Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

I'd put some clothes, my notebook and some other shit in my car and get the fukk out.

Alfie B
    Alfie B's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Global Financial Crisis = Basically when Australia stepped up and showed a lot of the world how to handle financial pressure from foreign factors. Very hard for me to admit because I thought Canada could finally win the gold star on this one.
    Shari, Canada did emerge from the GFC a lot more quickly than most nations did. I don't know if we won a gold star. I do home renovations and we didn't lose a step, we were and are as busy is ever. Car sales are at pre GFC levels and everyone I know who lost a job is now working. Some companies were lost, but new ones are springing up to take their places. And people have money to spend. You should be proud we are doing much better than our neighbors to the south. A silver star at least.

minet123
    Is JJ a Higher Power ?
    minet123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3753

Load the Vegemite into the boot of the Land Rover with a rack of Bitters and C'YA

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

If someone tells me a 200 mph typhoon is coming towards my house I'd leave.

Imagine if your car is stuck on the rail tracks and someone tells you a 200 mph train is coming towards you and you have adequate time to get out of the car but you refuse because you think if you leave someone may steal your rims.

Doug
    Doug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1298

I'd stay ! I'm married, want to die !

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Shari... Get the fukk out...pronto...

beach nut
    beach nut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 83

I'd probably secure my property then go on vacation for a week or two until everything was settled.

rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2111

She can't get out now

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    I'd stay ! I'm married, want to die !

Well theres been no reports of deaths (yet)....Emergency services personnel still bunkered in as eye of storm not moving as fast as 1st predicted...At least 85% of Aus banana crop demolished (last time this happened aka cyclone larry bananas cost upward of $20 per kilogram (2.2 lbs)...Storm surge at high tide has created 9 metre waves (Approx 27 feet)...Alot of houses with missing roofs and alot of what you'd expect if a category 5 swept through ur neighbourhood

Alfie B

Quote Originally Posted by rake922 View Post
    She can't get out now
    Far as I can tell, and somebody tell me if I'm wrong, Shari, The danger zone is Queensland, not near Melborne where Shari is.
    If I am wrong, good luck to you Shari and everyone in Queensland. Melborne is far, far from Queensland. Like Thunder Bay from Toronto.
    Last edited by Alfie B; 02-02-11 at 03:31 PM. Reason: because

Alfie B

Quote Originally Posted by Alfie B View Post
    Far as I can tell, and somebody tell me if I'm wrong, Shari, The danger zone is Queensland, not near Melborne where Shari is.
    If I am wrong, good luck to you Shari and everyone in Queensland. Melborne is far, far from Queensland. Like Thunder Bay from Toronto.
    I also know you didn't represent yourself as being in the danger zone Shari, others just don't understand geography.

elgreco
    elgreco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1612

I have been through quite a few hurricanes, the strongest direct hit was from a Cat 4. The problem in your situation is that this is a rare event in your area, and don't have anything to compare it to. A Cat 2 hurricane can cause more damage to an area that isn't used to hurricanes than a Cat 4 will cause to an area that is. The reason for it is preparedness, building codes, amount of trees and other vegetation.

Personally, I'm glad I stayed home for the last Cat. 4. I was physically able to hold together pieces of my house that would have caused considerable damage had I not been there. For your situation, I would be weary about staying home, if only because your buildings have never proved themselves in a hurricane.

That being said, the only time I ran, the hurricane shifted course and made a direct hit on the area I ran to .

I wish you and your loved ones the best.

elgreco

I realize your not in the danger zone. "You" meant "your countrymen". I do understand geography .
    Last edited by elgreco; 02-02-11 at 04:22 PM.

JACK MATZ
    JACK MATZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2213

San Diego is having some strong winds right now. 20 to 30 mph.
    I am going to stay and tuff it out.
    Call me brave!!

GELATINOUS CUBE
    SBR's 94.4% handicapper
    GELATINOUS CUBE's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah, some cases of Fosters and lots of Vegemite, then head to the outback.

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Ive stayed thru 2 cat 4 hurricanes and many smaller ones in the last 25 years. My wife is a coward and always flies out of town to her sisters. Having said that, it really sucks when its over and 95 degrees out and no power, water or anything else.

later

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Quote Originally Posted by JACK MATZ View Post
    San Diego is having some strong winds right now. 20 to 30 mph.
    I am going to stay and tuff it out.
    Call me brave!!
    Take care.
    Make sure you have lots of canned goods and bottled water.

Flexin
    Flexin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 51

Quote Originally Posted by Kindred View Post
    I stay, only a pussy would leave his own home
    They pussys stay safe while some of the hard asses stick it out. Some of them get in trouble and risk the life of rescue workers that have to save their asses because they didn't want to be a pussy.

If your in a area or in a structure that is safe then maybe you will be fine. Some are right on the water and put others at risk by staying.

James

elgreco

Quote Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
    Some of them get in trouble and risk the life of rescue workers that have to save their asses because they didn't want to be a pussy.

Happens all the time. Hurricane parties are all fun and games until the roof flies off... Or the window frames start to break from their mountings... or the whole friggin door frame starts bowing in and you're yelling for others in the house to come brace it while you run for a more permanent solution. The only benefit to staying home is that you can be the first one out scouring your block for your personal belongings that flew out of your storage shed when the roof peeled away.

drew17
    drew17's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would be leaving and taking what i needed

First 12