hornsrgrt
    hornsrgrt's Avatar Become A Pro!

$500 to put my dog down.

Bad enough that we have to put her down.

Brief Exam (2/14) $45
    Sedation $26
    Euthanasia $70
    Cremation – in mass with no ash return $85
    Cremation – individual with ash return in box $280
    Urn (wooden or copper) $45

Looks like I will be looking for a solid play tonight to offset this loss (financial and emotional) !

macoeric
    Update your status
    macoeric's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8059

Sorry for your loss, non-pet owners don't realize how hard this can be for some.

zert
    zert's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3617

I do not have a pet and I understand but there are cheaper ways

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

I'm not at all trying to be a dick, because I've been there. But I would have to say taking the old Guy out back with the rifle would Have been 500 cheaper and a lot quicker. He wouldn't have known or felt a thing. Tougher on you though probably. Ehh...500 bucks comes and goes though. You paid for piece of mind.

My condolences.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 408

I just spent over $400 to keep my kids' 17 year old cat alive. She had had a stroke, and couldn't move her right side for a week. I'm going to hate it when she passes because my kids have known that cat all of their lives.

dngf
    Update your status
    dngf's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 85296

Sorry for your loss, it is tough.

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    I'm not at all trying to be a dick, because I've been there. But I would have to say taking the old Guy out back with the rifle would Have been 500 cheaper and a lot quicker. He wouldn't have known or felt a thing. Tougher on you though probably. Ehh...500 bucks comes and goes though. You paid for piece of mind.

My condolences.
    My god how could you do that to your pet that you supposedly love.

So if your ailing mother is close to death you should smother her with a pillow?

treece
    treece's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

i'll put it down for $50. i'll hit the dog in the back of the head with a shovel, dig a hole, throw him in and cover the hole.

CreaturE
    Thanks to everyone helping me!!!
    CreaturE's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ugh, any time we've put down any of our pets, it's a full day of tears, I feel you.

xlilsp1keyx
    xlilsp1keyx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

sorry for your lost. yeah its bullshit how you gotta pay to put ur own dog down and on top if you want to be there to watch, it costs extra.

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    I'm not at all trying to be a dick, because I've been there. But I would have to say taking the old Guy out back with the rifle would Have been 500 cheaper and a lot quicker. He wouldn't have known or felt a thing. Tougher on you though probably. Ehh...500 bucks comes and goes though. You paid for piece of mind. My condolences.
    This, i will be a dick and say it

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Losing a pet is tough. I know. But an urn?! Why would you want to keep these ashes anyway? Just do what everybody else does.

sickler
    Facade 101

You guys are cruel, I wouldn't be able to do that to a dog.

sickler
    Facade 101

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    Losing a pet is tough. I know. But an urn?! Why would you want to keep these ashes anyway? Just do what everybody else does.
    I had my dog cremated and kept the ashes. Through all the bullshit in my life he was always there wagging his tail when I came home.

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Tough call, been through all that they do seem to rape you on the prices. Do as much or as little as you want, best wishes going forward.

LegitBet
    steelers
    LegitBet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Two saddest days of my life, having to 'give the order' for two proof's of G-d's existence.
    Last one was a real German shepherd and even though he's been 'gone' for over three years I dream about him every night, and would give every penny I might ever win for one more hug and a big woof.

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali
    Wulfman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onetrickpony View Post
    This, i will be a dick and say it
    shut up you pedophile

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali
    Wulfman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by LegitBet View Post
    Two saddest days of my life, having to 'give the order' for two proof's of G-d's existence.
    Last one was a real German shepherd and even though he's been 'gone' for over three years I dream about him every night, and would give every penny I might ever win for one more hug and a big woof.
    wow. i thought i was attached to my dog. i dread the day that my dog will pass away.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

damn pets just don't live long enough, always a hard time when you have to be the one to decide their end.

Vol_Bengal
    Vol_Bengal's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am on my 3rd Rottie... but I'll never be as close as I was to my first one. He lived to be 11 (which for the larger breeds is pretty good) and it about killed me when he died. Ever since then I've calloused myself and don't let myself get too emotionally attached to dogs now. I still like to have em to play fetch with, etc. but just don't have that "bond" that I did with him. Having kids has played a part in not getting as close though too.

Not too sure about the cremation and keeping them in an urn... but to each his own. Honestly, whatever makes YOU feel better is what yah gotta do.

Vol_Bengal
    Vol_Bengal's Avatar Become A Pro!

deleted because double post for some reason...

wonderyears
    wonderyears's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 500

Sorry man, losing a pet is one of the hardest things in life. Go all out for her funeral/cremation/whatever though, they deserve it.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by sickler View Post
    I had my dog cremated and kept the ashes. Through all the bullshit in my life he was always there wagging his tail when I came home.
    True dat bro. THe saying that a dog is a man's best friend is very true.

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfman14 View Post
    shut up you pedophile
    sorry if some us arent 45 and its pedo to do that

some ppl actually have fukin chance with younger girls maybe cause were around the same age

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

My god how could you do that to your pet that you supposedly love.

So if your ailing mother is close to death you should smother her with a pillow?
    No. Luckily there are still men around who can tell the difference between their mother's and an animal. Terrible comparison.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

I would have done it myself, then buried it on our land, and kept from making someone else's house payment for them.

hornsrgrt
    hornsrgrt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Exactly ! We get ashes back and that's what my wife and kids wanted. The toughtest part was watching the kids cry. Thank goodness it only took 30 minutes as I was scared I might miss a big play ! (jk - sort of).