Ninersnut
    Money talks and bullshit runs marathons
    Ninersnut's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone ever get all f'd up off absinthe before?

Only had the stuff once. I thought it was supposed to make you trip a little. Had it in A.C. a few years back celebrating a birthday but all it tasted like was Everclear. Strong as hell but did nothing for me. Not sure how much you would need to drink to accomplish any sort of other high. Anyone have experience with this stuff?

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

no i have only heard stories

Ninersnut

Atleast then you couldn't get it in the states. My buddy got it at a Dutyfree coming back from Isreal. I would like to take another go at it.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I've had it once, my old roommate brought a bottle back from Europe. I've heard that you have to drink it with a cube of sugar for the "special effects" to kick in. I don't know if this is true, but a couple of people have told me that something in the sugar reacts...can anyone clarify that?

HauntingTheHoly
    HauntingTheHoly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

I've had it. Friend brought a bottle back from Prague. We looked up online the proper way to prepare/drink it and yes, it involved taking it with sugar. I'm not sure if the sugar "reacts" with anything, though. I doubt it. I think you're supposed to cook the sugar in a teaspoon with a lighter like it's heroine, lol. It was a long time ago, not srue. The effect? I'd say it got us drunk and probably had the placebo affect in making us a feel "a bit different" - maybe that was the thujone (the drug in it, wrong spelling here and I ain't looking it up) or maybe it was our imaginations. Not really significant, though.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Interesting. Thanks for the post Holy. That's pretty much what I've heard, that the sugar has to be cooked/dissolved while drinking the absinthe.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

I have had it many times. Little different to Pernod or Ouzo TBH.
    I have no idea why it was banned in so many countries.

surfcity963
    surfcity963's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 153

you pour it over a slotted spoon with the sugar cube in it. Taste like yager or licorish

Ninersnut

I'm sure you could probably order it offline and ship it into the U.S. was just wondering what everyone's experiences were.

minet123
    Is JJ a Higher Power ?
    minet123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3753

I had it in France with the whole sugar ritual
    It still taste like turpentine
    and it was just another drunk
    I think the Hallucinogenic agent is wormwood and If you smoked one joint in high school you already have a tolerance to it

Merella
    Merella's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18827

Quote Originally Posted by surfcity963 View Post
    you pour it over a slotted spoon with the sugar cube in it. Taste like yager or licorish
    ya last time I bought it came with the slotted spoon attached to the bottle..fun times