jw
    jw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6737

Jesus may have walked on water, but Stephen Hawking runs on batteries.

gman2114
    SBR Rocks
    gman2114's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1279

Quote Originally Posted by NOYEBOY View Post
    Until someone can show me how you make something from nothing, there must be a god. Science cannot answer the singularity question.
    Very good point!!!

Oh wait, maybe in more time as didn't we just in last few centuries prove the world was not flat and the sun did not revolve around the sun.
    Baby steps.
    Remember some people in this forum believe that the Lions will win the superbowl this year. Baby steps.

alon7777777
    alon7777777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 854

Quote Originally Posted by onetrickpony View Post
    they dont need a computer to speak their thoughts, they can throw a football standing up, just basic stuff
    stop that lil gayne bullshit carter 4 on your avatar thats one of the worst rappers ever

alon7777777
    alon7777777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 854

studio gangsta

AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8856

If there is a "God" out there do you think he would have a Facebook page?

Religion is over rated. To each his own on this topic ... Hawkins maybe a lil bias on this topic because he is a handicapped man

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Quote Originally Posted by marcoloco View Post
    didnt he have a article a few years back about his "proof" there is a God?

I've never heard of an article like this.

BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

Quote Originally Posted by NOYEBOY View Post
    Until someone can show me how you make something from nothing, there must be a god. Science cannot answer the singularity question.
    Why don't you have to answer the same question. The singularity question applies to both sides. You are stopping a step early.

If you believe that it's impossible for something to come from nothing then you can't believe in yourself.

If you believe that god created everything, then where did god come from. No matter how you trace backwards or how many steps you have. The fact that you are here proves that somewhere at sometime m something came from nothing.

The Inevitable
    The Inevitable's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3256

I think the big bang theory is a load of crap. When you sit down and think about it, I think it's just a bad of a theory as, the world being created in 7 days.

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

lol at god and religion. "hey guys remember those retards who couldnt establish a language at the beginning of time? yeah let's roll with those ideas". if you were born on an island by yourself and never knew of the concept of god or spirituality in itself, would you go to "hell"? i mean you never prayed or went to church, so you must be a satanic asshole misfit

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Quote Originally Posted by The Inevitable View Post
    I think the big bang theory is a load of crap. When you sit down and think about it, I think it's just a bad of a theory as, the world being created in 7 days.

No.

kisado
    kisado's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 38

I have come to the conclusion a long time ago regarding this matter. My conclusion is that it makes more sense that there is a God. 'Big Bang' proposes essentially that, out of nothing, there was a spontaneous explosion of sorts which created everything we know to exist today. Something from nothing? Nonsense. God, on the other hand, is God, thereby doing whatever he pleases. He created everything. Less ridiculous even from a scientific viewpoint IMO.

JoeVig
    JoeVig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Hawking and others say the universe is approximately 14 billion years old. That's 5.1 trillion days old.

If the US had a dollar for every day the unvierse existed, it would still be $10,000,000,000,000 in the hole. I think AA+ is generous. Only God has more money, just ask Joel Osteen because he collects it. LOL.

Masu485
    Masu485's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12813

Quote Originally Posted by FourLengthsClear View Post
    Einstein thought that there was a God, or at least some type of intelligence at work in creating the universe.

It would be an interesting debate between the two of them, especially if it was here on SBR.

Hawking: You are such a square, get out of your mother's basement and go and get a haircut.
    Einstein: Square? Listen you barreled-in crippled fukk, I have forgotten more about crushing thermodynamic principles than you will ever know. Idiot.
    Hawking: Loser.
    jjgold: Good stuff, Einstein making a run for poster of the month.

BGboothA

Quote Originally Posted by kisado View Post
    I have come to the conclusion a long time ago regarding this matter. My conclusion is that it makes more sense that there is a God. 'Big Bang' proposes essentially that, out of nothing, there was a spontaneous explosion of sorts which created everything we know to exist today. Something from nothing? Nonsense. God, on the other hand, is God, thereby doing whatever he pleases. He created everything. Less ridiculous even from a scientific viewpoint IMO.
    Then where did god come from? Nothing.....ridiculous. No matter your conclusion. Something came from nothing.

Nittany Lion
    Nittany Lion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 675

You can't think too hard on things like this because it will just blow your mind. I watched the Discovery Channel last night for several hours where Hawking was talking about everything and they also had a few other shows on after that all revolved around how the universe was created and what all these PhD guys think about it all.

The evidence they have for the big bang is pretty solid, and they say the big bang came from nothing and that the universe was without time and space then all of a sudden BOOM, it came into existence. I know we as humans cannot understand how something can just come from nothing, but they actually talked about how something coming from nothing does not violate our known laws. They explained that in particle physics or something like that, small particles will just disappear and appear out of no where so it does actually happen in nature.

You would think that something has to be responsible though for "programming" how everything interacts in our universe. Just like a software program, someone had to code all the rules like how gravity/stars/atoms interact with each other and what they can do. Personally, that is what I believe, that someone/something essentially wrote the code for all the rules on what objects/forces can do and their limitations. Then after the code was all written, it was executed to see what would happen and the execution event was the big bang. I don't think human creation or anything after the big bang was specifically designed to happen, the only thing designed to happen was the big bang and everything else was just the code/program playing itself out. If there really was some kind of god that specifically created us on purpose, he would have placed us on this planet instead of dinosaurs for hundreds of millions of years. We are just lucky that our planet was created with the perfect conditions conducive to life and to have evolved from smart monkeys into what we are now.

But lets say something we'll call God coded our universe and executed the big bang.....then how did this God come into being and what created it? Eventually you would reach a point in the genealogy tree where something came from nothing. It can blow your mind thinking about this kind of stuff, but the sad thing is we'll never know the ultimate answer.
    Last edited by Nittany Lion; 08-09-11 at 04:03 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BuddyBear, and beerman2619

CallMeChip
    Damn good stuff, sir...
    CallMeChip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

There is no God. God is a fantasy to help people get through life. How many people think the Bible is real? How bout if you jumped off a tall building and asked God to save you? If you die then God doesn't exist, or he chose not to save you or he can't intervene in human life, either way what's the point of believing if he can't influence your life in any way?

The Inevitable
    The Inevitable's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3256

Why do everyone must believe their was a beginning to everything? It's like no one can wrap their heads around the fact that, maybe something (God or Universe) has always been here. Maybe there was no beginning with the universe, maybe it always existed. Or maybe there was no beginning with God, maybe he always existed. People think everything is governed by time. I'm sure there's plenty of shit that lives outside of time, or time is not a concept to it.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

A basic rule of logic, its impossible to prove a negative.
    Points Awarded:

Darkside Magick gave smitch124 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

My name is Stephen Hawkings, my life is miserable and i'm gonna make yours too.

chargers4222

pronk just solved the question of god....since god makes him feel good, he believes him in. it really is pathetic. remember before you born? of course you dont. you wont remember after you die either

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

The most beautiful girl (w/ the most awesome personality to boot) that I have ever worked with... moved away last June.

All of a sudden one day at work a week ago, I turned around and there she was... in all her glory. She told me she was back in town and going to try to get her job back!!! I played it cool... keeping the conversation about her but not allowing her to see how giddy I was just thinking that I might be working with her again soon!

I had a bad day with bets that day... so I laid off for a few nights and after a couple nights I made God a deal. I wasn't going to place another bet at all, on any day until I know for sure whether she gets her job back or not. If she gets her job back and stays for a good time-frame, I promised to never again place a bet or make another deposit

If she ends up with a job elsewhere... I will continue on with my degenerate gambling ways!!! in time for football too!

Its been 12 days so far... I may know by tomorrow afternoon. I may not know until next Wednesday... the wait is killing me.

I want to place a bet so badly... but then again, I just want to see her again at work... let's see what God has planned for me!!!

chargers4222

lol yes. while we're at it, let's see what freddi kruger and spongebob squarepants have planned for you.

JoeVig
    JoeVig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by pronk View Post
    My name is Stephen Hawkings, my life is miserable and i'm gonna make yours too.

I see ol' boy uses the National Health System for his dentist. Next thing you know the broke looters will come steal his dope ride.

kisado
    kisado's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 38

Quote Originally Posted by BGboothA View Post
    Then where did god come from? Nothing.....ridiculous. No matter your conclusion. Something came from nothing.
    God came from wherever the fack he wanted to come from, that's why he's God. He doesn't need to explain his origin. He just was and is and will be forever after. The "scientific explanation" of the Universe is the side which does need to explain how something came from nothing. God doesn't. That's my point.

chargers4222

that is not a point. that is defaulting the problem to an unexplainable force that has zero trace of existence in today's world. interesting

hankcream
    hankcream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5458

I don't think I will give much credence to a handicapped- autistic(since we can't say retarded) guy, that thinks he is a genius. It's too bad the after-life won't be any better for Mr. Hawkings.

CallMeChip
    Damn good stuff, sir...
    CallMeChip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by hankcream View Post
    I don't think I will give much credence to a handicapped- autistic(since we can't say retarded) guy, that thinks he is a genius. It's too bad the after-life won't be any better for Mr. Hawkings.
    He doesn't really think he's a genius... he knows he is. The guy scored around 250 on the Mensa test. His intelligence isn't the question, it's common knowledge he's in the top .000001% of all humans beings, it's the question of science vs faith and spirituality (religion for the true retards). He doesn't know just like everyone else on the planet. This argument has been carrying on since the birth of mankind, it's old news by now. He's just doing what is innately programmed in himself. Scientists try to prove theories, religious people try to debunk them. Neither is ever technically "right".

BTW, he's not autistic (or retarded) at all, he has ALS. It's a world apart.

BGboothA

Quote Originally Posted by kisado View Post
    God came from wherever the fack he wanted to come from, that's why he's God. He doesn't need to explain his origin. He just was and is and will be forever after. The "scientific explanation" of the Universe is the side which does need to explain how something came from nothing. God doesn't. That's my point.
    I love how you managed to say I don't know. And I am still right in the same sentence

Adamho
    Adamho's Avatar Become A Pro!

The fool says in his heart, "there is no God."

Yich123
    Yich123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2244

its not that there is no god, maybe just not the god we talk about but there is definitely a higher power somewhere in this universe with more control than we have.. (my beliefs) but i 100% believe in the start of the universe from the big bang - always wondered what came before that time though!

chargers4222

seriously, everybody who believes in god, conceive a child and when they are born, leave them on a deserted island. they will never know what god is. so, according to you, they will go to hell, since they never went to church or prayed. idiots

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Maybe if Hawking believed... he'd get his ass out of that wheelchair.

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sucks for people who don't believe in god and end up being wrong. But if people who do believe in god end up being wrong it doesn't really matter.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

It takes about five minutes of research the history of religion to realize we made it up to control the populous and lesser intelligent people.

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Everyone WANTS there to be a magical unseen God that gives them some eternal paradise in the afterlife for no reason whatsoever other than the fact that they somehow believe they deserve it and trust theyll get it

Everyone also WANTS to **** Jessica Alba

Everybody's shit out of luck

First 123 Last