View Poll Results: What is your religion?

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • Christian

117 36.56%
  • Muslim

15 4.69%
  • Jewish

11 3.44%
  • Atheist/Agnostic

123 38.44%
  • Other

54 16.88%
    DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8468

I've burned down at least 4 churches myself. I am better now

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    I've burned down at least 4 churches myself. I am better now

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

the two posters who said they are catholic should have voted "christian".. lol

by the way, Albert Einstein was a fraud and a plagiarist, in case you did not know. An Italian named De Pretto first published E=MC2 and Einsten was a patent clerk who lifted all his "works" from other scientists.

http://www.deuceofclubs.com/books/145_horowitz.htm

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8468

you're welcome sickler

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

I don't really claim a religion but parts of Taoism and Buddhism I find interesting.

(Conceived of as) having no name, it is the Originator of heaven and earth; (conceived of as) having a name, it is the Mother of all things.

gwiz
    gwiz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 451

Quote Originally Posted by WileOut View Post
    The US is about 75% Christian and climbing with the immigrants from Mexico, who are about 90% Christian, being the fastest growing race in the US.

God bless the USA, I am a proud Christian and am very glad our neighbors from the south are Christians as well. Welcome to America Mexicans!
    the US isn't christian it is Roman Catholic,there is a difference in the teachings

christ said call no man your father yet catholics take pride in having a go between[the pope]:defintion=father

christ taught that the father is in him and him in us therefore the father is in us,

the word catholic means universal and christ didn't come to bring the world together under one religion

Word Origin & History

Pope

O.E. papa, from M.L. papa "bishop, pope" (in classical L., "tutor"), from Gk. papas "patriarch, bishop," originally "father

WileOut
    WileOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Quote Originally Posted by losturmarbles View Post
    you first.
    Short cliff notes version here:

Where did the original atom come from?

In order to have a big bang, you have to have something there to bang. There has to be an originator, an original energy that we cannot fathom, this energy is obviously all powerful and beyond our comprehension, Godly.

Further scientific research led me to believe in the Christan version of God.

Now your turn.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11965

In order to have a big bang, you have to have something there to bang. There has to be an originator, an original energy that we cannot fathom, this energy is obviously all powerful and beyond our comprehension, Godly.

Now your turn.
    what?? the christian version

please share this "further scientific research".
    Points Awarded:

Curse Fire gave stealthyburrito 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

hokim
    hokim's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7808

mine is computer science

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14368

Monk

gwiz

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    JEW POWER

Jews smartest people in world

we run the Country
    christ came from the tribe of judah,

as I understand it all major religions generate from the tribe of isreal

compaqDikk
    compaqDikk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

branch davidien

sickler
    Facade 101

Quote Originally Posted by compaqDikk View Post
    branch davidien

wow

compaqDikk
    compaqDikk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by sickler View Post
    wow
    kneel before me sickler

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

which came first, the chicken or the egg?

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by losturmarbles View Post

you're all in on a -EV bet

Now your turn.
    No idea what the big bang has to do with Jesus. And seconding burrito, id love to hear the 'scientific research' that led you to Christianity.

THE PROFIT

I love how with there's 99% of shit that can be explained but 1% not, that has to be the part of god.

What is it about god that you need so bad??? That you have to believe blindly in the face of overwhelming evidence that deities are fiction. Zeus, Thor, were they not good enough. The Christians have to kill races of people to force their new savior onto people who dont want it, now you're gonna sit here & say its real???? What the fuk is wrong with this goddamn world???

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Quote Originally Posted by gwiz View Post
    christ came from the tribe of judah,

as I understand it all major religions generate from the tribe of isreal
    wrong on both counts.

gwiz

there are clearly levels of intelligence

we are smarter than a dog or cat in the sense that we are aware we are alive and someday will die

I find it hard to believe we are at the top of intelligence pole

sickler
    Facade 101

Quote Originally Posted by compaqDikk View Post
    kneel before me sickler

I kneel to nothing representing a higher power.

gwiz

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    wrong on both counts.
    please enlighten me,I am looking for truth

is this your opinion?

THE PROFIT

I think we are the aliens. There has to be more intelligent life forms that have evolved. We cant figure out how to cap an oil well. Is it because its underwater? There were hundreds burning in Kuwait, we stopped all them.

Do roughnecks not know how to swim???

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    Jews are the best at makin money (monopolies/collusion/rigging etc) and in a capitalist economy that means they run the show especially when they monopolize the media as well and being the richest group does tend to lead to being the smartest group, you could be the smartest guy on earth in Bangladesh and ur gonna starve to death but if you're fairly intelligent and your parents send ya to the best schools in the country you're going to come out brighter than average
    There are plenty of Poor, down and out jews as well. All over this Country and World. thanks God I am not one of them. I worked very hard for all that I have.

gwiz

Quote Originally Posted by THE PROFIT View Post
    I love how with there's 99% of shit that can be explained but 1% not, that has to be the part of god.

What is it about god that you need so bad??? That you have to believe blindly in the face of overwhelming evidence that deities are fiction. Zeus, Thor, were they not good enough. The Christians have to kill races of people to force their new savior onto people who dont want it, now you're gonna sit here & say its real???? What the fuk is wrong with this goddamn world???
    christians don't kill,you confuse what the roman catholics did in the name of christianity

they have an agenda to rule the earth as the name catholic implies and use the cover of purity which christ provides

their new savior is the antichrist who will rule the earth as the world dictator when all the countries unite

the world economy will eventually need a world government if it doesn't already have one

THE PROFIT

gwiz, gwiz

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party

christians don't kill,you confuse what the roman catholics did in the name of christianity

they have an agenda to rule the earth as the name catholic implies and use the cover of purity which christ provides

their new savior is the antichrist who will rule the earth as the world dictator when all the countries unite

the world economy will eventually need a world government if it doesn't already have one
    damn this is getting too silly, the antichrist is supposed to bring about the end of the earth, according to church doctrines

and you're referring to the crusades, there were no protestants back then!

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

i picked other. Thankfully I was not brainwashed when I was kid so i dont have a "religion", but they sure did try. Went to church until i was about 10 or 11.

xxxvince
    xxxvince's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

mine is to find out idiots who post stupid things in forum instead of sports n nail them to the cross

THE PROFIT

I remember as a small child asking the real questions wanting real answers. All I could get was "because the bible tells me so" I said "Fuk you!"

gwiz

me too profit

then I decided to read it and prove some things to myself

Doug
    Doug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1298

Orthodox Atheist

Glad to see Atheists in the lead.

An Agnostic is an Atheist without the balls to admit it.

sickler
    Facade 101

Quote Originally Posted by THE PROFIT View Post
    I remember as a small child asking the real questions wanting real answers. All I could get was "because the bible tells me so" I said "Fuk you!"
    I remember praying for things but none of my wishes were granted.

Breaking away from church at a young age must have floored my mother. When she was a young woman pre-marriage, she was being recruited to become a missionary. LOL

gwiz

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    damn this is getting too silly, the antichrist is supposed to bring about the end of the earth, according to church doctrines

and you're referring to the crusades, there were no protestants back then!
    is this a question?

I admit to it being silly,the whole idea of giving your power over to a "religion" is silly to me,so the things one must understand to free yourself can eventually make you seem a bit retarded to someone with a different perspective

I would liken it to a child at a funeral,their behavior doesn't make sense to anyone but them and it's because they aren't aware enough

so to the aware the unaware are retarded and to the unaware the aware are retarded

stupid is as stupid does is another way of saying it

as far as crusades and protestants these are political terms that I am not educated enough to have opinions on

I know crusades where somone killing someone else over religion but thats about it and I think protestants are catholics who are against the catholic church

losturmarbles
    losturmarbles's Avatar Become A Pro!

Now your turn.
    why do you assume i don't believe in a creator?

and that's irrelevant to your spiel about all that matters is jesus christ blah blah blah.

here's the crux of your problem: the bible.

this quote sums it up pretty good:
    from "Why the Christian God is Impossible" By Chad Docterman:
    Perfection's imperfect revelation
    The Bible is supposedly God's perfect Word. It contains instructions to humankind for avoiding the eternal fires of hell. How wonderful and kind of this God to provide us with this means for overcoming the problems for which he is ultimately responsible! The all-powerful God could have, by a mere act of will, eliminated all of the problems we humans must endure, but instead, in his infinite wisdom, he has opted to offer this indecipherable amalgam of books called the Bible as a means for avoiding the hell which he has prepared for us. The perfect God has decided to reveal his wishes in this imperfect work, written in the imperfect language of imperfect man, translated, copied, interpreted, voted on, and related by imperfect man. No two men will ever agree what this perfect word of God is supposed to mean, since much of it is either self- contradictory, or obscured by enigma. And yet the perfect God expects the imperfect humans to understand this paradoxical riddle using the imperfect minds with which he has equipped us. Surely the all-wise and all-powerful God would have known that it would have been better to reveal his perfect will directly to each of us, rather than to allow it to be debased and perverted by the imperfect language and botched interpretations of man.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party

is this a question?

I admit to it being silly,the whole idea of giving your power over to a "religion" is silly to me,so the things one must understand to free yourself can eventually make you seem a bit retarded to someone with a different perspective

I would liken it to a child at a funeral,their behavior doesn't make sense to anyone but them and it's because they aren't aware enough

so to the aware the unaware are retarded and to the unaware the aware are retarded

stupid is as stupid does is another way of saying it

as far as crusades and protestants these are political terms that I am not educated enough to have opinions on

I know crusades where somone killing someone else over religion but thats about it and I think protestants are catholics who are against the catholic church
    totally agree with the lack of awareness part.

but anyway protestants are catholics who broke away from the catholic church in the middle ages, mainly due to rampant corruption. so nowadays they aren't considered catholics at all.

First 123456 ... Last