Doug
    Doug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1298

When was the last time a cop pulled you over ?

and what happened ?

warning ?
    ticket ?
    arrest ?

over 7 years for me !

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

It's a long time, a very long time. Have no idea where they are.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

It's been about 5-6 years for myself. I was driving home from a poker game with a buddy and some rogue copper pulled me over at like 2am just because. Asked if I had been drinking (which I hadn't) and said my tire hit the double-yellow. Gave me a warning and told me to drive safe. Probably just looking for a cheap ticket to make his quota.

Conan
    Conan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 818

holoween 2007 dui night in the tank somware aroud 5k in fines and shit and 6 months no licence and yes my costume was a convict striped suit and all

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

pulled over like 7 times recently. only one was legit (speeding).

the others were basically fishing expeditions. dont these d-bags have better things to do than pull me over for going speed limit? because only drug smugglers travel at speed limit apparently.

Diddlez
    Diddlez's Avatar Become A Pro!

I had 4 tickets for speeding all within the first year I had my license and haven't had any since.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Three months ago. I have gotten 4 tickets for talking on my cell phone while driving within 2 years.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Conan View Post
    holoween 2007 dui night in the tank somware aroud 5k in fines and shit and 6 months no licence and yes my costume was a convict striped suit and all
    awesome !

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

A few days ago. Nothing happened aside from the usual harassment. I've been getting stopped here almost every day lately, including being ticketed while not doing anything wrong last week (am going to fight this one in court) while the drunks and criminals get to drive on by. I don't think I'm going out on a limb here in stating that the only reason I get bothered so much is because I drive a muscle car. If I had a Toyota or similar boring POS this stuff would never happen.

Doug

I usually get arrested when pulled over. About 50/50.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

I got stopped going 103 mph about 2 months ago. It was about 9:30 at nite and on a stretch of road you can see at least 2 miles ahead of you. Relatively speaking, it wasn't all that unsafe.

Attorney friend of mine usually gets my tickets squashed, but on this one the county DA had a real hard-on. He threw a sh*tfit about it getting dismissed, and wanted to suspend my license.

Long story short.....my buddy calmed him down, and I just had to pay $400 today for deferred adjudication. No tickets for 6 months and it'll be wiped off my record.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

Just over a year ago. Was pulled over, and was told I didn't signal. It was a female cop, and she shined her light in the back seat and everything asking where I was going and coming from. Home, and from the ex's picking up my son.

Then I couldn't fine my damn registration and insurance card. She went back to write me a ticket for both. I found the registration, but no updated insurance card, all expired. So I got a ticket for no insurance. I asked the bitch if that stuff was in the computer in her car. She said no. Isn't it though?

After we pulled off, I asked my son if I put the turn signal on, and he said yes. She was just harassing, or had a call about a similar car.

Didn't have to pay the ticket, just sent in a updated insurance card to the court.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

I don't like to drive my R8 because it has gotten me pulled over 3 times in 6 months... When I drive my C class I blend in.

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

a couple of months ago, I was doing 52 in a 35 on my way home. He was parked on the shoulder and caught up to me a couple of red lights down. I pulled over into a parking lot pissed that I was going to get a ticket. He walks up to my car and I kinda now the guy, he was friends with one of my good friends. So he let me go on my way.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    I don't like to drive my R8 because it has gotten me pulled over 3 times in 6 months... When I drive my C class I blend in.
    I was driving my wife's Indy Red M6. Awesome car. To be totally honest, 103 is nothing in that vehicle. By the time he clocked me, I was slowing way down. Problem is.....shortly after this I would get pulled over almost daily. Troopers knew that car, and knew I had gotten stopped several times. We just got rid of it about 2 weeks ago for an X5. Kinda depressing, but I just couldn't enjoy driving it anymore. Too much heat.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

Last year. Was speeding, he didn't get me on the radar gun though, so I knew I wouldn't get a speeding ticket. Unfortunately my left front light was out! Fix-it ticket for $25.

zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 687

Day after Xmas... sped right by a police station at 10 in the morning on my way downe to the browns game... I was driving and had 4 people in the car and a bunch of alcohol and grass. The guy in shotgun yelled at me that a cop is right there getting ready to pull out of the station but it was too late. Pulled me over... fortunately he let me go... said merry xmas.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

I got a warning. She said a sexy guy like me doesn't need a ticket.

Doug

I recall the first time I was ever pulled over ( at about age 17, around 1980). I was driving my Dad's Pinto, had a passenger about 16 yo. Cop muttered something "like you're obviously not a 50 year old woman", let us go...and went on his way....I guess looking for an older woman driving a White Ford Pinto ?

My first speeding ticket was on an interstate in Kearney, Nebraska circa 1984-5. Broad daylight, no traffic, middle of nowhere, straight ass highway where 90 mph would be reasonable. Cop gets me for 70 in a 55 with CT plates in Neb, in a 75 Dodge Dart....mutters some shvt about having a son my age.

I deserved every DUI , I ever got !

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    pulled over like 7 times recently. only one was legit (speeding). the others were basically fishing expeditions. dont these d-bags have better things to do than pull me over for going speed limit? because only drug smugglers travel at speed limit apparently.

what do you drive? or are you black?

drew17
    drew17's Avatar Become A Pro!

never been pulled over. I'm a by the book driver.

Doug

I got a no seat belt ticket like 10 years ago. It was rough, as I had old warrants in other states, they didn't show....was I going to get arrested ? I was relieved to see old shvt didn't get pulled up ( not that that they'd bother to extradite me to California for misdemonor old crap that I ran away from.

It was close to X-mas too. No break on that. A relief not to get arrested, but pissed for a BS ticket, at the same time ! It should be my choice to wear a seatbelt or not.... I just wear it now.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Not sure if it qualifies for being 'pulled over' but drove through a checkpoint this month and was told to go to the side of the road for some reason when I told him I had my pistol in the car....got the permit to carry but he still wanted me on the side to check it all out. Probably could have gotten away with not mentioning it, but just playing it safe since I didn't feel like getting shot/tased reaching for the insurance paper next to it

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

a couple of days ago--break light was out

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Rollins View Post
    what do you drive? or are you black?
    no not black. lol

driving different cars. camry, honda, lexus gs, and ford.

last one i was pulled over cause they claimed they heard gunshots and that i looked suspicious cause i was wearing a hooded jacket. but i didnt hear any gunshots at all since i live in the area.

TWEETS
    57% NCAAF
    TWEETS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 391

2 years ago, he was on the shoulder and I almost hit him coming around the corner, had to go thru all the DUI tests and got off with a warning.

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1628

About a year ago I was on my way to the gym on a Friday morning about 10:30. The speed limit was 45. I was going about 40. I noticed flashing lights in my rear view mirror and pulled over. License, registration and proof of insurance please. After checking the computer I was informed everything was fine and I was free to go on. The reason for stopping? My license plate holder was to large and obscured the number! Total B.S. It was an excuse to pull me over. Its one of the lamest excuses I've ever heard of to harass someone.
    I have not had a ticket in 10 years. That one was for a rolling stop at a stop sign on a side street.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11893

got pulled over a couple of months back for having expired stickers on my license plates.

it was renewed just didn't have the stickers yet. all swell and dandy. dude let me go.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    a couple of days ago--break light was out
    good idea to check that stuff occasionally,esp. if you haul drugs or something. Bad to get busted with a few kilos over a $3 brake light bulb.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by TWEETS View Post
    2 years ago, he was on the shoulder and I almost hit him coming around the corner, had to go thru all the DUI tests and got off with a warning.
    I can't pass the DUI tests sober ! Ten steps heel to toe and turnaround or that one foot crap.

just do the field BAC test and get it over with.

I got pulled over for a cracked windshield once in California ( drunk enough to get busted) and let go. I probably had some weed in the truck, too !

Stinger
    Stinger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

License plate light was out, just a warning

JimmysEgo
    JimmysEgo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

last time i got pulled over was a year ago. i was totally trashed. we left work at 2pm for a work party. started drinking there, went to another bar afterwards. went to ANOTHER bar afterwards. 2am i'm driving home, no way i should have been driving. cop lights behind me. oh shit. i pull over. dome light turned on, window rolled down, hands on steering wheel. cop walks up, "license and registration." had it ready, hand them to him, also hand him my concealed weapon permit and say i'm not carrying a firearm at the moment. he says, "no problem, you're the least of my worries." then he asks if i knew why he pulled me over. i tell him that my door was ajar and i opened it and closed it while i was driving. he said no, i made a right hand turn at the red light when i was not supposed to. i tell him i'm not familiar with this area and i'm sorry. he said he'll be right back. comes back with a warning. woo hoo!

tim0402
    Update your status
    tim0402's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 457

funy you ask this cuz my wife and i were parked on the street and an asian cop put his lamp on us and asked us what we were doing.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by thezbar View Post
    About a year ago I was on my way to the gym on a Friday morning about 10:30. The speed limit was 45. I was going about 40. I noticed flashing lights in my rear view mirror and pulled over. License, registration and proof of insurance please. After checking the computer I was informed everything was fine and I was free to go on. The reason for stopping? My license plate holder was to large and obscured the number! Total B.S. It was an excuse to pull me over. Its one of the lamest excuses I've ever heard of to harass someone.
    I have not had a ticket in 10 years. That one was for a rolling stop at a stop sign on a side street.
    that could actually be legit ? I see cars with license plate cover thingees that become occluded/ opaque. That is a semi-legit pull-over ( IMO).

Total speed-traps piss me off.....where they just ticket any out-of-state plate for no reason and derive way too much of the town's income from BS tickets.

JimmysEgo
    JimmysEgo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by thezbar View Post
    About a year ago I was on my way to the gym on a Friday morning about 10:30. The speed limit was 45. I was going about 40. I noticed flashing lights in my rear view mirror and pulled over. License, registration and proof of insurance please. After checking the computer I was informed everything was fine and I was free to go on. The reason for stopping? My license plate holder was to large and obscured the number! Total B.S. It was an excuse to pull me over. Its one of the lamest excuses I've ever heard of to harass someone. I have not had a ticket in 10 years. That one was for a rolling stop at a stop sign on a side street.
    also when it snows, you are required to brush the snow away from the license plate so all the characters are visible. you can get pulled over for this too.

12 Last