1. #1
    Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-19-07
    Posts: 29,775
    Betpoints: 12

    High School Student Arrested By SRO For Disobeying Orders




  2. #2
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 53,230
    Betpoints: 2523

    Sounds like the kid was acting like an entitled little jerk to the teacher but how any of those adults could let it escalate into an arrest situation is the worst part.

  3. #3
    Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-27-10
    Posts: 30,778
    Betpoints: 318

    Kick-Ball in high school?

  4. #4
    Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-25-11
    Posts: 5,295
    Betpoints: 4896

    Tough to tell from that news footage what actually happen. I'm sure some vulture lawyers will swoop in. They'll figure it out.

  5. #5
    JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-11-11
    Posts: 26,171
    Betpoints: 43362

    Many of these black folk have a problem listening to orders from police officers.

    Most of these incidents could be avoided if they just obeyed orders.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 09/26/2022

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 09/22/2022


  6. #6
    fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-17-13
    Posts: 4,253
    Betpoints: 18203

    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    Many of these black folk have a problem listening to orders from police officers.

    Most of these incidents could be avoided if they just obeyed orders.
    thats true but a lot of the time the orders from police are unlawful. the big problem is that almost no one knows which commands are lawful, especially police officers. police also lie and mislead ppl when they know the orders are unlawful. its not smart to disobey police though unless you know the laws and are prepared to fight in court and risk possible jail and fines for lawful behavior since the courts are also corrupt and bias towards police.

  7. #7
    Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-27-10
    Posts: 30,778
    Betpoints: 318

    So the black teacher couldn't get this 18 year old student under control, so the white cop had to be brought in.

    The kid say "I can't breathe" when they were trying to get his back pack off. "I can't breathe" must be the automatic thing to say now.

  8. #8
    JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-11-11
    Posts: 26,171
    Betpoints: 43362

    Quote Originally Posted by fried cheese View Post
    thats true but a lot of the time the orders from police are unlawful. the big problem is that almost no one knows which commands are lawful, especially police officers. police also lie and mislead ppl when they know the orders are unlawful. its not smart to disobey police though unless you know the laws and are prepared to fight in court and risk possible jail and fines for lawful behavior since the courts are also corrupt and bias towards police.
    Comply and sort things out afterwards if you feel you were wronged or violated.

    I feel like if you resist and fight back then you can't cry about what happens to you in the aftermath.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 09/26/2022

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 09/22/2022


  9. #9
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 53,230
    Betpoints: 2523

    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    Comply and sort things out afterwards if you feel you were wronged or violated.

    I feel like if you resist and fight back then you can't cry about what happens to you in the aftermath.
    It's a school kid with a smart mouth at a teacher, not a crim being arrested by cops.

    Terrible work by the teachers involved to let it get that far.

    That sort of stuff will just make kids distrust and dislike cops earlier and even more.

  10. #10
    JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-11-11
    Posts: 26,171
    Betpoints: 43362

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    It's a school kid with a smart mouth at a teacher, not a crim being arrested by cops.

    Terrible work by the teachers involved to let it get that far.

    That sort of stuff will just make kids distrust and dislike cops earlier and even more.
    Agree somewhat but all he had to do was listen to and show a smidgen of respect for the teacher or law enforcement and nothing would have happened.

    Act like an ingrate and you will get your comeuppance eventually.

    They are already taught not to respect law enforcement at an early age in the home.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 09/26/2022

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 09/22/2022


  11. #11
    fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-17-13
    Posts: 4,253
    Betpoints: 18203

    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    Comply and sort things out afterwards if you feel you were wronged or violated.

    I feel like if you resist and fight back then you can't cry about what happens to you in the aftermath.
    well i dont mean to fight them when they try to arrest you. i would always comply with the arrest or detention, but when they are giving unlawful commands like telling you to stop filming in public then if i knew a lawyer that would represent me for half the lawsuit/settlement amount or if i was competent enough to defend myself in court then i would probably push the issue. but i dont know any lawyers so i would just let them bully me to stop probably.
    Last edited by fried cheese; 09-25-22 at 01:59 AM.

  12. #12
    JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-11-11
    Posts: 26,171
    Betpoints: 43362

    Quote Originally Posted by fried cheese View Post
    well i dont mean to fight them when they try to arrest you. i would always comply with the arrest or detention, but when they are giving unlawful commands like telling you to stop filming in public then if i knew a lawyer that would represent me for half the lawsuit/settlement amount or if i was competent enough to defend myself in court then i would probably push the issue. but i dont know any lawyers so i would just let them bully me to stop probably.
    I would not stop filming if I thought they were doing something wrong.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 09/26/2022

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 09/22/2022


  13. #13
    Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-19-07
    Posts: 29,775
    Betpoints: 12

    HAMILTON COUNTY, Tenn. — Following the controversy of a viral video if a Hamilton County SRO arresting an East Ridge High student, community members gathered for a discussion about the place of SROs in schools.

    A community forum at the Urban League of Chattanooga featured an intense discussion about the presence of SROs in Hamilton County Schools.

    Outrage is the feeling of many Hamilton County parents, students, and teachers, after the release of body camera video showing an East Ridge SRO tackling a student, pulling his hair, and pepper-spraying him.

    "To watch him be brutalized, of course, was terrifying," says Rebecca Casey.

    A former teacher, Casey says SROs should not be involved in disciplining students.

    "Why do we continue to have to see videos to know that this is happening? We know it's happening, it's time to act," says Casey.
    A feeling echoed by Mo Rodriguez Cruz, who says SRO funds should be reallocated.

    "There's no actual investment in community, there's just band aids put on larger issues that need real solutions," says Cruz.
    Parents, students, and teachers implored the two attending school board members Karitsa Mosley-Jones and Jill Black to address the issue.

    Black stressed that SROs are not employed or funded by the school district, but condemned the actions of McRae and said the SRO should not have been involved from the start.

    "It's my understanding that SROs are not to be used in any sort of administrative or disciplinary issue. Personally if there's not violence involved, I don't think law enforcement should be involved," says Black.
    Black says the board is not calling a special session to address the incident, but a number of parents and teachers at the forum are organizing a group to attend the next scheduled board meeting.

Top