whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone have any extra CarFax searches left? Will give points if allowed

Need someone to run a VIN# through for me if they have any extra searches. Figure it's a longshot but can't hurt to try.

Let me know, thanks!

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5045

Can't help you....but CARFAX is one of the biggest jokes in the auto industry. Especially if the car was ever a rental. Rental companies are self-insured and any accidents will not be reported.

My dealership dropped CARFAX like a hot potato. We use a Texas DMV search called AUTO Check because CARFAX is expensive and crooked.

JimmysEgo
    JimmysEgo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by Carseller4 View Post
    Can't help you....but CARFAX is one of the biggest jokes in the auto industry. Especially if the car was ever a rental. Rental companies are self-insured and any accidents will not be reported. My dealership dropped CARFAX like a hot potato. We use a Texas DMV search called AUTO Check because CARFAX is expensive and crooked.
    but how well do your customers take it when you say, "we can't give you a carfax."?

Carseller4

Quote Originally Posted by JimmysEgo View Post
    but how well do your customers take it when you say, "we can't give you a carfax."?
    Give them an AUTO CHECK.....they don't even know the difference.....

In fact 40% of the time...when a customer asks for a CARFAX, I say sure we can get you one....and never do. Just keep selling and they forget about it.....

Customers are like trained dogs....they know what to do (ask for CARFAX) but they don't know why. They feel as long as they ask, they are doing the right thing.

OmgUrMom
    OmgUrMom's Avatar Become A Pro!

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by whatsgood5 View Post
    Need someone to run a VIN# through for me if they have any extra searches. Figure it's a longshot but can't hurt to try.

Let me know, thanks!
    grow up, stiff. you're destined to drive that 74' Pinto you been driving for years now.

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

Can't help you....but CARFAX is one of the biggest jokes in the auto industry. Especially if the car was ever a rental. Rental companies are self-insured and any accidents will not be reported. My dealership dropped CARFAX like a hot potato. We use a Texas DMV search called AUTO Check because CARFAX is expensive and crooked.
    thats why

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Auto check's what Ebay uses, seems to be just as good.

I got quick Q for ya that ya probably don't know seeing how you're in a different state and not a private seller, but anyways can hurt to ask.

I live in NY, and would be buying a car from a private seller in NJ. How exactly can I drive the car back? I'm assuming the guy would want his license plates and likely doesn't have temporary plates for me...any idea what I'd do?

Anyone can asnwer this btw, not just Carseller.

Carseller4

Quote Originally Posted by whatsgood5 View Post
    Auto check's what Ebay uses, seems to be just as good.

I got quick Q for ya that ya probably don't know seeing how you're in a different state and not a private seller, but anyways can hurt to ask.

I live in NY, and would be buying a car from a private seller in NJ. How exactly can I drive the car back? I'm assuming the guy would want his license plates and likely doesn't have temporary plates for me...any idea what I'd do?

Anyone can asnwer this btw, not just Carseller.
    Just make sure you have the bill of sale, and make sure you have some type of proof of insurance.

jennahazeplays
    jennahazeplays's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have the Car Flaps

BatemanPatrickl
    JayVegas420 Contest Winner
    BatemanPatrickl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Don't give this guy anything he is a stiff that celebrates ripping people off.

excel
    unapproved
    excel's Avatar Become A Pro!

Give them an AUTO CHECK.....they don't even know the difference.....

In fact 40% of the time...when a customer asks for a CARFAX, I say sure we can get you one....and never do. Just keep selling and they forget about it.....

Customers are like trained dogs....they know what to do (ask for CARFAX) but they don't know why. They feel as long as they ask, they are doing the right thing.