dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    You must mean Encinitas ?

Nice area of Northern SD county.I recommend it.

Yes, you're correct. My aunt lives there and just can't say enough about it.

dstover13
    dstover13's Avatar Become A Pro!

New Mexico

Doug
    Doug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1298

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
    Yes, you're correct. My aunt lives there and just can't say enough about it.
    The whole coastal area north of San Diego starting at Del Mar and going north to Carlsbad is Great, makes an awesome bicycle ride or drive on the old 101 highway. Any of the towns from Del Mar to Carlsbad are great, I esp. like Solana Beach, but Cardiff by the Sea, Encinitas, Leacadia ( sp ? ) are awesome little small beach towns, I'd love to live back there again. Carlsbad is a bit bigger but a great town, too....

North of Carlsbad is Oceanside, it's a bit bigger and rougher and more criminal, like hookers walking the streets and just a step down from the Del Mar to Leacadia/ Carlsbad boundary. Oceanside ( I affectionatly refer to is as Oceanslime) isn't that bad ( I lived there for years), but it is no Del mar, Encinitas, etc. I might even move back to Oceanslime, since I can afford to live there. However it is sort of a dicey area.

Going North from Oceanslime on 1-15 there is a marine corps base ( Camp Pendelton) that is 15+ miles in length, then you're into San Clemente and Orange County, Santa Barbara etc. That OC are ( south of LA) is awesome but big bucks. Orange county is easily equal to or better than the Del Mar to Carlsbad stretch.

I assume most of us have a budget, so I was happy as shit to live less than a mile from the beach in Carlsbad ( for a few years), literally on the wrong side of the train tracks, in the mexican part of town, known as the barrio or varrio. I just made friends with the Mexicans, it was easily 50% + mexican on Roosevelt street, never had any problems.

Go visit Encinitas, you'll love it !

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

Thanks for all that info guy. Appreciate it.

The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

From the unwelcome wagon folks....

I think he wants Mayberry to stay that way ?
    Rather I want you to keep thinking it's Mayberry.

DustyDiamond
    DustyDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2541

Come to Hawaii!!! If you don't mind some traffic, and football starting at 8am.

Doug
    Doug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1298

Hawaii is a paradise, without a doubt ! affording to live there is a whole different story !

I don't think I could afford to be homeless in Honolulu.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Olive Branch, MS

Right south of Memphis and its fantastic cuisine and 15 mins tops from Tunica

DustyDiamond
    DustyDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2541

Hawaii is a paradise, without a doubt ! affording to live there is a whole different story !

I don't think I could afford to be homeless in Honolulu.
    It's not as bad as you think, housing is a bit high but you can find some good deals on condos. I also recommend having employment lined up before the move.

ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

The whole coastal area north of San Diego starting at Del Mar and going north to Carlsbad is Great, makes an awesome bicycle ride or drive on the old 101 highway. Any of the towns from Del Mar to Carlsbad are great, I esp. like Solana Beach, but Cardiff by the Sea, Encinitas, Leacadia ( sp ? ) are awesome little small beach towns, I'd love to live back there again. Carlsbad is a bit bigger but a great town, too.... North of Carlsbad is Oceanside, it's a bit bigger and rougher and more criminal, like hookers walking the streets and just a step down from the Del Mar to Leacadia/ Carlsbad boundary. Oceanside ( I affectionatly refer to is as Oceanslime) isn't that bad ( I lived there for years), but it is no Del mar, Encinitas, etc. I might even move back to Oceanslime, since I can afford to live there. However it is sort of a dicey area. Going North from Oceanslime on 1-15 there is a marine corps base ( Camp Pendelton) that is 15+ miles in length, then you're into San Clemente and Orange County, Santa Barbara etc. That OC are ( south of LA) is awesome but big bucks. Orange county is easily equal to or better than the Del Mar to Carlsbad stretch. I assume most of us have a budget, so I was happy as shit to live less than a mile from the beach in Carlsbad ( for a few years), literally on the wrong side of the train tracks, in the mexican part of town, known as the barrio or varrio. I just made friends with the Mexicans, it was easily 50% + mexican on Roosevelt street, never had any problems. Go visit Encinitas, you'll love it !
    Thanks for that thorough, unselfish report!
    I will have to consider that area you mention if I do not fit in with the LA. surroundings. I love the idea of year-round warm weather without the harsh winter here in Indiana. I notice lately that LA has from 15/40 warmer weather than this horrible bitchy winter Indiana is having. And this, after a God-awful hot summer. Temps hanging at that 92/96 degree high for a month and a half!

Also, I hear Cal. has an abundance of fresh fruits and veggies year-round. I want to live my last 30 as another Jack LaLane. Eat healthy and hit that bicycle.

* Okay, realistically, only a mini-Jack, to be perfectly honest!

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

LMAO you're considering moving away from your family and friends(if you have any) because of cold winters?

Most people have different priorities, but whatever floats your boat. Florida is warm...

ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    LMAO you're considering moving away from your family and friends(if you have any) because of cold winters? Most people have different priorities, but whatever floats your boat. Florida is warm...
    Thanks but no thanks with Florida!
    Drove down last year all the way to Key West [ early January] and nearly froze to death. Was in Florida a few years back [ summer] and nearly burnt up!
    And, that humidity is one major thing I need to get rid of. Single senior and not looking unless I find a miracle lady.
    Since I don't believe in miracles [ except sports] until I lose by bad luck], I will turn to animals for most of my kicks. [ no sex, of course]

First 123