The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post
    Well if you were smart you'd understand South Park is a left wing satirical show. Obviously you don't get it.
    You think South Park is LEFT wing?

you liberals have your heads stuck so far up your own asses you can't even realize when you're being made fun of. Hilarious.

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

Apparently Mark Twains books are being cleaned up for the USA all because it uses the word N IGG ER.

Mark Medley, National Post · Wednesday, Jan. 5, 2011

The literary world is in an uproar over a U.S. publisher's decision to release a bowdlerized version of Mark Twain's classic novel Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.

Next month, Alabama publishing house NewSouth Books will release an updated version of the novel that replaces the word "******" -- which appears 219 times--with the word "slave." The word "Injun" will also be expunged.

The process is "not an effort to render Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn colour-blind," says the book's editor, Alan Gribben, but to help it reach a wider audience.

Read more: http://www.nationalpost.com/Cleaning...#ixzz1BCnUA1NG

buztah
    buztah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Reload View Post
    That's ridiculous. The song has been around so long and is a classic. Got played constantly on MTV even with that word in it.

Hangings in the town square used to be classic.

It was classic for a woman to stay barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen and not work, vote or drive.

It was classic for black men to work involuntarily in the field and to have their children sold into slavery.

Canada is a guiding light in this world and despite having a population that pales in comparison to the United States, never hesitates to stand up to your brash and boorish ignorance. The one time we went to war, you invaded us and we kicked your goddamn asses and burnt your capital to the phucking ground. Let us know when you want to go again, ignorant motherphuckaz!!!

Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

The Mark Twain books should not be censored because they demonstrate history. We may not always be proud of all of our history, but it is important that future generations see what the past was like and hopefully learn and evolve from that.

The banning of the Dire Straits song is ridiculous. The song does not promote homophobia, rather it is quoting someone who made a homophobic comment. Bureaucracy at its finest.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Quote Originally Posted by buztah View Post
    Hangings in the town square used to be classic.

It was classic for a woman to stay barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen and not work, vote or drive.

It was classic for black men to work involuntarily in the field and to have their children sold into slavery.

Canada is a guiding light in this world and despite having a population that pales in comparison to the United States, never hesitates to stand up to your brash and boorish ignorance. The one time we went to war, you invaded us and we kicked your goddamn asses and burnt your capital to the phucking ground. Let us know when you want to go again, ignorant motherphuckaz!!!
    There's quite a difference between 30 years ago and over 150 years ago. The point the person was making was that just 30 years ago should still be relevant. Over 150 years ago is not relevant to this conversation.

Our 2 countries have changed dramatically over that 150 years. I'm afraid Canada would be no match for the US today.

forsberg21
    forsberg21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2601

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumLeap View Post

There's quite a difference between 30 years ago and over 150 years ago. The point the person was making was that just 30 years ago should still be relevant. Over 150 years ago is not relevant to this conversation.

Our 2 countries have changed dramatically over that 150 years. I'm afraid Canada would be no match for the US today.
    Thank you for stating the obvious.

The fact of the matter is that the US military and its gigantic expenditures are one of the main reasons why the US is in the position they're in. Fighting pointless wars in Iraq and Afghanistan have cost the US hundreds of billions of dollars, with nothing to really show for it.

I'm actually glad that "I'm afraid Canada would be no match for the US today", because all that means is that Canada hasn't drowned itself in debt in order to build a superior military, where such a military is becoming less and less relevant in today's world. Economy is the new military. Case in point: Look at China...

The Madcap

Quote Originally Posted by buztah View Post
    The one time we went to war, you invaded us and we kicked your goddamn asses and burnt your capital to the phucking ground. Let us know when you want to go again, ignorant motherphuckaz!!!
    You're taking credit for the burning of DC? That was only possible because of the importation of thousands of soldiers from England. And we captured plenty of Canadian territory, if we hadn't, there would have been no need for the Treaty of Ghent.

The only reason you're not speaking Russian right now is thanks to us. So shut the F*** up and go play some hockey.

The Madcap

Quote Originally Posted by forsberg21 View Post
    Thank you for stating the obvious.

The fact of the matter is that the US military and its gigantic expenditures are one of the main reasons why the US is in the position they're in. Fighting pointless wars in Iraq and Afghanistan have cost the US hundreds of billions of dollars, with nothing to really show for it.

I'm actually glad that "I'm afraid Canada would be no match for the US today", because all that means is that Canada hasn't drowned itself in debt in order to build a superior military, where such a military is becoming less and less relevant in today's world. Economy is the new military. Case in point: Look at China...
    Yeah, let's look at China. Their growing economy is the envy of the world. That's why China's not building up their military. Oh, wait.....I forgot, they are MASSIVELY EXPANDING THEIR MILITARY.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKTRE54363X20090504

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...07/3107956.htm

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-called-worry/

http://chinatrade.foreignpolicyblogs...ast-china-sea/

forsberg21

Quote Originally Posted by The Madcap View Post

You're taking credit for the burning of DC? That was only possible because of the importation of thousands of soldiers from England. And we captured plenty of Canadian territory, if we hadn't, there would have been no need for the Treaty of Ghent.

The only reason you're not speaking Russian right now is thanks to us. So shut the F*** up and go play some hockey.
    LOL, RUSSIAN?!?!? If you said German, then at least I would have known what you were referring to... man what do they teach you guys in school?

forsberg21

Yeah, let's look at China. Their growing economy is the envy of the world. That's why China's not building up their military. Oh, wait.....I forgot, they are MASSIVELY EXPANDING THEIR MILITARY.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKTRE54363X20090504

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...07/3107956.htm

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-called-worry/

http://chinatrade.foreignpolicyblogs...ast-china-sea/

-500 says you didn't read any of those articles and another -2000 says that you just typed in "China military" into Google and that you now feel that you've "proven your point" by copying and pasting them.

Anyways, if you can't understand why "Economy" is the new "Military", then please don't act as if you do so and don't get into any discussions on this topic. I'll give you a 101.

China's economy, though currently not the world's largest, probably is the world's most interesting to study from a strategic point of view. As more and more manufacturing heads for China, China is further growing its monopoly as the world's factory due to their blatant manipulation of their currency. China has devalued the Yuan to make it appear to the rest of the world that their products are much cheaper than they actually are. By keeping their Yuan at low foreign exchange levels, when we look for cheap goods, China always comes up as the number one source. We neglect our own domestic industries in favour of China's in order to save a buck or two, how patriotic is that? This is killing the domestic manufacturing industry in every country other than China, and this is pure manipulation. How is that China, which has an economy roughly 1/3 the size of the US's, is currently holding over a trillion dollars worth of US treasury bills while the US drowns in debt? All of those manufacturing jobs that the US has lost have been lost for good, and most of them have been lost to China. You don't have to be the biggest to be the smartest, which is what the Chinese have shown us.

forsberg21

Yea so what's your point? A lot of US land was captured as well.

The Madcap

Sweet Jesus Forsberg, what crawled up your ass? Hold on a sec and I'll get back to you.

The Madcap

Yea so what's your point? A lot of US land was captured as well.
    My point was that history shows he has no point.

The Madcap

-500 says you didn't read any of those articles and another -2000 says that you just typed in "China military" into Google and that you now feel that you've "proven your point" by copying and pasting them.

Anyways, if you can't understand why "Economy" is the new "Military", then please don't act as if you do so and don't get into any discussions on this topic. I'll give you a 101.

China's economy, though currently not the world's largest, probably is the world's most interesting to study from a strategic point of view. As more and more manufacturing heads for China, China is further growing its monopoly as the world's factory due to their blatant manipulation of their currency. China has devalued the Yuan to make it appear to the rest of the world that their products are much cheaper than they actually are. By keeping their Yuan at low foreign exchange levels, when we look for cheap goods, China always comes up as the number one source. We neglect our own domestic industries in favour of China's in order to save a buck or two, how patriotic is that? This is killing the domestic manufacturing industry in every country other than China, and this is pure manipulation. How is that China, which has an economy roughly 1/3 the size of the US's, is currently holding over a trillion dollars worth of US treasury bills while the US drowns in debt? All of those manufacturing jobs that the US has lost have been lost for good, and most of them have been lost to China. You don't have to be the biggest to be the smartest, which is what the Chinese have shown us.
    Do you even know what we're talking about here?

Rewind and examine the context of this exchange. It didn't start with China. It started with Canada. Some Canadian made some comment about how it's all about economics, and that the U.S. should focus on economics and ignore the military, like Canada. Which led to someone else (you I think) agreeing with such sentiments, using China as an example. Which would be fine, except that no country in the world is investing more in developing their military right now than China. Do you see the problem with this comparison now with regards to the original point?

The Madcap

LOL, RUSSIAN?!?!? If you said German, then at least I would have known what you were referring to... man what do they teach you guys in school?
    It's possible someone else would have saved you from the Germans, but the U.S. is the only reason the Russians never ended up rolling across the Bering Sea and invading western Canada. The US has also kept you safe from them rooskies trying to highjack your territorial claims in the arctic which they would love to have for the oil reserves.

You get to sleep under the blanket of the security we provide, and you even get to bash our foreign policy while you do it, meaning you can travel the world with the freedom of the Swiss, while we are seen with scorn. I'd say you got a pretty good deal. So why not shut hell up and enjoy it?

forsberg21

Do you even know what we're talking about here?

Rewind and examine the context of this exchange. It didn't start with China. It started with Canada. Some Canadian made some comment about how it's all about economics, and that the U.S. should focus on economics and ignore the military, like Canada. Which led to someone else (you I think) agreeing with such sentiments, using China as an example. Which would be fine, except that no country in the world is investing more in developing their military right now than China. Do you see the problem with this comparison now with regards to the original point?
    Alright dude, I actually feel sorry for you man, really. I think that you probably heard this statement on Fox News. This is completely untrue. The US still spends more money on their military than the Chinese do, by a landslide, as in multiple times over and over, check the stats.

The news has the potential to manipulate people's minds, and until you figure out that this is Fox News' goal, you'll be part of the group with "manipulated" stamped on their foreheads.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

alot of queers in canada, they are half brittish half french

forsberg21

It's possible someone else would have saved you from the Germans, but the U.S. is the only reason the Russians never ended up rolling across the Bering Sea and invading western Canada. The US has also kept you safe from them rooskies trying to highjack your territorial claims in the arctic which they would love to have for the oil reserves.

You get to sleep under the blanket of the security we provide, and you even get to bash our foreign policy while you do it, meaning you can travel the world with the freedom of the Swiss, while we are seen with scorn. I'd say you got a pretty good deal. So why not shut hell up and enjoy it?
    "but the U.S. is the only reason the Russians never ended up rolling across the Bering Sea and invading western Canada" - That's a little far fetched, don't you think? Where is there any evidence of this? It doesn't exist because it's not true because that statement is complete and utter nonsense.

As for "The US has also kept you safe from them rooskies trying to highjack your territorial claims in the arctic which they would love to have for the oil reserves", the US hasn't actually done anything yet about this issue.

"You get to sleep under the blanket of the security we provide, and you even get to bash our foreign policy while you do it, meaning you can travel the world with the freedom of the Swiss, while we are seen with scorn. I'd say you got a pretty good deal. So why not shut hell up and enjoy it?" Couldn't agree with you anymore on this point Thanks for protecting us without having to pay for it

forsberg21

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    alot of queers in canada, they are half brittish half french
    And the US is just a former British colony, so I guess you're a queer too, right?

-1500 that this guy has never stepped foot in Canada before, min wager $1500

masr
    masr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5933

When push comes to shove and world resources get limited, US going to take over Canada

frizzelli
    frizzelli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by masr View Post
    When push comes to shove and world resources get limited, US going to take over Canada
    I would love to see you fuks try

forsberg21

Quote Originally Posted by masr View Post
    If that was true, that would have happened by now.

Plus, though Canada doesn't currently possess any nuclear weapons, it certainly has the ability to develop them very quickly. Wouldn't happen for the same reason the Cold War never ignited, MAD, Mutually Assured Destruction.

The Madcap

Alright dude, I actually feel sorry for you man, really. I think that you probably heard this statement on Fox News. This is completely untrue. The US still spends more money on their military than the Chinese do, by a landslide, as in multiple times over and over, check the stats.

The news has the potential to manipulate people's minds, and until you figure out that this is Fox News' goal, you'll be part of the group with "manipulated" stamped on their foreheads.
    Oh yeah, cause the "stats" never lie.

Tell me, do you think the literacy rate in Cuba is really 99 percent? That's what Castro says it is. Should we believe him?

Do you really think the Chinese are going to tell anyone how much money they are really spending on their military? Really? I mean really dude.

The fact is they have to be spending mad bank to be developing the things they have the last decade. From their computer systems, stealth technology, missile systems, ships, and that's just the shit we know about.

And hey, I'll even concede to you the USA does spend more money on their military than China, if you'll concede you're a dumbass for trying to infer China is focusing solely on their economy while ignoring militaristic pursuits, which is what this whole thing is about.
    Last edited by The Madcap; 01-16-11 at 05:38 PM.

The Madcap

"but the U.S. is the only reason the Russians never ended up rolling across the Bering Sea and invading western Canada" - That's a little far fetched, don't you think? Where is there any evidence of this? It doesn't exist because it's not true because that statement is complete and utter nonsense.

As for "The US has also kept you safe from them rooskies trying to highjack your territorial claims in the arctic which they would love to have for the oil reserves", the US hasn't actually done anything yet about this issue.

"You get to sleep under the blanket of the security we provide, and you even get to bash our foreign policy while you do it, meaning you can travel the world with the freedom of the Swiss, while we are seen with scorn. I'd say you got a pretty good deal. So why not shut hell up and enjoy it?" Couldn't agree with you anymore on this point Thanks for protecting us without having to pay for it
    You're welcome. Now shut the F*** up.

Lockitup1x
    Lockitup1x's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bunch of hosers up there

frizzelli
    frizzelli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Take off!! eh

forsberg21

Oh yeah, cause the "stats" never lie.

Tell me, do you think the literacy rate in Cuba is really 99 percent? That's what Castro says it is. Should we believe him?

Do you really think the Chinese are going to tell anyone how much money they are really spending on their military? Really? I mean really dude.

The fact is they have to be spending mad bank to be developing the things they have the last decade. From their computer systems, stealth technology, missile systems, ships, and that's just the shit we know about.

And hey, I'll even concede to you the USA does spend more money on their military than China, if you'll concede you're a dumbass for trying to infer China is focusing solely on their economy while ignoring militaristic pursuits, which is what this whole thing is about.
    Do you really think the Chinese are going to tell anyone how much money they are really spending on their military? Really? I mean really dude. You could say the same thing about the US. I'm going by published figures. You're going by unestablished theories. Which one sounds more credible?

if you'll concede you're a dumbass for trying to infer China is focusing solely on their economy while ignoring militaristic pursuits, which is what this whole thing is about
    I actually NEVER said that China is SOLELY focusing on their economy. If you read what I wrote, I said that China's economy is what gives them a great deal of their power. That is all. Relax brah!

Lockitup1x
    Lockitup1x's Avatar Become A Pro!

Please tell me you believe this applies to CNN and NBC as well...

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Turning into 1990s WWF in here

First 123