1. #1
    Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-19-07
    Posts: 29,775
    Betpoints: 12

    40,000 Jacksonville Customers In Danger Of Power Being Disconnected


  2. #2
    Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-27-10
    Posts: 30,778
    Betpoints: 318

    This is why I pay my electric bill as soon as I get it.

  3. #3
    VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-21-09
    Posts: 6,365
    Betpoints: 17293

    Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    This is why I pay my electric bill as soon as I get it.
    Mine is on autopay and I also have evenpay or whatever they call it. The bill is averaged out so it's about the same every month. Set it and forget it.

  4. #4
    newton0038
    newton0038's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-07-07
    Posts: 1,934
    Betpoints: 24

    Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    Mine is on autopay and I also have evenpay or whatever they call it. The bill is averaged out so it's about the same every month. Set it and forget it.
    All the telecommunications companies in Canada try to push the auto pay shit. Telus didn't credit my payment in August, now they trying to hit me with a late fee and extra tax. I would have been out over 200 bucks if I allowed auto theft on my account. They didn't give a shit so I filed a complaint with our regulator and they are chasing down Telus. The regulator has always straighten out the issues i have had with Telus. No auto pay ever, they will steal right from your bank account then make you call them for hours to retrieve the stolen funds.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 09/29/2022


  5. #5
    mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-22-08
    Posts: 4,974
    Betpoints: 348

    I'm in Jacksonville. The bills jumped up about 30% in the summer here because of rising energy costs. JEA the utility company in question, decided that allowing people to not pay for 60 days was a way to help out its customers. Well, you know folks aren't paying unless they have to, so they didn't pay for a few months, and now JEA says time to pay up, and people are facing $300-800 electric bills for the three months.

    JEA is allowing you work out an arrangement over the next 8 months to pay the 3 months they skipped. It's just a simple case of people think they are getting something for free, like when evictions were suspended, and now the chickens have come home to roost.

    Obviously those who now owe these massive bills are crying.

  6. #6
    manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-22-07
    Posts: 20,540
    Betpoints: 670

    "if i got a payment plan i would pay my bill."

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 09/19/2022


  7. #7
    pologq
    JJ Gold is the George Clooney of SBR
    pologq's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-07-12
    Posts: 16,298
    Betpoints: 513

    Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    This is why I pay my electric bill as soon as I get it.
    same. i do the same with my big 4 bills - con ed, car insurance, internet/tv and cell phone.

  8. #8
    Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-27-10
    Posts: 30,778
    Betpoints: 318

    Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    same. i do the same with my big 4 bills - con ed, car insurance, internet/tv and cell phone.
    I try and always stay 3 months ahead with my internet and cell phone. I try to plan ahead for December becasue of X-mas and my wife's birthday which is 2 days before on the 23rd.

    I did get a notice that my electric bill was going from 8.9 per KWH to 18.9 at the end of the month, so that is going to suck a bit. Then again, we won't be running the AC until next year. My gas bill went from $2.49 to $8.47 a unit, so this is going to be an expensive winter.

  9. #9
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-27-12
    Posts: 3,038
    Betpoints: 12

    Kermit, my boy, you are beginning to impress me with your solid intellect. Still have some weight to haul but you’re headed in the correct direction.

    In anticipation of your next question,”why would you even care what I thought?” The answer is you’re always one step behind. You do want to elevate your game from checkers to chess don’t you?

    I have a $50,000 electric bill that I will never ever have to pay. How is this remotely even possible? My special needs son cannot ever have his electric turned off… NEVER. State law forbids shutoffs of handicapped people as long as their doctor signs off on a yearly basis.

    Oh, they do try. Every couple years the corporate fukks will have an Indian sounding guy call me and I take extreme pleasure in shouting him down and threatening legal action.

    Now, you see, I don’t just complain about these corporate fukks. I play chess while they play checkers. When you derive explicit joy at beating down these fukks it’s just so much fun. Never get mad. Get even. Better still get ahead.
    Last edited by TheGoldenGoose; 09-20-22 at 07:05 AM.

  10. #10
    Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-19-07
    Posts: 29,775
    Betpoints: 12

    Millions of Americans are struggling to cope with rising electricity and natural gas prices as sky-high inflation continues to dent their finances.

    About 20% of U.S. households have missed or made a late payment on their utility bill in the last month, according to a recent BkofAma report. Not surprisingly, families with an income of $50,000 or less are struggling the most to absorb higher energy costs. Geographically, residents of Dallas and Houston are seeing some of the highest utility bill hikes this summer — up 23% when compared to the same period last year.

    The increases are expected to continue this winter as National Grid, Con Edison and other power companies have already signaled their plan to raise prices. The average household will pay about 17% more this winter to heat their property, a 10-year high of about $1,200 per home, the National Energy Assistance Directors Association estimated earlier this month. Electric bills are also set to rise, with the U.S. residential price of electricity expected to climb 14.8 cents, a 7.5% jump from 2021, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration.

    National Grid said last week it will increase electricity rates in Massachusetts by 64% starting November 1 and for the next six months. The rise means the average monthly bill for Bay State residents will jump from $179 to $293. The company also plans to hike its home-heating and natural gas rates by at least 22% over that span.

    Con Edison told its New York customers earlier this month to expect "substantially higher" bills starting in November. The average monthly natural gas bill in the bill will grow 32%, from $348 a year ago to $460, the company said. Electricity costs will jump between 22% and 27% for residents in the New York City area.

  11. #11
    Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-27-10
    Posts: 30,778
    Betpoints: 318

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose View Post
    Kermit, my boy, you are beginning to impress me with your solid intellect. Still have some weight to haul but you’re headed in the correct direction.

    In anticipation of your next question,”why would you even care what I thought?” The answer is you’re always one step behind. You do want to elevate your game from checkers to chess don’t you?

    I have a $50,000 electric bill that I will never ever have to pay. How is this remotely even possible? My special needs son cannot ever have his electric turned off… NEVER. State law forbids shutoffs of handicapped people as long as their doctor signs off on a yearly basis.

    Oh, they do try. Every couple years the corporate fukks will have an Indian sounding guy call me and I take extreme pleasure in shouting him down and threatening legal action.

    Now, you see, I don’t just complain about these corporate fukks. I play chess while they play checkers. When you derive explicit joy at beating down these fukks it’s just so much fun. Never get mad. Get even. Better still get ahead.
    How in the Hell do you amass a 50k electric bill?

    I've lived in my house since 1994 and all of my electric bills combined since then aren't anywhere near that amount. And I am not a guy that goes out of his way to conserve electricity.

Top