jbrent95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1450

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    and what happened ?

warning ?
    ticket ?
    arrest ?

over 7 years for me !
    I was pulled over last week for an expired inspection on my weekend car-- a a '68 Bentley. I will pay the $35 fine on Monday.

A few years ago, I was pulled over by the same rookie cop at the same intersection on 4 consecutive nights. The stop bar is about 40' in front of the stop sign. If you pull up to stop sign, you get pulled over. He is simply looking for drunks. I was coming home from a poker game each night at 3:00.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Got pulled over a couple weeks ago.

Two freeways merge and the right white stripe on the left freeway comes to a point with the left white stripe on the right freeway. This is called the "gore point". I was merging from the right. The traffic in my lane was almost stopped and there was no one in the lane to the left of me back for about 1/4 of a mile so I cut over the line.

Got pulled over about 2 miles later by an unmarked car. The cop asked me "are you aware that you can't cut over like that?" I told him I didn't want to say anything that might incriminate me.

I got a letter in the mail a week later stating that the charges were dropped because the infraction started in City A and ended in City B. The problem is that these 2 cities aren't even connected.

Last edited by QuantumLeap; 12-31-10 at 12:06 AM.

Doug
    Doug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1298

Quote Originally Posted by JimmysEgo View Post
    also when it snows, you are required to brush the snow away from the license plate so all the characters are visible. you can get pulled over for this too.
    You're not at all likely to get nailed for that but it is accurate info. I hate those cover plate things that hide the numbers and get cloudy.....I'd pull a car over for that, if I was copper. I'd let the snow-blocked plate slide, though...that cover won't last long, not going to bust balls over that when it snowed just yesterday.

Manaconda
    Manaconda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1292

august of 07, i didnt technically get pulled over, woke up in an ambulance after blacking out while driving drunk, got the license back 6 months later and try to drive like a saint now..

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

5 years ago. When I was arrested I was dressed in black

JimmysEgo
    JimmysEgo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by THE PROFIT View Post
    5 years ago. When I was arrested I was dressed in black
    cocaine blues?

Skidcom
    Skidcom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19739

1995 BS illegal right on red in a snowstorm in Southfield Michigan. Was in Windsor, Canada on EasterEve. Amazingly, I was the designated driver and was actually sober. Cop made me walk the line, blow the breathalyzer and everything at 4 am. Was let go but my hyena friends were not making it easy.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    It's been about 5-6 years for myself. I was driving home from a poker game with a buddy and some rogue copper pulled me over at like 2am just because. Asked if I had been drinking (which I hadn't) and said my tire hit the double-yellow. Gave me a warning and told me to drive safe. Probably just looking for a cheap ticket to make his quota.
    2am pullovers are for potential DUIs and parolees; that is the only reason he pulled you over.

nadal fan
    nadal fan's Avatar Become A Pro!

ohhhhh no tickets in last 4 years..yahhh

rossta4i
    rossta4i's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4613

In october cause the cop said my tires was too big, which is 2 inches bigger then stock size. Tires sticking out to far outside the fenders and no mud flaps. Hit with a 150 ticket. Cop said he couldve gave me 50 bucks per tire and some other stupid fines

masontnk
    masontnk's Avatar Become A Pro!

I just got one the other week for running a stupid red light that is liek a trp. You cant see it cause it is like 10 ft in front of another stop light. the one that i got busted for his hidden by a tree

BettingGeek
    SBR PRO
    BettingGeek's Avatar Become A Pro!

knock on woods everybody .... knock knock

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Quote Originally Posted by masontnk View Post
    I just got one the other week for running a stupid red light that is liek a trp. You cant see it cause it is like 10 ft in front of another stop light. the one that i got busted for his hidden by a tree
    if you want, take a picture of it from where you have to stop, and fight the ticket and you will get out of it

samgurt
    samgurt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Never have been and hopefully never will be

kings12
    kings12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

About 3 months ago for speeding, cop came out of nowhere and pulled me over.

Joe Dogs
    Joe Dogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

Many years ago....A cop caught me on radar doing 98mph in a 50mph zone.

Lost my license for two weeks for that offense.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Dogs View Post
    Many years ago....A cop caught me on radar doing 98mph in a 50mph zone.

Lost my license for two weeks for that offense.
    seems fairly lenient IMO !

98 is pretty fast on an interstate highway tagged at 65-70 , then you're in a 50 zone.

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1628

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    that could actually be legit ? I see cars with license plate cover thingees that become occluded/ opaque. That is a semi-legit pull-over ( IMO).

Total speed-traps piss me off.....where they just ticket any out-of-state plate for no reason and derive way too much of the town's income from BS tickets.
    Not in this situation. Everything was clear, nothing blocked, one inch holder very basic. I learned something that day. My current car has no plate holder at all.

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

been a few years since I been pulled over, but from the time I was 16 to 22, whoa

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by thezbar View Post
    Not in this situation. Everything was clear, nothing blocked, one inch holder very basic. I learned something that day. My current car has no plate holder at all.
    I believe you 100%. I just use the standard srews, nuts and bolts , no cover plate plastic BS. I think you know what I mean about those plastic covers ? I'd never use one.

JimmysEgo
    JimmysEgo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Dogs View Post
    Many years ago....A cop caught me on radar doing 98mph in a 50mph zone. Lost my license for two weeks for that offense.
    i was going 90 in a 45 on my motorcycle. went up a hill and down the other side, a cop was in the median facing me i can see he had a radar gun. he didn't even pull out when i past. not sure if the motorcycle is not big enough to catch the radar so he didn't know exactly how fast i was going or if he figured i'd be too long gone by the time he made the u-turn.

i've had my motorcycle up to 140 one time, had more to give it but i ran out of road. i live in the washington DC area, not a lot of good roads and there are always too many other cars around. This was on the Yamaha R6. i also have a Harley Softail, but i've only had that up to 100, it's chopped out and not really made for speed.

Socrates
    Socrates's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Last night. DUI....posting from prison right now.

First 12