SlappyWhite
    SlappyWhite's Avatar Become A Pro!

The way kobe and many political supporters of either side frame their arguments is with lies, half-truths misleading stats etc. Basically they say the ends justify the means. So if ending the war in Iraq is so important that a lie, half-truth, or worse is worth it as long as it ends the war. Doesn't that just make you the George Bush of the other side? How are you any better then the man you hate?

ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

it has very little to do with george bush, and a lot more to do with whoever made this war

cheney, and aipac, and others

but bush has little to do with anything

you dont need any half truths to show that we make wars of lies, vietnam, iraq

most of our wars are lies

ryanXL977

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyWhite View Post
    The way kobe and many political supporters of either side frame their arguments is with lies, half-truths misleading stats etc. Basically they say the ends justify the means. So if ending the war in Iraq is so important that a lie, half-truth, or worse is worth it as long as it ends the war. Doesn't that just make you the George Bush of the other side? How are you any better then the man you hate?
    bc kobe and others didnt send anyone to die with their stats or half truths

bush did
    its a LIL different

SlappyWhite

Quote Originally Posted by ryanXL977 View Post
    it has very little to do with george bush, and a lot more to do with whoever made this war

cheney, and aipac, and others

but bush has little to do with anything

you dont need any half truths to show that we make wars of lies, vietnam, iraq

most of our wars are lies
    dude aipac and bilderbergs we got to start a separate thread for those douche bags. they are the ones that really engineer all this shit.

ryanXL977

i know
    but they have their boys in the white house

daggerkobe
    UCONN PK MICH PK PROVIDENCE +2
    daggerkobe's Avatar Become A Pro!

So let me get this straight ..... Slappy white calls me a delusional liberal and when I retaliate in kind he whines like a bitch.

Again comparing war costs to GDP is completely ridiculous. Think of it this way, let's say u are earning $50k and purchase a $20k Honda. Later you purchase a $50k Mercedes but u are making $200k. Which means the Mercedes is 25% of ur GDP while the Accord was 40%. Does that change the fact that the Mercedes cost more than the Accord. No.

losturmarbles
    losturmarbles's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by daggerkobe View Post
    I seem to recall Clinton bringing home the US soldiers shipped to Somalia by Bush SR, who had promises to bring them all home by Clintons inauguration by didn't. So why can't Obama?
    lol, you seem to have a very selective memory dagger. bush senior ordered 25k troops to somalia on dec 4th 1992, clinton took office jan 23, 1993. as far as i know he never promised to bring the troops home before clintons inauguration, he did say that it was not a open-ended commitment.

still you seem to forget that democrats and republicans were on on the exact opposite sides of bringing the troops home then and now. the same arguments that republicans were using back then, the democrats are using now. even john mccain was saying bring the troops home. but somehow we live in a different world now post 9/11 , thats what the republicans say anyway. now as to why the democrats changed positions? could it be to pander to those against the war??? nah.

so dagger, were you against bringing home the troops in 93 or were you a republican then?

daggerkobe

Ryan,

This guy doesn't even fully understand what GDP is. It includes private sector spending as well as government. Take away the private and business sector and this is the highest ever military spending since WWII.

SlappyWhite

The private sector sells to our military it is appropriate to include it in the costs. Again you have to attack me because your ideas can't stand on their own. You and people like you will actually hurt your candidate in the long run because your venomous style of deface and evade argument turns off thinking voters.

ryanXL977

come on dude, i think we know which side uses venomous tactics
    hell, bush beat mccain in 2000 bc he implied

a: mccain was crazj
    b: mccain gave away secrets while tortured
    c: he had an illegitimate child with a black woman

i mean, the venom is pretty much one sided

jtuck
    jtuck's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanXL977 View Post
    come on dude, i think we know which side uses venomous tactics
    hell, bush beat mccain in 2000 bc he implied

a: mccain was crazj
    b: mccain gave away secrets while tortured
    c: he had an illegitimate child with a black woman

i mean, the venom is pretty much one sided
    Nevermind, misread your post

SlappyWhite

What if I agreed with a.

ryanXL977

the point is, these tactics are used 90% by one side
    perhaps bc the dems are disorganized or have no radio outlet like the gop, i have no idea.

and yes, mccain is obviously crazy

daggerkobe

losturmarbles,

What is the significance of u posting the dates of deployment and Clintons inauguration?

Are u saying that Bush never said anything about bringing home the 28000 troops he shipped off to Somalia? If so why did he return a token number by Clinton's inauguration?

Doesn't matter what the congress wants. Clinton did the right thing by bringing them all home. Or did u want him to listen to the Republican led senate opposing the assasination attempts on Osamas life and the ethnic cleansing in Kosovo which the Republican congress called "Wag the dog"? Imagine if they weren't busy impeaching him but rather supported hunting down Osama.

Anyways...... this is really difficult to argue while on iPhone. I'll respond when I get home. Missed out on some bets while typing on this crappy sheet.

losturmarbles
    losturmarbles's Avatar Become A Pro!

losturmarbles,

What is the significance of u posting the dates of deployment and Clintons inauguration?

Are u saying that Bush never said anything about bringing home the 28000 troops he shipped off to Somalia? If so why did he return a token number by Clinton's inauguration?

Doesn't matter what the congress wants. Clinton did the right thing by bringing them all home. Or did u want him to listen to the Republican led senate opposing the assasination attempts on Osamas life and the ethnic cleansing in Kosovo which the Republican congress called "Wag the dog"? Imagine if they weren't busy impeaching him but rather supported hunting down Osama.

Anyways...... this is really difficult to argue while on iPhone. I'll respond when I get home. Missed out on some bets while typing on this crappy sheet.
    i only posted the dates bc i had to look it up, i didn't think it was but like a month before he left office that he sent the troops.

did he say anything about bringing home the troops?? i dunno, is he a politician? and "saying something" and making promises are 2 different things. but maybe he did, like i said i don't remember.

but you still fail to acknowledge how the dems and reps views on foreign policy then are polar opposite to their views now. you give credit to clinton for bringing them home and blame bush sr for sending them, when democrats were the ones wanting to send them, wanting to get involved in a "quagmire", wanting to waste money and put our troops in harms way while the republicans were saying we should mind our own business.

my point is both sides are full of shit. the parties set the agenda, the players spout the rhetoric, and the country is divided over stupid shit.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Quote Originally Posted by jtuck View Post
    Thats liking asking how talk radio is conservative. The majority of hosts, at least on CNN and especially MSNBC are very liberal.
    hmmm....that's not what the empirical research shows

What evidence are you relying on that says the media is liberal? Rush Limbaugh?

As a whole, research shows that media tends to be more conservative than it is liberal, but it's probably best to consider media as having a corporate bias than an ideological bias. Most corporate interests are conservative in nature hence the tendency for media to be more conservative than liberal.

It's pretty irresponsible and not factually accurate to say the media is liberal.

Steeltown
    Steeltown's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is true and I hope some or all of you take it seriously. ARCO is one of the only gas stations to use no oil from the Middle East. All of it comes from Canada. It doesnt hurt that Arco is also one of the cheapest stations. For those of you who hate giving your money to the enemy, Arco is a great way to express that. Use Arco gas.

lys3rg0
    lys3rg0's Avatar Become A Pro!

Heh, here in eastern europe it's 6-7 usd per galon, and it's the cheapest around... western europe has it up to 10-12 usd per gallon.

daggerkobe

ARCO gas sucks. For one thing they don't accept ************. This is bad for people with gas rebate cards.

Secondly, I notice lower MPG with ARCO gas. Not to mention other problems such as slower acceleration. It's most likely due to the higher % of ethanol they use.

daggerkobe

Europe has higher gas prices because of taxes, as high as 117% in the UK. Without it, you guys are paying only around $2.

Not to mention your cars get 10mpg higher on the average.

lys3rg0
    lys3rg0's Avatar Become A Pro!

Europe has higher gas prices because of taxes, as high as 117% in the UK. Without it, you guys are paying only around $2.

Not to mention your cars get 10mpg higher on the average.
    and getting free healthcare out of the deal, and having actual cities where you can live and work, so average commutes are shorter, and the added benefit of shorter time in cars, reason for which talk radio is not feasable the way i see it, you're stupid if you don't move to europe

dollarbill
    dollarbill's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1254

How soon people forget........
    Points Awarded:

ABEHONEST gave dollarbill 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

It will be $5 here by june

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15313

Quote Originally Posted by UntilTheNDofTimE View Post
    It will be $5 here by june

Dude, it's going up .20 per day

By June it will be $21.50/gal.

Bigmikesm
    Bigmikesm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1690

3.72 just outside of Chicago.

Cannon
    Cannon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Paid $3.05 saw some $3.02

beermankirk
    beermankirk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 885

347.9 just north of Seattle....

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Paid 3.79(LA) on my F-150.... Ass raped...

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post

Dude, it's going up .20 per day

By June it will be $21.50/gal.
    Stll drinking the Obama KoolAide (Purple Drank) I see.

ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

Whoever dug this must be a genius? Worth a point at the very least. Debt to be paid shortly.

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6501

Seriously looking at getting a Nissan leaf. I drive so much I fill up about every 4 days

MMAchicka
    MMAchicka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 70

3.49 in MSP

rocky502
    rocky502's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 225

Left for Cabo a week ago and paid $3.14 on the way to MSP. Landed last night and it was $3.49. Seems like the price of everything is going up except houses which continue to spiral. Thank god I don't commute anymore. I used to put around 60,000 mies per year, now it's around 8,000. Been driving for over 20 years and have nevr paid $4.00 but I would guess that streak is coming to an end.

szk1983
    szk1983's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 109

New Jersey is still under 3, but going up. Thank you Libya!

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15313

You all need to quit crying about gas prices.

They are paying more than $6/gal. in Europe

If you don't like it................don't drive

First 1234 Last