Chugs
    Chugs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 594

Chicken Ideas?

I have some regular plain chicken breast, I usually either just grill it on the Foreman or bake it in the oven and eat it plain or with a little bit of bbq sauce or italian marinade, but im getting sick of that.

Any of you guys got some good chicken recipes or ideas? How do you like your chicken?

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

tandoori chicken

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

blacken it in a cast iron skillet

Need the right Cajun seasoning and a good amount of butter, you can have one hell of a good piece of chicken

Chugs

Quote Originally Posted by onetrickpony View Post
    tandoori chicken
    I have boneless chicken breast, and dont have yogurt or tandoori spice to make it, but that does look good.

lemart5
    FOOTBALL TIME
    lemart5's Avatar Become A Pro!

2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
    1 1/4 cups Italian salad dressing, divided
    4 cups fresh spinach, torn
    1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
    8 sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil, chopped
    1 (1 pound) loaf focaccia bread, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
    1/4 cup olive oil
    Directions

Place the chicken and 1 cup salad dressing in a bowl. Cover, and marinate at least 3 hours in the refrigerator.
    Preheat the grill for high heat.
    Lightly oil the grill grate. Discard dressing used for marinating, and grill chicken 7 minutes per side, or until juices run clear. Cool and shred.
    In a large bowl, mix the cooked chicken, spinach, feta cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, and remaining dressing.
    Brush the focaccia bread with olive oil, and cook 1 minute per side on the prepared grill, or until lightly toasted. Place portions of the chicken mixture on the toasted focaccia to serve.

Chugs

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    blacken it in a cast iron skillet

Need the right Cajun seasoning and a good amount of butter, you can have one hell of a good piece of chicken
    Good idea, love blackened chicken ... now I just need to invest in a cast iron skillet

samgurt
    samgurt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

CANDIED CHICKEN BREASTS
    Read more about it at www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1839,154184-228193,00.html
    Content Copyright © 2011 Cooks.com - All rights reserved.
    2 whole chicken breasts, halved
    Salt & pepper
    1 c. maple syrup
    1/2 c. white vinegar
    1/2 c. catsup

Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place skin side down in 9"x13" baking pan. Combine remaining ingredients until blended. Pour over chicken. Cover with foil and bake at 325 degrees for 1 1/2 hours. Turn chicken. Bake, uncovered 30 minutes, basting frequently to glaze chicken. Great served over rice.

I usually put some chipotle powder in mine too for a little more flavor. good stuff

Not too many ingredients, easy to make

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Hey Chugs you cheap fuk

Go to the fukkin restaurant and buy red herring and stop trying to be cheap cooking chicken at home

The Foreman Grill makes rubber fukkin chicken

I will never forget when Teddy B ate a chicken from the formean grill, he spit it out and said it was like sucking a rubber rooster

southie
    southie's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like it raw.

Chugs

Quote Originally Posted by lemart5 View Post
    2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
    1 1/4 cups Italian salad dressing, divided
    4 cups fresh spinach, torn
    1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
    8 sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil, chopped
    1 (1 pound) loaf focaccia bread, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
    1/4 cup olive oil
    Directions

Place the chicken and 1 cup salad dressing in a bowl. Cover, and marinate at least 3 hours in the refrigerator.
    Preheat the grill for high heat.
    Lightly oil the grill grate. Discard dressing used for marinating, and grill chicken 7 minutes per side, or until juices run clear. Cool and shred.
    In a large bowl, mix the cooked chicken, spinach, feta cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, and remaining dressing.
    Brush the focaccia bread with olive oil, and cook 1 minute per side on the prepared grill, or until lightly toasted. Place portions of the chicken mixture on the toasted focaccia to serve.
    Quote Originally Posted by samgurt View Post
    CANDIED CHICKEN BREASTS
    Read more about it at www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1839,154184-228193,00.html
    Content Copyright © 2011 Cooks.com - All rights reserved.
    2 whole chicken breasts, halved
    Salt & pepper
    1 c. maple syrup
    1/2 c. white vinegar
    1/2 c. catsup

Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place skin side down in 9"x13" baking pan. Combine remaining ingredients until blended. Pour over chicken. Cover with foil and bake at 325 degrees for 1 1/2 hours. Turn chicken. Bake, uncovered 30 minutes, basting frequently to glaze chicken. Great served over rice.

I usually put some chipotle powder in mine too for a little more flavor. good stuff

Not too many ingredients, easy to make
    Nice recipes here, have to keep these in mind next time I hit the grocery store.

Shark
    Shark's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10430

a little twist on the marinated grill chicken in italian dressing is to cut it up into diced pieces and then combine the diced chicken in a large bowl with mustard and mayo, along with some salt and pepper and you have a decent chicken salad.

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3655

Make the Chicken on the Foreman grill. While cooking that make some Chicken Flavored Ramen noodles. Drain it so it's not soupy but not too dry. Add chicken. Instant meal for under $2. Can't beat it!

Chugs

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Hey Chugs you cheap fuk

Go to the fukkin restaurant and buy red herring and stop trying to be cheap cooking chicken at home

The Foreman Grill makes rubber fukkin chicken

I will never forget when Teddy B ate a chicken from the formean grill, he spit it out and said it was like sucking a rubber rooster

Gold, I forgot you eat red herring every night.

Since when was eating chicken for cheap fukks? haha Gotta keep that protein up Gold, I do eat a lot of salmon and ny strip steak too, so that should balance out the cheapness.

And I agree, if you dont cook it right, chicken on the foreman can taste like a rubber rooster.
    Last edited by Chugs; 01-18-11 at 08:49 PM.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

best thing about foreman is getting the char mark out of it and then finishing it in the oven. Something like this

place chicken breast in brine for at least an hour, overnight is best

brine:

mix together

1/2 gal of water
    1/2 cup of salt
    1/4 cup of sugar, brown sugar

Put the breast on the foreman for about min or 2, long enough to get a good char. Put the chicken breast in a baking dish and wrap tight with foil, poke a few holes and place in a 350 degree oven for about 15mins. Take the dish out, remove the foil, add some BBQ sauce, replace foil and cook for another 15mins. Take dish back out, remove foil, add sauce and bake another 10-15 without the foil. When time is up take the dish bake out and replace foil and let it sit for about 10 mins before eating. You can do this with pork also and cook times depend on size of meat, like a fryer breast to a griller breast and how many you are cooking.

Chugs

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    best thing about foreman is getting the char mark out of it and then finishing it in the oven. Something like this

place chicken breast in brine for at least an hour, overnight is best

brine:

mix together

1/2 gal of water
    1/2 cup of salt
    1/4 cup of sugar, brown sugar

Put the breast on the foreman for about min or 2, long enough to get a good char. Put the chicken breast in a baking dish and wrap tight with foil, poke a few holes and place in a 350 degree oven for about 15mins. Take the dish out, remove the foil, add some BBQ sauce, replace foil and cook for another 15mins. Take dish back out, remove foil, add sauce and bake another 10-15 without the foil. When time is up take the dish bake out and replace foil and let it sit for about 10 mins before eating. You can do this with pork also and cook times depend on size of meat, like a fryer breast to a griller breast and how many you are cooking.
    Interesting, Might have to give that a try.

I just went with cutting the thinly sliced chicken breast into smaller pieces.
    Marinate them with Italian Dressing in a rubbermade for a little while.
    Cover pan in olive oil and a little bit of butter.
    Put burner on high for about 3-4 minutes.
    Dump chicken into pan and seer on both sides.
    Put burner on low and place cover on pan for about a minute or two.
    Take cover off and flip and mix.
    Put cover on for about another minutes or two.
    Take off the cover and put Old Bay seasoning on the chicken.
    Mix around a cook for another minute or two, and apply Old Bay as needed.

Delicious

Facepunch
    Facepunch's Avatar Become A Pro!

Next time you are thinking about chicken make sure you do not rule out battering that shit up.

Just mix 2 cups of flower
    Generous helping of Garlic powder
    Pepper
    and whatever else you have around the crib (pepper, allspice, salt etc. )
    and mix in about a cup of bud light (or any other beer)
    Until it is soupy,

dip the chicken and fry that shit.

Not healthy , but tasty.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

I heard chicken with watermelon was pretty good.

Casperwaits
    West Side Story
    Casperwaits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Casper's Chicken Recipe

Ingredients:

1 chicken breast
    1 cup of Italian dressing
    1 pint of Guinness
    1 TV remote control
    1 Asian Hooker

Take your chicken breast, marinate it in the Italian dressing. Grab your pint of Guinness and remote control, sit on the couch and tell that b**ch to make you some dinner. Eat and repeat until she gets fed up or you get full. Best recipe.

samgurt
    samgurt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by samgurt View Post
    CANDIED CHICKEN BREASTS Read more about it at www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1839,154184-228193,00.html Content Copyright © 2011 Cooks.com - All rights reserved. 2 whole chicken breasts, halved Salt & pepper 1 c. maple syrup 1/2 c. white vinegar 1/2 c. catsup Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place skin side down in 9"x13" baking pan. Combine remaining ingredients until blended. Pour over chicken. Cover with foil and bake at 325 degrees for 1 1/2 hours. Turn chicken. Bake, uncovered 30 minutes, basting frequently to glaze chicken. Great served over rice. I usually put some chipotle powder in mine too for a little more flavor. good stuff Not too many ingredients, easy to make
    I forgot to mention that I don't add vinegar either. I did my 1st time making it and it wasn't too good.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Slow cook 'em with a can of cream of mushroom soup. You can do it in the oven or in a pan on the stove.

jw
    jw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6737

My chicken fall-backs ...

1. Stir-fry it ... get small amnt of oil real hot .. throw in some garlic/onions ... cut chicken into thin strips ... cook very hot with a splash of soy/oyster sauce serve over rice ... feel free to add whatever other crap you have in the fridge .. mushrooms, broccoli - whatever.

2. Fried Rice ...

3. pick up a pack of "Knorr Four Cheese Sauce Mix" ... cube chicken .. fry in a bit of oil + season salt/pepper ... put together with sauce over some pasta ..

4. Kabob .. http://www.thehcgdrops.com/blogs/blo...n-kabob-recipe with some cucumber sauce/lettuce/onion in a pita bread.
    Last edited by jw; 01-19-11 at 08:16 PM.

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

Chicken breast ultimate Nuggets:
    1.Dice cut the breast, nuggets size. Season them with salt and pepper.
    2.Prepare 3 plates and each one has flour, eggs, and italian bread crumbs.
    3. Coat the nuggets size breast on flour, eggs and bread crumbs.
    4. Fry them in a fry pan in a lil bit of oil until its golden brown.

Enjoy them with any kind of sauce you like including my favorite ranch sauce. BEER TO DRINK too.

dwaechte
    dwaechte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    I heard chicken with watermelon was pretty good.
    Has to be fried though

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

cacciatore

Outlawdino
    Outlawdino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cut the thawed chicken into "chunk" sizes...marinate with a little balsamic vinegar, olive oil and mustard (dijon) for a 12 hours or a day in your fridge covered. The balsamic vinegar will caramelize the chicken so it doesnt burn and keeps the juices well. This works great on a charcoal grill with soaked apple chips smoking up the flavor...do a "stir fry" with sliced onions, bell peppers, ect. My wife digs it, better than we can get at any major food chain establishment.

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED
    YorkHunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

Chickem Tetrazini

scoobs
    scoobs's Avatar Become A Pro!

cook chicken in a skillet and put mozzeralla cheese on each peice. Then put marinara sauce on it.

nj6
    nj6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2592

chicken on top of corn tortilla with fresh made salsa and some lime juice on top

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Cut a 2in pocket in the breast and stuff it with boursain or goat cheese. Sear the chicken over high heat in a tablespoon of olive oil (both sidess), for a minute or two. Transfer to an oven safe dish (or sear in an oven safe skillet) add some beans, brocoli, asp, or brussel sprouts. Roast at 350 for 15 or 20 mins till the chicken is done.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

cajun seasoning with hot sauce

szk1983
    szk1983's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 109

put rosemary on the chicken!

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Chicken ceaser is always a food fall back too, mad easy, everything comes pre-done, dressing (I like newmans own creamy ceasar), prewashed romaine, bag o croutons. Sear the chix, dice it or strip it, toss it and top w/ some fresh parm.

jbrent95
    jbrent95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1450

Healthy: Grill it, cut it up, and put it in a salad.

Not so healthy: Grill it, cut it up, and mix it with mac and cheese.

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

Soak the shit in buttermilk, roll it in flour, fry it in oil. What the fuk else would you do with chicken???

12 Last