Quote Originally Posted by ronjon619 View Post
    you can kiss $5000 goodbye.
    That's pretty much accurate.
    My buddy is a defense lawyer, expect 2,500 plus another 2K minimum.

frostno98

Quote Originally Posted by THE PROFIT View Post
    take it from someone who has had 2 DUI's.

You did the right thing by not taking the tests. It is an automatic 1yr license suspension, but you more than likely wont be charged with a DUI. If you take the tests you will fail unless you had only had 2 beers, so you are fuked. If you dont take them there's really no evidence but its an admission of guilt so you lose your license but theres no DUI charge on your record, no fine, no SR-22 insurance.

Most people take the test because of course you are not really drunk & are naive thinking the tests will show that or you're drunk enough to think you're fine and can pass all the tests with flying colors & that all of your ex girlfriends want to hear from you
    I think your wrong their. Insurance company's will treat a refusal the same as a DUI conviction. Once the DMV submits your driving record of the refusal to the insurance, expect a hike in your premiums.

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    I think your wrong their. Insurance company's will treat a refusal the same as a DUI conviction. Once the DMV submits your driving record of the refusal to the insurance, expect a hike in your premiums.
    If you get convicted your insurance will go up too

The point is, its better to not take it. God forbid you had tooooo much, and get hit with aggravated DUI. Then the fines and penalties are much steeper and may even be a felony charge. Why take the chance if you know your over?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Well good luck Ace

The thing is everyone in your town is going to know you got nabbed when your riding a fukkin SBR bicycle to your fukkin job

It is easiest way to tell if male has lost his license is when he drives a fukkin bike around town

How about when your driving your SBR bike on the fukkin highway?? It is going to look real obvious Son.

We got guys here that ride the bikes and we thrown fukkin bananas at their fukkin heads because we know they were drinking and driving or we spray them with fukkin champagne

Good luck pal and be careful in future

frostno98

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    If you get convicted your insurance will go up too

The point is, its better to not take it. God forbid you had tooooo much, and get hit with aggravated DUI. Then the fines and penalties are much steeper and may even be a felony charge. Why take the chance if you know your over?

The penalties are the same. For you to get your license in every state, you have agree to do a DUI test when being requested by a peace officer. Not doing so if already an admission of guilt. The consequence of not taking a breathalyzer is probably not even worth. The court won't be lenient toward you. You will get the maximum DUI fine, Work program, and everything that comes with a regular DUI. And your lose your license for one year guaranteed.

If he just went to through process, and the court might be willing to bargain with you. With lower fines and shorter work programs. And you should be able get your license back in two months and be allowed to drive you car on a provisional bases for a year.

starfire
    starfire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1130

Attorney?
    anything less then 10k & they wont get u off
    if its your 1st just accept the fine & dui classes

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    The penalties are the same. For you to get your license in every state, you have agree to do a DUI test when being requested by a peace officer. Not doing so if already an admission of guilt. The consequence of not taking a breathalyzer is probably not even worth. The court won't be lenient toward you. You will get the maximum DUI fine, Work program, and everything that comes with a regular DUI. And your lose your license for one year guaranteed.

If he just went to through process, and the court might be willing to bargain with you. With lower fines and shorter work programs. And you should be able get your license back in two months and be allowed to drive you car on a provisional bases for a year.
    Ok. But your wrong. So very wrong. If you don't believe me, just listen to the profit, who got 2 dui's.

ttrace35

Also. Courts aren't lenient in any way, with dui's anymore. Very serious shit.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

I realise that drink driving is more socially acceptable in the US than it is on this side of the pond but I have to say I don't really have any sympathy.

purecarnagge
    purecarnagge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

this thread is worthless...the guy was doing 29 over...

if that is true, its mandatory that his license is pulled at the time of the ticket. No court, no jail, taken and suspended immediately at that point. The magic number for that is 25mph.

who did this...

who got out of the suspension. Judge sir my car rolled 5x and I was thrown from it... I have these doctors to visit on a regular basis...obtaining permits to visit these doctors and explaining it to a police officer will not fly. . I've already spent 3 months in the hospital good sir. I know I have learned my lesson. Defensive driving and i was done.

dex
    dex's Avatar Become A Pro!

I didn't read everyone's response but I'm pretty sure one big reason not to take the test is for insurance purposes. Failed chemical test won't be one of the several problems you are now dealing with.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Brother got one. Blew a 1.0. He got off with not Dui on his record because something was fuckked up with the video in the cops car. But in order for the DUI not to be on his record he needed to have a safe driving record for 2 years, otherwise the DUI would pop up and be seen. He paid 2900 in total fees.

2 Buddies got DUI's, both didnt blow. Both had to pay about 5K in lawyer fees and fines. Not blowing is an admission of guilt, but not sure if it shows up on your record. Both lost licenses for 6 months.

All this in Illinois also.

I don't understand why you wouldn't just drive back to a bar near your house instead of hoping on I-88.

forloveofthegame

i got off work and went to the bar with my boss and coworkers. i was already on the road for 45 mins and right by my house when i got pulled over. thought the speed limit was 65 but it was 55 and i speed up to pass a bunch of semis to catch my exit when he nailed me.

she thpught i was trying to get away and shit it was bad. had to pay 205 this morning to get my ******* car back. and to the person say it gets suspended right away is wrong it goes into affect 46 days from the ticket unless i get it dismissed.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Where you about's in Illinois?

forloveofthegame

new lenox... got pulled on 80 getting off 355

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26