jwbama23
    LSUCKS
    jwbama23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

has anyone ever been to

Couples Negril or Couples Swept Away?

I think me and the ole lady are heading there for the honeymoon and wanted to hear some opinions.

There is a nude beach which could be good or horrible.
    Last edited by jwbama23; 01-19-11 at 09:53 PM.

Maverick11
    Maverick11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1109

If your talking about Negril, Jamaica I had some friends who went there and loved it. Don't know if they went to the nude beach or not though.

Vol_Bengal
    Vol_Bengal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Went to 2-3 nude beaches down in the caribbean when we went on a cruise a few years back... believe me, you aren't seeing what you see on TV! The only people we saw that actually were nekkid had stuff floppy and saggy and sloppy...

bleck. Won't go back, for sure.

jwbama23
    LSUCKS
    jwbama23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

I'm thinking the scenery will be probably be nasty as well. It will still be interesting

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Quote Originally Posted by jwbama23 View Post
    Couples Negril or Couples Swept Away?

I think me and the ole lady are heading there for the honeymoon and wanted to hear some opinions.

There is a nude beach which could be good or horrible.
    It feels great for the sun to be hitting every inch of your body.

The sights? Most people look better with their clothes on.

Jhaug98
    Jhaug98's Avatar Become A Pro!

Like mentioned before, it's NEVER what its out to be on TV..

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaug98 View Post
    Like mentioned before, it's NEVER what its out to be on TV..
    Nope...there's some truth to the saying that at clothing optional beaches the naked chicks are the ones you don't want to see naked.

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

I prefer Swept Away of the two. They're both very nice, but I like Swept Away's resort layout and overall ambiance better. I like how they're rooms are "bungalow" style. It gives you a real caribbean experience, where Couples Negril is more of a typical hotel format. As far as the nude beach, almost every resort in Jamaica offers one, but Couples Swept Away doesn't. Couples Negril does, HOWEVER, it's not "in your face". Couples has seperate beaches for "prude" and "au natural" and if your not looking for nude, it's not going to find you, generally speaking. The food and service at Couples resorts are excellent, but their resorts have been around now for a number of years and they can be slightly outdated and overpriced compared to some newer and nicer resorts chains throughout the Caribbean/Mexico such as Secrets or Excellence, but atleast Couples offers "ultra-inclusive" which also includes golf, scuba, excursions, etc. Anyone going to Jamaica I would strongly suggest staying in the Negril area, the beaches and nightlife are much better than MoBay or Ocho Rios. Jwbama check out tripadvisor.com, it is the bible for leisure travelers and will help you make a decision. It will give you customer feedback, ratings, and pictures from guests who stayed at a particular resort. You can look up almost any resort/hotel in the world.
    Last edited by ehp6737; 01-20-11 at 09:02 AM.