iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Kings Corner (The Action of Investing...)

Invest: To expend (time, money, or other resources) with a view to obtaining some benefit of value in excess of that expended, or to achieve a useful purpose;

You know the old sayings about the turtle winning the fukking race, or how it takes forever to grow a tree, but only a minute to chop it down... We hear these all the time and say to ourselves "that's pretty true, I should take something from that and better myself", only to fall right back into our "bad" habits and patterns until we hear it again. What I want you to think about is the "Action of Investing", not just the "thought", but the actual get off your ass and do something "action".

What is so fukkin crazy and the main reason most can't succeed at this is actually quite simple. No matter what you are investing in, the most important "action" you take for a particular investment is to do absolutely nothing. For most of us, this is the hardest thing in life to do!!! And it's why i wanted to write about this..

Say for example when it comes to sports betting, the Sharps find value and they find it EARLY.. they invest their cash and then wait...........or do they?? Maybe they do something else while they "wait". Maybe that's what separates them from us? They can invest/wager on something at a good price and move on to the next positive venture, we want immediate satisfaction from our minimal amount of "investments".. And this is what buries us all in the end. Our lust for action gets in the way of positive investing.

The Action of Investing: Replacing the lust for Action with the lust for Investing.

Your Time: This is the most valuable thing in the universe, so it's only right to remind you fukks how important it is to invest your time wisely. I know its common sense, but never put off till tomorrow what you can do today. Ok, maybe never is a bit unrealistic, but you understand what i mean...You know what needs to be done... DO IT! This should be your most important investment...

Your Health: You young fukks probably don't realize how important this is. But I can promise you it should be one of your main priorities. Eating Taco Bell every day is about as sharp as betting all your favorites at Bodog. While you're waiting for the next game to start (I know you dread this feeling) go for a jog, do some sit-ups, eat a salad.. it's so easy to get healthy if you change your ways and build new habits. Invest in your Health people...

A Good Chick/Family: Some of you fukks are a lost cause and will always be alone renting Redbox movies and sleeping with your dog...But for those of you that can actually pull a woman, I suggest investing a lot of time finding a good chick that has your back. Fukk the hoodrats and gold diggin whores that BaitMen wastes his life chasing, Im talking about finding a good women that you can start a family with... One that can finish a crossword puzzle and knows the rules of baseball, if she doesn't know the "strike zone" in baseball, get rid of her ass..If you have to hide your vices from her (gambling, drinking, etc. etc.) you're fukked and are better off alone...Invest in finding a good chick..

There is always something to Invest in, whether it be the Saints a week and a half from now, the girl that works at the bank, your eating habits, your relationships with your family, or even the looks of your front yard... Whatever it may be, the key is to have a bunch of positive investments, and to keep piling them on... The more the merrier... after time they start to pay off and then you'll be surprised at all the ACTION you have!!!

KING
    Points Awarded:

mcbaseball10 gave iifold 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Daveyboy gave iifold 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

emoney
    emoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Feels kind of weird to say, but I am now a fan of The King.

iifold
    Update your status

Was gonna put 40 bucks on a meaningless college hoops game, figured I should practice what I preach so I fought the urge and put it on the Steelers to win the AFC..

Trying to be more like a sharp squirrel and less of a square pig...

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

you actually are not a dumbazz...

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

IE the 19th of december huh king?

Rod1010
    Rod1010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

good post man. changed my 1st impression of u

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

Good post OP. A nice change from the usual stuff I see in this forum.

mcbaseball10
    mcbaseball10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1905

Good post Mr. Fold.

Powderguy
    Powderguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

True statements

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7236

Good post. You succeeded in not riding your own nuts for once.

Flying Dutchman
    Floggings continue until morale improves
    Flying Dutchman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 759

Egg-nog found that on another site...

...no way he thought it up. Too damn dumb.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN
    GiveMeaBJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 335

Good post King.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

good post. where did you copy it from? your dumbass was telling us to "invest" in miami winning superbowl a few weeks ago. they aren't even going to the playoffs.

mrmarket
    Update your status
    mrmarket's Avatar Become A Pro!

I can see you thought hard about this or copied someone else. Either way good for you king!

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Great post

TFC
    Update your status
    TFC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 320

Nice read. Thank's for posting it.

iifold
    Update your status

Most of you are about to take the Over in Tonights Saints/Packers game at (47.5)...

It may win, but you could have gotten it at (47) if you were thinking a couple days ahead...

It is so important to think ahead and not let instant gratification control your actions...

You should be getting your weekend plays in now before they move...

Example: You can get Cal (-6.5) right now vs. Colorado, they will be at least (-7) by kickoff...

Think ahead people, in everything you do!

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

Quote Originally Posted by iifold View Post
    Trying to be more like a sharp squirrel and less of a square pig...
    Months later.....your still a square...

iifold
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Naz18 View Post
    Months later.....your still a square...

Does this one hit home??

Were you on top of the world with your hoodrat girlfriend 5 years ago?? Has she turned into your fat wife now?? Or did she leave you and make you spend your gambling money on child support??

Should have thought ahead...