ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

Watched "The 40 Year Old Virgin" last night on cable!

Wow!
    This movie was hilarious, yet, carried some strong negatives!

I watched this movie on a regular cable channel and was shocked at the language and blue comedy.
    Sure, they blanked out the word *unk about 50 times, but any 4 year old could figure that blank out.
    I have to wonder when the parents aren't watching their kids, say, 6 to 16 years of age, what psychological confusion would this do to their mind?

A movie such as this should never be available for young, gullible kids to view! And, you know, the word out following viewing this movie, in school the next day, will have every inquisitive young mind wanting to see it, even if they have to get an adult friend to rent it from a video store. This NOT a comedy movie for kids!

My strong opinion: Parents had better be watching what their kids are absorbing into their, not yet, fully developed brains!

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

thanks for the review about six years late

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Awesome movie.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Abe I found it to be a funny and enthralling comedy which launched Steve Carrell. Yes some of the content is definitely not for young children but that is why the have ratings. R, PG13, PG and G Oh and of course we can't forget NC17, X, XX and XXX

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    thanks for the review about six years late
    So, don't see any credible point?
    Simply a warning for y [our] children.

tmorton
    tmorton's Avatar Become A Pro!

Movie never gets old... Even better when your loaded!

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 259

The object of this lesson is that if the title of a movie has anything with the word "virgin", it is probably not a good choice for family viewing. Though I must say, being a 40-something parent, I find it quite amusing and on of the best comedies I have ever seen.

Flexin
    Flexin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 51

Quote Originally Posted by ABEHONEST View Post
    Wow! This movie was hilarious, yet, carried some strong negatives! I watched this movie on a regular cable channel and was shocked at the language and blue comedy. Sure, they blanked out the word *unk about 50 times, but any 4 year old could figure that blank out. I have to wonder when the parents aren't watching their kids, say, 6 to 16 years of age, what psychological confusion would this do to their mind? A movie such as this should never be available for young, gullible kids to view! And, you know, the word out following viewing this movie, in school the next day, will have every inquisitive young mind wanting to see it, even if they have to get an adult friend to rent it from a video store. This NOT a comedy movie for kids! My strong opinion: Parents had better be watching what their kids are absorbing into their, not yet, fully developed brains!
    I love that movie. But your forgetting what year it is. Kids don't need an adult to rent the movie for them. They can get it from a friend or just go to the internet and skip all the middle men. If they want they can skip movies and just do a quick search to find all of the nude scenes in picture or video form.

Yes you have to watch out for what your kids are watching but you also have to raise them right. If you do then they can make the right decisions in life. I watches movies like Rambo as a child.

James

Flexin
    Flexin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 51

BTW what time of day or night was the movie on?

The worst part of movies like this being on regular tv is that they cut out the best parts.

James

eonizuka
    eonizuka's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't think the original poster is saying it was a bad movie but just that it shouldn't be on in the middle of the day on a weekend. Even edited this is one of those movies that should only be aired after 9pm I'd say. It was hilarious but not kid friendly.

36mafia
    36mafia's Avatar Become A Pro!

this is moving is spectacular in every way

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11099

I love the movie, but on cable it is not quite as enjoyable.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 259

Quote Originally Posted by MexicanStallion View Post
    I love the movie, but on cable it is not quite as enjoyable.
    I agree. It was on Comedy Central last night, and they muted every other word.

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

Quote Originally Posted by ABEHONEST View Post
    Wow!
    This movie was hilarious, yet, carried some strong negatives!

I watched this movie on a regular cable channel and was shocked at the language and blue comedy.
    Sure, they blanked out the word *unk about 50 times, but any 4 year old could figure that blank out.
    I have to wonder when the parents aren't watching their kids, say, 6 to 16 years of age, what psychological confusion would this do to their mind?

A movie such as this should never be available for young, gullible kids to view! And, you know, the word out following viewing this movie, in school the next day, will have every inquisitive young mind wanting to see it, even if they have to get an adult friend to rent it from a video store. This NOT a comedy movie for kids!

My strong opinion: Parents had better be watching what their kids are absorbing into their, not yet, fully developed brains!

Unfortunately for you Abe it's 2011, not 1985. They have since invented this thing called the internet. You should maybe be a little more concerned about what kids can access (which is anything and everything) on their computer rather than some movie on cable at 9pm with every other word bleeped out. Christ it wasnt on ABC at 3pm....It was on Comedy Central at 9pm. So what then?....every channel should just run freakin Dora the Explorer 24/7? Bottom line is each parent needs to be responsible and supervise their kid.

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

I feel the same way about the show "Two and a Half Men". I seriously can't believe what they let them get away with.

wildbill044
    wildbill044's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1047

two and a half men is great. i think they believe that kids under 13 won't get the veiled sexual references, which many won't.

regarding 40y/o virgin: I love the scene/ lines" better keep your ho on a leash, bitches runnin wild man". me and my buddies say that to each other every time one of us bitches about our old ladies.

xlilsp1keyx
    xlilsp1keyx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

lol this movie is a classic. but i think the most hilarious one would be hangover.

charlesbroccoli
    charlesbroccoli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5829

jane lynch's character was hilarious in that movie

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

The bet part is when he is speed dating and the woman's pop out.

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by ehp6737 View Post
    Unfortunately for you Abe it's 2011, not 1985. They have since invented this thing called the internet. You should maybe be a little more concerned about what kids can access (which is anything and everything) on their computer rather than some movie on cable at 9pm with every other word bleeped out. Christ it wasnt on ABC at 3pm....It was on Comedy Central at 9pm. So what then?....every channel should just run freakin Dora the Explorer 24/7? Bottom line is each parent needs to be responsible and supervise their kid.
    Well, unfortunately, the TV is generally understood to be close to being family friendly.
    That is a extremely naive assumption. Parents better be more aware. And, as for the internet, a parent as the responsible option of setting it on kid safe only, websites. [thank goodness]

I still would bet my last $5 that a minimum of 50% of parents let their children watch tv in their private rooms and are not , either, aware of the content, or, are gullible enough to think tv is harmless for their kids.

I don't think any material on that Virgin movie was deleted except the blue language.