stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5958

If you don't know the language you know what? GTFO of the country

Ok I feel old saying this but it directly impacted me so screw it.

So yesterday I make it out to the grocery store for a few things, some nice sales. So I decide why not have some sushi, california rolls. I know what you foks r thinking that's not real sushi. Well screw you most of you cant afford rice nevermind sushi. Anyway moving on.

So I decide I haven't have Chinese in awhile so shy not buy some of the cold Lo Mein and Bourbon Chicken for dinner. So I'm looking at the dishes and there is the guy behind all the hot plates, etc. I say hey can I get an egg roll he says "wuh ki"? I knew I was in trouble right then and there.

I say "shrimp". No problem on the eggroll, it was awesome. So my question was, are the plastic containers the lo mein and chicken come in microwavable? As many of you know I am a bachelor, and the last thing I plan on doing is ******* washing dishes despite the fact I sleep not a foot and a half away from my sink.

So I say "Are these containers the food is in microwavable?" obviously a concern because I don't want to contaminate my food with melted plastic. I get a blank stare back. "Can you put these is the microwave?" NOTHING. "AM I ABLE TO PUT THESE CONTAINERS IN THE MICROWAVE TO HEAT MY FOOD."

"I sorry". I'm like damn I'm going to have to wash a dish, something I have been desperately been trying not to do since I moved into this one bedroom mansion. Either that or ask someone else, and I was hungry as fok and ready to get the hell out of there.

I mean for the love of everything decent if you are here learn the damn language. No it does not make the food more authentic to me if you don't speak English if anything it makes me think you can't exercise simple American health code because you can't read the damn list of what to and what not to do. I for the most part am not racist but by no means should I be inconvenienced when I am the one covering the overhead despite the small amount of my purchase. Stupid.

On the way out my subconsious made my head look straight up at a cashier who could not have been older than 16 at the exact same time she did the same and I thought about what it would be like to be down there and I realized that I am growing into quite a dirty old man both metaphysically and literally and that I really just don't give a shit. At all.

Bunch of bush league crap at that place I'd say.

Good egg roll though.

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you can't eat the food GTFO of the country!

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

who cares just the GTFO anyways

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

It takes time to learn a foreign language. It took me a couple of years to become about 80% fluent in Spanish when I first moved to Costa Rica. Nobody hated on me for it.

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onetrickpony View Post
    who cares just the GTFO anyways

Herky
    Herky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4589

How about you get a life.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Melting pot....and English Is a foreign language in america....

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5958

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    It takes time to learn a foreign language. It took me a couple of years to become about 80% fluent in Spanish when I first moved to Costa Rica. Nobody hated on me for it.
    And i don't hate the guy, I certainly don't know enough about him to. He could at least find someone to ask to talk to me though because I hate washing dishes and that is what his lack of ability lead to. It took me at least 30 seconds to wash that dish. That is 30 seconds I want back. His job at that point was CUSTOMER SERVICE and I would certainly say a LANGUAGE BARRIER is FAIL when given that position.

nyed1010
    nyed1010's Avatar Become A Pro!

all of that caused by the desire to not have to wash a single plate.........

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by nyed1010 View Post
    all of that caused by the desire to not have to wash a single plate.........
    lazy gringo, no shit china is number 1. shit like this, gtfo

wrongturn
    Update your status
    wrongturn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3726

Funny, the guy serving you had the same thought about you when you didn't say his language in his restaurant.

DeeWizzle
    DeeWizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 109

You shouId write your congressman and Iet him know how difficuIt a hard working immigrant has made your Iife by making you wash a pIate.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Points Awarded:

brooks85 gave cant call it 25 SBR Point(s) for this post.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Then who is going to cook authentic Chinese or Mexican food if you kick the people who don't speak English out of the country. I don't care what language the cook speaks as long as the food tastes great!

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

Steve I know how you feel... I feel the same way about Shari's presence in PT.. she doesn't speak the language. She writes 500 word replies... when 90% of the posts are suppose to be short one liners backhanding the original poster.

jgray
    jgray's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Dude, you've got the argument all messed up. The problem with foreigners not learning English is when they want something and expect us to cater to them in their language - schools, DMV, etc. Here, this guy is trying to provide a service and you want something. If enough customers want Chinese food AND to discuss the physical properties of the dish it comes in, the guy won't stay in business. My guess, though, is that most people are only concerned about the food so he should be alright.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

I agree but just the dudes leave. We got too many dudes in this country anyway.

30K Millionaire
    Fade Yourself
    30K Millionaire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 592

I have had similar problems at chinese restaurants. I asked the guy if the kung pao chicken had nuts it it (since I'm deathly allergic), and he looked at me like he didn't understand one word I said. Well I didn't feel like going to the hospital because this guy couldn't speak English. Finally I just gave up and ordered the sesame chicken.

Rod1010
    Rod1010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

u dont like it ? dont eat their food

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

Quote Originally Posted by stevek173 View Post

So I say "Are these containers the food is in microwavable?" obviously a concern because I don't want to contaminate my food with melted plastic. I get a blank stare back. "Can you put these is the microwave?" NOTHING. "AM I ABLE TO PUT THESE CONTAINERS IN THE MICROWAVE TO HEAT MY FOOD."

A-MEN brother

I had went into this Chinese place the other day i was like "let me get shrimp and brocoli" - simple right? so I swear this dude turn around and start yelling at the guy cooking in the back "CHEENG CHONG CHONG DONG DONG DONGBING DONG DONGDONG CHING" and sh*t like that

and i was like "WHOA! hol' up hol' up hol' up hol' up.....muhfu*ker I said SHRIMP.........ok?.....and BROCOLI..........I didnt say no ching chong ching ching ching chong...."

This Chinese m****rf***er start telling me "ok ok ok ok no prahlem no prahlem ok ok ok"

10 minutes later come to find out that m****rf***er gave me this spagetti sh*t that had chicken and them tiny corns in it

I ate it anyway, had to admit it was pretty good but damn learn the langauge or GTFO OUT OF THE COUNTRY!!!

Poster X
    Poster X's Avatar Become A Pro!

if you can't order in chinese you should eat american food.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDime View Post

A-MEN brother

I had went into this Chinese place the other day i was like "let me get shrimp and brocoli" - simple right? so I swear this dude turn around and start yelling at the guy cooking in the back "CHEENG CHONG CHONG DONG DONG DONGBING DONG DONGDONG CHING" and sh*t like that

and i was like "WHOA! hol' up hol' up hol' up hol' up.....muhfu*ker I said SHRIMP.........ok?.....and BROCOLI..........I didnt say no ching chong ching ching ching chong...."

This Chinese m****rf***er start telling me "ok ok ok ok no prahlem no prahlem ok ok ok"

10 minutes later come to find out that m****rf***er gave me this spagetti sh*t that had chicken and them tiny corns in it

I ate it anyway, had to admit it was pretty good but damn learn the langauge or GTFO OUT OF THE COUNTRY!!!
    So do Chinese people in CR have to know Spanish or English for someone whose native language is English to communicate?

What if a Dutch person goes to a Chinese restaurant in a Spanish speaking country? Does the poor Chinese guy have to know Dutch on top of Spanish and English!!!

rem sleep
    rem sleep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18807

First you should buy some paper plates.

Secondly you dont have the right to kick someone out of the country just because they don't speak English. English isn't the offcial language of the USA so your argument only makes you look like a xenophobic lazy moron.

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

Whenever I call and order delivery at a Chinese place I find myself talking like them, and dropping some words from the sentence to try to help them understand me.. example..

chinese place: may i hep u
    me: place.. order.. delivery.
    chinese place: ok go hed
    me: general tso chicken
    chinese place: k
    me: pork flied lice
    me: 2 egg ro's
    me: thats it
    me: I pay credit card

fukk it im done... this isnt as funny as I thought it would be

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

i swear I have no idea why chinese dudes talk like that

they must think its cool

they could talk like regular people if they wanted to

its probably super cool to talk like that where they are from

hard to believe but trust me i bet you it is

i bet you where they are from talking like that is how you get chicks and are seen as cool and edgy

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    Sure they did, you just did not understand them!!

bobbyfk
    Las Vegas Local
    bobbyfk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

it would have probably tasting like crap in the microwave anyway. Just throw it in a frying pan with a little oil and let it heat up on the stove

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Nah, it's because you are taught to pronounce your language in a specific way, and when you try to speak another language the way that you were taught, it comes out sounding pretty weird. I know plenty Americans that live in Costa Rica, that speak Spanish, but still try to speak it with the American accent, and it just sounds funny. I really don't know why the Chinese (or anyone else) don't put forth the effort to learn to speak with the appropriate accent.

bobbyfk
    Las Vegas Local
    bobbyfk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

Quote Originally Posted by stevek173 View Post
    Well screw you most of you cant afford rice nevermind sushi. Anyway moving on.

I'm like damn I'm going to have to wash a dish, something I have been desperately been trying not to do since I moved into this one bedroom mansion.
    you claim people on here cant afford rice , while you eat sushi and are a high roller yet, you cant afford paper plates? not only that but you go to a Chinese restraunt and expect people to speak english?i have never been to a oriental restraunt where they speak perfect english. Ive been to ones with white people who spoke english and the food sucked.you know why? because they aren't Chinese. whats next sending the bus boy back to mexico because you wanted to know if the plastic spork was safe to use to stir the boiling water in the chicken noodle soup your making for tomorrows lunch?

bradthebloke
    bradthebloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

my chicks parents only speak spanish. I love it. I dont have to talk to them over the holidays.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

I think your anger is stemming from your breakup last week.
    Join a gym and work out 5 times a week. You will feel a lot better and little stuff like this won't bother you so much.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by GOIRISH View Post
    you claim people on here cant afford rice , while you eat sushi and are a high roller yet, you cant afford paper plates? not only that but you go to a Chinese restraunt and expect people to speak english?i have never been to a oriental restraunt where they speak perfect english. Ive been to ones with white people who spoke english and the food sucked.you know why? because they aren't Chinese. whats next sending the bus boy back to mexico because you wanted to know if the plastic spork was safe to use to stir the boiling water in the chicken noodle soup your making for tomorrows lunch?
    I have been to a Chinese restaurant where they spoke perfect English. It was the worst food I have ever had.

36mafia
    36mafia's Avatar Become A Pro!

easy, this is universal and gets the message across
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 01-27-15 at 01:13 PM.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Better be careful pissing the guy off...the next time you may get a special sauce on your sushi...and it won't be wasabi

12 Last