pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

The cops always pull this crap. They always maul the suspect and kick and punch excessively when the guy has clearly surrendered. This is why the average citizen hates cops. And cops will not protect you if your house gets broken in.

statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

1. Don't break the law

2. Don't run from the cops

3. If you violate 1 and 2 expect an ass whooping. For reals. I'm fine with cops bustin some caps in some asses.

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    If the post is true that this guy had just plowed down a police officer then fled, I think the officers should get a pass here for a few kicks and punches. Suspended two weeks without pay at most.

It's so easy to sit behind a keyboard and say the officers should have shown no emotion, should have seen that the perpetrator was down and couldn't harm anyone else, but thrown in the moment, they reacted emotionally and with aggression. Not hard to swallow if one of their fellow brothers was just killed or seriously injured by the thug.

Did we want them to be robots? Yet in situations where police follow the rules to a T, we blast them for not showing discretion. Whether these officers had exemplary service records leading up to this incident or not, it is clear that critics have quicker trigger-fingers beind their keyboard than bad apple officers do behind their Glocks.
    Lou,
    Most sensible folks would agree, to bad what we think doesn't really matter in a court of law. This guy just ran over a cop and can now legally sue the same city in which the cop works for and most likely win. All because these cops wanted retribution. Lack of foresight.

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

This isn't fair to the police, Dad. That man could have regained consciousness at any moment and then fought off a half dozen cops and then went back to his van and got a gun and then shot the cops and then ran away. I mean without the beating i'm sure that's what would have happened.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Quote Originally Posted by TexansFan View Post
    Looks like they were hitting a dead body. It doesn't make any sense to lose your job and pension over something stupid like that.
    They immediately attacked him after the accident because they know they'd get away with it telling a judge the bruises, broken bones or even death was a result of the car accident and not their behavior. But these morons who couldn't read a book if their life depended (which is why they chose to be police officers and nothing better) don't realize their own cameras caught their pathetic behavior.

I respect police officers who put their lives on the line to protect others, but there is nothing that justifies beating a human being after he's unconscious from an accident. If there is anyone who deserves to be kicked out of the USA it's brutal, racist police officers and those who support them.
    Last edited by JOHON8; 01-28-11 at 09:17 PM.
    Points Awarded:

iLogan gave JOHON8 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Rollins View Post
    This isn't fair to the police, Dad. That man could have regained consciousness at any moment and then fought off a half dozen cops and then went back to his van and got a gun and then shot the cops and then ran away. I mean without the beating i'm sure that's what would have happened.
    Cops don't have common sense. A cop where I live shot and killed a dog after he entered a house because the dog was aggressive when clearly the sign said beware of dog. How many burglars do you know that they take their dog with them when they break in? Now the family lost their dog for a false alarm because the stupid cop lacks common sense.

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED
    YorkHunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nothing makes you feel like a man better than a good ol' ass stomping of some guy who just got ejected out of a minivan at 60 mph who possibly has a severed spine and is laying lifeless on the ground.

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

Lawsuits against cops are out of control.

January 28, 2011 | 8:03 am
    A Newport Beach woman is seeking tens of millions of dollars in damages from the city, claiming police erroneously arrested her husband who had bipolar disorder. Her husband then killed himself in jail.

Sandy Wedgeworth, 34, and family members filed four claims against Newport Beach this week seeking upward of $34 million for emotional distress, loss of a husband and father, and loss of future earnings.

William Robert Wedgeworth, 43, hanged himself with bedsheets in a Newport Beach Police Department jail cell July 31. Police had arrested him earlier in the day on suspicion of spousal abuse against his wife. She said she wanted her husband to get psychiatrict help, not be arrested.

"This is a sad and tragic loss," said Newport Beach City Atty. David Hunt. "We take it very seriously, and we've done a thorough investigation into the circumstances underlying it. We concluded there was nothing we could've done to prevent it. The jail is safe, and our officers did their job correctly."

Flexin
    Flexin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 51

There was a clip on cops where a guy on a motorcycle t boned a bus at a high rate of speed. The guy shook it off and got up and ran. When someone tried to stop him he tried to fight them off. Until they are in cuffs there is still a risk.

James

Flexin

And people need to stop putting all cops in group. Like someone said there are criminals in the police force as well as the other jobs.

Not all cops are bad. I went to a movie and dinner with 4 tonight.

James

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

Quote Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
    There was a clip on cops where a guy on a motorcycle t boned a bus at a high rate of speed. The guy shook it off and got up and ran. When someone tried to stop him he tried to fight them off. Until they are in cuffs there is still a risk. James
    Oh. Was the guy who wrecked the motorcycle unconscious, immobile and unarmed? Even if the guy in the video was conscious, or mobile, or armed, which he obviously isn't, do you pull a bat out of your belt and start beating a man who was just in a high-speed car-crash and is laying on the ground not moving? or maybe use common sense and just jump on top of the guy and cuff him, wouldn't that be more safe? Instead of beating him and HOPING he doesn't pull out a weapon, try grabbing his arms so that he CAN'T take out a weapon. Anyone who thinks it is reasonable to start beating that guy the way they did, has a total lack of common sense.

Flexin

Oh. Was the guy who wrecked the motorcycle unconscious, immobile and unarmed? Even if the guy in the video was conscious, or mobile, or armed, which he obviously isn't, do you pull a bat out of your belt and start beating a man who was just in a high-speed car-crash and is laying on the ground not moving? or maybe use common sense and just jump on top of the guy and cuff him, wouldn't that be more safe? Instead of beating him and HOPING he doesn't pull out a weapon, try grabbing his arms so that he CAN'T take out a weapon. Anyone who thinks it is reasonable to start beating that guy the way they did, has a total lack of common sense.
    First he should be pinned down then cuffed. Yes they did wrong beating him. And the guy that hit the bus was just laying there. He looked dead for close to 10 seconds. Then he got up and ran.

James

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8468

If the post is true that this guy had just plowed down a police officer then fled, I think the officers should get a pass here for a few kicks and punches. Suspended two weeks without pay at most.

It's so easy to sit behind a keyboard and say the officers should have shown no emotion, should have seen that the perpetrator was down and couldn't harm anyone else, but thrown in the moment, they reacted emotionally and with aggression. Not hard to swallow if one of their fellow brothers was just killed or seriously injured by the thug.

Did we want them to be robots? Yet in situations where police follow the rules to a T, we blast them for not showing discretion. Whether these officers had exemplary service records leading up to this incident or not, it is clear that critics have quicker trigger-fingers beind their keyboard than bad apple officers do behind their Glocks.

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

I'll tell you right now. If I'm a cop and a Guy runs over one of my guys, you bet your ass I'm getting a few swings on him in that situation. Anyone who says different is a liar, or or the type of Guy That doesn't know how to properly take care of his own.

Even if that Guy is unconscious, you can make sure he's even less comfortable when he comes around.

iLogan
    Go Steelers!
    iLogan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

If the post is true that this guy had just plowed down a police officer then fled, I think the officers should get a pass here for a few kicks and punches. Suspended two weeks without pay at most. It's so easy to sit behind a keyboard and say the officers should have shown no emotion, should have seen that the perpetrator was down and couldn't harm anyone else, but thrown in the moment, they reacted emotionally and with aggression. Not hard to swallow if one of their fellow brothers was just killed or seriously injured by the thug. Did we want them to be robots? Yet in situations where police follow the rules to a T, we blast them for not showing discretion. Whether these officers had exemplary service records leading up to this incident or not, it is clear that critics have quicker trigger-fingers beind their keyboard than bad apple officers do behind their Glocks.
    I'm so thankful you're not in Law Enforcement. A guy who gets ejected from a moving vehicle at high speed and lands lifeless deserves a further ass kicking? What is this the Wild Wild West? Cops have to execute arrests and behave in a ethical manner overall, period. A Code of Ethics is very important in Law Enforcement. Pulverizing a lifeless idiot is not ethical. So therefore them getting fired was and is justified.

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by iLogan View Post
    I'm so thankful you're not in Law Enforcement. A guy who gets ejected from a moving vehicle at high speed and lands lifeless deserves a further ass kicking? What is this the Wild Wild West? Cops have to execute arrests and behave in a ethical manner overall, period. A Code of Ethics is very important in Law Enforcement. Pulverizing a lifeless idiot is not ethical. So therefore them getting fired was and is justified.
    Steeler fan preaching ethics

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by TexansFan View Post
    Unless you've been there and done that then it's your opinion, nothing more, nothing less.
    I could give you plenty of examples but what would be the point.

an opinion worth as much as yours, nothing more, nothing less

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    Inoccent people don't run away from cops. Imo if you run, all bets are off.

"All bets" should never be off.

Anyway, if you watch it closely, only 2 of the guys really do anything out of line.

The first guy, who slips because he's so anxious to pummel an unconscious guy (or corpse) with his stick half a dozen times, and then the hero (also slips) in the light colored suit with his back to the camera giving the combinations after all the rest clearly see the guy is incapacitated.

No excuse for it. Those two don't need to have a badge anymore.

Flexin

Quote Originally Posted by KKoz9 View Post
    "All bets" should never be off. Anyway, if you watch it closely, only 2 of the guys really do anything out of line. The first guy, who slips because he's so anxious to pummel an unconscious guy (or corpse) with his stick half a dozen times, and then the hero (also slips) in the light colored suit with his back to the camera giving the combinations after all the rest clearly see the guy is incapacitated. No excuse for it. Those two don't need to have a badge anymore.
    In the next video posted by someone here they said that 5 lost their badges. They said the officers did a great job up until those 11 seconds.

James

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

This is the greatest gif I have ever seen.

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

Some clueless morons in this thread. As usual, Emily Haines leads the pack as most clueless. Pavy is quickly catching up.

iLogan
    Go Steelers!
    iLogan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    Steeler fan preaching ethics
    And a hater doing what? Oh yeah, hating. Get a life tard.

First 123