captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10398

$400 ??? That is all she is asking. She did you a favor by not calling the cops. She could have have easily said a much higher amount. This is nothing, you rear ended her , so it was your fault. She did you a favor and could have made it much worse. Do the right thing. Be honest and tell her you do not have the cash immediately but send her what you can and the rest in a couple of weeks. Do it before Karma catches up to you.

hokim
    hokim's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7784

Yes, you'd rather file a claim to your insurance company.

If it is only a scratch, she'll get far less amount and you'll get far less damage.

Lazy-Man
    Lazy-Man's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1137

*UPDATE*

She didn't text me all weekend. She just text me this morning saying I have exactly 1 week to come up with the money or she will get her lawyer involved. Now my question is what can her lawyer really do. No evidence and no police report filed

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

"I rear ended some girl a month ago but it was very minor. No dents at all just a few small scratches."

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

no one is dumb enough to hire a lawyer over $400. they cost more than that.

she will more than likely sue you in small claims court. since theres no police report or eye witnesses, it will be a typical she says he says case. the judge will rule in favor of who is more believable. i hope you have a good explaination as to why a complete stranger has your phone # and why you've been corresponding with her. if you texted her and admitted fault then your goose is cooked.

btw you cant recoup lawyer fees in small claims or get 3x the amount unless you wrote a check and stopped payment or some shit like that.

beaunose2002
    beaunose2002's Avatar Become A Pro!

accident

She doesnt have anything to charge you with. You never made a timetable as to when and how much to pay. Ask her for multiple quotes and tell her you will make payments.
    As long as youre in contact, there is nothing police can charge you with.

PocketChange
    Cheers.
    PocketChange's Avatar Become A Pro!

Post on Yahoo! Answers for real advice

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy-Man View Post
    *UPDATE*

She didn't text me all weekend. She just text me this morning saying I have exactly 1 week to come up with the money or she will get her lawyer involved. Now my question is what can her lawyer really do. No evidence and no police report filed
    with that threat i would offer her $50, or say you are calling her bluff. no lawyer will take such a frivolous case without a police report or anything of the sort

jalein
    jalein's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2650

There is a better than average chance that this broad is trying to juice you. Have her send you the estimates. Hopefully you have pics or something signed agreeing to the damage that resulted from your collision with her. My bet is her quote is at least TWICE what she was quoted.

I had a similar situation back in Jersey where I back in to a chic at less than 10 miles an hour. I dented her license plate frame. Didnt so much as dent the bumper and there was a small scratch where the bent license plate frame scratched the bumper. I apologized, gave her my name, phone number etc. I told her that I was more than willing to pay for a license plate, frame and the scratch. All conservatively could be handled for $75.00. Well, she called me a week later and said that I did structural damage to her car and that it would cost $800.00. I told her there was no way in Hell I was gonna give her $800 and that she would have to file with my insurance company. I never heard from her again.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9605

wow if i call you saying you owe me 300 bucks are you gonna pay me too. You need proof dude and not just estimates.
    There has to be a police report or you owe nothing, simple stuff.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

First off this is hilarious because you're Asian and therefore a bad driver. Just want to get that out there.

Judging from your responses throughout this thread you sound like one cheap, greasy fukk who is trying to weasel his way out of paying for his mistakes. Good for you, I'm sure that kind of approach in life is what has left you unable to pay a $400 debt. Fukking loser.

People have given you plenty of advice that you should be taking, instead you're escalating the issue with her by being a giant cowardly stiff. You're probably stupid enough to have sent her a text saying you will pay for damages, you just need more time.

Tell her to get 3 quotes and then drive over and meet her with cash and an agreement ready. Look over the 3 quotes, make sure they look legitimate, and then pay her after she signs.

Oh, and try not to hit anyone on your way to meet her you stupid bastard.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Vaughany

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

Quote Originally Posted by blackbeSSt View Post
    with that threat i would offer her $50, or say you are calling her bluff. no lawyer will take such a frivolous case without a police report or anything of the sort
    what is it with this kid and dumb answers?

how is it frivolous when op ADMITS to hitting her and causing damages to her vehicle????? do you even know what the word frivolous means?

police reports arent the be all or end all. there are thousands of cases without police reports that are resolved in courts every single day.

unlike criminal cases where you have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt, civil cases only require preponderance of the evidence, meaning if she can tilt the scale even 1% in her favor she wins. she can easily do this by showing the judge all the text messages where he admits to rear ending her and promising to pay.

$50? an oem bumper easily costs $500 not including additional damages to the metal underneath and labor.

so if someone rear ends you you will accept $50 and go on your way? yeah right. i bet you show up in a neck brace demanding medical fees. lol

but this dumb kid is correct about one thing: no lawyer will take this case. not because its frivolous or no police
    report was taken but because theres no money in it for them! lawyers only take % off injury claims but never from property damages. so if you werent injured they are not interested.

op needs to set up a payment plan if he knows whats good for him. because i guarantee she will go get an estimate which will be 2-3 times that and more if any metal underneath is damaged.

purecarnagge
    purecarnagge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

dumb ass wtf are you doing?

1. deny this bitch everything.
    2. I hope you never admitted guilt.
    3. Claim extortion if she goes to the police.
    4. She never filed a police report. Claim she said it wasn't that bad and wasn't a big deal. Advise the police that she didn't contact you until weeks later! (hopefully its more than a week.) you have 72 hours to file a accident report with the police.
    5. Go back to extortion thing...
    6. Get your insurance involved

Just a FYI

Nobody gets an attorney involved for 400.00. Also, she has no right to make demands about payment. She never called the police or filed accident reports.

BallU13
    BallU13's Avatar Become A Pro!

Deny deny deny. They have nothing on you, you are fine.

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    what is it with this kid and dumb answers?

1. how is it frivolous when op ADMITS to hitting her and causing damages to her vehicle????? do you even know what the word frivolous means?

2. police reports arent the be all or end all. there are thousands of cases without police reports that are resolved in courts every single day.

3. unlike criminal cases where you have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt, civil cases only require preponderance of the evidence, meaning if she can tilt the scale even 1% in her favor she wins. she can easily do this by showing the judge all the text messages where he admits to rear ending her and promising to pay.

4. $50? an oem bumper easily costs $500 not including additional damages to the metal underneath and labor.

5. so if someone rear ends you you will accept $50 and go on your way? yeah right. i bet you show up in a neck brace demanding medical fees. lol

6. but this dumb kid is correct about one thing: no lawyer will take this case. not because its frivolous or no police
    report was taken but because theres no money in it for them! lawyers only take % off injury claims but never from property damages. so if you werent injured they are not interested.

7. op needs to set up a payment plan if he knows whats good for him. because i guarantee she will go get an estimate which will be 2-3 times that and more if any metal underneath is damaged.
    1. yeah cause an internet gambling forum post will hold up real well in court as proof. YOU FAIL CRUSTYASS

2. no police report, no proof. YOU FAIL CRUSTYASS

3. how can she tilt? her word versus his. YOU FAIL YET AGAIN CRUSTYASS

4. yes $50. for being a bitch. kinda like you. SO YET ANOTHER FAIL BY YOU

5. no dumbass, i will get a police report and exchange insurance info. YOU FAIL CRUSTYASS

6. that and there's no proof. YOU SUCK CRUSTYASS

7. who cares about estimates. she has NO proof. an exchange in phone numbers means nothing. if she takes that to court all the OP has to do is say they exchange numbers in a bar. CRUSTYASS YOU ARE SUCH A FAIL I WISH SOMEONE WOULD HIT YOU WITH A CAR

acarmelo1
    The Panamanian Connection
    acarmelo1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1581

Did she already sent you the estimates?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post
    First off this is hilarious because you're Asian and therefore a bad driver. Just want to get that out there.

Judging from your responses throughout this thread you sound like one cheap, greasy fukk who is trying to weasel his way out of paying for his mistakes. Good for you, I'm sure that kind of approach in life is what has left you unable to pay a $400 debt. Fukking loser.

People have given you plenty of advice that you should be taking, instead you're escalating the issue with her by being a giant cowardly stiff. You're probably stupid enough to have sent her a text saying you will pay for damages, you just need more time.

Tell her to get 3 quotes and then drive over and meet her with cash and an agreement ready. Look over the 3 quotes, make sure they look legitimate, and then pay her after she signs.

acarmelo1
    The Panamanian Connection
    acarmelo1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1581

This is what you need to do!!!!!

biff
    dead
    biff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by blackbeSSt View Post
    1. yeah cause an internet gambling forum post will hold up real well in court as proof. YOU FAIL CRUSTYASS 2. no police report, no proof. YOU FAIL CRUSTYASS 3. how can she tilt? her word versus his. YOU FAIL YET AGAIN CRUSTYASS 4. yes $50. for being a bitch. kinda like you. SO YET ANOTHER FAIL BY YOU 5. no dumbass, i will get a police report and exchange insurance info. YOU FAIL CRUSTYASS 6. that and there's no proof. YOU SUCK CRUSTYASS 7. who cares about estimates. she has NO proof. an exchange in phone numbers means nothing. if she takes that to court all the OP has to do is say they exchange numbers in a bar. CRUSTYASS YOU ARE SUCH A FAIL I WISH SOMEONE WOULD HIT YOU WITH A CAR
    so stupid... yet can't stop laughing

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

I'm sure it's just a coincidence but does anyone else notice that the majority of people telling this idiot to not pay her and tell her to fukk off just so happen not to be SBR Pros.

biff
    dead

I'm sure it's just a coincidence but does anyone else notice that the majority of people telling this idiot to not pay her and tell her to fukk off just so happen not to be SBR Pros.
    key, you are a cool guy, do not turn into a pro snob. and this is from someone who will have pro status very soon.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by biff View Post
    key, you are a cool guy, do not turn into a pro snob. and this is from someone who will have pro status very soon.
    I've been an SBR Pro snob from day one. It's like being employed and hating people on welfare who won't even look for work. Completely justified. The only guy who has an excuse is acarmelo because he's in fukking Panama and hasn't seen $200 USD his entire life.

biff
    dead

I've been an SBR Pro snob from day one. It's like being employed and hating people on welfare who won't even look for work. Completely justified. The only guy who has an excuse is acarmelo because he's in fukking Panama and hasn't seen $200 USD his entire life.
    You are wrong. You know why I have yet to do it? I sign up with fake names on websites. I had no idea i would stay here or the importance of using a real name. Right now i'm trying to get the information of what name I used to register here and if it is mine I will become a "pro".

First 123