toddsclowns
    toddsclowns's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 37378

My Morning Offering

O Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I offer you my prayers, works, joys, and sufferings of this day for all the intentions of your Sacred Heart, in union with the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass throughout the world, for the salvation of souls, the reparation of sins, the reunion of all Christians, and in particular for the intentions of the Holy Father this month. Amen.

Quote of the Day
    "Go forth and set the world on fire."
    –St. Ignatius of Loyola

Today's Meditation

“Man will not consent to drive away the money-changers from the temple of his soul until he realizes that it is a Holy of Holies—not a house of traffic, but in very truth the house of God. We thus reach two striking conclusions: There cannot be entire dependence upon the Holy Spirit’s guidance, which is the true meaning of living in Christ, without complete self-renunciation. There cannot be complete self-renunciation without the constant underlying spirit of faith, without the habit of interior silence, a silence where God is dwelling. Many do not see the connection between thoughts about the King and the service of the King; between the interior silence … and the continual detachment … If we look closer, it will be seen that there is a strong, close, unbreakable link between the two. Find a recollected person, and he will be detached; seek one who is detached, and he will be recollected. To have found one is to have discovered the other … Anyone who tries, on a given day, to practice either recollection or detachment cannot ignore the fact that he is doing a double stroke of work.”
    —Raoul Plus, S.J., p. 39-40

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

O Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I offer you my prayers, works, joys, and sufferings of this day for all the intentions of your Sacred Heart, in union with the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass throughout the world, for the salvation of souls, the reparation of sins, the reunion of all Christians, and in particular for the intentions of the Holy Father this month. Amen.
    Quote of the Day
    "If you want God to hear your prayers, hear the voice of the poor. If you wish God to anticipate your wants, provide those of the needy without waiting for them to ask you."
    –St. Thomas of Villanova

Today's Meditation

“In times of spiritual coldness and laziness, imagine in your heart those times in the past when you were full of zeal and solicitude in all things, even the smallest. Remember your past efforts and the energy with which you opposed those who wanted to obstruct your progress. These recollections will reawaken your soul from its deep sleep, will invest it once more with the fire of zeal, will raise it, as it were, from the dead, and will make it engage in an ardent struggle against the Devil and sin, thus being restored to its former height.”
    —St. Isaak of Syria, p. 146

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "He who wishes for anything but Christ, does not know what he wishes; he who asks for anything but Christ, does not know what he is asking; he who works, and not for Christ, does not know what he is doing."
    –St. Philip Neri

Today's Meditation

“Do not suppose that after advancing the soul to such a state God abandons it so easily that it is light work for the devil to regain it. When His Majesty sees it leaving Him, He feels the loss so keenly that He gives it in many a way a thousand secret warnings which reveal to it the hidden danger. In conclusion, let us strive to make constant progress: we ought to feel great alarm if we do not find ourselves advancing, for without doubt the evil one must be planning to injure us in some way; it is impossible for a soul that has come to this state not to go still farther, for love is never idle. Therefore it is a very bad sign when one comes to a standstill in virtue.”
    —St. Teresa of Avila, p.99

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "Be brave and try to detach your heart from worldly things. Do your utmost to banish darkness from your mind and come to understand what true, selfless piety is. Through confession, endeavor to purify your heart of anything which may still taint it. Enliven your faith, which is essential to understand and achieve piety."
    –St. John Bosco

Today's Meditation

“Walking by faith, let us do good works. In these let there be a free love of God for His own sake and an active love for our neighbor. For there is nothing we can do for God. But because we have something we can do for our neighbor, we shall by our good offices to the needy gain the favor of Him Who is the source of all abundance. Let us then do what we can for others; let us freely bestow upon the needy out of our abundance.”
    —St. Augustine, p. 144

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "Just as in one man there is one soul and one body, yet many members; even so the Catholic Church is one body, having many members. The soul that quickens this body is the Holy Spirit; and therefore in the Creed after confessing our belief in the Holy Spirit, we are bid to believe in the Holy Catholic Church."
    –St. Augustine

Today's Meditation

“After the events of the Resurrection and Ascension, Mary entered the Upper Room together with the Apostles to await Pentecost, and was present there as the Mother of the glorified Lord. … Thus there began to develop a special bond between this Mother and the Church. For the infant Church was the fruit of the Cross and Resurrection of her Son. Mary, who from the beginning had given herself without reserve to the person and work of her Son, could not but pour out upon the Church, from the very beginning, her maternal self-giving. After her Son’s departure, her motherhood remains in the Church as maternal mediation: interceding for all her children, the Mother cooperates in the saving work of her Son, the Redeemer of the world. In fact the Council teaches that the ‘motherhood of Mary in the order of grace . . . will last without interruption until the eternal fulfillment of all the elect’. With the redeeming death of her Son, the maternal mediation of the handmaid of the Lord took on a universal dimension, for the work of redemption embraces the whole of humanity.”
    —Pope St. John Paul II, p. 129-30

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "The blessed lady, Mother of our Savior, may well be called a morning, since before her there was none without sin. After her, the most clear sun Christ Jesus showed his light to the world."
    –St. John Fisher

Today's Meditation

“In the throes of pains too excruciating to wrap our minds around, Jesus revealed a most precious gift offered for all of us: his mother. Among His seven last words, or phrases, Jesus said to St. John the Beloved, “Behold, your mother!” (Jn 19:27). Scripture says that from that hour on, John took Mary “to his own home.” Pope Benedict XVI said that the Greek translation of the phrase “to his own home” is far deeper and richer than the English. He writes, “We could translate it: he took Mary into his inner life, his inner being…into the depths of his being. To take Mary with one means to introduce her to the dynamism of one’s own entire existence. It is not something external.” John served as a symbol for the rest of us. Like him, we are given the gift of a true spiritual mother, one who can mold the very depths of our being and transform us. As a trusted mother, she always points us to her Son.”
    –Carrie Gress and Noelle Mering, p. 203

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "I place trust in God, my creator, in all things; I love Him with all my heart."
    –St. Joan of Arc

Today's Meditation

“All, however, cannot attain to the same degree of sacrifice. There are chosen souls whom God has raised above the ordinary callings of life, who, true to their vocation, show their love for God in heroic self-denial, in total surrender to His will, exulting in the use of all their powers to spread His kingdom. But regardless of disparity of calling, all can be led by the same spirit. It is the spirit, not the measure, of sacrifice that will decide our eternity.”
    —John A. Kane, p. 81

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "Where there is no love, put love and you will find love."
    –St. John of the Cross

Today's Meditation

“Dearly beloved Mother, grant, if it is possible, that I may have no other spirit but yours to know Jesus and his divine will; that I may have no other soul but yours to praise and glorify the Lord; that I may have no other heart but yours to love God with a love as pure and passionate as yours. I do not ask you for visions, revelations, feelings of devotion, or spiritual pleasures. It is your privilege to see God clearly; it’s your privilege to enjoy heavenly bliss; it’s your privilege to triumph gloriously in heaven at the right hand of your Son and to hold absolute sway over angels, men, and demons; it is your privilege to dispose of all the gifts of God, just as you wish . . . The only grace I beg you to obtain for me is that every day and every moment of my life I may say: Amen, so be it, to all that you did while on earth; amen, so be it, to all that you are now doing in heaven; amen, so be it, to all that you are doing in my soul, so that you alone may fully glorify Jesus in me for time and eternity.”
    —St. Louis de Montfort, p.160

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "In order to be an image of God, the spirit must turn to what is eternal, hold it in spirit, keep it in memory, and by loving it, embrace it in the will."
    –St. Benedicta of the Cross (Edith Stein)

Today's Meditation

“We’ve been taught that God did not make the world for no reason, but for the sake of the human race. As I said before, he takes pleasure in those who imitate his attributes, and is displeased with those who embrace what is worthless, whether in word or deed.”
    —St. Justin Martyr, p. 324

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "For all, regenerated in Christ, are made kings by the sign of the cross; they are consecrated priests by the oil of the Holy Spirit, so that beyond the special service of our ministry as priests, all spiritual and mature Christians know that they are a royal race and are sharers in the office of the priesthood. For what is more king-like than to find yourself ruler over your body after having surrendered your soul to God? And what is more priestly than to promise the Lord a pure conscience and to offer him in love unblemished victims on the altar of one’s heart?"
    –St. Leo the Great

Today's Meditation

“Joseph’s virtue was sublime and exceptional; therefore it was subjected to a great and singular trial. But, as he heroically surmounted this trial, so God was pleased, not only to console him, but to exalt him to a dignity of extraordinary glory. … Jesus, the Son of God … willed to recognize this virgin spouse as His father in affection, adoption, government, and education, and to be constantly obedient and subject to him. The Holy Ghost, who had operated the incarnation of the Son of God in the womb of Mary, willed that to Joseph this His spouse should be entirely confided. He was to be the zealous guardian of her virginity, her guide, her aid, her support, and her inseparable companion through all the vicissitudes of life. And where, apart from the Divine Maternity, can so great a dignity be found upon earth as that which was conferred on Joseph by the Three Divine Persons of the Most Holy Trinity?”
    —Edward Healy Thompson, p. 197

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "Let us stand fast in what is right, and prepare our souls for trial. Let us wait upon God's strengthening aid and say to him: 'O Lord, you have been our refuge in all generations.'"
    –St. Boniface

Today's Meditation

“Teresa [of Avila] is as insistent as [St. John of the Cross] that there is no prayer development unless it be accompanied by purification from faults. Given what a love communion with utter Purity demands, one could not conceive the matter to be otherwise: only the pure can commune deeply with the all-pure One. Obvious as this is to the saint, the lesser of us have difficulty in understanding that we have many defects that need to be rooted out. … In working actively at rooting out what is amiss, we are to be guided by the principles of revelation, not by a naturalistic common sense. There are people, says Teresa, who desire penance that they may serve God the better, but they are overly careful about not injuring their health. ‘You need never fear that they will kill themselves . . . their love is not yet ardent enough to overwhelm their reason.’ Going on ‘at a snail’s pace . . . we shall never get to the end of the road . . . So for the love of the Lord, let us make a real effort.'”
    —Fr. Thomas Dubay, p. 113

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "Do not be anxious: go straight on, forgetful of self, letting the spirit of God act instead of your own."
    –St. Julie Billiart

Today's Meditation

“True devotion to Our Lady is holy; that is to say, it leads the soul to avoid sin and to imitate the virtues of the Blessed Virgin, particularly her profound humility, her lively faith, her blind obedience, her continual prayer, her universal mortification, her divine purity, her ardent charity, her heroic patience, her angelic sweetness and her divine wisdom. These are the ten principal virtues of the most holy Virgin.”
    — St. Louis De Montfort, p. 55

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "All the science of the Saints is included in these two things: To do, and to suffer. And whoever has done these two things best, has made himself most saintly."
    –Saint Francis de Sales

Today's Meditation

“God never caused the virtues and singular merit of Joseph to shine with greater splendor than when He said to him by the mouth of the angel, ‘Take the Child and His mother’; for in them He committed to him His most precious treasures, giving him thus the preference over all the blessed spirits of Heaven; and Joseph received these two sacred persons into his care, to be their protector, their guardian, and defender. If, then, Heaven made Joseph the protector of Jesus and Mary, we may rest assured that he was at the same time made protector and patron of all men.”
    —Edward Healy Thompson, p. 401

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "This bread is bread before the words of the Sacrament. But when the words of Christ come to it, it is the body of Christ ... Before the words of Christ it is a cup full of wine and water. When the words of Christ become operative, the blood which has redeemed the people is caused to be there."
    –St. Ambrose

Today's Meditation

“The invitation to lift up our hearts at the most important part of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass is an invitation by Jesus through the voice of the priest to give our hearts to the Father, as He gave His life for us. We prepare to make our hearts and lives a total self-gift to the Father as Jesus made Himself a total gift to the Father for us on the Cross.”
    —Archbishop Samuel J. Aquila

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes."
    –St. Clement

Today's Meditation

“Prayer is greatly aided by fasting and watching and every kind of bodily chastisement. In this regard each of you must do what you can. Thus, the weaker will not hold back the stronger, and the stronger will not press the weaker. You owe your conscience to God. But to no one else do you owe anything more except that you love one another.”
    —St. Augustine, p. 143

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "The patient and humble endurance of the cross—whatever nature it may be—is the highest work we have to do."
    –St. Katharine Drexel

Today's Meditation

“If, then, we wish to persevere and to be saved—for no one can be saved without perseverance—we must pray continually. Our perseverance depends, not on one grace, but on a thousand helps which we hope to obtain from God during our whole lives, that we may be preserved in his grace. Now, to this chain of graces a chain of prayers on our part must correspond: without these prayers, God ordinarily does not grant his graces. If we neglect to pray, and thus break the chain of prayers, the chain of graces shall also be broken, and we shall lose the grace of perseverance.”
    —St. Alphonsus Liguori, p. 201

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "If you are suffering from a bad man’s injustice, forgive him—lest there be two bad men."
    –St. Augustine

Today's Meditation

“By accepting the sufferings ‘offered’ by life and allowed by God for our progress and purification, we spare ourselves much harder ones. We need to develop this kind of realism and, once and for all, stop dreaming of a life without suffering or conflict. That is the life of heaven, not earth. We must take up our cross and follow Christ courageously every day; the bitterness of that cross will sooner or later be transformed into sweetness.”
    —Fr. Jacques Philippe, p. 49

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "Viva Cristo Rey! Long live Christ the King!"
    –Blessed Miguel Pro

Today's Meditation

“To love God’s will in consolations is a good love when it is truly God’s will we love and not the consolation wherein it lies. Still, it is a love without opposition, repugnance, or effort. Who would not love so worthy a will in so agreeable a form? To love God’s will in His commandments, counsels, and inspirations is the second degree of love and it is much more perfect. It carries us forward to renounce and give up our own will, and enables us to abstain from and forbear many pleasures, but not all of them. To love suffering and affliction out of love for God is the summit of most holy charity. In it nothing is pleasant but the divine will alone; there is great opposition on the part of our nature; and not only do we forsake all pleasures, but we embrace torments and labors.”
    —St. Francis de Sales, p. 76

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "The spirit of humility is sweeter than honey, and those who nourish themselves with this honey produce sweet fruit."
    –St. Anthony of Padua

Today's Meditation

“The man who is filled with the Holy Spirit speaks in different languages. These different languages are different ways of witnessing to Christ, such as humility, poverty, patience, and obedience; we speak in those languages when we reveal in ourselves these virtues to others. Actions speak louder than words . . . it is useless for a man to flaunt his knowledge of the law if he undermines its teaching by his actions. But the apostles spoke as the Spirit gave them the gift of speech. Happy the man whose words issue from the Holy Spirit and not from himself! … We should speak, then, as the Holy Spirit give us the gift of speech. Our humble and sincere request to the Spirit for ourselves should be that we may bring the day of Pentecost to fulfillment, insofar as he infuses us with his grace, by using our bodily senses in a perfect manner and by keeping the commandments. ”
    —St. Anthony of Padua, p. 492

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "Cast yourself into the arms of God and be very sure that if He wants anything of you, He will fit you for the work and give you strength."
    –St. Philip Neri

Today's Meditation

“Despite how we feel when we fall prey to anxiety, God designed us to be incredibly anxiety-resistant. By understanding how our bodies work, we can more effectively cooperate with our God-given natural resources so we can respond to His grace and be freed from the tyranny of stress. To understand why learning to get control of your bodily reactions to stress is so important to overcoming anxiety, it can be helpful to think of your body as a surge protector…In fact, because life is complex, and because stressors come at us from many different directions at one time, each of us has several built-in surge protectors designed to ground us in times of stress.”
    —Dr. Gregory Popcak, p. 81

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "It is suffering, more than anything else, which clears the way for the grace which transforms human souls. Suffering, more than anything else makes present in the history of humanity the powers of the Redemption."
    –Pope St. John Paul II

Today's Meditation

“The divine activity permeates the whole universe, it pervades every creature; wherever they are it is there; it goes before them, with them, and it follows them; all they have to do is to let the waves bear them on. Would to God that … all men could know how very easy it would be for them to arrive at a high degree of sanctity. They would only have to fulfill the simple duties of Christianity and of their state in life; to embrace with submission the crosses belonging to that state, and to submit with faith and love to the designs of Providence in all those things that have to be done or suffered without going out of their way to seek occasions for themselves. … This is the spirituality of all ages and of every state. No state of life can, assuredly, be sanctified in a more exalted manner, nor in a more wonderful and easy way than by the simple use of the means that God, the sovereign director of souls, gives them to do or to suffer at each moment.”
    —Fr. Jean-Pierre de Caussade, p. 8

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "Mary was the most perfect among the saints only because she was always perfectly united to the will of God."
    –St. Alphonsus Liguori

Today's Meditation

“I heard myself wondering, “How would it be possible for me to change or be forgiven?” As I continued to read [a book about the Blessed Virgin Mary], the answer became clear. The Virgin Mary was saying that people have to believe in God and have faith. They have to surrender and give their lives to her also, so she can present them to her divine Son…Yet I found myself very attracted and captivated by this someone who I couldn’t see – this Virgin Mary…The book said she was living in heaven, sent by God for sinners, for people like me who had gone off and were living sinful lives. Yet how was I going to give my life to Jesus? I hated Jesus! The Virgin Mary was saying things that were so clear and captivating that I found myself moved and literally experiencing emotion in a deep way. This was a kind of emotion I hadn’t experienced since I was a little boy who really loved his mother and wanted to make her happy. And yet the Virgin Mary was saying that she was my mother, that she was the mother of those who had gone astray and was calling us back to God, to Jesus.”
    —Donald H. Calloway, MIC, p. 163

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "If a tiny spark of God’s love already burns within you, do not expose it to the wind, for it may get blown out… Stay quiet with God. Do not spend your time in useless chatter… Do not give yourself to others so completely that you have nothing left for yourself."
    –St. Charles Borromeo

Today's Meditation

“[Mary] watched constantly over her own heart … She watched over her every word as though she could not trust her tongue. In her conception she was given all the privileges that go with sinlessness, yet she decided to live permanently as a penitent! We, on the contrary, are surrounded by flattering, treacherous enemies whose sole aim is to use our natural weaknesses to bring about our fall. Yet we have no fear and are not watchful at all. We admit that we are weakness incarnate, yet frequently we expose ourselves to temptations that would bring down even the strongest soul.”
    —Alexander De Rouville, p. 21

toddsclowns

Happy Father’s Day to all the Father’s out there. May God Bless and watch over you in all that you do.

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "You know well enough that Our Lord does not look so much at the greatness of our actions, nor even at their difficulty, but at the love with which we do them."
    –St. Therese of Lisieux

Today's Meditation

“We live in a fallen world. We must therefore work out our destiny under the conditions created by sin. Did we but realize this truth, we would accept each of life’s trying changes in the same spirit in which we accept the penance from the confessor. Were we truly convinced that our hope of pardon, and consequently our salvation, depends upon repentance, we would willingly undergo all the sufferings of life’s warfare.”
    —John A. Kane, p. 81

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "Be gentle to all, and stern with yourself."
    –St. Teresa of Avila - Teresa of Jesus

Today's Meditation

“Keeping quiet by mastering one’s lips and tongue is a difficult, blazing, and arid work. But we must delve ever deeper into the interior realities that can shape the world usefully. Man must stand silently before God and tell him: God, since you gave me knowledge and the desire for perfection, lead me continually toward the absolute of love. Make me love more and more, because you are the wise artisan who leaves no work unfinished, as long as the clay of the creature does not oppose you with obstacles and refusals. I surrender wordlessly to you, O Lord. I want to be docile and malleable like clay in your hands, for you are a skillful, benevolent potter.”
    –Robert Cardinal Sarah, p.42

slewfan
    slewfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10334

"Help us to love our neighbors as ourselves, to show compassion to the vulnerable and to seek the well-being of all.
    Points Awarded:

toddsclowns gave slewfan 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "It is better to be a child of God than king of the whole world!"
    –St. Aloysius Gonzaga

Today's Meditation

“Our own guardian angel [is] for each of us like a trustworthy captain commissioned to defend a stronghold against its enemies. Our guardian angel remains alert and watchful lest any foes should capture and occupy the fort of our soul. These angels are the faithful guards whom the Lord has located on the walls of Jerusalem to keep watch over His flock throughout the night lest the ferocious wolf of hell, who prowls around like a roaring lion seeking for someone to devour, should seize upon our poor souls!”
    –St. Aloysius Gonzaga, p.65

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest."
    –St. Thomas More

Today's Meditation

“A sculptor who wishes to carve a figure out of a block uses his chisel, first cutting away great chunks of marble, then smaller pieces, until he finally reaches a point where only a brush of hand is needed to reveal the figure. In the same way, the soul has to undergo tremendous mortifications at first, and then more refined detachments, until finally its Divine image is revealed. Because mortification is recognized as a practice of death, there is fittingly inscribed on the tomb of Duns Scotus, Bis Mortus; Semel Sepultus (twice died, but buried only once). When we die to something, something comes alive within us. If we die to self, charity comes alive; if we die to pride, service comes alive; if we die to lust, reverence for personality comes alive; if we die to anger, love comes alive.”
    —Fulton J. Sheen, p. 219
    Points Awarded:

slewfan gave toddsclowns 20 Betpoint(s) for this post.

slewfan
    slewfan's Avatar SBR PRO

I can remember so many years ago my deceased father mentioning Fulton J. Sheen. He would watch him on T.V. when there were only a few channels and no cable .

https://youtu.be/bI4-cdMQSIA?t=53
    Points Awarded:

toddsclowns gave slewfan 30 Betpoint(s) for this post.

toddsclowns

That’s awesome Slew. Sheen was an amazing orator - he converted so many simply from his talks. If you ever get a chance, look up the story of him converting Bella Dodd. God Bless brotha, I’ll say some prayers for your Dad’s soul today. Have a great weekend.

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "We are born to love, we live to love, and we will die to love still more."
    –St. Joseph Cafasso

Today's Meditation

“Faith is the key that puts every other truth into its proper place. Triumphs become opportunities for gratitude instead of pride. Tragedies become opportunities for growth instead of despair. Life just makes more sense and our faith in God gives us joy even when we face what can feel like insurmountable trials.”
    —Matt Fradd, p.96

slewfan
    slewfan's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by toddsclowns View Post
    That’s awesome Slew. Sheen was an amazing orator - he converted so many simply from his talks. If you ever get a chance, look up the story of him converting Bella Dodd. God Bless brotha, I’ll say some prayers for your Dad’s soul today. Have a great weekend.
    Thank you.. Ditto.. Blessed are those who believe..

slewfan
    slewfan's Avatar SBR PRO

Bishop Sheen 50 years ago predicted 2024. Truly Amazing. I may start a new thread with this video.

Points Awarded:

toddsclowns gave slewfan 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! This is he of whom I said, ‘After me comes a man who ranks before me, for he was before me.’ I myself did not know him; but for this I came baptizing with water, that he might be revealed to Israel."
    –John The Baptist (John 1:29-31)

Today's Meditation

“Oh, how painful it is to Me that souls so seldom unite themselves to Me in Holy Communion. I wait for souls, and they are indifferent toward Me. I love them tenderly and sincerely, and they distrust Me. I want to lavish My graces on them, and they do not want to accept them. They treat Me as a dead object, whereas My Heart is full of love and mercy. In order that you may know at least some of My pain, imagine the most tender of mothers who has great love for her children, while those children spurn her love. Consider her pain. No one is in a position to console her. This is but a pale image and likeness of My love.”
    —Jesus to St. Faustina Kowalska, 1447

First ... 2345678 ... Last