shawnkang
    shawnkang's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

sorry for your loss

dwaechte
    dwaechte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

Never understood such attachment to pets, but sorry for your loss.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

How the hell do you put down a cat after 12 hours declaring it has a tumor? 1st of all theres no way to tell if its cancerous for sure without a biopsy, They would never do a biopsy on a "stray" cat and it would take 3 days minimum (probably much more) to get the results if they did choose to do one.

Of course having a collar would be better, but who expects your cat to be put down 12 hours after it was found? Unreal. I'm so sorry for your lose, that's horrible

BeatingBaseball
    It's all about the price
    BeatingBaseball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 70

It's the little girl's fault. It's her mother's fault. It's the veterinarian's fault.

The fact that you let your cat roam around without a collar or identification had nothing to do with it.

You are the victim. Now you are looking for money - looking for something for nothing.

You are obviously a Democrat.

Hopefully, you'll never have kids.

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1321

Sorry to hear about your cat man, I believe you do have a case against the stupid bitch who took your cat to the vet in the first place! I mean come on, feeding the cat a hot dog and not even trying to see if it was lost or attempting to find it's owner. I'd give that bitch a piece of my mind and that stupid vet!

Richards
    Richards's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

It's a little strange unless there are some details that the OP is leaving out. Unless the vet thought the animal was going to die imminently or was suffering the vet has no reason to make that call -- the animal should have been taken to the local shelter, it isn't a vet's "job" to put down stray animals unless assisting with a local shelter or animal control officer.

If this is really about being hurt that your cat is gone I suppose you could pursue reporting the Bet to whomever licenses their practice in your locality, or possibly (not so sure here) if you really want to push could try to make a destruction of property (criminal) case against the vet but as other have pointed out this will be tough without the collar or chip on the cat.

If this is about an opportunity for a civil suit, unless spending the time and effort of going to court for less than $50 appeals to you, might as well forget about it.

BeatingBaseball why are you trying to hijack the thread to evangelize your political views?

necro
    Update your status
    necro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

bad shiet story it is, you should go to vet and make him pay bad

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Just a thought, but I'm not sure you're going to get much done reporting this on a gambling message board. If you're serious about pursuing the matter, perhaps start with your local SPCA to see if this vet has been reported for anything similar before, or if they know of similar incidents in your area.

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Call the animals rights groups, I know of no vet that will even see an animal, much less euphanize it without some sort of payment.JMO.

later

cigarbutts
    cigarbutts's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sorry about ur kat real men have a dog

cigarbutts
    cigarbutts's Avatar Become A Pro!

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

Quote Originally Posted by cigarbutts View Post
    why is that necessary?, why would you put down the guy who just lost a pet? Who types cat "kat", what are you 14? And anybody who thinks owning a certain type of pet makes you a man, is a complete moron.

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

Here's your recourse, write an artcle for the newpaper....go on tv if someone will have you on, etc..

Tarnish the vets name and make her pay for her negligence.
    Last edited by RonPaul2008; 01-23-11 at 09:31 AM.

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

Quote Originally Posted by cigarbutts View Post
    a-hole!

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5958

If it were a dog yes.

No because it is a cat.